What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

See roster below,I Gave:Roddy WhiteTorrey SmithBrent CelekI Got:Jimmy GrahamIt kills my WR depth as before I could lock in Fitz, White and then Danrio/Torrey/Austin/D-Mo based on matchups. But, a top 2-3 TE is tough to pass up. Felt like White only has 2-3 more years and Torrey has been wildly inconsistent the past 2 years. Torrey could blow up as a legit top 5, but wanted the sure thing. I got mixed reviews from other people, some saying I way overpaid and some saying I ripped off the other owner. Just curious what people thought.Thanks

See roster below,I Gave:Roddy WhiteTorrey SmithBrent CelekI Got:Jimmy GrahamIt kills my WR depth as before I could lock in Fitz, White and then Danrio/Torrey/Austin/D-Mo based on matchups. But, a top 2-3 TE is tough to pass up. Felt like White only has 2-3 more years and Torrey has been wildly inconsistent the past 2 years. Torrey could blow up as a legit top 5, but wanted the sure thing. I got mixed reviews from other people, some saying I way overpaid and some saying I ripped off the other owner. Just curious what people thought.Thanks
I own Graham in every single league I play in, so I might be biased. I wouldn't give him up for that offer -- it would take a top-7 at their position WR/RB to get me to consider it; not a group of mid-valued players.

I really like it in this format. Torrey has WR2 upside in PPR formats, in my opinion, so I have no problem with you adding him to Roddy to get an upgrade in Graham.

I own Graham in every single league I play in, so I might be biased. I wouldn't give him up for that offer -- it would take a top-7 at their position WR/RB to get me to consider it; not a group of mid-valued players.
Yea, I think that's theft.There are still people who think Torrey Smith has a chance to be a top 10 guy in the future, but after watching him more this season I don't think he's ever going to be a Julio/Dez/Green. So for me, it's giving up an elite player for a WR2-WR3, a fading star, and a mediocre TE.

I like that deal for Graham

Does anyone else find that the longer a dynasty league goes on the harder it is to make trades?We are approaching our 19th draft and trades have become more and more rare. Owners either fall in love with a player or just overvalue their own players and undervalue other owners' players.

12 team, ppr•Team N gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01•Team M gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QBTeam M also had RGIII, Cousins and Dalton at QB. Team N is a really bad team that was lucky to win the 1 game that it did last season. I'm not the owner of either team - but I did suggest that Team M accept the offer when he asked me for advice.
I like Kaepernick here

12 team idp league.I just traded rookie picks 2.06 & 6.06 for Blaine Gabbert.I thought it was a pretty even deal. Gabbert seemed to play better last season before the injury and with only Rivers and Palmer at QB I was glad to get a young prospect.This also allows me to have more flexability at picks 1.06 and 1.08 which I own.

12 team idp league.I just traded rookie picks 2.06 & 6.06 for Blaine Gabbert.I thought it was a pretty even deal. Gabbert seemed to play better last season before the injury and with only Rivers and Palmer at QB I was glad to get a young prospect.This also allows me to have more flexability at picks 1.06 and 1.08 which I own.
Just a start-1QB league? I'm surprised that Gabbert isn't on the waiver wire. I certainly wouldn't have given up a 2nd round pick for him.

Does anyone else find that the longer a dynasty league goes on the harder it is to make trades?We are approaching our 19th draft and trades have become more and more rare. Owners either fall in love with a player or just overvalue their own players and undervalue other owners' players.
The longer a league lasts, the more likely it is that the majority of players with any real value are owned by those who value them most. So over time the rosters settle a bit and trades happen less, and then the offseason becomes a time of scrambling to get in position for the next batch of "your guys". I think that's fairly common, but none of my leagues have been around for more than five years and they're all still very active so I could be wrong.

Just a start-1QB league? I'm surprised that Gabbert isn't on the waiver wire. I certainly wouldn't have given up a 2nd round pick for him.
Yea, I'm not gonna lie, I would take any 1st-3rd round rookie pick for Gabbert. Maybe even a random 4th. He was going around 2.06 when he entered the NFL, and after two years of struggling his value has surely taken a massive hit. He is a guy who almost has negative roster value, IMO. Just taking up space.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still people who think Torrey Smith has a chance to be a top 10 guy in the future, but after watching him more this season I don't think he's ever going to be a Julio/Dez/Green.
I like Smith a lot, but I don't think anyone thinks that.

Yea, I'm not gonna lie, I would take any 1st-3rd round rookie pick for Gabbert. Maybe even a random 4th. He was going around 2.06 when he entered the NFL, and after two years of struggling his value has surely taken a massive hit. He is a guy who almost has negative roster value, IMO. Just taking up space.
This is a zealots league with 53 man rosters. Top available QB right now is Chad Henne. I can live with giving up the 18th rookie even though I know Gabbert carries risk as well.

There are still people who think Torrey Smith has a chance to be a top 10 guy in the future, but after watching him more this season I don't think he's ever going to be a Julio/Dez/Green.
Concur, I don't think anyone ever suggested he would get up to hyper elite status. He can certainly be a top 10 guy without being a top 3-5 guy (what happened to 6 through 10?). I'm more comfortable with Torrey Smith than several guys that ADP suggests we should be drafting in the top 10 dynasty WRs, but even saying that, I made trades such as Torrey/DeSean/1.12 (before DeSean died) to get Dez last year because the ceiling is probably WR8-WR10 instead of WR1. Torrey's a hold for me right now, as it seems 9/12 owners are still skeptical based on his ADP. I don't think there is any rush to deal him, but that doesn't mean I expect him to single-handedly win me titles. I know damn well I'm not dealing him at WR20 value, unless perhaps investing him in to a WR40 that should be valued as WR18 plus a very nice sweet on top...and further can afford losing the short-term points while doing so, then who knows...but I guess then I wouldn't be getting the best player and would be risking that my eye on the WR40-->WR18 player was appropriate (my definition of a rush).

Concur, I don't think anyone ever suggested he would get up to hyper elite status. He can certainly be a top 10 guy without being a top 3-5 guy (what happened to 6 through 10?). I'm more comfortable with Torrey Smith than several guys that ADP suggests we should be drafting in the top 10 dynasty WRs, but even saying that, I made trades such as Torrey/DeSean/1.12 (before DeSean died) to get Dez last year because the ceiling is probably WR8-WR10 instead of WR1. Torrey's a hold for me right now, as it seems 9/12 owners are still skeptical based on his ADP. I don't think there is any rush to deal him, but that doesn't mean I expect him to single-handedly win me titles. I know damn well I'm not dealing him at WR20 value, unless perhaps investing him in to a WR40 that should be valued as WR18 plus a very nice sweet on top...and further can afford losing the short-term points while doing so, then who knows...but I guess then I wouldn't be getting the best player and would be risking that my eye on the WR40-->WR18 player was appropriate (my definition of a rush).
Agreed. Some people just love setting up a Straw Man they can knock down.

This is the 4th draft in my main league and it is impossible to trade already. Pretty much me and one other owner will trade and we've exhausted our options already.

Team A gave: A.J. Jenkins, 2013 pick 2.01Team B gave: Jonathan Dwyer, 2014 1st, 2014 3rdTeam B finished 8th/12 if that matters.PPR league 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1D/ST

•Gooney Birds gave up Harris, DuJuan GBP RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05•Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Alexander, Danario SDC WR;Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

•Gooney Birds gave up Harris, DuJuan GBP RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05•Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Alexander, Danario SDC WR;Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE
I like Hernandez side also
This Joe C guy has made bad trade after bad trade after bad trade. This is the same guy who traded Sproles for Quizz straight. I have to say one of the worse owners at judging talent. to be quite honest, this fantasy thing is not for him.Another deal he just made.Flying Ninja Monkeys gave up Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR;Little, Greg CLE WR;Randle, Rueben NYG WRJoe C's Midget Killers gave up Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs

•Flying Ninja Monkeys gave up Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR;Little, Greg CLE WR;Randle, Rueben NYG WR•Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs

I like Hernandez side also
This Joe C guy has made bad trade after bad trade after bad trade. This is the same guy who traded Sproles for Quizz straight. I have to say one of the worse owners at judging talent. to be quite honest, this fantasy thing is not for him.Another deal he just made.Flying Ninja Monkeys gave up Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR;Little, Greg CLE WR;Randle, Rueben NYG WRJoe C's Midget Killers gave up Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs
How bad is this Prairie Dogs team? If it's a late pick I like Joe C's side.

'Tibereas said:
•Flying Ninja Monkeys gave up Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR;Little, Greg CLE WR;Randle, Rueben NYG WR•Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs
I actually like the side getting Randle and Jenkins

Team A gives:WR Demaryius ThomasRB Darren McFaddenRB Willis McGahee (team B owns Hillman, but not Moreno)Team B gives:RB David WilsonRB Jonathan StewartWR Josh Gordon

•Gooney Birds gave up Harris, DuJuan GBP RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05

•Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Alexander, Danario SDC WR;Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE
yes, please.
Joe C is going to regret that one. Britt and Alexander are a wash (high rish high reward players) and Harris will be on the waiver next season. Basically the 1.05 for Hernandez - why would anyone do that?

Team A gives:WR Demaryius ThomasRB Darren McFaddenRB Willis McGahee (team B owns Hillman, but not Moreno)Team B gives:RB David WilsonRB Jonathan StewartWR Josh Gordon
Could end up going either way, but man, Team B really really bought into this offseason hype award winners. Wilson/Gordon are still just talented ?marks

Could end up going either way, but man, Team B really really bought into this offseason hype award winners. Wilson/Gordon are still just talented ?marks
That was part of my thought -- I am the team getting Thomas. I'm not a huge McF fan, and might try to flip him; but I felt like you don't get a lot of chances to get a guy like Thomas. Of course, this could be the year Stewart blows up.

That was part of my thought -- I am the team getting Thomas. I'm not a huge McF fan, and might try to flip him; but I felt like you don't get a lot of chances to get a guy like Thomas. Of course, this could be the year Stewart blows up.
I like your side by a little bit, but it's a close trade. You are getting a pretty big upgrade at WR, especially over the next couple years when it is Peyton vs. Weeden. Gordon is still only 21 and has a pretty bright future if he works hard and the Browns find a QB.Wilson actually seems to be slightly more valuable than DMC right now, so a little downgrade there possibly. Stewart is the wild card. If he ever turns into a reliable RB2 type, then the deal looks pretty even. If not, your WR upgrade probably outweighs any difference between DMC and Wilson.

Assuming this is PPR, Thomas is a top 12 guy right now. You usually don't get them without overpaying. The deal is close and you got the best part - you can't ask for much more than that, usually, when talking about top tier options.

Assuming this is PPR, Thomas is a top 12 guy right now. You usually don't get them without overpaying. The deal is close and you got the best part - you can't ask for much more than that, usually, when talking about top tier options.
Thanks, I was specifically looking out for your feedback on this -- we generally take pretty similar viewpoints. (and yes, it is PPR)

FFPC dynasty:Russell WilsonForPick 7, Dwyer, and CutlerWow
I'm of the opinion that if I cannot immediately tell which side of the deal is inspiring incredulity, such incredulity is unwarranted. Seems like a decent deal to me. I can see why someone might prefer either side. It certainly doesn't merit a "wow" one way or another.

I like your side by a little bit, but it's a close trade. You are getting a pretty big upgrade at WR, especially over the next couple years when it is Peyton vs. Weeden. Gordon is still only 21 and has a pretty bright future if he works hard and the Browns find a QB.Wilson actually seems to be slightly more valuable than DMC right now, so a little downgrade there possibly. Stewart is the wild card. If he ever turns into a reliable RB2 type, then the deal looks pretty even. If not, your WR upgrade probably outweighs any difference between DMC and Wilson.
Going off market values the players involved are similar.. You could say DMC = Wilson, Gordon/Stewart are both 4th-6th round start up players right now. All three of the players you gave up have high market values because of hype, not production, so I think you did well here to cash out and get 2-3 proven players. Even McGahee might have another year of low end RB1-high RB2 production left.

FFPC dynasty:Russell WilsonForPick 7, Dwyer, and CutlerWow
I'm of the opinion that if I cannot immediately tell which side of the deal is inspiring incredulity, such incredulity is unwarranted. Seems like a decent deal to me. I can see why someone might prefer either side. It certainly doesn't merit a "wow" one way or another.
It sure does considering the guy trading Wilson turned down (from me of course) Stevie Johnson and a 2014 1st (very likely non playoff pick), and he told me "Unless I am getting Jamaal Charles we can't make a deal".Then he trades him for Cutler who has no value (was actually traded for a 5th rounder which is basically worthless and is on waivers in most of the FFPC leagues since there is the cut down to 16), Dwyer who also blows and carries basically no value, and is on waivers in a lot of leagues, and pick 7 which carries decent value, but not close to Wilson. And now he has to cut an extra player, and IMO looking at his roster, it SHOULD be one of the guys he just traded for.

Team A gives: 1.02, Lavon Brazill, Jacoby FordTeam B gives: Fitzgerald, Housler
Ouch. Fitz side for me by a healthy margin.Fitz was clipping at ~18 PPG in PPR the first 6 weeks before Kolb got hurt. He's gonna be the focal point this year, too.Just a note that Fitz went 2 rounds before the 1.02 in a recent start up.

Team A gives: 1.02, Lavon Brazill, Jacoby FordTeam B gives: Fitzgerald, Housler
Ouch. Fitz side for me by a healthy margin.Fitz was clipping at ~18 PPG in PPR the first 6 weeks before Kolb got hurt. He's gonna be the focal point this year, too.Just a note that Fitz went 2 rounds before the 1.02 in a recent start up.
Fitz went about 8 picks earlier in another startup. I like Fitz side here too.

I received: Aj green andrew Hawkins and the 3.10 I gaveup: eric Decker Lamar Miller ashlon jeffrey and the 1.12Standard scoring 6 pts all tds ppr

I received: Aj green andrew Hawkins and the 3.10 I gaveup: eric Decker Lamar Miller ashlon jeffrey and the 1.12Standard scoring 6 pts all tds ppr
Winner winner chicken dinner.....even without getting pick 3.10 and Hawkins, I like your side by a lot
Maybe, but you may be singing a different tune a year from now. If I owned Green I would be very tempted by the upside of Miller and Jeffery. And let's not forget that Decker finished as a top 10 WR in ppr format.

Winner winner chicken dinner.....even without getting pick 3.10 and Hawkins, I like your side by a lot
Maybe, but you may be singing a different tune a year from now. If I owned Green I would be very tempted by the upside of Miller and Jeffery. And let's not forget that Decker finished as a top 10 WR in ppr format.
Maybe.........and I stress MAYBE...........but lets fast forward even further to like 3 years form now when Green is arguably the #1 pick in startups and Decker doesn't have Manning any more.I am tempted by the upside of Miller and Jeffrey also, but not at the expense of one of the few untouchables in Green.If I am going to deal Green, Julio, graham, Gronk......guys that will be studs for a decade, I am gonna need a HELL of a lot of picks and upside guys to make that happen.

Iknew I had to pay up to get him and I didn't want to part with decker since I think he'll have a career similar to welker. Not as studly as welker but similar.

Users who are viewing this thread