What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Official Philadelphia Eagles - NFC EAST CHAMPS*** (1 Viewer)

All reports out of camp were that it wasn't as close of a race as some vick-haters may like to say. Look, it's easy to judge from home, but I'm willing to bet that Kelly who has seen them both every day, and watched them compete, is by far a better judge on this then you or I. Kelly is not dumb, do you not think that he has considered all of your points above? Do you not think all these things have crossed his mind but that he is still making the decision he thinks is best for this team this year and long term?

I never said Foles' was a failure, I said he "failed to do so as much as Vick". Maybe Kelly saw that Foles didn't have it in him to be the starter he wanted in the future. I am confident Chip has a long term plan here and he isn't just making thoughtless decisions about this teams future. Let's give him a bit of benefit of the doubt here, he's the expert, not us.

I still think a 7-8 win season is better for the team long term then a 4-5 win season (taking draft pick out of the picture). There's a lot of people on this roster, its about evaluating them as well as just the qb. Maybe Vick is executing Chip's offense MUCH better then foles would, so having vick at qb will allow him to evaluate the potential of some WR's, RB's, TE's, etc working the system that Kelly really wants to implement. Maybe Foles just couldn't grasp fully what Chip wants to do and having him in for the season would be a wasted year as well, one where next year if he gets a different qb, the other skill positions will again have to readjust to a new system. These are all maybe's, but they are possibilities and things I'm sure our coach has thought about and evaluated. He took FOREVER to name a starter, he obviously had lots of time to make these calls, and I'm going to trust that he's making the right decision.

Vick has a great opportunity to light it up this year, which could become trade bait, or he could show he IS the answer semi-long term for us. And if he has a mediocre season like you expect him to (which is entirely a good possibility), then Foles is right there waiting to step in.

Barkley on the other hand I don't agree with. He was going to be the 3rd qb regardless of which was named starter, so I think using him as an example of wanting to evaluate him and start him this year is fairly far fetched.
Could you please explain the bolded? If it wasnt that close then why wait? I didnt see anyone report that it wasnt close at all.
I'm not sure why they waited... I think Kelly really wanted to make sure there was a 0% chance Foles could beat Vick out. Again, you'd have to ask Chip that, not me. I dont have any of the links to reports, but I will try to find some. However, most beat writers, tweets from camp observers, etc, were all saying that Vick was "way ahead" of Foles, and for weeks he's been taking most if not almost all of first team reps, that he's looked fantastic in camp. It was only a matter of time before Chip 'officially' announced it, but from everything I saw, it was not a neck and neck close competition by any stretch.
I think common sense would indicate that it was closer then you're letting on.

I am not on Twitter all day- everyday but as you can see from probably more then half my posts all I usually copy and paste is Tweets from every local guy. I havent read a one that has said Vick was "way ahead" at any point before the Carolina game.

Looking at the schedule a slow start is likely. WAS, SD, KC, DEN, NYG, TB, DAL, NYG are the first 8 games, and you have to face RG3 and Rodgers before the week 12 bye. Vick can't keep the job with a 3-5 or worse start. He has no room to pull his usual bs if he wants to get paid. We will be here typing away until we get carpal tunnel for the team to move on with Nick Foles(or Barkley but he sucks). Vick has to play on another level not to hand the job back to Foles in 2014 at minimum. A contract extention now is asinine basing it off of 30 preseason snaps and not years of poor play. He will be great for FF for his running though.
This year, I think that is an incorrect statement. especially if Vick is playing well, the offense is clicking, and the Eagles are losing because their defense can't stop anybody. Vick will lose the starting job if he is playing poorly or if he is hurt. Record will be a secondary consideration.
Which is why starting him makes no sense to me. IMO, QB evaluation >>>2013 record.
We all get your stance on this already. But Kelly is obviously starting Vick for many reasons.

1. You don't just purposely tank your team in order to get a better draft spot. With such parody in the league, you never know what can happen and you have to field your best team possible each year. Do I think we have a shot at the SB? No, probably not, but I wouldn't ever suggest using a season to try out some players rather then try to win. Chips a competative guy, its not in his nature to not try to win every game, and Vick gives us the best chance to win right now.

2. Chip is a new coach in the league, and as such, you don't exactly want to mess around with your first season being a total failure. Yes, he knows its a rebuild year in a sense, but imagine if we go 3-13 with Foles, everyone will be screaming about how Kellys game doesn't transition into the NFL, and how he's spurrier 2.0. However, if he plays vick and gets us say 8 wins, that's a nice improvement and step in the right direction and it will look good on Kelly.

3. Who is to REALLY say that Foles has more of a shot to be the qb of the future then vick does? Vick still isn't old, and despite his inconsistency and injury concerns, there IS still a CHANCE that he lights it up this year, gets an extension, and is our qb going forward. Vick can be developed in this system too, and Kelly obviously thinks that's a possibility. We are all quick to say vick is 100% not our future, so maybe he IS using the season for QB evaluation like you want, just not with the QB you want. Foles has had plenty of time this offseason to be evaluated, and show he can be the future of this team and he failed to do so as much as Vick did.

At the end of the day, we all wanted Vick to not be handed the job and have to win it. And he did that, and by a wide margin. If it was close I could see your dilemma, but Vick won it outright, and having a competative successful season is a GOOD thing for a rebuilding team.... and can often create better things for their future then losing a ton of games and getting a better draft pick. You don't really see a clearly superior qb being benched in the nfl until your team is out of the playoffs, and you're suggesting we do this with an 0-0 record. The one time I can think of this happening was the Flutie/Johnson thing and that didn't work out too well for them.
*sigh* The only 30 year old with a excuse to be a development at this point of their career is Weeden and even he is a mistake. Starting VIck says we are in position to win now. Just judging where the franchise has went since Vick took over, he has been a waste of time and a huge mistake. There is nothing worse than being stuck with a mediocre QB and not noticing. I'd rather move on with the rebuild.
No it doesn't-not at all.. I've made my point in this thread a few times, but the simple answer is that Vick is not 39 years old. Chip Kelly obviously believes that Vick is the best QB on the roster. I agree. He also believes that while this may be a rebuilding year that perhaps the pieces aren't as far off as you think they are. Just because you think Vick under center has been a waste doesn't make it so.

I think we can eliminate last year as every facet of the team was terrible.

2011 Vick was an average QB, amassing 4000 YFS/19TDs/18 turnovers while missing 3 games to injury. Birds record: 8-8.

2010 Vick was a runner to MVP of the League. playing in 13 games amassing 3700 YFS/30 TDs/9 turnovers. Birds record: 10-6 division champs; lost to eventual Super Bowl Champs.

Last year sucked, but to say 2010 was a waste is ridiculous. I don't think they'll do much this year, but it sure as hell won't be because of Mike Vick of this offense. If they (offense led by Vick) are capable of scoring like it seems they can, you'll almost certainly have to bang your head into the wall for another year or two as Vick will be resigned.

At this point its not shocking, but I was very, very wrong.
Me as well. I don't feel completly wrong since Foles did play well.

Vick earned it, plain and simple.
Well considering I stated that Vick wouldn't be on the opening day roster, I was COMPLETELY wrong! :lol: But I'm still on the bus with amused and buddyball, maybe they shock me and make the playoffs but I think we're wasting time. I just fear an extension, then Vick reverting back to being Vick as soon as he gets paid again.
This is a possibility, and I fear that too. But Kelly can't let that fear take over the fact that Vick is clearly right now the best person to help the team win games, and that should be the #1 goal of this team right now, even in a 'rebuild'. If we are eliminated, or things aren't working, then Kelly can make the change. It's part of his learning curve as an NFL coach too, being able to pick the best player for the team, make adjustments and tough calls throughout the season as he sees fit. I hope Vick shows us some things he never has before and can be a starter with us for years, but I am skeptical of that and don't see it happening. Regardless, he's clearly the best man for the job this year... we have a fresh start in Philly so maybe the fans need to do the same and actually start CHEERING for their team rather then secretly hoping Andy/Vick fails and cheering against them. I'm personally excited to watch this offense and see how it looks with Vick.
Besides for laughing at them(Reid) the last couple seasons, I would never cheer against them, I am still a fan. I'm fired up to see Kelly and his offense too, just tempered my excitment when Vick was re-signed. He is what he is, I doubt a renaissance is coming that's all.

Billy Bats said:
Deamon said:
Billy Bats said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Billy Bats said:
At this point its not shocking, but I was very, very wrong.
Me as well. I don't feel completly wrong since Foles did play well.

Vick earned it, plain and simple.
Well considering I stated that Vick wouldn't be on the opening day roster, I was COMPLETELY wrong! :lol: But I'm still on the bus with amused and buddyball, maybe they shock me and make the playoffs but I think we're wasting time. I just fear an extension, then Vick reverting back to being Vick as soon as he gets paid again.
This is a possibility, and I fear that too. But Kelly can't let that fear take over the fact that Vick is clearly right now the best person to help the team win games, and that should be the #1 goal of this team right now, even in a 'rebuild'. If we are eliminated, or things aren't working, then Kelly can make the change. It's part of his learning curve as an NFL coach too, being able to pick the best player for the team, make adjustments and tough calls throughout the season as he sees fit. I hope Vick shows us some things he never has before and can be a starter with us for years, but I am skeptical of that and don't see it happening. Regardless, he's clearly the best man for the job this year... we have a fresh start in Philly so maybe the fans need to do the same and actually start CHEERING for their team rather then secretly hoping Andy/Vick fails and cheering against them. I'm personally excited to watch this offense and see how it looks with Vick.
Besides for laughing at them(Reid) the last couple seasons, I would never cheer against them, I am still a fan. I'm fired up to see Kelly and his offense too, just tempered my excitment when Vick was re-signed. He is what he is, I doubt a renaissance is coming that's all.
I'm not saying we're SB contenders, I just hope that fans can actually be excited even if their expectations are tempered. The "fire this guy", "they dont know what they're doing", "I hope we lose so I can tell everyone I was right", "lets do bad for a better draft pick", and "yay my team sucked, i was right in my predictions" #### needs to have left when Andy left. New start, new regime, our coach has picked his qb and picked undoubtably the best one to lead this team, so let's try to get on board.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
All reports out of camp were that it wasn't as close of a race as some vick-haters may like to say. Look, it's easy to judge from home, but I'm willing to bet that Kelly who has seen them both every day, and watched them compete, is by far a better judge on this then you or I. Kelly is not dumb, do you not think that he has considered all of your points above? Do you not think all these things have crossed his mind but that he is still making the decision he thinks is best for this team this year and long term?

I never said Foles' was a failure, I said he "failed to do so as much as Vick". Maybe Kelly saw that Foles didn't have it in him to be the starter he wanted in the future. I am confident Chip has a long term plan here and he isn't just making thoughtless decisions about this teams future. Let's give him a bit of benefit of the doubt here, he's the expert, not us.

I still think a 7-8 win season is better for the team long term then a 4-5 win season (taking draft pick out of the picture). There's a lot of people on this roster, its about evaluating them as well as just the qb. Maybe Vick is executing Chip's offense MUCH better then foles would, so having vick at qb will allow him to evaluate the potential of some WR's, RB's, TE's, etc working the system that Kelly really wants to implement. Maybe Foles just couldn't grasp fully what Chip wants to do and having him in for the season would be a wasted year as well, one where next year if he gets a different qb, the other skill positions will again have to readjust to a new system. These are all maybe's, but they are possibilities and things I'm sure our coach has thought about and evaluated. He took FOREVER to name a starter, he obviously had lots of time to make these calls, and I'm going to trust that he's making the right decision.

Vick has a great opportunity to light it up this year, which could become trade bait, or he could show he IS the answer semi-long term for us. And if he has a mediocre season like you expect him to (which is entirely a good possibility), then Foles is right there waiting to step in.

Barkley on the other hand I don't agree with. He was going to be the 3rd qb regardless of which was named starter, so I think using him as an example of wanting to evaluate him and start him this year is fairly far fetched.
Could you please explain the bolded? If it wasnt that close then why wait? I didnt see anyone report that it wasnt close at all.
I'm not sure why they waited... I think Kelly really wanted to make sure there was a 0% chance Foles could beat Vick out. Again, you'd have to ask Chip that, not me. I dont have any of the links to reports, but I will try to find some. However, most beat writers, tweets from camp observers, etc, were all saying that Vick was "way ahead" of Foles, and for weeks he's been taking most if not almost all of first team reps, that he's looked fantastic in camp. It was only a matter of time before Chip 'officially' announced it, but from everything I saw, it was not a neck and neck close competition by any stretch.
I think common sense would indicate that it was closer then you're letting on.

I am not on Twitter all day- everyday but as you can see from probably more then half my posts all I usually copy and paste is Tweets from every local guy. I havent read a one that has said Vick was "way ahead" at any point before the Carolina game.
Same. I've read tons of articles in this slow off season, and if anything, the local media had Foles ahead before the preseason games started. Vick won the battle, without question, but it's not like he was so far and away better than Foles. Heck, if Foles doesn't make two stupid mistakes we probably aren't having this conversation, but he did and here we are. I thought for sure Vick was going to be cut, then I thought for sure he would lose the competition and be cut. He's proven me wrong, and I'll be happy if he does it again and stays healthy and wins 9-10 games.

I'm not saying we're SB contenders, I just hope that fans can actually be excited even if their expectations are tempered. The "fire this guy", "they dont know what they're doing", "I hope we lose so I can tell everyone I was right", "lets do bad for a better draft pick", and "yay my team sucked, i was right in my predictions" #### needs to have left when Andy left. New start, new regime, our coach has picked his qb and picked undoubtably the best one to lead this team, so let's try to get on board.
They're not contending for anything unless the DBs improve regardless who's under center. I came into this preseason fully expecting a 6-10, 7-9 season and can't wait for it to start. I certainly don't want them to lose to get a better draft pick. I want to see a team that's playing better in Nov/Dec then they are in Sept/Oct. I'm fine if they go 6-10 this year if they go 9-7 next year and even better in '15. That's what I want. I don't have the confidence in Vick to trust he's the one to lead us to a championship in '15 or '16. My fear is that he does just well enough to get a 3 year extension and become the coach killer he's been all throughout his career.

But make no mistake - I root for the jersey, not the player. That said, E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

People need to seriously settle down. All these people in this thread and on the radio that are saying Vick as the QB is going to stunt the growth of this team just stop. Seriously? Stunt the growth of a transition team?

Look, I was the first person to say Vick needed to go once the offseason began. It's probably in the beginning of this thread. But he was brought in to camp to raise the level of play for the position with who was available. Kelly did not have a QB available in the draft or Free Agency that was the guy he wanted. So he made due for at least a year with what he has. That in no way means that either Vick or Foles are anointed the starters for next year. It also doesn't mean that the year is wasted for having Vick or Foles in there. Was Reid's first year wasted because he threw Doug Pederson out there for 9 games? No. We don't have a Donovan McNabb on the roster that is being held back by a veteran placeholder.

We have a team looking to compete for a first year coach who is looking to be as good as he can in year 1. I personally see that as 6-10 and still do. That brings me to the next point. All the knuckleheads screaming playoffs just settle the #### down. Come on man. A 14-9 preseason win over the Panthers has got you thinking playoffs? In what universe? Last I checked we have a completely new coaching staff, are implementing a completely new offensive and defensive scheme, and have turned over about 90% of the defensive starters. In what way does that spell playoffs? Teams that do the worst to first turn around are teams that have a system in place and most of the roster remains intact and healthy for the turn around year. This team was 4-12 and a bad 4-12 last year. There's a lot of work to do. I just know the people shouting "playoffs" now will be the ones screaming "Fire Chip" when they start off 1-3.

Bottomline, it's preseason in year one of Chip Kelly. Settle in for the long haul because we got about 5 years before the Super Bowl wagon reaches prominence. And it's going to be a bumpy ride.

People need to seriously settle down. All these people in this thread and on the radio that are saying Vick as the QB is going to stunt the growth of this team just stop. Seriously? Stunt the growth of a transition team?

Look, I was the first person to say Vick needed to go once the offseason began. It's probably in the beginning of this thread. But he was brought in to camp to raise the level of play for the position with who was available. Kelly did not have a QB available in the draft or Free Agency that was the guy he wanted. So he made due for at least a year with what he has. That in no way means that either Vick or Foles are anointed the starters for next year. It also doesn't mean that the year is wasted for having Vick or Foles in there. Was Reid's first year wasted because he threw Doug Pederson out there for 9 games? No. We don't have a Donovan McNabb on the roster that is being held back by a veteran placeholder.

We have a team looking to compete for a first year coach who is looking to be as good as he can in year 1. I personally see that as 6-10 and still do. That brings me to the next point. All the knuckleheads screaming playoffs just settle the #### down. Come on man. A 14-9 preseason win over the Panthers has got you thinking playoffs? In what universe? Last I checked we have a completely new coaching staff, are implementing a completely new offensive and defensive scheme, and have turned over about 90% of the defensive starters. In what way does that spell playoffs? Teams that do the worst to first turn around are teams that have a system in place and most of the roster remains intact and healthy for the turn around year. This team was 4-12 and a bad 4-12 last year. There's a lot of work to do. I just know the people shouting "playoffs" now will be the ones screaming "Fire Chip" when they start off 1-3.

Bottomline, it's preseason in year one of Chip Kelly. Settle in for the long haul because we got about 5 years before the Super Bowl wagon reaches prominence. And it's going to be a bumpy ride.
:goodposting: I just hope Kelly sticks it out and finds his Jimmy Johnson.

That brings me to the next point. All the knuckleheads screaming playoffs just settle the #### down. Come on man. A 14-9 preseason win over the Panthers has got you thinking playoffs? In what universe? Last I checked we have a completely new coaching staff, are implementing a completely new offensive and defensive scheme, and have turned over about 90% of the defensive starters. In what way does that spell playoffs? Teams that do the worst to first turn around are teams that have a system in place and most of the roster remains intact and healthy for the turn around year. This team was 4-12 and a bad 4-12 last year. There's a lot of work to do. I just know the people shouting "playoffs" now will be the ones screaming "Fire Chip" when they start off 1-3.
There's nothing wrong with optimism. The NFC East is a train wreck, and anything could happen. Who wants to go into the season looking forward to 4 to 6 wins? I doubt anyone here is expecting playoffs, but there's no reason you can't hope for it.

That brings me to the next point. All the knuckleheads screaming playoffs just settle the #### down. Come on man. A 14-9 preseason win over the Panthers has got you thinking playoffs? In what universe? Last I checked we have a completely new coaching staff, are implementing a completely new offensive and defensive scheme, and have turned over about 90% of the defensive starters. In what way does that spell playoffs? Teams that do the worst to first turn around are teams that have a system in place and most of the roster remains intact and healthy for the turn around year. This team was 4-12 and a bad 4-12 last year. There's a lot of work to do. I just know the people shouting "playoffs" now will be the ones screaming "Fire Chip" when they start off 1-3.
There's nothing wrong with optimism. The NFC East is a train wreck, and anything could happen. Who wants to go into the season looking forward to 4 to 6 wins? I doubt anyone here is expecting playoffs, but there's no reason you can't hope for it.
There's a difference between hope and faith. The way these people are talking, they fully believe playoffs are coming.

And the NFC East is far from a train wreck. Redskins just won this division, have everyone on defense coming back, have Alfred Morris, potentially have RG3 ready by week 1. Why would they not be at least a 9 to 10 win team? Giants have Eli and Coughlin. Cowboys for all their faults have enough talent to get to at least 8 or 9 wins.

People need to be realistic. You look forward to the progress this team will hopefully make. You look forward to seeing the offense come together and the vision of Chip Kelly's coming to fruition. It's not looking forward to 6 wins. It's recognizing that to build lasting success, there will be bumps in the road. Andy was 5-11 his first year. That turned out ok for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

:goodposting: Great post. I don't understand at all the mindset of those posting that starting Vick sets the team back from a Super Bowl in any way, shape or form.

Right move and I'm excited to see what Vick can do with the new system and a (hopefully) more stable pocket. Defence has a long way to go.

unckeyherb said:
ShaHBucks said:
Deamon said:
Amused to Death said:
dhockster said:
Looking at the schedule a slow start is likely. WAS, SD, KC, DEN, NYG, TB, DAL, NYG are the first 8 games, and you have to face RG3 and Rodgers before the week 12 bye. Vick can't keep the job with a 3-5 or worse start. He has no room to pull his usual bs if he wants to get paid. We will be here typing away until we get carpal tunnel for the team to move on with Nick Foles(or Barkley but he sucks). Vick has to play on another level not to hand the job back to Foles in 2014 at minimum. A contract extention now is asinine basing it off of 30 preseason snaps and not years of poor play. He will be great for FF for his running though.
This year, I think that is an incorrect statement. especially if Vick is playing well, the offense is clicking, and the Eagles are losing because their defense can't stop anybody. Vick will lose the starting job if he is playing poorly or if he is hurt. Record will be a secondary consideration.
Which is why starting him makes no sense to me. IMO, QB evaluation >>>2013 record.
We all get your stance on this already. But Kelly is obviously starting Vick for many reasons.

1. You don't just purposely tank your team in order to get a better draft spot. With such parody in the league, you never know what can happen and you have to field your best team possible each year. Do I think we have a shot at the SB? No, probably not, but I wouldn't ever suggest using a season to try out some players rather then try to win. Chips a competative guy, its not in his nature to not try to win every game, and Vick gives us the best chance to win right now.

2. Chip is a new coach in the league, and as such, you don't exactly want to mess around with your first season being a total failure. Yes, he knows its a rebuild year in a sense, but imagine if we go 3-13 with Foles, everyone will be screaming about how Kellys game doesn't transition into the NFL, and how he's spurrier 2.0. However, if he plays vick and gets us say 8 wins, that's a nice improvement and step in the right direction and it will look good on Kelly.

3. Who is to REALLY say that Foles has more of a shot to be the qb of the future then vick does? Vick still isn't old, and despite his inconsistency and injury concerns, there IS still a CHANCE that he lights it up this year, gets an extension, and is our qb going forward. Vick can be developed in this system too, and Kelly obviously thinks that's a possibility. We are all quick to say vick is 100% not our future, so maybe he IS using the season for QB evaluation like you want, just not with the QB you want. Foles has had plenty of time this offseason to be evaluated, and show he can be the future of this team and he failed to do so as much as Vick did.

At the end of the day, we all wanted Vick to not be handed the job and have to win it. And he did that, and by a wide margin. If it was close I could see your dilemma, but Vick won it outright, and having a competative successful season is a GOOD thing for a rebuilding team.... and can often create better things for their future then losing a ton of games and getting a better draft pick. You don't really see a clearly superior qb being benched in the nfl until your team is out of the playoffs, and you're suggesting we do this with an 0-0 record. The one time I can think of this happening was the Flutie/Johnson thing and that didn't work out too well for them.
*sigh* The only 30 year old with a excuse to be a development at this point of their career is Weeden and even he is a mistake. Starting VIck says we are in position to win now. Just judging where the franchise has went since Vick took over, he has been a waste of time and a huge mistake. There is nothing worse than being stuck with a mediocre QB and not noticing. I'd rather move on with the rebuild.
No it doesn't-not at all.. I've made my point in this thread a few times, but the simple answer is that Vick is not 39 years old. Chip Kelly obviously believes that Vick is the best QB on the roster. I agree. He also believes that while this may be a rebuilding year that perhaps the pieces aren't as far off as you think they are. Just because you think Vick under center has been a waste doesn't make it so.I think we can eliminate last year as every facet of the team was terrible.

2011 Vick was an average QB, amassing 4000 YFS/19TDs/18 turnovers while missing 3 games to injury. Birds record: 8-8.

2010 Vick was a runner to MVP of the League. playing in 13 games amassing 3700 YFS/30 TDs/9 turnovers. Birds record: 10-6 division champs; lost to eventual Super Bowl Champs.

Last year sucked, but to say 2010 was a waste is ridiculous. I don't think they'll do much this year, but it sure as hell won't be because of Mike Vick of this offense. If they (offense led by Vick) are capable of scoring like it seems they can, you'll almost certainly have to bang your head into the wall for another year or two as Vick will be resigned.
I'm going to go on a tangent but bare with me a bit. We are married to Chip Kelly and his system. If Mike Vick and Andrew Luck had a competition on running this offense Vick would have won due to his skills/experience. Who would you rather have in the NFL in terms of wins and losses or building a championship contender in the near future? My guess is you would rather let Luck get raped vs the Bears week 1 only for him to stop playing like a rookie by years end. I use Luck as an example because he is a crowd favorite as a young promising pocket passer. Right under your nose there is a young promising pocket passer who after his 1st starts stopped performing like a typical rookie. His last 4 games he completed 61.4% of his passes, threw 1.25 TDs/ .5 INTs, 289.25 ypg, 85.9 avg passing rating, and rushed for a TD that took a hour to awkwardly score. He did this as a rookie under the worse possible team situations you can think of: lameduck coach, backup O-Line, backup skill positions, and a defense that made every QB look like Moreno/Elway/Manning/Brady combined. There is nothing more you can possibly ask of Foles performance as a rookie. Vick played under better circumstances to start last season, so I'm not willing to throw 2012 out like you. I actually think it was all his fault. I've said before that Foles has to over prove himself like Russell Wilson did to get any respect socially because of the late round draft stigma. Remember how many people were calling for Matt Flynn when Wilson begin his career? It looks like Foles is continuing to progress even in a offense that doesn't fit his skill set. Most 2nd year QBs do better than they did as a rookie. Most 24 year olds keep getting better with experience. It's encouraging to know that regardless of surrounding talent, coaching, schems ect.. that Nick Foles can perform at a high level. Too bad the coach/organization doesn't agree. Chip is another coach who thinks his system can "fix" Mike Vick. There is 12 seasons worth of data that says trying to reinvent the wheel isn't a bright idea for your coaching career. After Vick got paid he played like he didn't love the game. I'm not at all shocked that he came out and said that he loves the game again. He was less prepared for defenses, was a mess as a passer and wasn't willing to sacrifice his body like he did when he needed the money. He realized after OTA's that his livelihood was in jeopardy and started playing better than Foles. Look it up for yourself how this played out. Mike Vick is the same guy. Most players perform consistently though the years. Logically he isn't a guy I'd depend on long-term for those reason. Chip Kelly is going with what got him here and I don't blame him. Even if Vick fails he can still scrap plan A and turn to Nick Foles. I think a 2-4 or 3-5 like start is probable because RG3, Alex Smith/Ried, Peyton, Eli and Rodgers have shown they can win this this league. I'd love to hear from any Philly fans that will still defend the longterm Chip + Vick concept after the honeymoon is over.

I defended bringing back Vick numerous times in this forum and my thoughts on the talent the Eagles have is documented as well. I'm not sure if you're making a general statement or actually talking directly to me. He has two QBs playing at a high level this preseason. He went with the seasoned vet that fits his system best, so yea I assume he feels like this was the best decision in terms of wins because neither guy blew it. By winning now I mean in a 1-2 year window you have a playoff team. That's usually what happens when you find a decent QB in this league. Then once you make the playoffs anything can happen. Vick + longterm means at 36+ he puts you in position to make the playoffs consistently then. I'll side with that being a waste of time util after week 1 at the earliest, not 30ish preseason snaps.

Really think the Birds need to trade Graham now. He showed a lot of promise last year and every team is looking for a pass rusher. Does not appear to be a fit in the new scheme and will be worthless if he has an unproductive year,

unckeyherb said:
ShaHBucks said:
Deamon said:
Amused to Death said:
dhockster said:

No it doesn't-not at all.. I've made my point in this thread a few times, but the simple answer is that Vick is not 39 years old. Chip Kelly obviously believes that Vick is the best QB on the roster. I agree. He also believes that while this may be a rebuilding year that perhaps the pieces aren't as far off as you think they are. Just because you think Vick under center has been a waste doesn't make it so.I think we can eliminate last year as every facet of the team was terrible.

I'm going to go on a tangent but bare with me a bit. We are married to Chip Kelly and his system. If Mike Vick and Andrew Luck had a competition on running this offense Vick would have won due to his skills/experience.
Stopped right here. Hyperbole nearly choked me to death.

Really think the Birds need to trade Graham now. He showed a lot of promise last year and every team is looking for a pass rusher. Does not appear to be a fit in the new scheme and will be worthless if he has an unproductive year,
They would probably wait till after first cuts to do so.

unckeyherb said:
ShaHBucks said:
Deamon said:
Amused to Death said:
dhockster said:

I'm going to go on a tangent but bare with me a bit. We are married to Chip Kelly and his system. If Mike Vick and Andrew Luck had a competition on running this offense Vick would have won due to his skills/experience.
So the faster guy with the 100+ passer rating wouldn't look better. Ok.

They would probably wait till after first cuts to do so.
Pro Football Focus is really high on Graham for logical reasons. I think that would be a mistake. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/17/refo-car-phi-preseason-wk-2/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/13/pass-rusher-profile-carlos-dunlap-and-brandon-graham/

unckeyherb said:
ShaHBucks said:
Deamon said:
Amused to Death said:
dhockster said:

Just the premise that the #1 overall pick of 2012 would have lost out in a competition to Vick and your continued comparison of Foles to Luck.

:goodposting: Thank you, finally someone with some sense. I'm glad there's still some fans out there who won't be screaming to fire Chip or bench Vick if we have a poor first 2 games. Andy may not have given us much faith, but let's put some faith in Chip, and let him BUILD this team.... and Vick will help build this team better then Foles in Chip's eyes. As much as building takes time, Chip's job is to win games this yaer, and I'm pretty sure that's his goal.

unckeyherb said:
ShaHBucks said:
Deamon said:
Amused to Death said:
dhockster said:

There's more to the competition then passer rating. The passer rating definitely counts, but I'm pretty sure a coach observing both players and their decision making, leadership, accuracy, etc would pick Luck. Speed of a qb isn't necessarily needed so I don't think that was the factor. A non vick-type athleticism qb can do just fine in Kelly's offense, but Foles didn't have the other aspects Chip liked either. Luck is also more mobile of a qb then Foles anyways. Pretty obvious it would go Luck - Vick - Foles in that 3 way competition.

:goodposting: Thank you, finally someone with some sense. I'm glad there's still some fans out there who won't be screaming to fire Chip or bench Vick if we have a poor first 2 games. Andy may not have given us much faith, but let's put some faith in Chip, and let him BUILD this team.... and Vick will help build this team better then Foles in Chip's eyes. As much as building takes time, Chip's job is to win games this yaer, and I'm pretty sure that's his goal.
Just to clarify a few things.... I hope you're not referring to me regarding yelling for Chip's head. I'm all over this board saying I'm fine with a 2-year (or so) rebuild. I expect it. I won't be calling for anyone's head this year. That's exactly why I don't see the logic in winning a couple of extra games. I want a solid team long-term, not instant gratification. Build around young talent. Most of us on this board were counting the days till Andy and Vick were gone so we could do a rebuild. Now there's a real chance we get another few years of Vick. If he's one-and-done, hey, that's fine. But I don't want to hear rumors of a 3-year extension in the works sometime around October.

Look, this seems to have gotten way out of control...We're all Eagles' fans. We want a strong team. A perrenial contender. We just have different views on what we'd like to see going forward. Bottom line, I'm bleedin' green like everyone else. Just disappointed we have the coach-killer back for at least another year.

Just to clarify a few things.... I hope you're not referring to me regarding yelling for Chip's head. I'm all over this board saying I'm fine with a 2-year (or so) rebuild. I expect it. I won't be calling for anyone's head this year. That's exactly why I don't see the logic in winning a couple of extra games. I want a solid team long-term, not instant gratification. Build around young talent. Most of us on this board were counting the days till Andy and Vick were gone so we could do a rebuild. Now there's a real chance we get another few years of Vick. If he's one-and-done, hey, that's fine. But I don't want to hear rumors of a 3-year extension in the works sometime around October.

Look, this seems to have gotten way out of control...We're all Eagles' fans. We want a strong team. A perrenial contender. We just have different views on what we'd like to see going forward. Bottom line, I'm bleedin' green like everyone else. Just disappointed we have the coach-killer back for at least another year.
I understand your fears but I don't see them as being as drastic as you perceive. Howie is not Ruben. He can see the bigger picture with Chip. Chip is no Andy. Chip seems to be able to evaluate on a football level. So if we can see what Vick truly is, so can Chip. He's not getting fooled. He merely chose the best of what he had available. The mere fact he had to do a competition showed that he's not sold on either Vick or Foles. So this is just about this season. He had a competition, Vick won it, now we play it out. I would be absolutely blown away if Vick was signed long term barring the Eagles starting 10-0 this year where Vick is an MVP candidate.

I just meant that there are a LOT of people who will be yelling for his head like they did Andy's (On these boards its not bad, but sites like CSN its crazy). Not saying you have called for him to be fired, but he's made his first pretty major decision and you're already saying he's making an awful call, and think he's dumb for doing it. Again, I think the play on the field should determine how many years Vick is left here. Chip has shown he has no loyalties/favourites, etc, so I think we can probably both agree that if Vick doesn't deserve or earn another year and show he can be a winning qb with this team in the future, he is DONE. I think this team did enough of that water treading before and have learned their lesson in that.

I personally DO want to hear about an extension because that would mean one thing and one thing only... that the FO and Chip really do see Vick as the possible future of this team. Even if he has a 10% chance at that now, hearing about an extension would be a good thing for the team. Playing "just good enough" to stick around isn't gonna cut it with this new organization and coach in my opinion, so let's cheer for the best with Vick and if you're right and he fails, well then it's not a step backwards for us, because Foles playing those extra 6 games isn't going to suddenly turn him into the future. I don't think our qb of the future is on this roster right now.

Chip is working with what he's got now, so let's us as fans cheer for what we've got now. I agree with you we all want whats best for the team, I just think a good way to rebuild a team is to still try to win, instil a winning culture, do the absolute best you can that year and see what tweeking you need the next year. A year with Foles could mean less wins, frustration in the organization, a feeling like we don't have any of the right pieces, etc, so I just want to see how this season goes and cheer for the success of all our players equally. Stoked for the season guys, we're only 20 days away until we kick off vs the skins

Just the premise that the #1 overall pick of 2012 would have lost out in a competition to Vick and your continued comparison of Foles to Luck.
Vick was a #1 pick, so what? Wilson and RG3 performed better than Luck, so what? You're debating against production not me. I already know you will dismiss the numbers because it's Nick Foles. I also know you can't prove otherwise if you know how to properly evaluate them individually/statistically. All I said was Foles was historically great for a rookie QB, he's a young promising pocket passer, but he doesn't have the coaches/organization backing him like someone like Luck. Here's how Foles actually stacks up with former #1 picks as a rookie since thats such a compelling argument. You've dismiss this article as creative stats. You can't change my opinion and I sure I can't prove to you what's possible for Foles. He's a backup QB to you, there's no point in trying. You have more faith in Matt Barkley. I'm posting it for everyone else really. http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2013/06/yes-nick-foles-had-a-good-rookie-season.html

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?By-the-numbers-Foles-historic-rookie-ran=1&blockID=817023&feedID=704

Vick was a #1 pick, so what? Wilson and RG3 performed better than Luck, so what? You're debating against production not me. I already know you will dismiss the numbers because it's Nick Foles. I also know you can't prove otherwise if you know how to properly evaluate them individually/statistically. All I said was Foles was historically great for a rookie QB, he's a young promising pocket passer, but he doesn't have the coaches/organization backing him like someone like Luck.Here's how Foles actually stacks up with former #1 picks as a rookie since thats such a compelling argument. You've dismiss this article as creative stats. You can't change my opinion and I sure I can't prove to you what's possible for Foles. He's a backup QB to you, there's no point in trying. You have more faith in Matt Barkley. I'm posting it for everyone else really. http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2013/06/yes-nick-foles-had-a-good-rookie-season.html

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?By-the-numbers-Foles-historic-rookie-ran=1&blockID=817023&feedID=704
Never said I had more faith in Barkley. Said it was likely Chip would like to see what he had in Barkley before the year was over.

As for Foles, he is a backup right now. He had a legitimate chance to win the job this summer. He failed. Luck is not a backup. He's starting for his team and they won 11 games last year with him at the helm. RG3 maybe outplayed Luck and Wilson had some good games late but he at best played as well as Luck. Wilson also won his camp battle against a QB brought in to be the starter. Something again Foles did not do.

I was rooting for Nick. I said Vick should be gone and Foles should start this whole year to see what we have. It's on record. You can go see it. At this point though, he's a backup and any comparison of him and Luck just makes you look that much more desperate. He may get his chance (with Vick as the starter he most likely will) he may not but Foles is what he is right now. A backup QB.

Vick was a #1 pick, so what? Wilson and RG3 performed better than Luck, so what? You're debating against production not me. I already know you will dismiss the numbers because it's Nick Foles. I also know you can't prove otherwise if you know how to properly evaluate them individually/statistically. All I said was Foles was historically great for a rookie QB, he's a young promising pocket passer, but he doesn't have the coaches/organization backing him like someone like Luck.Here's how Foles actually stacks up with former #1 picks as a rookie since thats such a compelling argument. You've dismiss this article as creative stats. You can't change my opinion and I sure I can't prove to you what's possible for Foles. He's a backup QB to you, there's no point in trying. You have more faith in Matt Barkley. I'm posting it for everyone else really. http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2013/06/yes-nick-foles-had-a-good-rookie-season.htmlhttp://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?By-the-numbers-Foles-historic-rookie-ran=1&blockID=817023&feedID=704
Never said I had more faith in Barkley. Said it was likely Chip would like to see what he had in Barkley before the year was over.

As for Foles, he is a backup right now. He had a legitimate chance to win the job this summer. He failed. Luck is not a backup. He's starting for his team and they won 11 games last year with him at the helm. RG3 maybe outplayed Luck and Wilson had some good games late but he at best played as well as Luck. Wilson also won his camp battle against a QB brought in to be the starter. Something again Foles did not do.

I was rooting for Nick. I said Vick should be gone and Foles should start this whole year to see what we have. It's on record. You can go see it. At this point though, he's a backup and any comparison of him and Luck just makes you look that much more desperate. He may get his chance (with Vick as the starter he most likely will) he may not but Foles is what he is right now. A backup QB.
I don't agree with that at all. Again, it's you vs production. Just because Foles is a backup that doesn't make anyone desperate for continuing to evaluate in his talent. Thanks for the groundbreaking analysis. I'm pretty sure you said if Chip is serious than Foles is a backup maybe. You don't think he is a bust and want to see what he can do as well. You said if it was close you'd go with the younger guy. You said you want to see what Barkley has. You said Vick is a stop gap that can earn a contract with a mvp season. You said a top 10 Qb in 2014 is the answer. (Maybe you didn't say all of this, I'm not sure) You could never be wrong playing every side of the argument. I'm a little more "either you got it or you don't" until proven otherwise after I've done my homework.

Until Vick proves he is more than a mediocre passer and a unreal athlete I'll continue to take a definitive stance on who I'd rather have starting at QB. Even if I'm wrong I'll still be shocked that the marketplace for 33 year-old oft-injured, oft-troubled, oft-disappointing, oft-ineffective QBs actually exist unless you're a desperate team looking for a 1-year play or a delisional GM/Coach thinking you can "fix" Mike Vick. I'll stand by that, especially if we are a losing team this season and next like you're predicting.

I defended taking a look at the possibilities of seeing him play in this offense after Vick restructured because you still have the options to trade/cut him. It's was all in our favor and it was brilliant business wise. I just don't think you turn into RG3/Kaep/Wilson in 3 months. It's a long shot that he will be a good decision maker on or off the field. Time will only tell... I'm reserving my judgment until after week 1 at least.

Sorry if this was covered, you locals have any thoughts on MCcoy, how he will be used and worked, carry distribution and if he should be drafted ahead of , charles-spiller-martin in RD 1. A few words would be appreciated

TIA

Sorry if this was covered, you locals have any thoughts on MCcoy, how he will be used and worked, carry distribution and if he should be drafted ahead of , charles-spiller-martin in RD 1. A few words would be appreciated

TIA
I'm not a homer when it comes to fantasy, in fact I rarely have Eagles on my team. The last Eagle I had was Westbrook in a PPR the year he had 90 catches. Saying that, I LOVE Shady this year and I'm hoping to draft him. Would only take AP at RB over him in my draft (no ppr).

Say the Eagles run 70-80 plays a game, McCoy is going to touch the ball at least 20-25 times a game. I think he finished with 1700-1900 combined yards with 18-20 tds. I'm buying.

I understand your fears but I don't see them as being as drastic as you perceive. Howie is not Ruben. He can see the bigger picture with Chip. Chip is no Andy. Chip seems to be able to evaluate on a football level. So if we can see what Vick truly is, so can Chip. He's not getting fooled. He merely chose the best of what he had available. The mere fact he had to do a competition showed that he's not sold on either Vick or Foles. So this is just about this season. He had a competition, Vick won it, now we play it out. I would be absolutely blown away if Vick was signed long term barring the Eagles starting 10-0 this year where Vick is an MVP candidate.
This is what's getting over looked in a big way IMO. It may have been Foles he wanted to start but he said it would be an open competition. With that being said he HAD to start the best man just for his own credibility. Had he not, he would be back in college in 2 years.

FWIW, I didnt take anyones comments here as overboard or calling for anyones head either...I think that stuff is getting WAYYYYYY overblown in here.

Set $10 on fire by putting it on the Eagles to win the NFC at 38-1.

:popcorn:

Goal is IF they can make the playoffs start hedging out to lock in something as I don't see this squad actually WINNING the NFC.

TIA
I'm not a homer when it comes to fantasy, in fact I rarely have Eagles on my team. The last Eagle I had was Westbrook in a PPR the year he had 90 catches. Saying that, I LOVE Shady this year and I'm hoping to draft him. Would only take AP at RB over him in my draft (no ppr).

Say the Eagles run 70-80 plays a game, McCoy is going to touch the ball at least 20-25 times a game. I think he finished with 1700-1900 combined yards with 18-20 tds. I'm buying.
Yeah, that is gonna be RB 1 and would be amazing. I think your in the right ballpark but a little concerned none the less. 15 tds would be amazing

@Jeff_McLane: Asked Davis what Brandon Boykin needed to do to supplant Bradley Fletcher outside. Sounds like he's committed to keep Boykin in slot.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Davis said Vinny curry "absolutely" in the mix to start opposite Cox at DE. Even though curry didn't get till second half vs Carolina.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Davis said Boykin still being evaluated as outside and slot corner.

@GeoffMosherCSN: If Sopoaga were to get hurt, Davis mentioned Geathers, Logan and Square as replacements at nose. Didn't mention A. Dixon but may have ac ...

@Tim_McManus: Billy Davis describes Bradley Fletcher as steady, consistent. Pretty clear he wants Boykin inside, Fletcher outside.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Main point Davis is making: not ready to commit right now to any starters, game v Jville will be big for starting evaluations.

@EliotShorrParks: Billy Davis said that the safties will rotate against Jacksonville. Said everyone is still competing for the starting jobs. #Eagles

@EliotShorrParks: Davis said that noticed how much more comfortable Graham/Cole look dropping back. "We majored in moving backwards this summer" #Eagles

@EliotShorrParks: Kenny Phillips doesn't have his helmet- looks like he's a no go today. Davis just said he can still make team w/o practicing #Eagles

@GeoffMosherCSN: Bad sign for Kenny overall. I wouldn't pencil him into your projected 53-man roster.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Hard to tell by warmups who is gonna replace Herremans in practice, but looks like it might be Barbre, not Watkins.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip says starters will get at least 2Q. Will decide at halftime if guys need more snaps.

@GeoffMosherCSN: CK: "Desean's had a fantastic camp. He's been out there every single day. He's another guy that's bought in."

@NickFierro: Tra Thomas' addition to #Eagles staff brings total number of coaches to 25 (including 3 strength coaches and sports science coordinator).

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip on Tra Thomas: "tra was outstanding (as an intern). Experience he brings..he can relate to the offensive line."

@GeoffMosherCSN: Says tra watches a ton of tape. "I think he's gotta bright future in coaching."

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said players will be off Monday during regular season and practice Tuesday-Saturday.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Thats for Sunday games, obviously. Will be different for Monday/Thursday games.

Please read this:

@SheilKapadia: No-22: Chip Kelly, Eagles add new-school triple option to their repertoire. http://t.co/eV2AxDQXHY
Thanks for sharing the link.

Good post in the comments on that page:

Interesting that the DEs crashed the RB just about every time with Foles in the game and did the opposite with Vick in there. It shows how much they still respect Vick's legs. I'm guessing Chip saw that on film and that was one of the factors in his decision to go with Vick as the starter. It's not that Vick will rack up tons of yards running the ball, but his presence will open things up so much more for McCoy, Brown and Polk.

Please read this:

@SheilKapadia: No-22: Chip Kelly, Eagles add new-school triple option to their repertoire. http://t.co/eV2AxDQXHY
Thanks for sharing the link.Good post in the comments on that page:

Interesting that the DEs crashed the RB just about every time with Foles in the game and did the opposite with Vick in there. It shows how much they still respect Vick's legs. I'm guessing Chip saw that on film and that was one of the factors in his decision to go with Vick as the starter. It's not that Vick will rack up tons of yards running the ball, but his presence will open things up so much more for McCoy, Brown and Polk.
I saw that in the comment section as well. In the past I have not been a fan of the "athletic" QB but after reading a couple of these from Sheil I may have to get on board. I know its early but after reading that its scary to think what a young McNabb or Vick could have been in something like this IMO. Hell, even Foles was getting 6 YPC on his runs!

@Jeff_McLane: Pending physicals, the #Eagles have acquired Steelers LB Adrian Robinson for RB Felix Jones, source said. @caplannfl first reported.

@ZBerm: Robinson went to Temple. He's a rush linebacker. Eagles have little depth at that spot beyond top 3. Jones was unlikely to make the team.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/dont-sleep-on-steelers-second-year-lb-adrian-robinson/

This seems like an honest evaluation with some hopefulness from Pittsburgh writers earlier this year (May).

Back on March 4th, Dave Bryan wrote this about second year outside linebacker, Adrian Robinson: “When you watched rookie Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker Adrian Robinson play last preseason you could see a good deal of expected flaws, but you could also see a young player that could get after the quarterback.” Many Steelers fans that watched those preseason games from 2012 understand what Bryan is describing, as Robinson was quick off of the edge and flashed a promising ability to get after the quarterback. Although when the preseason concluded, he did not record any sacks and just tallied two tackles, his explosion was evident, and recalling his potential is a cause for optimism heading into a new season.

As an undrafted free agent out of Temple, Robinson finished his career with 23 sacks and 33 tackles for loss. If he can make these kinds of contributions to the Steelers in the next couple of seasons, Robinson will prove to be a steal.

The Steelers are heading into the 2013 season with Jason Worilds and LaMarr Woodley penciled in as the starters, with Jarvis Jones expected to push Worilds. Outside of those three players, there isn’t much depth except for Chris Carter who has not had much of an impact, despite getting an opportunity as a starter last season.

If ever there were an opportunity for Robinson to work his way into a backup/situational player role on the Steelers defense, 2013 could be it.

Last season, linebackers coach Keith Butler said about Robinson, “He really worked hard trying to learn the defense and cut down on his mistakes. In my mind, he had a big desire to improve his game and learn the position.” Butler also went on to say that Robinson “gave people problems that were a little bigger than him. He had a good spin move on the inside.” As critical and as demanding as Butler is on his linebackers, this was solid praise for an undrafted rookie, and if Robinson can build on his performance last season, he can upgrade an outside linebacker position that has been pedestrian over the last two seasons.

Robinson’s greatest challenge this training camp is to shed the moniker that Mike Tomlin gave him, a “one-trick pony.” Tomlin’s criticism of Robinson last season came during the broadcast of the Steelers/Colts preseason game, in which Tomlin said that Robinson can get after the passer, but cannot play special teams or drop into coverage. Whether or not Tomlin’s commentary motivated Robinson won’t be seen until training camp, but the fact that he stayed on the roster the entire 2012 season does speak volumes.

While nobody is expecting him to be a starter on the Steelers defense, nobody expected the undrafted James Harrison to develop into the defensive player of the year either. And while Robinson is no Harrison, and may never be, he seems to have the potential to provide the Steelers with some quality depth at outside linebacker as a situational pass rusher.

Off topic, but I'm considering buying season tickets for an investment. What's the face value of most lower level seats? In the 100's. I see what they get sold for online, but I'm not sure what the face value is for them.

I saw Russell Shepard turning heads and in line to start opposite DJax to a week later him not even making the roster. What happened?

I saw Russell Shepard turning heads and in line to start opposite DJax to a week later him not even making the roster. What happened?
You have to catch passes in the games not practice. Not to mention that was a lot of camp hype. Probably a practice squad guy for this year.

Users who are viewing this thread