What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 PDSL 3 Comment Thread (2 Viewers)

I knew most would dislike my Nicks pick. The guy is always hurt but I really feel like he has top five potential.
I would have taken him or VJax at 4.02 if either had fallen that far. But I had Tony G as the best TE available, by far.
Tony G was my target at 4.03. Went high risk with Lacy.

Team now is Aaron Rodgers, Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Eddie Lacy.

Eddie Lacy at 4.03? :jawdrop:

I was just assuming he'd still be available at the 5.16/6.01 turn and wondering whether to take him there.

I was just assuming he'd still be available at the 5.16/6.01 turn and wondering whether to take him there.
Call me crazy. No RB yet and I liked him better than what's left. Who should I have taken? Vick Ballard? Bradshaw? L. Miller? Felt like he had the highest upside. I don't pick again until #78. Did what I thought was best.

Call me crazy. No RB yet and I liked him better than what's left. Who should I have taken? Vick Ballard? Bradshaw? L. Miller? Felt like he had the highest upside. I don't pick again until #78. Did what I thought was best.
I'll keep my opinions on Ballard to myself other than to say I wouldn't draft him at 4.03 if you paid me. Miller's a 4th-round pick with one career start whom I doubt will be the starter come September. And Bradshaw doesn't even have a team yet.

So, yeah, the pickins are awfully slim at RB at this point, no argument here. I just wonder whether getting the "highest upside" was worth a 4th-rounder, especially when you consider he's likely to go late-1st round to a team that's in no hurry to hand the reins to a rookie.

More to the point, I look at both our teams and find it hard not to conclude that going QB in the 1st round might have been a mistake. :doh:

Yeah but it is what it is. I figured 6 pts per passing TD would be at a premium. Wanted Rodgers. I think Lacy is a day one starter. Very high on him. I could easily see him drafted by a team like the Bengals to replace Law Firm or Green Bay to replace... well... everybody. If I had thought he would have made it to the tail end of the 5th I'd have waited and taken Crabtree there instead. As it stands though...

1.15 CJ Spiller

2.02 Alf Morris

3.15 Tony Gonzalez

4.02 Robert Griffin III

No WRs yet; will have to take a shotgun approach. If RG3 plays 13 games, he'll be great value at 4.02. Same for Tony G.

4.07 Jonathan Stewart

I cannot get a read on his value. Is he undervalued or had you better get what you can get for the guy right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
4.07 Jonathan Stewart

I cannot get a read on his value. Is he undervalued or had you better get what you can get for the guy right now?
I'm not sure what his value is, but I liked him as the 55th overall pick and my RB2 (I'd be happy with him as my RB2 in a 12-team league, to be honest). I figured he'd be there, so he was actually the only guy in my predraft list. I didn't think he'd make it back to 5.10 and I just can't fathom them keeping DeAngelo around with his contract being over $8 million this season. I suspect they are stubbornly hoping to find a trading partner for him, but will eventually end up cutting him. They might bring him back at a lower cost, though. I guess time will tell. It was a gamble but the next to guys to go were Lamar Miller and Mendenhall. Miller is interesting, but seems high risk to me and I'm not sure how high the reward would be. Mendenhall is done. And now he's go no o-line.

To help you discern value, it might be worth noting he went 4.13 in PDSL1.

4.07 Jonathan Stewart

I just can't fathom them keeping DeAngelo around with his contract being over $8 million this season. I suspect they are stubbornly hoping to find a trading partner for him, but will eventually end up cutting him. They might bring him back at a lower cost, though. I guess time will tell.
I believed this earlier in the offseason, but all signs seem to point to them keeping DeAngelo for one more year.

4.07 Jonathan Stewart

I just can't fathom them keeping DeAngelo around with his contract being over $8 million this season. I suspect they are stubbornly hoping to find a trading partner for him, but will eventually end up cutting him. They might bring him back at a lower cost, though. I guess time will tell.
I believed this earlier in the offseason, but all signs seem to point to them keeping DeAngelo for one more year.
Maybe that's why he's so cheap for now! I guess we'll see, but I'd rather draft a known talent over a guy like Miller or a lesser talent like Ballard. Carolina was shifting towards giving Stewart more carries towards the end of last year anyway, so maybe they continue that into 2013...

Liking my start, despite having put less than 10 minutes total effort in.

A Foster

V. Cruz

P. Harvin

Stafford

V. Davis

1.03 Ray Rice

2.14 David Wilson

3.03 Roddy White

4.14 Mike Wallace

5.03 Justin Blackmon

Behind the 8 ball on QB and TE. This draft has differed from my recent history - not feeling it much. I like Ray Rice and Roddy White, not a fan of the other 3 picks, but didn't like the board at these places. I anticipate much more positional balance instead of a RB minimalist strategy with 8-9 WRs.

DANG! I thought I was going to luck out and have Romo drop to me there.

Still, not doing too bad, especially with the bye weeks. I think Forte will excel in that offense and Rudolph will take the next big step forward.

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 11
Forte, Matt CHI RB - 6
Crabtree, Michael SFO WR - 9
Jones, Julio ATL WR - 7
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE - 11

1. Gronkowski

2. MJD

3. DMC

4. Garcon

5. Luck

Happy enough so far. Gronk was always going to be my target with the 1.07. I had planned on taking a WR in the 2nd or at least 3rd, but the RBs where coming off the board too quick that I had to adapt to it. MJD and DMC are two guys I wouldn't have picked at those spots in dynasty, but I like them both for this format.

edit..I may be in need of a stand in over this weekend. I've asked a couple of guys if they'd take over for me. But If I get no response, is there anyone else able to sub for me?

Amendola's injury bug history is what keeps me away.
Oh no doubt. That's why I didn't take him sooner. Think he went 4.06 in PDSL1. Willing to take a chance on him here.
I thought that with Lacy as your only RB I was home free with Amendola. Damn!
I'm just so underwhelmed by what's left at RB I'd rather take a shot on a high upside WR. Who's left? Bradshaw? Law Firm? Fred Jackson? Bah

1. Gronkowski2. MJD3. DMC4. Garcon5. Luck Happy enough so far. Gronk was always going to be my target with the 1.07. I had planned on taking a WR in the 2nd or at least 3rd, but the RBs where coming off the board too quick that I had to adapt to it. MJD and DMC are two guys I wouldn't have picked at those spots in dynasty, but I like them both for this format. edit..I may be in need of a stand in over this weekend. I've asked a couple of guys if they'd take over for me. But If I get no response, is there anyone else able to sub for me?
Larry asked if I could help out this weekend for him, if someone can let me know how I go about predrafting I can help out.When I'm up the best way to get me is via email which I can give to whoever needs it?

Larry asked if I could help out this weekend for him, if someone can let me know how I go about predrafting I can help out.When I'm up the best way to get me is via email which I can give to whoever needs it?
League site at top of thread. Franchise password is fbgpdsl3. You can also enter your email in franchise setup to get notifications.ETA: Thanks for stepping in!

Amendola's injury bug history is what keeps me away.
Oh no doubt. That's why I didn't take him sooner. Think he went 4.06 in PDSL1. Willing to take a chance on him here.
I thought that with Lacy as your only RB I was home free with Amendola. Damn!
I'm just so underwhelmed by what's left at RB I'd rather take a shot on a high upside WR. Who's left? Bradshaw? Law Firm? Fred Jackson? Bah
:thumbup: In fact I had two chances to take a 2nd RB here and still didn't bother.

I figure with Marshall and V-Jax already sewn up I can afford to swing for the fences with my WR3.

Also a :thumbup: to the fact that we've gotten through 18 picks in the last 4-plus hours.

Hopefully a sign that we're all on board with stepping the pace of this thing up a notch.

Well, I just traded him, DHB, and my 2014, 2nd round rookie pick for FJax, C Shorts, and Pead in another league. I know FJax time is about done but I will take his bench time for a year. JStew soap opera can continue on someone else's roster.

FF Ninja said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
FF Ninja said:
4.07 Jonathan Stewart

Maybe that's why he's so cheap for now! I guess we'll see, but I'd rather draft a known talent over a guy like Miller or a lesser talent like Ballard. Carolina was shifting towards giving Stewart more carries towards the end of last year anyway, so maybe they continue that into 2013...

Manning

Martin

Mendenhall

DeAngelo

Andre

Mike Wms

Gresham

I'm surprisingly happy with my team so far. Given that I'm arguably the world's worst redraft player that most likely means I'll take my beating in Week 1 this year instead of Week 3.

wow QBs are lasting a long time. The typical 7th round backup QB run hasn't taken off yet... would have gone QB-QB in 7/8 instead of 6/7 had I been able to anticipate this. Still happy with Ben/Freeman as a combo that should come close to matching the production of the teams that took Qbs in the first 3/4 rounds. There were a few WRs that I was loathe pass on in the 6th tho (Hilton for one)... Like the balance in my team so far and definitely think RB/RB in the first 3/4 rounds is the way to go this year. The depth at TE and QB is also pretty impressive, so going all RB/WR in first 5 rounds isn't crazy in this format.

Ben (6.9)

Freeman (7.8)

Lynch (1.8)

Murray (3.9)

Nelson (4.9)

TSmith (5.8)

Hernandez (2.9)

QB Wilson 5.04

RB Charles 1.04

RB Johnson 3.04

WR Colston 4.13

WR Hilton 6.13

WR Wright 7.04

TE Witten 2.13

Very happy with my team. I like getting Rbs early and feel like its a must in a 16 teamer. Some may think thats high for Charles but I have him as my 3rd highest RB. With improved QB play in KC, I see his receptions and TD chances going up. Johnson will never get back to CJ2K but with an improved Oline he can score like a RB1 again. Wilson at QB10 in the 5th round is just great value. With 2ppr for TEs, I really wanted to get one of the top 4. I was hoping for hernandez but Witten will put those double points to good use catching 100 passes. Now WR is my weakest position clearly. Colston always seems to be undervalued though and Hilton is a player I really wanted. Wright will hopefully build upon his rookie year, as he likely takes a starting role this season.

I'd like to hear from other owners if they agree or disagree with anything I said. Lets keep this thing going and see how the rest of the draft plays out.

Gotta get those RBs early fellas. I only got one and now am in a pickle.
Welcome to my world. The three players on my draft list were Vereen, Richardson, and A. Brown and they all went off the board in the 8 picks before mine.

I'm gonna have to stock up on late-round fliers and hope I strike gold at least once.

At least I've got a dependable 12-14 points per week coming out of my TE position given the scoring format.

Griffin 4.02

CJ Spiller 1.15

Alfred Morris 2.02

Andre Brown 7.02

James Jones 5.15

Josh Gordon 6.02

Denarius Moore 8.02

Tony Gonzalez 3.15

Waiting until the 5th for my first WR took away any flexibility. Almost got bailed out when Amendola fell; he's a WR1 in this league. Counting on my belief that WR production is inconsistent enough that 7 mediocre guys can put up 3 startable point totals in a given week.

07.10 QB17 Cutler02.07 WR06 Fitzgerald05.10 WR28 M. Austin06.07 WR35 S. Smith03.10 RB20 Mathews04.07 RB24 Stewart01.10 TE02 GrahamQuite pleased so far.-I am nearly certain my WRs will outproduce their ADPs.-Took some gambles at RB, but they were calculated gambles.-I really like Cutler in a new offense with a decent WR corps for once and maybe a better o-line.-Wanted Gronk but was going to be happy with either guy in a TE 2ppr league. Graham is gold at 1.10.

Predrafting is less popular than I'd have thought. Why is that?
sometimes depending on who is picked around you can make a difference on your pick or what direction you go....it is hard to plan for all scenerios when predrafting..... :shrug:

Predrafting is less popular than I'd have thought. Why is that?
if you are 100% locked in on a "position", it is easy to use predraft....but if it could be multiple positions depending on who is taken before you it can get a little more complicated....and then if you are like in the 14th spot and it is 13th pick...and you each have a DST, but 15 and 16 don't and there are only 5 left....if 13 goes with a DST then you know you may have to take one with your next pick to get one....but if he doesn't take a DST you know you can go another position with that first pick and still be sure you can get one on the way back...

Would have liked to go a different direction there with that Palmer pick, but I'm pretty sure the pickins' will be somewhere between 'slim' and 'none' come 10.12. Probably pretty lucky to get a solid QB2 in the 9th as it is.

Favorite teams through round 8:

Rudy:

QB Brady

RB T Richardson

RB Reggie Bush

WR Decker

WR Bowe

WR Desean Jackson

WR Michael Floyd

TE Cook

Likely the most balanced team so far. Great best-ball WRs, particularly Decker and DJax. Can go BPA for the next few rounds as long as he adds another TE.

#2 Atomic Punk:

QB Cam

RB Lamar Miller

RB Bradshaw

WR Calvin

WR Demaryius

WR Stevie Johnson

TE Finley

TE Allen

Obviously not as balanced, but can afford to go RB heavy in the mid-late rounds. Finley/Allen should put up respectable TE numbers. May only need to draft one more WR.

Favorite teams through round 8:Rudy:QB BradyRB T RichardsonRB Reggie BushWR DeckerWR BoweWR Desean JacksonWR Michael FloydTE CookLikely the most balanced team so far. Great best-ball WRs, particularly Decker and DJax. Can go BPA for the next few rounds as long as he adds another TE.
agree, very strong, will be a tough out if cook hits.

#2 Atomic Punk:QB CamRB Lamar MillerRB BradshawWR CalvinWR DemaryiusWR Stevie JohnsonTE FinleyTE AllenObviously not as balanced, but can afford to go RB heavy in the mid-late rounds. Finley/Allen should put up respectable TE numbers. May only need to draft one more WR.
great job with the TE combo and the WRs are impeccable, but tons of uncertainty at RB. Bradshaw likely isn't going to get signed until after draft, which could be terrible for his opportunity

#2 Atomic Punk:QB CamRB Lamar MillerRB BradshawWR CalvinWR DemaryiusWR Stevie JohnsonTE FinleyTE AllenObviously not as balanced, but can afford to go RB heavy in the mid-late rounds. Finley/Allen should put up respectable TE numbers. May only need to draft one more WR.
great job with the TE combo and the WRs are impeccable, but tons of uncertainty at RB. Bradshaw likely isn't going to get signed until after draft, which could be terrible for his opportunity
RB is so weak here I cant like this team. Ya WR is very strong but theres a good chance both RBs arent even startable.

RB is so weak here I cant like this team. Ya WR is very strong but theres a good chance both RBs arent even startable.
I predict they'll have 6 RBs before the draft is through, and you don't have to pick starters each week. Obviously, I took a polar opposite strategy -- no stud WRs, but studs at all other positions. But I think this could turn out well for A-Punk.

I predict they'll have 6 RBs before the draft is through, and you don't have to pick starters each week. Obviously, I took a polar opposite strategy -- no stud WRs, but studs at all other positions. But I think this could turn out well for A-Punk.

10.01 Knowshon Moreno
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Had this guy on my pre-draft "do not draft" list before we kicked off. Of course, left the list on my computer, then went on my iPhone to make my pick, pulled up the ADP list, and for some reason thought McGahee was the one who'd had the offseason surgery, not Moreno.

Welp, there's a waste of one perfectly good pick.

Users who are viewing this thread