What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Pre-Draft Bloom 100 (1 Viewer)

pyite76 said:
SHHHH on D. Hopkins! I was hoping he'd fall to me at #10!
as a near lock for the first round, I don't think he was going to fall that far in any event. If the Colts or Patriots take him, he could end up at #1 in the post-draft 100
I know... However I am in a 2 QB league, and he may just slip if he is the 3rd or 4th WR taken in the NFL draft. Here's to hoping that happens... A guy can dream.

pyite76 said:
SHHHH on D. Hopkins! I was hoping he'd fall to me at #10!
as a near lock for the first round, I don't think he was going to fall that far in any event. If the Colts or Patriots take him, he could end up at #1 in the post-draft 100
I know... However I am in a 2 QB league, and he may just slip if he is the 3rd or 4th WR taken in the NFL draft. Here's to hoping that happens... A guy can dream.
our 2qb League usually goes quarterback quarterback quarterback quarterback running back quarterback wideout running back quarterback...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Franklin is a below average talent compared to your typical NFL starter. He has above average speed, but that's offset by his lack of size and power. He's a little bit smaller than the average back and doesn't run with a great deal of power. Sproles has a higher BMI and is a vastly superior talent with some of the best quickness and elusiveness of any pro back. Franklin doesn't have consistently great vision and agility like that. His highlight reels and game clips are totally meh. I think his range of NFL outcomes will be somewhere between Tatum Bell and Julius Jones, probably slanted more towards Bell. He'll be a reach in the NFL draft and in rookie drafts. With so many quality receivers in this pool, let somebody else take him off the board. Of the Pac-12 running backs, I think Stepfan Taylor has a more prototypical skill set. No speed whatsoever, but much more powerful than Franklin with superior phone booth quickness and make-you-miss ability. He'll be the better value in the 3rd-4th round than Franklin in the 2nd.
Franklin might be average or even slightly below average in terms of power when you compare to other NFL starting backs, but for a runner his size, he generates a lot of leg drive and picks up a lot of yards after contact. Like Ahmad Bradshaw at his best. Sproles has Franklin in quicks and elusiveness, but he just can't run inside, while Franklin can. Franklin runs with great urgency and wastes no time or energy in the backfield. He puts a ton of pressure on the defense from the momentum the ball is in his hands. This will be a a good one to revisit in a few years
He'll make a nice run here and there with his quickness, but in general I think he's more of a straight-line type than a guy who runs on a swivel. He's not consistently elusive. Most of his long runs seem to be straight shots where he doesn't really have to earn the yards. Combine that with a smallish lower body that could have issues with power/durability and I think he's more likely to become a backup than a reliable starter.

He's not devoid of talent, but without elite speed, quickness, or power, it's tough to see where he's going to get his edge at the next level. Most of the solid starters in the NFL have standout ability in at least one of those categories.

Franklin is a below average talent compared to your typical NFL starter. He has above average speed, but that's offset by his lack of size and power. He's a little bit smaller than the average back and doesn't run with a great deal of power. Sproles has a higher BMI and is a vastly superior talent with some of the best quickness and elusiveness of any pro back. Franklin doesn't have consistently great vision and agility like that. His highlight reels and game clips are totally meh. I think his range of NFL outcomes will be somewhere between Tatum Bell and Julius Jones, probably slanted more towards Bell. He'll be a reach in the NFL draft and in rookie drafts. With so many quality receivers in this pool, let somebody else take him off the board. Of the Pac-12 running backs, I think Stepfan Taylor has a more prototypical skill set. No speed whatsoever, but much more powerful than Franklin with superior phone booth quickness and make-you-miss ability. He'll be the better value in the 3rd-4th round than Franklin in the 2nd.
Franklin might be average or even slightly below average in terms of power when you compare to other NFL starting backs, but for a runner his size, he generates a lot of leg drive and picks up a lot of yards after contact. Like Ahmad Bradshaw at his best. Sproles has Franklin in quicks and elusiveness, but he just can't run inside, while Franklin can. Franklin runs with great urgency and wastes no time or energy in the backfield. He puts a ton of pressure on the defense from the momentum the ball is in his hands. This will be a a good one to revisit in a few years
He'll make a nice run here and there with his quickness, but in general I think he's more of a straight-line type than a guy who runs on a swivel. He's not consistently elusive. Most of his long runs seem to be straight shots where he doesn't really have to earn the yards. Combine that with a smallish lower body that could have issues with power/durability and I think he's more likely to become a backup than a reliable starter. He's not devoid of talent, but without elite speed, quickness, or power, it's tough to see where he's going to get his edge at the next level. Most of the solid starters in the NFL have standout ability in at least one of those categories.
That is exactly how I feel about him. If its blocked well, he can make a play. I like Barner a lot more because he has significantly better footwork.

This isn't a dig or a challenge to your asessment (I really don't know the college kids like some of you guys do) but as I read your post I remembered reading a similar consensus feel for a RB years ago and everyone said "fast but just a bit under sized. Will make a great COP but never a featured guy. " I passed on him.....Clinton Portis.

I traded the 1.5 for Gordon this year. I think Gordon's floor is low & has just as much upside as any WR in this class. I would trade the 1.1 at this point for Gordon. After the draft probably not as a few players will go to ideal situations.

Bloom,

I know this isn't really adding to the discussion, but I was wondering if you could start adding links to prior years in the first post similar to Jene's draft threads, both pre and post 100 are great, but comparing this to previous years would also be extremely helpful. Right now it takes me forever to go back and find one. I find these threads very interesting to read, I can only hope now Harrison drops as far as you've put him, after that comparison ;)

Users who are viewing this thread