What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Survivor Leagues - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

ShadowMaster

Footballguy
[SIZE=10.5pt]I LOVE week1! Every team is at the starting mark. Everyone has high expectations. The face paint is out! The Thursday night teaser is nice, but the anticipation to see what each team will REALLY look like this year is brewing to full capacity. How long till kickoff?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]From 2002-2012, there have been 131 Survivor drafts and corresponding leagues. At last tally in 2009, there were over 260 unique participants (or at least 260+ aliases). The current championship hall of fame standings are as follows:

HALL OF FAME
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5 Wins – BikeSeatSniffer, Fiddles, Rudy
4 Wins – Duckboy, Jeter23
3 Wins – BassNBrew, Capt Hook, Dpeease, JeffPasquino, Joffer, Pictus Cat, Radballs, Twilight, Valence
2 Wins – Air Fryar/FM696969, Atomic Punk, Construx Boy, Fullback Fro, Gamma1210, Krsone21, LHUCKS, Old Milwaukee, Preds, Reaper, Shadowfax, Steel Dillo, Stinkin Ref
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Single Winners Pool: Aaron Rudnicki, Abrecher, AhrnCityPahnder, Andy Dufresne, Ardethan, Beachbum, Blue Kun, bro1ncos , Crippler, Dallas428, Domination, El Super Gringo, EvilGrin72, Family Matters, ffweasel, Football Critic, Frank Black, Fubar, Getinthemix, Ghost of Bill Walsh, Glumpy, Go DC Yourself, Gonads, Grouse, Hear the Footsteps, Iwannabeacowboy, JaxFan, Jeff Tefertiller, Jmills, Mike2670, Nathan, NorrisB, Nugget, Oldfatguy, Pimpin Aint Easy, Preds, Radballs, Renesauz, Sinrman, SKA, snellman, Sweet Love, Tag, Thom Yorke, WannabeeByTheSea, Wolverine, Yellow Line is Unofficial[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This accounts for 128 of the 131 leagues. The status 3 was lost when ffplace ceased to be and vanished from the internet. One name you don’t see there is Shadowmaster. Hoping to change that AGAIN this year, but enough about the past….. Let’s move on to 2013.

On tap for 2013 are 12 leagues in the survivor series.

As most are aware, we have all these leagues tracked over at MyFantasyLeagues. Thanks to everyone over there who helped make that all possible and thanks to all the volunteers who loaded all the draft data for all twelve, very deep, sixteen team drafts. Current scores are easy to read, but the remaining players display can be deceptive. Keep all this in mind when viewing the early results. As this is the first week with the new system, please verify your scores for accuracy.

We’ll start with the US Open of survivor leagues – the Winter Survivor League (WSL). Drafted while the Lambeau tundra is still newly frozen and requiring the prognostic foresight of a soothsayer, this is really anyone’s league to win.
[/SIZE]

WSL1

WSL2

WSL3

[SIZE=10.5pt]Next up is the PreDraft Survivor League (PDSL). Participants are drafted into their slots by the league captains. Drafted in March while most sports lovers are into the NCAA basketball tourney; these draft addicts are thinking nothing but fantasy pigskin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PDSL1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PDSL2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PDSL3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This brings us to the Spring Survivor League (SSL). Participants are seeded based on their previous year’s finish. Newbies all start in SSL4, with SSL1 representing the best from the past year. Because of this, winning the SSL1 title is considered by many as the pinnacle achievement in the Survivor league series.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]SSL1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]SSL2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]SSL3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]SSL4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Closing us out is the grand-daddy of them all – the Message Board Survivor Leagues (MBSL). Drafted late in training camp right before the season starts, participants have a lot more data to work with. However; still with all the challenges that a no roster move, best ball format presents.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]MBSL1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]MBSL2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]OK, now how long till kickoff? EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY! Cya late tonight with the early results.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: [/SIZE]

Best Intro to the season yet ShadowMaster, you seem energized this year. I did not get to participate in as many drafts as I would have liked, but look forward to this every spring/summer.

Big thanks to all the guys who organize, and participate. It is as much fun as my long-standing keeper league, even with the shuffle every year of league mates. Been around that a lot of you are familiar names.

Best of luck to all of you in your money leagues.

RZ

Best Intro to the season yet ShadowMaster, you seem energized this year. I did not get to participate in as many drafts as I would have liked, but look forward to this every spring/summer.

Big thanks to all the guys who organize, and participate. It is as much fun as my long-standing keeper league, even with the shuffle every year of league mates. Been around that a lot of you are familiar names.

Best of luck to all of you in your money leagues.

RZ
Hear hear! This is my first year in the Survivor series and loved it so much, I incorporated it into my main league.

Thanks Shadowmaster for the recap and for all the work from everyone else who makes this happen.

Most important thanks: everyone who finishes below me this week, so I get to play a little longer :)

Thanks Shadowmaster for putting this thread together.

Also thinks to all the others that helped out throughout the year.

A big shout out to BassNBrew for keeping these going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1 Results

Immunity Holders - safe from elimination next week

WSL1 - Pimpin Aint Easy

WSL2 - Dpeease

WSL3 - Jeter23

PDSL1 - krsone21

PDSL2 - Sinrman

PDSL3 - HitNRun

SSL1 - HellToupee

SSL2 - Menobrown

SSL3 - Go Blue

SSL4 - Bamac

MBSL1 - Old Milwaukee

MBSL2 - BroadwayG

Booted off the Island

WSL1 - Bicycle Seat Sniffer

WSL2 - FF Wiseguy

WSL3 - OldFatGuy

PDSL1 - Crippler

PDSL2 - Busman

PDSL3 - LongBallLarry

SSL1 - Team Legacy

SSL2 - Shadowfax

SSL3 - BnB (by .20)

SSL4 - Solorca

MBSL1 - Team Ramrod

MBSL2 - Blue Kun

High Score for the Week - Old Milwaukee in MBSL1 with 234.9

Prime Time Players

QB - Payton with 64.9

RB - AP with 33.10

WR - Anquan Boldin with 39.8

TE - Jared Cook with 44.1

PK - Zuerlein with 13

TD - how'bout them Cowboys with 27

Well, this was my first ever WSL draft, and it showed, as I put up a paltry 96 points in my first and last week in the league. The draft was fun and interesting, and I look forward to putting up a better fight next year.

Thanks to those who put together the drafts and the MFL leagues.

@Bass

Some of the sites are set for 2 digit decimal place scoring and some are not.

Which is correct?
2 decimal is correct. Bron1cos set up the winter leagues. Not sure how he set up the scoring, but I'll look at it when I get time if he doesn't get to it first.

Users who are viewing this thread