What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 the year of the TE? (1 Viewer)

Yes. And it will continue IMO. Pass happy league, less 30-touch run games, blocking less important.

I'm loving it. Picked up Jordan Cameron Julius Thomas and Brandon myers last season for cheap. Now I have three trading chips!

I'm not so sure that TE will be the big thing going forward. It looks to me like a lot of them profited from the fact that they came out of the blue and the defenses were not prepared. For example everyone thought the 49ers would do a lot of read option stuff but they did not. If we see another 2 weeks of this I agree, but until then?

Just look at Zudfeld, who was hyped like he was the next Gronk and did nothing.

I created the same exact thread last year when TEs seemed to be producing far above projections. TEs ended up normalizing by mid year and fell in line with previous years averages by the end of the season. I learned not to make assumptions based on very few data points/small sample sizes.

I created the same exact thread last year when TEs seemed to be producing far above projections. TEs ended up normalizing by mid year and fell in line with previous years averages by the end of the season. I learned not to make assumptions based on very few data points/small sample sizes.
Good point and I agree for the most part

Still things change quickly in the NFL and now there are a handful of different situations with fairly high upside talents

Cameron now starting with Chud/Turner calling plays (potential pass happy O?)

Cook in a pass happy offense that loves him

Finley out of the doghouse in a great offense

Thomas now starting in a great offense

Vernon Davis with a potentially elite passer for the first time

I keep mentioning David Ausberry as another option. He missed week 1 with an injury, but should be Oakland's starter when healthy.

He is just as athletic as any of these guys and could be another diamond in the rough.

Users who are viewing this thread