What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****2014 US Open**** Rory the Favorite (1 Viewer)

Love the USGA clown show - Justin Rose puts it within inches of a hole in one but ball rolls off green and he makes a 4.

Rory had lunch with Nicklaus [at The Memorial] and wanted to spend more time picking his brain. So he flew down to West Palm Beach for a two hour meeting in his office.

Jack said the longest he has ever talked to Tiger is one or two minutes. He was gracious about it and he said Woods was doing his own thing and focused on that etc. just found it interesting as I know teenaged Jack spent time with Nelson and Snead, and young adult Jack spent time wirh Bobby Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going tomorrow and Saturday. Never been to a PGA event. Strategy? I was thinking of following a group for part of one of the days and camping out on a certain hole the rest of the time.

I am going tomorrow and Saturday. Never been to a PGA event. Strategy? I was thinking of following a group for part of one of the days and camping out on a certain hole the rest of the time.
Only scream "Get in the hole!" if the player is within striking distance of the cup. Don't scream that on the tee shot of a par 5, for example. Also start screaming during the player's backswing so you don't get drowned out.

Never been either, but that sounds ####### awesome dude... Enjoy!

What is going on with all of the beach where the rough should be? Are we going to have another inevitable Dustin Johnson grounded club situation at some point this weekend?

Without tiger golf is dead. Usually this thread would already have 100's of replies.

RIP golf, it was a good run
In all honesty, it really hasn't had an effect on me.
The players championship ratings were down over 50% without Tiger.

Tiger is a huge reason for the average joes interest in golf.
This is without question. If Phil is up there on the weekend, I'll be locked in, but other than that, I'll just be following along.

I am watching the feature group online--Bubba, Scott and Charl. Anyone know who the former PGA pro who is commentating is?

What is going on with all of the beach where the rough should be? Are we going to have another inevitable Dustin Johnson grounded club situation at some point this weekend?
:no:

The rule of thumb for "what's a bunker?" at No. 2 is now that it has to be completely surrounded by closely mowed grass.

Very few bunkers will be "hazards", and the rest will be "through the green". There will be an official walking with each and every group who knows which is which and will answer any player questions.

BROOKS!!! In the lead :)

Brooks Koepka 250/1

Starts off with a bogey on one, followed by back to back birdies, and an eagle on 5.

Nice 71 (+1) by Matt Fitzpatrick, who last year was low amateur at the Open Championship and became the first Englishman to win the US Amateur in 111 years. He turns pro next week, and in doing so gives up his automatic qualification for the 2014 Open Championship.

Forgot to record and stuck at work.

props to Rickie for the Stewart tribute
Im torn on this. I generally don't like his style and think its a little douchy.
what? he said how he loved Payne when he was little the last time it was played at Pinehurst Payne Stewart one I thought it was classy.by all accounts Rickie is a nice guy :shrug:

eta I hate his regular clothes also

Forgot to record and stuck at work.

props to Rickie for the Stewart tribute
Im torn on this. I generally don't like his style and think its a little douchy.
what? he said how he loved Payne when he was little the last time it was played at Pinehurst Payne Stewart one I thought it was classy.by all accounts Rickie is a nice guy :shrug:

eta I hate his regular clothes also
Sorry the 'it's' was in reference to his normal clothes. I guess I'm a little old-man-get-off-my-lawn

Without tiger golf is dead. Usually this thread would already have 100's of replies.

RIP golf, it was a good run
In all honesty, it really hasn't had an effect on me.
The players championship ratings were down over 50% without Tiger.

Tiger is a huge reason for the average joes interest in golf.
Golf is awesome. Golf will always be awesome. It was awesome when Bobby Jones played, when Byron Nelson played, when Arnie, Jack, Norman, Tiger and McIlroy played. It will still be awesome when we die and someone who isn't even born yet will be #1 in the World. Nobody but the networks bidding for TV rights care about the average Joe's. Seriously, who cares if someone who doesn't know anything about golf and doesn't care about golf, watches golf?

^Really? Eyeballs = higher prices for advertising = more revenue for TV, higher purses etc.
I agree with you, but I agree with him as well... As a real fan I don't give a #### if there is less revenue here. I'll still watch the best in the world do what they do, and they'll continue to do it, regardless if TV revenue is more, endorsements are more, or the purses are more.

Users who are viewing this thread