What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****2014 US Open**** Rory the Favorite (1 Viewer)

^Really? Eyeballs = higher prices for advertising = more revenue for TV, higher purses etc.
I agree with you, but I agree with him as well... As a real fan I don't give a #### if there is less revenue here. I'll still watch the best in the world do what they do, and they'll continue to do it, regardless if TV revenue is more, endorsements are more, or the purses are more.
Me too. But it ridiculous to say that no one needs the casual fan.

Forgot to record and stuck at work.

props to Rickie for the Stewart tribute
Im torn on this. I generally don't like his style and think its a little douchy.
what? he said how he loved Payne when he was little the last time it was played at Pinehurst Payne Stewart one I thought it was classy.by all accounts Rickie is a nice guy :shrug:

eta I hate his regular clothes also
Sorry the 'it's' was in reference to his normal clothes. I guess I'm a little old-man-get-off-my-lawn
oh I totally hate his regular fashion.

I'm in a pool with over 100 entries. One of only 5 entries with Kaymer.

Best four total scores count

Spieth

Zach Johnson

Keegan

Kaymer

Blixt

Luiten

Ken Duke had to use putter in the bunker on 9 to get it in better position.

Still made par. No big deal.

Correction: looks like he putted it into the bunker on purpose. Which really was his only play.

Last edited by a moderator:
-9 up by 7 through 12* (started on back 9)

-4 today is two shots better than anyone else who went off this morning

Tremendous long bunker shot on the par 3 6th (one of the toughest scoring holes on the course this week)

Firmly in command, -10 and up by 8 with 3 to play

I remember watching Gil Morgan at Pebble in 92 thinking there was NO WAY he could lose this thing. Difference might be, while this course is tough, I don't think it has the potential for "others" that Pebble had.

I remember watching Gil Morgan at Pebble in 92 thinking there was NO WAY he could lose this thing. Difference might be, while this course is tough, I don't think it has the potential for "others" that Pebble had.

Kaymer with some bad iron swings. With his recent history of lacking confidence and screwing with his swing, this could get ugly for him over the weekend. :popcorn:

Oh, and his problem is he's dropping to the inside on the transition to the downswing. He's a bit across the line at the top as well. He's gonna start cranking his right hand around to shut the face and hit a draw instead of a block.

Kaymer with some bad iron swings. With his recent history of lacking confidence and screwing with his swing, this could get ugly for him over the weekend. :popcorn:

Oh, and his problem is he's dropping to the inside on the transition to the downswing. He's a bit across the line at the top as well. He's gonna start cranking his right hand around to shut the face and hit a draw instead of a block.
I think he's always over-parallel. Nothing wrong with that, but agree it creates an opportunity for more strays.

Former records for 36 holes at the US Open:

Lowest Score, First 36 Holes

133 — Jim Furyk (67-66), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003
133 — Vijay Singh (70-63), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003
134 — Jack Nicklaus (63-71), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1980
134 — Tze-Chung Chen (65-69), Oakland Hills C.C. (South Course), Birmingham, Mich., 1985
134 — Lee Janzen (67-67), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1993
134 — Tiger Woods (65-69), Pebble Beach G.L., Pebble Beach, Calif., 2000
134 — Phil Mickelson (68-66), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004
134 — Shigeki Maruyama (66-68), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004

Jebus....sets the Open record at Pinehurst...then matches it. Only 4 rounds in Open history have been lower.

I think he's always over-parallel. Nothing wrong with that, but agree it creates an opportunity for more strays.
"Across the line" isn't the same as past parallel.

Going to be funny/sad if Phil goes low...and finishes 3 shots clear of 3rd and 6 shots back of 1st.

Sorry...got it. Don't think I've heard the term.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry...got it. Don't think I've heard the term.
Yeah, usually just means that your club is pointed right of the target when it's at parallel at the top. Can cause a hook.

Im torn on this. I generally don't like his style and think its a little douchy.
what? he said how he loved Payne when he was little the last time it was played at Pinehurst Payne Stewart one I thought it was classy.by all accounts Rickie is a nice guy :shrug:

Sorry the 'it's' was in reference to his normal clothes. I guess I'm a little old-man-get-off-my-lawn
I think Fowler is one where "you can't judge a book by its cover."

I too also thought Ricky was a bit of a ##### by the way he dressed on the course. But last year, I took my kid to the Masters. My son had a front row seat off the 9th green for the Par 3 tourney. A perfect place to sit because players would walk off that green and sign a few autographs.

Most players would sign for a few kids and then be on their way. Fowler was the only player to sign for every single person who asked. In fact, 45 minutes after his "round" had finished, Ricky was still walking up the hill towards the cabins signing autographs.

I think Fowler is one where "you can't judge a book by its cover."

I too also thought Ricky was a bit of a ##### by the way he dressed on the course. But last year, I took my kid to the Masters. My son had a front row seat off the 9th green for the Par 3 tourney. A perfect place to sit because players would walk off that green and sign a few autographs.

Most players would sign for a few kids and then be on their way. Fowler was the only player to sign for every single person who asked. In fact, 45 minutes after his "round" had finished, Ricky was still walking up the hill towards the cabins signing autographs.
Solid. Stories like this make it fun to pull for guys like Fowler.

Lowest Score, First 36 Holes133 — Jim Furyk (67-66), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003

133 — Vijay Singh (70-63), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003

134 — Jack Nicklaus (63-71), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1980

134 — Tze-Chung Chen (65-69), Oakland Hills C.C. (South Course), Birmingham, Mich., 1985

134 — Lee Janzen (67-67), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1993

134 — Tiger Woods (65-69), Pebble Beach G.L., Pebble Beach, Calif., 2000

134 — Phil Mickelson (68-66), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004

134 — Shigeki Maruyama (66-68), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004
Only half those guys -- Furyk, Nicklaus, Janzen and Woods -- went on to win.

Across the Line...

http://free-online-golf-tips.com/wp-content/uploads/top-of-golf-swing-drill3.jpg

When you do this (especially good players) you tend to drop the club to the inside to get it back on plane. When you do that you get 'skinny' with your hands close to the body and to the inside. Flip the right hand to square the face.
My issue has always been laying off...so just hadn't heard the term for the other way. Not usually the same results as when Hogan laid off. :bag:

Lowest Score, First 36 Holes

133 Jim Furyk (67-66), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003

133 Vijay Singh (70-63), Olympia Fields C.C. (North Course), Olympia Fields, Ill., 2003

134 Jack Nicklaus (63-71), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1980

134 Tze-Chung Chen (65-69), Oakland Hills C.C. (South Course), Birmingham, Mich., 1985

134 Lee Janzen (67-67), Baltusrol G.C. (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J., 1993

134 Tiger Woods (65-69), Pebble Beach G.L., Pebble Beach, Calif., 2000

134 Phil Mickelson (68-66), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004

134 Shigeki Maruyama (66-68), Shinnecock Hills G.C., Southampton, N.Y., 2004
Only half those guys -- Furyk, Nicklaus, Janzen and Woods -- went on to win.
F'n T.C. double chip - that was a brutal front 9 on the last day. Sincerely hope Kayner doesn't Vande Velde this thing.

Good point about Phil wanting the last group. One of the few guys who could intimidate Kaymer.

I think Fowler is one where "you can't judge a book by its cover." I too also thought Ricky was a bit of a ##### by the way he dressed on the course. But last year, I took my kid to the Masters. My son had a front row seat off the 9th green for the Par 3 tourney. A perfect place to sit because players would walk off that green and sign a few autographs.

oh I like Fowler...i hate his look.BTW I've seen Phil do this many times yet he gets blasted :shrug:

I think Fowler is one where "you can't judge a book by its cover." I too also thought Ricky was a bit of a ##### by the way he dressed on the course. But last year, I took my kid to the Masters. My son had a front row seat off the 9th green for the Par 3 tourney. A perfect place to sit because players would walk off that green and sign a few autographs.

oh I like Fowler...i hate his look.BTW I've seen Phil do this many times yet he gets blasted :shrug:
Ricky's behind-the-scenes rep is clean as a whistle from what I've seen.

Been watching all day after forgetting to record yesterday. I'm not a fan of the course. Rough in the US Open should mean guys hacking it out most of the time unless they get extremely lucky with their lie. These guys are spinning it from out of it and it's not penalizing enough. It has a British Open feel to me and one of those a year is plenty.

NREC34 said:
Been watching all day after forgetting to record yesterday. I'm not a fan of the course. Rough in the US Open should mean guys hacking it out most of the time unless they get extremely lucky with their lie. These guys are spinning it from out of it and it's not penalizing enough. It has a British Open feel to me and one of those a year is plenty.
It had thick rough when Payne won in '99 (which he had to punch out of on the 72nd hole), but Crenshaw widened the fairways and removed the rough a few years ago...to get back to the original vision of Donald Ross.

It was better the old setup. IMHO.

Crenshaw would have everyone playing with hickory shafts and persimmon if he had his way.

Need Kaymer to shoot 74 minimum.

No scores out there. So we need Kaymer to come back.

The window is opening slightly for those still under par. Would love to see Fowler and the others with a shot tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread