What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 ACC Basketball - CLOSED (use 2016 thread now) (1 Viewer)

"Sources close to the situation say that the football and mens basketball program escaped allegations that would lead to the vacating of victories and (in basketballs case) a national championship looking back and has not been charged with any violations that would result in a post-season ban and loss of scholarships moving forward."

Then what is the point of filing this thing at all?

Chansky is one of the least credible sources you could possibly cite. He is a UNC mouthpiece.

His post doesn't even make sense. They are happy but might get LOIC? HIs sources know enough that MBB and FB will get off without allegations but don't know this about Olympic sports? His post also doesn't mesh well with other word that Carolina will "vigorously seek justice" against these allegations, etc.

I'm not saying I expect severe punishment, but I don't think any sources commenting on it so far have any substance.

Dukies, what is Maryland getting with Sulaimon? I remember watching him as a freshman and thinking "Geez, he's gonna be real good". Did he regress that much? Was he just not that good in the first place?

If he's anywhere close to what I remember, he should be a huge help in filling Dez Wells' shoes.

Dukies, what is Maryland getting with Sulaimon? I remember watching him as a freshman and thinking "Geez, he's gonna be real good". Did he regress that much? Was he just not that good in the first place?

If he's anywhere close to what I remember, he should be a huge help in filling Dez Wells' shoes.
He's a solid player. I don't think he regressed, but he never progressed either. He's a hard nosed defender that can hit some shots. He's not a lights out shooter and he not quick enough to get to the rim.

He's a solid player. I don't think he regressed, but he never progressed either. He's a hard nosed defender that can hit some shots. He's not a lights out shooter and he not quick enough to get to the rim.
Neither was Dez, but he could get to the foul line. Can this dude? And can he make them?

Rasheed's a talented guy but he just hasn't improved since his freshman year. He went off to play for the US U-19 team in the summer of 2013 (where he just kinda played ok) and somehow showed up back at Duke grossly out of shape (how that happened, I'll never know). By the time he got back in shape, Matt Jones had established himself a little bit (mostly as a defender and hustle guy, because his shooting was abysmal his freshman year) and Sulaimon was in the dog house (DNP against Michigan)

His attitude apparently stunk and he constantly pouted when things didn't go his way in. In terms of pure basketball stuff, he's a very good defender. On offense, he's a pretty good shooter and a solid ball handler. He can get into the lane but he's not a good decision maker or finisher once he gets there. Constantly gets caught in the air in bad spots causing him to turn it over or miss tough layups. He's a bit of a ball stopper as well. Just likes to do his own thing.

He'll obviously help Maryland if his attitude is good. But he's a definite downgrade from Dez Wells. No question about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he'll make for a welcome addition to MD.

The quotes I hear from him lately have him saying the right things...basically owning it that he wasn't in the right mindset while at Duke.

I think this humbled him...he just might turn into a valuable player for MD.

As good as Dez? I just say he's different...if he buys into the offense and stays motivated...he could fit right in and help make MD a viable contender.

I think he'll make for a welcome addition to MD.

The quotes I hear from him lately have him saying the right things...basically owning it that he wasn't in the right mindset while at Duke.

I think this humbled him...he just might turn into a valuable player for MD.

As good as Dez? I just say he's different...if he buys into the offense and stays motivated...he could fit right in and help make MD a viable contender.
The good thing is that he doesn't have to be as good as Dez. Maryland's inside game should be miles better next year with Carter & Stone. Just to have SOME kind of slash threat could be enough.

Thanks also, TLEF. I'm too dumb to quote separate posts.

Maverick Rowan committed to State today. Excellent late add that should help replace some of the outside shooting lost with Turner's graduation and Lacey's early departure.

This also means State can scrimmage with 10 scholarship players! (Barber, Dorn, Henderson Rowan, Martin twins, Kirk, Abu, Freeman, Anya)

:wolf:

Maverick Rowan committed to State today. Excellent late add that should help replace some of the outside shooting lost with Turner's graduation and Lacey's early departure.

This also means State can scrimmage with 10 scholarship players! (Barber, Dorn, Henderson Rowan, Martin twins, Kirk, Abu, Freeman, Anya)

:wolf:
:thumbup: I like it.

I'm looking forward to football starting. I think we will have a good season.

Derryck Thornton commits to Duke for upcoming season instead of 2016 with L'Ville or Kentucky.

That Duke/UNC game visit sealed it.

Not a bad replacement...
:confetti:
I'm not sure when I first saw this kid play - maybe 8 or 9 years old. Would come to a gym I also play at and work out. I could tell he was going to be good, but never imagined top 5 program good. Haven't seen him in a few years, apparently he has been beasting it up after watching some of his recent YouTube highlights. I was shuked today to learn he had committed to Duke. I saw him many, many mornings going through drills then running games. Good for him his hard work paid off (definitely a good chance I balled him up one or two games though :wink:)

Dennis Smith Jr commits to state. Huge pickup despite his recent ACL tear. Probably means they'll get Adebayo as well.

And Frank Jackson officially announced for Duke (had been a done deal for a while) last week.

Also, UNC got off the schnide with top 40 big man Tony Bradley.

Dennis Smith commits. :thumbup:

Bam Adebayo next. And others in the mix. This is already set to be one of the top few recruiting classes in State's history.

There's a new sheriff in town. :wolf:

Users who are viewing this thread