What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 ACC Basketball - CLOSED (use 2016 thread now) (1 Viewer)

deancheated said:
Really excited that Top 3 recruit Ingram is announcing at his Kingston high school Monday. Makes me think my Tarheels are in great shape and will Be getting a great player who should help us climb back to the top of the conference!
So your user name is Dean cheated, but they are your Tarheels? Wow. You must be really upset that Dean Cain cheated on Teri Hatcher.
Is this a reference to the "pay for play" scandal that was made public a few months ago?
No. I'm really mad at Dean Kane, who changed his name to Dan when he started writing for news and observer. He has some kind of beef with my tarheels and I can't stand the guy.

deancheated said:
Really excited that Top 3 recruit Ingram is announcing at his Kingston high school Monday. Makes me think my Tarheels are in great shape and will Be getting a great player who should help us climb back to the top of the conference!
So your user name is Dean cheated, but they are your Tarheels? Wow. You must be really upset that Dean Cain cheated on Teri Hatcher.
Dean Cain deserved better than Teri Snacher!

I mean, what are the odds that there is another compulsive alias user who is too stupid to use innocent handles like Eastwood or Grape Ape, but goes straight for Deancheated, yet feels comfortable enough to just jump in this thread with an asinine observation?

Welcome back Rip!
What was asinine about it?
I think it's asinine to make a fake "Hi there guys, I'm new here and I like everybody" statement when you are trying to hide that you are a well known, generally disliked user (except by most State fans of course, who share his hate of UNC).

Having said that, asinine is probably not the best descriptor I could have used there. Sorry.
Name one State fan who likes Rip. I don't think you can.
drfeelgood does. And I think simey and pantherclub think he's OK.

FWIW - I wasn't considering you in that group. You have too much integrity.
Wow, that wasn't nice.

I mean, what are the odds that there is another compulsive alias user who is too stupid to use innocent handles like Eastwood or Grape Ape, but goes straight for Deancheated, yet feels comfortable enough to just jump in this thread with an asinine observation?

Welcome back Rip!
I think it's asinine to make a fake "Hi there guys, I'm new here and I like everybody" statement when you are trying to hide that you are a well known, generally disliked user (except by most State fans of course, who share his hate of UNC).

Having said that, asinine is probably not the best descriptor I could have used there. Sorry.

FWIW - I wasn't considering you in that group. You have too much integrity. But I get the hate. I'm amazed as an "outsider" living in Charlotte how many people hate UNC just because they dominated the conference 30 years ago. The whole ABC thing is both amusing and confusing. I mean, a lot has happened since then. Always makes me think about that scene in Dumb and Dumber..."Hey everybody, we landed on the moon!!!"

Anyway, the truth is that I have him on ignore and yet still see his posts and 95% of the time, it's a State fan. The other 5% it's Tobias or Wreck taking stinky bait.
This posting is filled with incorrect statements, but the one that really bothers me, is the one attacking people's character by implying that they lack integrity. That's low.

Have to side with omally and Simey here. They are good people. As State fans they are entitled to crack on or root against UNC. Sometimes they don't take it as well as they dish it out but that's how it is with little brothers. :P

Why does cheering for a team or cheering against another team make anyone "bad people" it's sports and it's fun. Nice to see passionate fans get behind whoever it is they cheer for.

That is awesome.

Now Duke can come back at you in various ways.

Will still have some issues with quality front courts, rebounding at times and occasional penetrating drives but the offense seems back in action.

I expect a brisk pace...can't wait.

what's Ingram's story? it's rare to find a kid that big with those level of ball handling skills. did he grow 6 inches rapidly or something (a la Gugliotta)?

what's Ingram's story? it's rare to find a kid that big with those level of ball handling skills. did he grow 6 inches rapidly or something (a la Gugliotta)?
I think it was just a combo of practice and the fact that he finally stopped growing. He was kinda on the edge of the top 25 a year and a half ago. Then all of a sudden the light just kinda came on. Happens a lot with kids of that size/skill set. Quincy Miller was very similar. Looked like a total stiff as a freshman in high school. 2 years later the quickness/handle showed up and he was a monster. (then he tore his ACL, took the $$$ to go to Baylor and made a terrible decision to come out after 1 year)

He's really young for his grade too. Won't turn 18 until September.

He looks really good, will be a matchup problem for other teams. Thin as Kevin Durant but has that kind of range too. Rats. Rats. Rats.

Welcome back Rip!

FWIW - I wasn't considering you in that group. You have too much integrity. But I get the hate. I'm amazed as an "outsider" living in Charlotte how many people hate UNC just because they dominated the conference 30 years ago. The whole ABC thing is both amusing and confusing. I mean, a lot has happened since then. Always makes me think about that scene in Dumb and Dumber..."Hey everybody, we landed on the moon!!!"

Anyway, the truth is that I have him on ignore and yet still see his posts and 95% of the time, it's a State fan. The other 5% it's Tobias or Wreck taking stinky bait.
This posting is filled with incorrect statements, but the one that really bothers me, is the one attacking people's character by implying that they lack integrity. That's low.
Eh, integrity might have been too far, but there is no doubt that some/a lot of State fans on here agree with his thoughts and a number of his posts. I've seen it many times over the years. drfeelgood and simey in particular stand out to me. But I'm certainly not going to go back and try to find all the posts proving my point over the years. I don't care that much. But I feel very confident that my statement is correct.

The integrity part of it is that I feel that even though State fans hate UNC, and thus agree with a lot of his statements, the ones who have 'something' don't often or ever agree with his statements or egg him on or defend him from UNC fans. I feel like JWB is certainly one of those posters. I also feel like there are a lot of Duke guys with 'something' that pretty much dislike his postings and never encourage him.

So maybe integrity is too strong and if it insulted someone, I apologize. But it was really meant more as a compliment to JWB and others like him that don't tolerate Rip any more than us UNC folks. There is something to be said for that, whatever the correct word.

Finally, maybe there are nice State fans out there. I know Worm and I like him. But as I said in the Scandal thread, I have done a complete 180 and now generally hate/root against State as a result of their behavior throughout the scandal. I can't say I root for Duke, lol, but I respect them and their fans more than I used to.

No more 'rooting for State unless they play UNC' for me. I've learned my lesson.

Eh, integrity might have been too far, but there is no doubt that some/a lot of State fans on here agree with his thoughts and a number of his posts. I've seen it many times over the years. drfeelgood and simey in particular stand out to me. But I'm certainly not going to go back and try to find all the posts proving my point over the years. I don't care that much. But I feel very confident that my statement is correct.

The integrity part of it is that I feel that even though State fans hate UNC, and thus agree with a lot of his statements, the ones who have 'something' don't often or ever agree with his statements or egg him on or defend him from UNC fans. I feel like JWB is certainly one of those posters. I also feel like there are a lot of Duke guys with 'something' that pretty much dislike his postings and never encourage him.

So maybe integrity is too strong and if it insulted someone, I apologize. But it was really meant more as a compliment to JWB and others like him that don't tolerate Rip any more than us UNC folks. There is something to be said for that, whatever the correct word.

Finally, maybe there are nice State fans out there. I know Worm and I like him. But as I said in the Scandal thread, I have done a complete 180 and now generally hate/root against State as a result of their behavior throughout the scandal. I can't say I root for Duke, lol, but I respect them and their fans more than I used to.

No more 'rooting for State unless they play UNC' for me. I've learned my lesson.
Let me tell you something, I have never agreed with ripleys when he has bashed UNC, hopped on his taunting train, or egged him on. You go find just one post where I have done that. I have taken up for him before in the past when he was being blasted for something I felt wasn't deserved. I have also told him to cut it out before, and that he doesn't know when enough is enough with his taunts. I have said more than once that he is like a cartoon character that is a few bubbles short of being balanced and immature. I don't think he is mean spirited, but he is a nucking fut. He doesn't bother me. Anyway, you are very incorrect about me, and I don't know what you have against me, but I don't appreciate you questioning my integrity, and accusing me of things that are not true. Shame on you.

Sorry, that's how I remember the last however many years we've had this thread. Maybe I'm wrong. As I stated in my post, I did not mean to question your integrity as much as praise others. I also apologized for it. That's the last I have to say about it. If you feel that strongly about me, please put me on ignore. Thanks!

Since we are sports fans in here, I wanted to share a cool thing. I went to the Merlefest from last Thursday to yesterday, and I got home last night. My mom told me that my uncle (her brother) had a massive stroke last Thursday night and died. I'm not looking for condolences here so they aren't necessary. My mom knew I would be back late afternoon yesterday so she waited to tell me. My Uncle Bob is an ECU alumni like me, and we always talk about the Pirates when we see each other. He was cremated, and his funeral was today. My aunt said that she had him cremated in his favorite outfit, and that outfit was his cargo shorts, his fishing shirt, and his ECU ball cap. That made me smile. :pirate: RIP Uncle Bob

Sorry, that's how I remember the last however many years we've had this thread. Maybe I'm wrong. As I stated in my post, I did not mean to question your integrity as much as praise others. I also apologized for it. That's the last I have to say about it. If you feel that strongly about me, please put me on ignore. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Not cool.

Simey I missed Merlefest this year but that's a great event. Also sorry for your loss. I also always cheer for ECU, and have some great memories from partying there back in the early 90s.

State landed a commitment from Shaun Kirk tonight. 6'5 senior wing that was playing with Dennis Smith Jr's (top 5 recruit in the rising senior class. John Wall type athlete at the PG spot) team at an AAU event last weekend. Looks like an absolute FREAK athlete but apparently doesn't bring too much else to the table at this point. The very fact that he was a graduating senior playing at a Spring AAU event is evidence that he wasn't that psyched about his options for next year. (was apparently considering taking a post-grad year to try and get his offers up)

State needs bodies and this kid is obviously a talented one. Maybe Gott can coach him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your Uncle Bob, simey. I've already told my wife when I die I want to be cremated, and I want to be cremated in my my favorite Wolfpack lounge pants, and my favorite Allman Brothers Band t-shirt. I also want my dogs that have passed ashes combined with mine. She knows where to scatter them.

State landed a commitment from Shaun Kirk tonight. 6'5 senior wing that was playing with Dennis Smith Jr's team at an AAU event last weekend. Looks like an absolute FREAK athlete but apparently doesn't bring too much else to the table at this point. The very fact that he was a graduating senior playing at a Spring AAU event is evidence that he wasn't that psyched about his options for next year. (was apparently considering taking a post-grad year to try and get his offers up)

State needs bodies and this kid is obviously a talented one. Maybe Gott can coach him up.
I hope he can coach him up. Losing Lacey is disappointing. I read today that Lacey is turning 24 this year, and that may have played into his decision to go pro now. I hope Terry Henderson proves to be a nice addition this coming season.

Since we are sports fans in here, I wanted to share a cool thing. I went to the Merlefest from last Thursday to yesterday, and I got home last night. My mom told me that my uncle (her brother) had a massive stroke last Thursday night and died. I'm not looking for condolences here so they aren't necessary. My mom knew I would be back late afternoon yesterday so she waited to tell me. My Uncle Bob is an ECU alumni like me, and we always talk about the Pirates when we see each other. He was cremated, and his funeral was today. My aunt said that she had him cremated in his favorite outfit, and that outfit was his cargo shorts, his fishing shirt, and his ECU ball cap. That made me smile. :pirate: RIP Uncle Bob
Thanks for sharing, Simey. Glad he got to enjoy some great ECU wins last fall :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your families loss. RIP Pirate Bob.

I think it was just a combo of practice and the fact that he finally stopped growing. He was kinda on the edge of the top 25 a year and a half ago. Then all of a sudden the light just kinda came on. Happens a lot with kids of that size/skill set. Quincy Miller was very similar. Looked like a total stiff as a freshman in high school. 2 years later the quickness/handle showed up and he was a monster. (then he tore his ACL, took the $$$ to go to Baylor and made a terrible decision to come out after 1 year)

He's really young for his grade too. Won't turn 18 until September.
Yeah...he really has a freakish body type. It's not just the height, but also his wingspan which allows him to attack the rim at all these funky angles. It's rare that he gets a shot blocked around the rim even with weakside help. Plus he has great range and can just shoot over any 3 and most college level 4s.

It'll be interesting to see what K actually does with him as the best 5 players are probably Thornton, Allen, Jones, Ingram, Jefferson. I guess you try to have Jones guard the opposing 4 (which works if they are stretch 4s like Dekker) and Ingram play the 3. Lots of different pieces to mix and match.

Sorry for your loss simey.

Don't sleep on Luke Maye fellow UNC fans. Was reading over at IC and some pretty good evaluators of talent with impressive track records the last 10 years think he is considerably better than Ryan Kelly.

State landed a commitment from Shaun Kirk tonight. 6'5 senior wing that was playing with Dennis Smith Jr's (top 5 recruit in the rising senior class. John Wall type athlete at the PG spot) team at an AAU event last weekend. Looks like an absolute FREAK athlete but apparently doesn't bring too much else to the table at this point. The very fact that he was a graduating senior playing at a Spring AAU event is evidence that he wasn't that psyched about his options for next year. (was apparently considering taking a post-grad year to try and get his offers up)

He committed to State (verbal) and Coach Cal called and offered the next day.Will be interesting what he does. Its got 'go to Kentucky and get recruited over' all over it but we'll see. Kentucky offer legitimizes him a little bit though so if he stays who knows.

He committed to State (verbal) and Coach Cal called and offered the next day.Will be interesting what he does. Its got 'go to Kentucky and get recruited over' all over it but we'll see. Kentucky offer legitimizes him a little bit though so if he stays who knows.
I dont follow recruiting all that much but if he is a 6'5 wing then if thats the case then NCSU has a ton of wing players and Kentucky doesnt have any. Playing time may be a factor in this and it seems like KY can offer a ton more in the short term. Plus its Kentucky.

I dont follow recruiting all that much but if he is a 6'5 wing then if thats the case then NCSU has a ton of wing players and Kentucky doesnt have any. Playing time may be a factor in this and it seems like KY can offer a ton more in the short term. Plus its Kentucky.
Yes he's a wing, and yes State has the Martin twins, but in reality State has 4 players for PG/SG/SF, 5 players for PG/SG/SF/PF, and only 7 total scholarship players.

PG: Barber

SG: Henderson

SF: Martin/Martin

PF: Abu

C: Freeman/Anya

Figuring Henderson will spell Barber at PG and a Martin will spell Henderson at SG and maybe Abu at PF, there are definitely some minutes to be had. You definitely want more than 7 scholarship players too.

Got tickets for the first UNC game for next season - Veterans Classic at the Naval Academy on Friday, Nov. 13, the first day of the season. UNC-Temple followed by Navy-Florida. Joined the Navy booster club to buy tickets before they went on sale to general public,

Looking forward to only having to drive 10 minutes to see a game - as well as to see how Luke Maye will fit into the rotation.

V.J. King cut his list down to: Arizona, UConn, Louisville, Virginia and Kentucky.

It'd be nice to see him stick with home favorite VA.

Eh, integrity might have been too far, but there is no doubt that some/a lot of State fans on here agree with his thoughts and a number of his posts. I've seen it many times over the years. drfeelgood and simey in particular stand out to me.
I think you might need to be tested for dementia, because I have not agreed with his thoughts and a number of his posts. I don't think anyone has for that matter.

Nothing's gonna happen. Been saying it for a while now. The NCAA has nothing to gain from punishing UNC for anything they may or may not have done. (I strongly lean towards "may")

I would say they have their integrity to lose, but that went out the window a long long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread