What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Fanduel -- Week 1 (1 Viewer)

I only did GPP at FD week 1. Were the 50/50 and Double Up cut lines really that low? I guess that's the high Week1 variance impact.
I can only speak to my contests, but that's what they were.

For reference, mine weren't THAT much higher than the cut lines late last season, if at all.

Sorry I haven't posted more - been on the road for 2 weeks.

I did get some action in, and across 4 sites ended up +15%. Meh. I rostered a lot of Olson, Dez, ODB and AP.

Looking at the games as a whole, it appeared to be a slow start in most places, and a lot of home teams ending up on the plus side of the score, except for the truly terrible teams like Oakland, DC, Jax and Tampa. Many of the hits were on home teams: Tyrod, Palmer, Brady - Ivory, Woodhead, Forte - Julio, Allen, S Johnson - Gronk, Kelce, etc. I wonder if this is an effect of low reps for starters in the pre-season and training camp.

I'll keep an eye on any correlation, but as playing time accrues any observable effect should diminish, so not hugely important moving forward. However, I am keeping an eye on those who performed well or moderately well on the road playing a home game in week 2: Antonio Brown, Bradford, Jordan Matthews, Sproles, Eifert, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broke even thanks to the last minute Thursday lineup with Brady/Gronk. None of my Tyrod lineups cashed thanks to the Dez/ODB/Olsen trifecta of suck.

I'll take that result for my first week doing this, however.

This was my first week at trying DFS. I dropped out of what I call my money league($100) to try it out this year as I love to tinker with line ups and no one ever traded in that league. Made a modest deposit of $150 in FD. Hope it lasts me the season. I just played $10 this week, in either double/triple-ups and GPP. My last minute Sunday and Monday line ups cashed for me so am up $2. I am good with that, definitely a learning curve. Gonna try 50/50's as suggested in a few threads. I wish I would have trusted my gut with James Jones in all my line ups instead of Eddie Royal. May have cashed in more games this week.

I played 2 years ago and took last season off, but with $30 still floating in my account I decided to get back in. The FBG podcast and book definitely helped as I think I got a better understanding of what to use in 50/50 vs big GPP's. Anyway long story short I played $28 this week and wound up winning $136. I threw a $1 into one of the really big tournaments with over 100,000 people and wound up finishing in the 90's for $40 and I did a 100 person $2 contest where I finished first for $50. I used 2 different lineups there and scored 169.2 in the really big one and 157.9 in the 100 person one. So I made $90 there and then won my $5 50/50 with lineups scoring as low as 111 and as high as 140. Anyway, I have been lurking and thought I would share a success story. Now to not go crazy and just stick to the 50/50's and throw a few bucks again at those bigger tournaments. Good luck everyone in week 2!

I played 2 years ago and took last season off, but with $30 still floating in my account I decided to get back in. The FBG podcast and book definitely helped as I think I got a better understanding of what to use in 50/50 vs big GPP's. Anyway long story short I played $28 this week and wound up winning $136. I threw a $1 into one of the really big tournaments with over 100,000 people and wound up finishing in the 90's for $40 and I did a 100 person $2 contest where I finished first for $50. I used 2 different lineups there and scored 169.2 in the really big one and 157.9 in the 100 person one. So I made $90 there and then won my $5 50/50 with lineups scoring as low as 111 and as high as 140. Anyway, I have been lurking and thought I would share a success story. Now to not go crazy and just stick to the 50/50's and throw a few bucks again at those bigger tournaments. Good luck everyone in week 2!
great job! come on over to the week 2 thread...

Users who are viewing this thread