What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG PDSL1 Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Ruffrodys05 said:
1.01 (01) - Antonio Brown, PIT WR1

2.16 (32) - Kelvin Benjamin, CAR WR20

3.01 (33) - Ezekiel Elliott, (R) RB9

4.16 (64) - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT QB6

5.01 (65) - Julius Thomas, JAC TE10

6.16 (96) - Tyler Lockett, SEA WR39

7.01 (97) - Derrick Henry, (R) RB28

8.16 (128) - Jay Ajayi, MIA RB36

9.01 (129) - Clive Walford, OAK TE19

10.16 (160) - Danny Amendola, NE WR60

11.01 (161) - Colin Kaepernick, SF/DEN/?? QB29
Well, you're definitely taking home the award for "longest combined QB surnames".

4.13. Crabtree. I saw a huge dropoff at this point to the next guys but maybe I should have gone RB in Forte instead now. Will have to piece RB together now

5.4 Gordon. I really should have taken Forte instead and missed up my order with pre-selects. I needed a RB and he offers chance to improve in year 2

6.13. Stafford. I had a choice of 3 guys here and am great with waiting on QB because of it. Could have come back with Ryan/Eli also with next pick to make a nice duo but I have other guys I like that might be had later

7.4 DeSean. Just saw value at this point in time Ryan was my next pre-select and a few other guys still not picked in here that I thought brought value.

WR core looking pretty nice to this point. Happy with TE and know there is guys I can get to make a nice backup and QB is off to a good start. Just RB will be an issue but we will see. I wont be getting Henry in the 8th like the WSL's.
8.13 Jay Cutler. Flacco was the guy I was hoping for but I am still happy with Cutler. Except for bridge water, the rest of the guys drafted after have huge question marks

9"4 Darren McFadden, this is my screwup here. Not a bad Rb as he will get receptions but give me better Rb in 4th like forte and Wheaton or te here and smith in 11th. Not terrible but my Rb core is a little weak

10.13 Isaiah Crowell. The opposite of McFadden as good for tds other than with train wreck ream. He should count for me a few times

11"4 Maxx Williams. The last te I liked who should pair nicely with Gronk in his 2nd year.  I would have fathered Cameron or Rudolph instead but did not last

Team Is okay. Doing again, I take forte in 4th, Rudolph in 9th and Torrey in 11th instead

Dang, you guys are sure pulling the trigger on crappy backup QBs early this draft.

BASSNBREW 

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

Luck, Andrew IND QB

-

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

-

Langford, Jeremy CHI RB

-

Mathews, Ryan PHI RB (P)

-

Bryant, Dez DAL WR (P)

-

Doctson, Josh FA WR (R) 

-

-

Dorsett, Phillip IND WR

-

Floyd, Michael ARI WR

-

Williams, Terrance DAL WR

-

Miller, Zach CHI TE

-

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

-

Hauschka, Steven SEA PK

-

12 TOTAL PLAYERS

Gonna trust that Luck got the injuries out of his system last year and goes back

Eh.....where I'm sitting, I figured I had to get a top quality crappy back-up early if I wanted one at all. Not sayin Kaep is top quality crappy but was best of remaining lot.......

1.01 (01) - Antonio Brown, PIT WR1
2.16 (32) - Kelvin Benjamin, CAR WR20
3.01 (33) - Ezekiel Elliott, (R) RB9
4.16 (64) - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT QB6
9.01 (129) - Clive Walford, OAK TE19
12.16 (192) - Raiders, OAK D8: Impressive free agency has them rising up my board.
13.01 (193) - Brandon McManus, DEN K7: Solid young kicker. 

8.13 Jay Cutler. Flacco was the guy I was hoping for but I am still happy with Cutler. Except for bridge water, the rest of the guys drafted after have huge question marks

9"4 Darren McFadden, this is my screwup here. Not a bad Rb as he will get receptions but give me better Rb in 4th like forte and Wheaton or te here and smith in 11th. Not terrible but my Rb core is a little weak

10.13 Isaiah Crowell. The opposite of McFadden as good for tds other than with train wreck ream. He should count for me a few times

11"4 Maxx Williams. The last te I liked who should pair nicely with Gronk in his 2nd year.  I would have fathered Cameron or Rudolph instead but did not last

Team Is okay. Doing again, I take forte in 4th, Rudolph in 9th and Torrey in 11th instead
2 more picks in

12.12 Devonte Booker. Have read some really good stuff about being a three down back and not far behind Henry in rankings but getting 7 rounds later. My Rb core is looking better

13.4. Lots of Pk I would not have mined but Bailey was in top 5 overall. Dallas will be improved with Romo and he is for sure not going to be replaced as one of best young legs in game. Gostkowski, tucker, Crosby and Hausa would be others. So come away happy here

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3.07), Alex Smith (8.10)

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10), Duke Johnson (7.07)

WR: Brandon Marshall (2.10), John Brown (5.07), Markus Wheaton (9.07), Mike Wallace (10.10), Sammie Coates (12.10)

TE: Eric Ebron (6.10)

K: Cairo Santos (13.07)

DEF: Seahawks (11.07)

I erred when I thought Heuerman would drop to my 12th round pick, he wasn't even drafted in the WSLs.  I didn't particularly like any of the other offensive players at that spot so I figured I'd do something I never have before and take a top defense.  I'm not too sorry I made that decision but now the remaining TEs are crap and not worth drafting (yet anyway) IMO.  All along I wanted Coates to pair with Wheaton, figuring they will probably alternate big games and if one totally takes over the #2 role I have it covered (I don't see the other guy remaining as a real threat).  So I like my WR corps a lot.  Others may disagree.  Santos was simply the best kicker remaining and the one I feel comfortable with - I had considered Walsh instead of Coates but I think this way is better.

did Drunken Slob really taken Bortles in the 4th round?
Seems a little early and I'd take Russell, Ben and Brady before him but it's understandable.   

Slob appears to be shooting for upside on most positions other than rb.  

Eta: how did charles fall to 2.09?  Am I just out of touch or should be have been a 1st round pick? 

Last edited by a moderator:
QB:
6.12 - Tony Romo, QB DAL (QB14)
7.05 - Eli Manning, QB NYG (QB16)

RB:
4.12 - LeSean McCoy, RB BUF (RB17)
5.05 - Jeremy Hill, RB CIN (RB21)

9.05 - Shane Vereen, RB NYG (RB40)
14.12 - Darren Sproles, RB PHI (RB55)

WR: 
1.05 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU (WR4)
3.05 - T.Y. Hilton, WR IND (WR23)
8.12 - Travis Benjamin, WR SD (WR48)

11.05 - Torrey Smith, WR SF (WR61)
13.05 - Rishard Matthews, WR TEN (WR70)

TE: 
2.12 - Greg Olsen, TE CAR (TE2)

10.12 - Charles Clay, TE BUF (TE25)

PK: 
12.12 - Justin Tucker, PK BAL (PK5)

Vereen / Sproles are a poor man's Riddick / Sims at the cost of a 9th- and 14th-rounder. Between them they ought to ensure me an 8-10 point floor for those occasional weeks when either Shady or Hill goes for something like 11-19-0.

Benjamin and Smith make a perfect matching set - one-trick ponies whose one trick can save your bacon in a best-ball format. Chip Kelly loves to draft WRs, and if he gets a decent one it'll leave Torrey in his natural role as a #2 "go deep and I'll chuck it up to you" guy. Matthews is another complementary piece on a Titans offense I think is going to surprise some people this season. He's the kind of guy you'll look at the MFL standings at season's end and go, "I didn't hear his name on an NFL Game Break once all season. How the hell did he finish WR37?" 

Fun fact I bet you didn't know: Charles Clay had as many 20-plus point weeks last season as Travis Kelce or Zach Ertz (despite missing the final quarter of the season). He was the last TE on the board I felt was capable of enough big upside to complement Olsen's consistency.

Tucker is long, and he's strong, and he's down to get the ... no, wait, that's Sir Mix-a-Lot. Anyway, he's one of my favorite kickers in this format, and the Ravens have nowhere to go but up from last year's tire fire.

Overall I like this squad almost as much as I hate my PDSL2 squad. Feel like some good values have fallen into my lap and can pretty much go BPA for my non-PK/DST picks from here on out.

Sproles was a great pick, almost wish I had taken him instead of Coleman.  But I have Sproles in another league, might actually be my best rb there (32 teams, I'm stronger everywhere else) and I couldn't pass on Coleman's upside as the possibility remains of him splitting time with Freeman. 

2.02 Cam Newton QB1 CAR

1.15 David Johnson RB4 ARZ

3.15 CJ Anderson RB13 DEN

4.02 Doug Baldwin WR26 SEA

5.15 Marvin Jones WR36 DET

7.15 Tavon Austin WR42 LAR

6.02 Gary Barnidge TE14 CLE

8.02 Martellus Bennett TE17 NE

At the 5-6 turn I bought in to the line of thinking that Marvin is in a pretty sweet spot.  High volume passing offense that should see him have the opportunity to put up some fantasy numbers.  Talent is there and think his opportunity has improved. Was pretty happy to see Barnidge still around as TE14 so that was pretty easy.  Fresh Prince picking behind me already had two TE's on board, so I knew I would have my choice at second pick of turn. I'm not as high on Ebron as those thinking cause CJ left his numbers get more love. Was glad to see Rene take ASJ as well. 

7-8 turn allowed me to go pretty much any direction.  Austin seems to be a little underrated in these IMO so he has found his way on to some of my teams. Not gonna say the H word/name but kind like what might be brewing at TE in NE again. I feel for pretty limited investment I have a decent combo so far at TE. 

So far I liked duckboys picks of jordy/eifert where he got them, like bass getting luck there, liked ruffrody's 4-5 turn, thought broncos had a nice pick with Forte where he got him, I really wanted Hurns in the 5th but ninja swiped him two picks before my Jones pick....
:finger : on Austin. I almost took him at 7.14, and he was the first in que for round 8. I can easily see him improving even more this year into the WR he was supposed to be coming out.

FUBAR said:
Sproles was a great pick, almost wish I had taken him instead of Coleman.  But I have Sproles in another league, might actually be my best rb there (32 teams, I'm stronger everywhere else) and I couldn't pass on Coleman's upside as the possibility remains of him splitting time with Freeman. 
Spelled was in my short list of rb for both when I took Crowell and booker. Just behind. I like irrelevant s team. Some nice value in clay, Torrey and sproled

Spelled was in my short list of rb for both when I took Crowell and booker. Just behind. I like irrelevant s team. Some nice value in clay, Torrey and sproled
I agree. Irrelevant's team is very balanced with value everywhere. I'd feel good about it in a 12-team BB. To assemble his roster in this 16-teamed with all of these sharp owners is impressive. 

12.16 (192) - Raiders, OAK D8
13.01 (193) - Brandon McManus, DEN K7

14.16 (224) - Bills, BUF D15
15.01 (225) - Kai Forbath, NO K23
16.16 (256) - Chris Givens, PHI WR82:
with 4.41 speed to stretch the field.....I see him in a DJax role for Philly this year. He'll hold down the WR3 slot and keep Huff and others at bay.
17.01 (257) - Spencer Ware, KC RB65: prefer him over West, later RB slot than WSL2, happy with value here.

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10), Duke Johnson (7.07), Tevin Coleman (14.10)

WR: Brandon Marshall (2.10), John Brown (5.07), Markus Wheaton (9.07), Mike Wallace (10.10), Sammie Coates (12.10), Jaelen Strong (16.10)

TE: Eric Ebron (6.10), Jacob Tamme (15.07)

K: Cairo Santos (13.07), Travis Coons (17.07)

DEF: Seahawks (11.07)

First the good, Coleman is one of my top sleeper picks and helps make this rb corps pretty strong imo.  Also, I've been looking at Strong for a few rounds now and I really like these receivers.  Actually I don't remember liking the combination of qb, rb, and wr as much before. 

But that's probably because this is the worst group of tight ends ever put together.  I waited too long and the value imo was gone, then there were no good TEs left.  Hopefully Ebron lives up to his potential or I'm in trouble there. 

QB--Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco

While I don't consider either an elite fantasy QB, both have high floors and will have some big weeks. I am happy with this duo.

RB--L. Miller, K. Dixon, A. Collins, L. Dunbar, C.J. Prosise

Consider me firmly in the camp that believes that Lamar Miller will be a top-five RB this season. He should be one of this season's rare 3-down backs for a team that feeds its backs. I love Dixon, especially in PPR, and Collins is interesting, depending on his landing spot. Could be a lot of receptions between Dixon, Dunbar, and Prosise. Considering how long I waited to select my second back, I like this group.

WR-- Landry, Moncrief, Snead, Wright, Woods, Britt

While this group doesn't feature a big name like Antonio or Julio, Landry has been PPR gold in his first two seasons and Moncrief is my favorite breakout candidate at the position this year. Snead is a good best-ball guy and while I am not a huge fan of Wright as a WR4 he should do. Woods is Buffalo's #2 WR and Britt is his team's default #1. Solid value at 17.6/18.1

TE-- L. Green, Gates

Despite investing two of my top five picks on them, I am not totally sold on the pair. Green should thrive in Pitts and Gates was still very good last year, but the unknown of Green and age of Gates makes me worried. I reached, but being at the end of the draft made me very worried about not getting two good TE's.

K-- Nugent, Gould

Getting two kickers with no real threat to their jobs is a nice bonus in an early draft.

D-- Arizona

Highest rated defense on my board...don't feel bad about taking them at the of the 11/12 turn.

Ugh...was five or six away when I checked at 315ish. Went to work, got busy and timed out. (Hate four hour clock as it doesn't allow breathing room when 5 or 6 picks rattle off in minutes)

Anyway...whoever has the ability to log in as commish please give me David Cobb

Two more picks left:

2.02 Cam Newton QB1 CAR
12.02 Robert Griffin QB30 CLE

9.15 Rashad Jennings RB43 NYG
16.02 Chris Johnson RB62 ARZ
18.02 Christine Michael RB68 SEA

10.02 Vincent Jackson WR56 TB
11.15 Brandon Coleman WR67 NOS
15.15 Jeff Janis WR78 GB

13.15 Matt Prater PK16 DET
14.02 Adam Vinatieri PK19 IND

17.15 San Francisco 49ers DST26

(Rounds 9-18)

Feel as though I have two solid starting NFL RB’s, but round (9) felt like a good time to add some depth.  Jennings should still be the starter and finished strong last year.  Need to dodge some bullets in the NFL draft, and I could have a pretty solid RB3 with Jennings. The backfield is a little more crowded now with Rainey signing after I made this pick, but Jennings should be the man. Round (10) I snagged VJ, he had a down 2015 but should still be the WR2 in TB and catch his share of passes. I am a fan of Coleman (11) in these drafts as he finds his way on to many of my teams. Hoping he takes the next step as he seems to have the goods and finished nicely last year. I am by no means a RG3 (12) fan but he is a body at QB2.  We’ll see how that shakes out but hopefully he is not needed very often. (13-14) snagged a couple of solid to above average PK’s just to get it over with.  Both in domes and not sure why Vinny is getting overlooked, he still bombs it, is planning on playing for a few more years and has Luck back.  Actually like my PK duo. I expect Janis (15) to steal the WR3 this year and there is value in the GB WR3 in fantasy. Another guy who finished strong last year.  Seems like a pattern in my drafts.  Guys whose overall numbers may not have looked that great, but finished strong and in good positions heading into next year. Hmmm. In round (16) I had been trout looking CJ for a while and was happy to be able to add him as some insurance for DJ.  Not sure if there is any standalone value with him, but I’d say there might be from week to week.  He was in a little bit of demand and ARZ wanted him back and he wanted to be there so I am kinda sensing some good vibes from that and think Arians will use him maybe just enough to make him more than just a handcuff for fantasy owners. (17) nothing special here with the 49ers, basically committed to punting this position and it didn’t really matter who I picked at this point. (18) Michael..... what’s weird is I love this pick.  Another finished strong guy in a pretty good spot, RB2 on a run heavy team and the guy in front of him is not healthy.  Tons of talent and some potential opportunity.  SEA backfield is one of those places that could have enough volume to have two weekly contributors. In the 18th round I think this is the textbook definition of high upside, game changing, type of pick.  Overall: I’ll go to battle with this group, couple picks left to round it out.  

FUBAR said:

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10), Duke Johnson (7.07), Tevin Coleman (14.10)

WR: Brandon Marshall (2.10), John Brown (5.07), Markus Wheaton (9.07), Mike Wallace (10.10), Sammie Coates (12.10), Jaelen Strong (16.10)

TE: Eric Ebron (6.10), Jacob Tamme (15.07), Henry Hunter (18.10)

DEF: Seahawks (11.07), Titans (19.07)

First the good, Coleman is one of my top sleeper picks and helps make this rb corps pretty strong imo.  Also, I've been looking at Strong for a few rounds now and I really like these receivers.  Actually I don't remember liking the combination of qb, rb, and wr as much before. 

But that's probably because this is the worst group of tight ends ever put together.  I waited too long and the value imo was gone, then there were no good TEs left.  Hopefully Ebron lives up to his potential or I'm in trouble there. 
Added a 3rd TE with upside.  This is the 2nd time this off-season I've ended up drafting three TEs although I don't particularly like to; in this team it's more a matter of need than true value, though I do think Hunter is decent value here and is the only rookie TE I'd draft in redraft. 

Titans D was simply a :homer:  pick as a late 2nd D.  They are an improving defense and LeBeau should help them improve even more in 2016.

12.16 (192) - Raiders, OAK D8
13.01 (193) - Brandon McManus, DEN K7
14.16 (224) - Bills, BUF D15
15.01 (225) - Kai Forbath, NO K23
16.16 (256) - Chris Givens, PHI WR82
17.01 (257) - Spencer Ware, KC RB65
18.16 (288) - Dwayne Harris, NYG WR97
19.01 (289) - Ka’Deem Carey CHI RB72

I like the value of these last two picks (right now.) Might feel a little differently after the NFL draft a few weeks from now.

19.01 (289) - Ka’Deem Carey CHI RB72

I like the value of these last two picks (right now.) Might feel a little differently after the NFL draft a few weeks from now.
Not so sure about Carey as I suspect the Bears draft at least a backup back.

But I do like Harris quite a bit as the 97th receiver taken.  He's a better special teams guy, but he should put up a few decent games especially if Cruz/OBJ miss time.

Not so sure about Carey as I suspect the Bears draft at least a backup back.

But I do like Harris quite a bit as the 97th receiver taken.  He's a better special teams guy, but he should put up a few decent games especially if Cruz/OBJ miss time.
I like Carey. He was my next pick. I think Langford is average at best though and Kadeem can give you some tds . I agree bears could draft another but I see that person cutting into Langford more

you're referring to one year as "ever since"?  
Right? People act like it's been a decade since he was fantasy relevant.

Wallace sucks and is a POS....how he has a job after his press conference with Gibson is beyond me.....i realize somebody will always give these guys a chance and in his case think they can rekindle whatever small flame he had in PIT.....but Wallace is all about Wallace and he'll burn this bridge too and eventually find something wrong with Flacco and company....some things you can count on.....means nothing in fantasy I know, but I wish nothing but bad karma to any fantasy team that drafts this POS....
Hey now... I have him in WSL2! I really like Fubar's combo of Wallace and Wheaton. These guys are freaking perfect best ball picks. I wanted to get Wallace again in this league, but I had punted RB for too long and couldn't grab him in time. 10.10 is insane value for him given where he landed and how little competition he has for targets. He won't be slipping by me in any auctions this year.

6.04 Carson Palmer (QB12) - Felt like I got a real bargain here. Not a steal, but super happy with Carson at QB12.

7.13 Tyrod Taylor (QB20) - Was definitely not my preferred backup QB, but I'd be happy with last year's production. Maybe he can take a step forward with a healthy Watkins.

Overall, a good unit. Won't dominate, but won't hurt me. I don't like to take an expensive QB due to the best ball aspect of these leagues.

1.13 AJ Green (WR9) - New OC unlikely to be as run happy as Hue and the loss of Jones and Sanu could mean Dalton looks his way more frequently like a couple years ago.

4.04 Eric Decker (WR27) - this guy never gets any love. I thought his ADP would spike after last year, but I guess not. Marshall is getting old, so Decker could steal some looks from that target hog. I'll be shocked if he doesn't finish top 16 once again. He was hampered by injury last year (missed a full game and played limited snaps in a couple others) and still finished at or near top 10 in all formats.

5.13 Allen Hurns (WR35) - I expect less passes this year, but that doesn't fully explain his drop to WR35. He was injured pretty much all of last year and still put up great numbers.

11.13 Stevie Johnson (WR65) - Suffered a couple injuries last year, but was productive when healthy. He's still in his prime for a WR. I like him at least as much as Benjamin, but he was cheaper.

12.04 Jermaine Kearse (WR68) - Not a sexy pick but as close to a sure bet to outperform his ADP as you're going to get.

19.13 Andre Johnson (super late) - If Boldin can be productive at 35, so can AJ if he lands in the right spot.

I really like this squad. I don't feel like I had to break the bank to get them, yet they should hold up well to just about any of the other teams, although I haven't compared yet.

2.04 Doug Martin (RB6) - Couldn't pass on the value here. Same (up and coming) team. Only 27. Outproduced his current ADP last year despite only 6 rushing TDs. Should have a shot at double digits this year if the offense improves (20th in points last year).

8.04 Charles Sims (RB34) - I don't think he's very talented, but I took him because (1) he gets a lot of targets and (2) he's Doug Martin insurance - it's pretty rare to be able to snag a guy who is both fantasy productive AND the clear cut backup to your starter. Still not a good RB2, but I'm obviously taking the shotgun approach at this position.

10.04 Bilal Powell (RB45) - For this pick I'm basically reading into the fact that his contract was similar to Forte's and betting against Forte's ability to actually be productive and/or stay healthy. I am of the opinion Forte has been declining for the past 2 years, so I think this year might be the cliff, which also explains....

16.04 Khiry Robinson (RB63) - I really wanted to lock up the Jets backfield outside of Forte. At least one of these guys will be productive when Forte falters and I might be looking at a poor man's Martin/Sims combo here.

18.04 Andre Ellington (RB69) - He can't stay healthy but when he does, he's very productive (I'm not going to hold 2014 against him where he was injured in 100% of the games he played). We know Arians is dangerously loyal, so he could get a decent slice of the pie this year even if David Johnson is productive, too.

20.04 Lorenzo Taliaferro (super late) - despite being injured in training camp or preseason he reclaimed the backup job from Allen before relinquishing it due to injury. Given Forsett's age and Allen's mediocrity, I think Taliaferro is a nice sleeper in what could be a decent offense (assuming Trent Richardson doesn't suddenly gain vision).

My RB2 through RB6 may not look like much individually but don't forget this is best ball and I'm probably one of the few teams with six RBs and I think my RB1 is very, very solid so I'm really just looking for one out of five guys to step up each week. It is unconventional (but only slightly, I'm sure I'm not the only one) but should be effective.

3.13 Coby Fleener (TE8) - Never thought I'd draft this guy until he unexpectedly ended up in the best situation possible for a TE. Almost certain to be top 5 due to volume + PPR format.

9.13 Jared Cook (TE20) - I really felt like I got a steal here. He at least matches Finley in talent/ability. Playing with Rodgers makes anyone better. Last year Richard Rodgers put up 58/510/8 on just 85 targets. Considering Cook is a career 12.8 ypr guy, I expect at least 60/750/6.

This is the most important position in these leagues and I was able to get two solid contributors at relative bargains. So long as they don't end up with the same bye, this combo could carry my team.

Zuerlein/Barth - two kickers with secure jobs (I think). That's all I ever shoot for in these leagues after I got burned one year by Randy Bullock sucking so much in preseason that they sent him to the IR.

Dolphins/Lions - both teams have potential. I worry about defense even less when it is a best ball format.

Luck, Andrew IND QB

Wentz, Carson FA QB

Rolling the dice likely taking a donut on Luck's bye week.  Luck has enough talent to still finish in the upper half of the QBs solo.  Grade C+

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

Langford, Jeremy CHI RB

Mathews, Ryan PHI RB

Spiller, C.J. NOS RB

Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Right now I'm looking at 3 starters in a 16 team league.  finally got off the Percy bandwagon but still sucked in on Spiller.  He should get some touches.  Thompson should be a ppr machine and may challenge the human fumble machine currently in front of him on the depth chart.  Grade A-

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Carroo, Leonte FA WR

Doctson, Josh FA WR

Dorsett, Phillip IND WR

Floyd, Michael ARI WR

Fuller, Will FA WR

Shorts, Cecil HOU WR

Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Dez anchors the 1 spot and I would consider him a 2nd tier WR1.  After here it gets questionable.  I don't know what to make of Floyd fantasy wise this year.  Won't hurt too much in bb.  Dorsett is a huge boom/bust pick.  He's one of those guys that you'll look back on and say he sunk my WR corps or he carried me to title contention.  From there I 3 rookies who likely won't amount to much.  Just hoping for one serviceable player here.  Williams and Shorts should each post 100 pts this year.  Not much upside, but downside should be limited.  Feels like a middle of the road group.  Grade C

Miller, Zach CHI TE

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

Chasing stats with these two.  Walker beat Gronk last year for the top spot.  Miller was ight there with him for a short stretch of games.  Should be well above average here.  Grade B

Hauschka, Steven SEA PK

Went with one which could be plenty.  Grade D+

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Who knows.  I got two Ds that historically have been good fantasy wise.. Grade C+

I'll need to mull on the overall evaluation.  Interested in any feedback.  Quick glance looks like the type of team that could contend but is heavy on the risk.

Team Holloway

QB - 2 - Like the two quarterbacks and suspect they can finish in the top third of our league. B+

RB - 5 - Waited really late to select running backs. My first was Yeldon at 85 overall. Riddick, Forsett, and Starks have all been successfully used in the passing game and should continue to get opportunities. Added a rookie with my next to last pick, Kenyan Drake who showed a lot of speed at Alabama and could surprise. Would have taken Tim Hightower ahead of him, but enjoy adding rookies to the mix to see where they go in this month's draft and the impact they may have. C-

WR - 6 - Love my top three taken at 12, 21 and 53. Mike Evans, easiest Tampa Bay's top receiver who should score more this year, Demaryius Thomas who fell off at the end of 15 and has a yet to be identified quarterback, and Fitzgerald who has always had success with Palmer. I followed that up with three rookies, who like Bass said could disappoint, but have a chance to provide some big weeks along the way, Corey Coleman at 149, WR57, Tyler Boyd at 236 WR77 and Sterling Shepard at 268 WR87. B+

TE - 3 - Would have taken Walker, but missed him by one. Still like Ertz at 44 and TE7, hoping for abundant targets like he was getting at the end of 15, but there is a new staff in town. I think that Watson, the smart efficient and elder player can still play a solid role, even on a new team and glad to get him at 181 and TE29. McDonald may or may not be the starting tight end in SF, but he should get playing time and felt he was worth the risk at 277 and TE32. B-

PK - 2 - Got the first kicker off the board in Gostkowski, one of the most consistent kickers in the NFL and on the efficient Patriots' offense. Added Novak with my last pick and hope that he keeps the job in Houston. B+

DST - 2 - Rams and Giants. meh, but got two. C

Enjoyed drafting with y'all and loved the pace, even though I got caught short a couple of times as I was out of town. Would enjoy critique of team if any of y'all have time. We have an excellent group here.

2.02 Cam Newton QB1 CAR
12.02 Robert Griffin QB30 CLE

Newton averaged a crazy 32 points a game last year.  Only 3 weeks under 20 points and none under 17. Not expecting that level of production again, but it is not out of the question with the way he runs the ball in the red zone and the return of his top WR and development of Funchess.  Ginn and Brown are big plays that can pop at any time and he has one of the best TE’s in the league.  Newton has taken that leap into elite fantasy level QB since it seems the light switch has been flipped. Griffin goes to the train wreck that is CLE but he should get every opportunity to start, and even bad teams produce some fantasy points.  

9.15 Rashad Jennings RB43 NYG
16.02 Chris Johnson RB62 ARZ
18.02 Christine Michael RB68 SEA

Getting DJ at 1.15 felt a little “gifty” as I have him at the top of my RB’s. Was able to handcuff him late with maybe one of the better handcuffs in the league (CJ) so I should have that on lockdown.  Could be weeks where they both score for this group.  Ellington does not worry me whatsoever. Anderson is being undervalued in these leagues so far IMO, RB13 here and RB12 in WSL2 seems crazy with some of the guys taken before him (IMO) and the scheme in DEN.  While the draft could change some things, I am assuming at this point it will not, so with that said, Jennings could trip over himself half the year and probably outperform RB43, feels as though he is sliding with people assuming he gets replaced.  He blew up to close out the season last year when they finally decided to give him the workload he deserved.  I smell value.  He may struggle to score for me each week but at least he won’t be scoring for others. Above average RB3 in this format IMO. Michael is the perfect way to round out this group, great situation, showed at the end of the year he can get it done.  I know he has had his chances and not done much in the past but that page may have been turned.  If Rawls gets dinged (again, already some concern he may not be totally back by Sept), I hit the jackpot, I’ll take that at RB68 in the 18th. I’ll put this group up against any other twice on Sunday. 

10.02 Vincent Jackson WR56 TB
11.15 Brandon Coleman WR67 NOS
15.15 Jeff Janis WR78 GB
20.02 Corey Brown WR102 CAR

Gets a little shaky here and I rolled the dice quite a bit. As I mentioned, I need Baldwin to be trending and not just a “he had a good stretch that one year”. Jones in a high volume passing offense with a nose for end zone. Austin underrated in this format.  Could use a little resurgence from VJ.  Coleman stepping in where Colston leaves would be nice.  For the price you pay for Cooks and Snead, I like the idea of waiting and snagging Coleman from that group Brees has. (6’6” 225….hmmmm) I expect Janis to assume the WR3 role in GB and be a steal in this format blowing his WR78 spot out the roof. Brown asserted himself down the stretch a little for CAR so I believe he will have a role in a pretty nice group of WR’s for Newton.  He may be down the pecking order, but has big play ability that can produce on limited touches.  Nothing sexy, but as a whole I think they are ok.  Coleman and Janis are my wild cards that could make or break this group and the fact that they both have solid QB’s throwing it to them helps. 

Have no idea what to expect here, could be solid to complete bust.  I’ll be happy with something in the middle and hope I can make up points elsewhere.  Barnidge finished TE4 in this format last year so on the surface it looks like a steal. One could argue that the QB situation there was a mess last year and it couldn’t have gotten much worse.  Maybe he still gets leaned on a ton by RG3 or whoever chucks it in CLE. Benjamin gone could be good or bad, I have no idea. Banking on the fact that there is a reason the hoody wanted Bennett.  No clue how this turns out, but I could be ok. 

13.15 Matt Prater PK16 DET
14.02 Adam Vinatieri PK19 IND

17.15 San Francisco 49ers DST26
19.15 Chicago Bears DST30

Two solid PK’s in domes who should see some opportunities.  Vinny’s should increase with a healthy Luck.  Think these two should easily keep me in the upper half. Two DST’s that are nothing to write home about so just hoping for some return TD’s here and there. 

Overall: Should be solid at QB, RB, and if I mixed the right drink at WR I could catch a buzz there too.  C’mon Coleman and Janis. Need my TE’s to surprise me a little and make me feel bad about doubting them. Feel my core is pretty solid and I have enough mix of upside guys to keep me in the hunt.  Enjoyed it guys, good luck.

:banned:

- One of the top QBs and a solid backup.  Assuming AR doesn't lose his best receiver again, he's actually added a couple tools and should be in for a nice rebound year.

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10), Duke Johnson (7.07), Tevin Coleman (14.10), Paul Perkins (20.10)

- I like this group quite a bit.  Gurley should be a top 5 RB with as good a chance as anyone to be #1, Murray should rebound well in Nashville, Duke should play a lesser version of his brother David but a solid #3.  I liked Tevin in college and think he can take time from Freeman - I might be :loco:  but I think he could be better than Freeman.  Perkins is the wildcard here. 

- An elder statesman who should be a solid 1 even if his QB is not good; Brown is a solid #2, then a few big play guys.  I mentioned it before but in any best ball format I'll be all over Wheaton/Coates at these prices.  Wallace might be a punk but he's in a much better spot now.  Strong has no business falling to the 16th - he was a 9th round pick in W1, 12th in W2, his team improved at QB since then... what am I missing?   I don't remember liking a WR corps I drafted in one of these this much. 

TE: Eric Ebron (6.10), Jacob Tamme (15.07), Hunter Henry (18.10)

- :X   worst group ever?

-  Two kickers with jobs, one on a playoff team one on a bad team. 

- a top defense and my home team.  :shrug:  

Overall I'm happy with this team.  TE might kill us, but maybe we get lucky?

About your tight ends Fubar, the rookie gets no respect......it's Hunter Henry! WPS!

Some of these PKs are going to disappoint owners. Coons will not be a guaranteed job. I bet 4 or 5 guys lose jobs

In the words of John Bender, "Not even close, bud!"

I went to war in last year's PDSL with Josh Hill, Ladarius Green, and the incomparable Troy Niklas. None of whom wound up even being the #1 TE on their own teams.  :wall:

Some of these PKs are going to disappoint owners. Coons will not be a guaranteed job. I bet 4 or 5 guys lose jobs
guaranteed?  probably not.  That (and he's a Brown) is why he was the 27th kicker taken.  But I'm willing to gamble a 17th round pick that he keeps the gig.

Your rookie "with average leg strength" must be a steal in the 14th.  I actually think he'll be decent, but ever since I drafted Mike Nugent as a rookie I've avoided rookie kickers.

QB:
6.12 - Tony Romo, QB DAL (QB14) - 7
7.05 - Eli Manning, QB NYG (QB16) - 8

RB:
4.12 - LeSean McCoy, RB BUF (RB17) - 10
5.05 - Jeremy Hill, RB CIN (RB21) - 9
9.05 - Shane Vereen, RB NYG (RB40) - 8
14.12 - Darren Sproles, RB PHI (RB55) - 4
20.12 - LeGarrette Blount, RB NE (RB80) - 9

WR: 
1.05 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU (WR4) - 9
3.05 - T.Y. Hilton, WR IND (WR23) - 10
8.12 - Travis Benjamin, WR SD (WR48) - 11
11.05 - Torrey Smith, WR SF (WR61) - 8
13.05 - Rishard Matthews, WR TEN (WR70) - 13
16.12 - Anquan Boldin, WR FA (WR81) - ?
18.12 - Kenny Stills, WR MIA (WR95) - 8

TE: 
2.12 - Greg Olsen, TE CAR (TE2) - 7
10.12 - Charles Clay, TE BUF (TE25) - 10

ST:
12.12 - Justin Tucker, PK BAL (PK5) - 8
15.05 - Dan Carpenter, PK BUF (PK24) - 10
17.05 - Cowboys, DST DAL (DST23) - 7
19.05 - Falcons, DST ATL (DST28) - 11

1st - With the top 3 WRs and Gronk off the board, the choice came down to Nuk or Bell. Both are solid options, but I had a feeling based on the WSL's that WRs would be flying off the board much faster than in years past, so wanted to get out in front of that wave. Hopkins probably won't get 200 targets again, but with Osweiler replacing last year's QB garbage fire the targets he does get should be more productive.

2nd - Sure enough, 17 WRs were already gone by 2.12, and Ingram was the only RB left that was even borderline 2nd-round value. So I went a different direction and snagged Olsen, the most reliable TE not born on the planet Krypton. In years past I might have (OK, probably would have) grabbed Reed instead, but I made the call to focus on floor as well as ceiling in this draft and I'm sticking to it.

3rd - Lacy was an appealing option here, but I already own a share of him in WSL, and Hilton was the last of a tier here before a substantial dropoff to the likes of Sanders / Maclin / Fitz. Don't think I've ever owned him before, but it's time to stop doubting his talent. With Luck back for a full season, he could make a run at 1,500 yards.  :ph34r:

4th - Still needed both QB and RB, and Shady again being the last of a tier made the call easier. Rex Ryan isn't suddenly going to have Tyrod chuck the ball 700 times, so regardless of the exact workload split between McCoy and Williams it will keep both backs fantasy-relevant. FWIW, Shady went two full rounds earlier in PDSL2. 

5th - Only four teams picked behind me in the 4th with 3 QBs still on the board I'd have been happy with. Alas, Ben, Russ, and Brady were all snatched up, so I decided to double up at RB with Hill. He's finished RB10 and RB13 in his two seasons, yet fell to RB21 despite no big changes in his situation. He should again get 200+ touches plus most of the goal-line work, and with the two-headed monster in Cinci it's very unlikely he'll face additional draft competition.

6th / 7th - Had my fingers crossed all the way back up the 6th round that Romo would fall to me, as he's a no-doubt top-10 option when healthy and I had enough of a foundation at my other positions to back him up right away. I weighed both Eli and Cousins coming back down, but again opted for floor over ceiling ... if Romo goes down again, I don't want to hitch this entire ship to a guy with a half-season track record. About the least sexy really productive QB combo you could draw up; neither one is a serious top-3 option but they're both virtual locks for top-12 to 15.

8th - Benjamin (and Torrey, and Stills) are all archetypes of my favorite SL sleeper - disparaged, somewhat accurately, for being 'one-trick ponies', but in this case it's 'one-trick' as in WIN YOUR BEST-BALL LEAGUE USING THIS 1 WEIRD OLD TRICK! Not having to pick and choose when to start these guys makes them much more attractive options than they would be otherwise. It's unlikely T-Ben (is "T-Ben" a thing? If not, it should be) will get the volume of targets he managed in Cleveland, but he doesn't need to in order to deliver value at WR48. Take it to the house, little man!

9th - SL owners are a lot smarter than the average bear and don't let me highway-rob PPR monsters at RB the way I do in other leagues, but their floor still makes owning them worthwhile even if I have to pay fair value. Vereen is basically irreplaceable in the Giants' offense, unless you think they're gonna start splitting Rashad Jennings out wide on 3rd-and-4. He won't win me weeks himself but should finish somewhere in the RB25-35 range at a RB40 price tag.

10th - Loved having Clay fall to me here as I'd have given serious thought to punting TE2 until very late otherwise. He's got enough talent to put up the occasional big week which will help my ceiling, and with Olsen up top I don't need to worry about the weeks where he disappears. 

11th - Has everyone forgotten that Chip Kelly likes to run a ton of offensive plays? Why is their top WR (for now, at least) going off the board at WR61? Also, :lmao:  that Torrey's combine 40 time of 4.41 wound up being only 4th-best among my WR corps.

12th - Old habits die hard, in this case my usual strategy of taking a stud PK (which are very predictable) early and waiting forever on DSTs (which are not). Tucker is a top PK in all formats, and he's young, which further reduces the chances of in-season injury.

13th - I like the Titans as a sleeper offense in '16 - they have top-half NFL receiving talent and I think their lack of performance was somewhat down to scheme. Also, Mariota got teed off on as a rookie, and hey, who could have predicted that when your top rushing threat was a 23yo UDFA with zero previous career carries? Murray changes that equation and should open up the field for Matthews, who I think can be an above-average #2 in this offense.

14th - As someone who watched every snap of the glorious trainwreck that was the Eagles' 2015, it's sadly undeniable that Sproles lost a step last year. Having said that, given his big-play ability and his unique role in that offense, I think it's nuts that he fell to the 14th, which is borderline dart-throw territory in these leagues. Another no-brainer pick here.

15th - If I had to draw a line between PKs who are guaranteed jobs on Week 1 and those who aren't, Carpenter would be just about straddling it. It is encouraging that the Bills took the trouble to restructure Carpenter's deal this offseason rather than cut him outright, meaning they still have some faith in him as "the guy" going forward.

16th - With 3 deep-threat WRs on my roster already, I figured 'Quan would provide a nice counterbalance. He's not finished by any stretch and already has his SB ring, so I don't see him accepting a token role on a contender if he can go somewhere that he'll get significant playing time. Honestly I think he'd be great on the Birds, as a possession guy / mentor to that really young squad..

17th / 19th - No real rhyme or reason when you get past DST20 or so, other than give me underperforming talent (Cowboys and Falcons) rather than dumpster fires of bad personnel and coaching (Niners, Browns, Saints) any day of the week, and pray for some positive regression.

18th - Mind if I ask everyone here a question? What exactly do y'all have against the nine route? Stills is another burner whom Gase says he plans to get more involved in the offense, and yeah, yada yada coachspeak, but it's not as though the Fins are exactly overflowing with WR options.

20th - Nothing big here. Just, you know, a guy who's got a fair probability to be the rushing TD leader on a team that's got a fair probability of being the highest-scoring in the league.

Overall: Pleasantly surprised how well this team looks top-to-bottom given that I really didn't come in with a strategy other than BPA and "stop taking so many unproven young guys". Lots of value fell to me in places I didn't expect it to (e.g. when you wait until 6.12 to take a QB you don't expect to fall into a Romo/Manning combo), but I think I also got good value on guys I won't necessarily want on my money-league teams but provide good value in the SL format. So, naturally, I anxiously await my completely inexplicable Week 1 flameout.  :scared:

Thanks to all for another fun draft and best of luck.  :thumbup:

guaranteed?  probably not.  That (and he's a Brown) is why he was the 27th kicker taken.  But I'm willing to gamble a 17th round pick that he keeps the gig.

Your rookie "with average leg strength" must be a steal in the 14th.  I actually think he'll be decent, but ever since I drafted Mike Nugent as a rookie I've avoided rookie kickers.
I guess you better read up on Agauyo. Talk he could go 2nd round of the NFL draft with his huge leg.  I will take my chances on him over one of these other guys. he is taking someones job this year. Charles Davis just did a piece on him

I guess you better read up on Agauyo. Talk he could go 2nd round of the NFL draft with his huge leg.  I will take my chances on him over one of these other guys. he is taking someones job this year. Charles Davis just did a piece on him

If you say so, I only directly quoted NFL.com

Strengths

Was Mr. Automatic during Florida State's successful run from 2013­-2014 and connected on 88.5 percent of his field goals during his career. Never missed a field goal from 39 yards and in during his three years at Florida State going 46-of-46. When it's time to tackle, he leverages returners against the sideline and has speed and athleticism to make the tackle. Leg strength on kickoffs improved with each year. Has outstanding 4.09 kickoff hang time. Unfazed by the moment.

Weaknesses

Saw his accuracy dip in 2015. Made just 5-of-9 field goals from 41 yards and beyond. Will occasionally lose track of a kickoff and knock it out of bounds. Only attempted six kicks of 50-plus yards during his career. While quality of kickoffs have improved, still doesn't have a booming kickoff leg.

Sources Tell Us

"I had our special teams coach watch tape on him after our season was over and he really liked him. It may be time for us to upgrade board." -- AFC scout

NFL Comparison

Graham Gano

Bottom Line

Burst onto the college scene by winning the Lou Groza Award as a redshirt freshman and performing at a high level during the Seminoles' run under Jameis Winston. Aguayo is considered an accurate, clutch kicker but with average leg strength. Aguayo is the first kicker to declare early for the draft since Sebastian Janikowski and is expected to be drafted, though not as early as "Seabass" was.

I'll write it again, I like the kid.  I think he'll be decent.  my only point was whether it's prudent to trust any rookie kicker.  Nugent sort of burned me, I ended up dropping him in the first month IIRC. 

- One of the top QBs and a solid backup.  Assuming AR doesn't lose his best receiver again, he's actually added a couple tools and should be in for a nice rebound year.

Can't complain about A-Rod in the mid-3rd, think you're right and he bounces back big-time this year. Not sure I'd have gone the Smith direction ... he's just as consistent as Rodgers but at a lower level, meaning he might be nothing but bye-week coverage. IMO Cutler would have been a better QB2 for you here.

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10), Duke Johnson (7.07), Tevin Coleman (14.10), Paul Perkins (20.10)

- I like this group quite a bit.  Gurley should be a top 5 RB with as good a chance as anyone to be #1, Murray should rebound well in Nashville, Duke should play a lesser version of his brother David but a solid #3.  I liked Tevin in college and think he can take time from Freeman - I might be :loco:  but I think he could be better than Freeman.  Perkins is the wildcard here. 

Gun to my head, if I have to predict who finishes RB1 in fantasy this year I'd take Gurley. Murray is solid value at RB15 as he has very little competition for two-down or GL duties in his new home - if you hadn't grabbed him and he was still there at 4.12 I'd have taken him over Shady. I have no idea what to make of Duke; I was high on Crowell coming into last season but he disappointed, so maybe Duke finds himself on the heavy end of that RBBC, in which case he'll be a solid RB3 type, but probably nothing more - it is Cleveland, after all. Other two guys are basically filler but you shouldn't need them much with two bellcows up top.

- An elder statesman who should be a solid 1 even if his QB is not good; Brown is a solid #2, then a few big play guys.  I mentioned it before but in any best ball format I'll be all over Wheaton/Coates at these prices.  Wallace might be a punk but he's in a much better spot now.  Strong has no business falling to the 16th - he was a 9th round pick in W1, 12th in W2, his team improved at QB since then... what am I missing?   I don't remember liking a WR corps I drafted in one of these this much. 

Others might be ambivalent on this crew but I really like them - it follows my WR template of one stud, a handful of deep threats, and one big body. I think you're gonna be a little more reliant on Wheaton / Wallace than I will on Benjamin / Torrey just because Hilton should score most weeks for me and not sure I can say the same about Brown. What you're "missing" about Strong is he got popped for drug possession last month and might get suspended :homer: - but assuming you don't need him in September he should score some weeks for you later on in the season. Really solid group here.

Eh, this group won't be your salvation but they're not a dumpster fire either. Ebron is gonna get an uptick in targets especially in the RZ with Megatron gone - still remains to be seen what he can do with them of course - while Tamme should start at least most of the season even if the Falcons draft a TE. If they happen to draft Henry it might be your best-case scenario as Ryan's never been shy about targeting his TEs (Tamme finished TE13 last year in this format, which I'll admit surprised even me).

-  Two kickers with jobs, one on a playoff team one on a bad team. 

- a top defense and my home team.  :shrug:  

Middle of the pack overall. Odds are Coons keeps his gig - off the top of my head there are at least 3-4 other teams whose PKs are more at risk, and I haven't heard anyone say there are 3-4 NFL-worthy kickers in this draft class. 11th round is a rich price to pay for a DST IMO but if I were to pay it, it would be on a team like SEA that has not just a great D but a ST weapon like Lockett.

Overall I'm happy with this team.  TE might kill us, but maybe we get lucky?

I've only run through the teams that are posted here, but yours stacks up pretty well against any of them. You should survive into the top half fairly easily and it wouldn't surprise me to see you in the final 4. Might need a real breakout from a guy like Ebron or Wheaton to take home a title though.  Good luck!

QB Matt Stafford(6), Jay Cutler(8)

Not the most spectacular duo but pretty happy here for waiting. I got 2 QB's who are fairly durable and will put up some numbers. I like the combo and think I dont have to rely on some of these bottom guys who might not even start. Than you got to rely on your QB each week and they have bad ones and you are gone since they score so well  B+

RB: Melvin Gordon(5), Darren McFadden(9), Isiah Crowell(11), Devonte Booker(12), Mike Davis(20)

Not sure about this core and could be my downfall. I expect Crowell to get TD's and McFadden to get receptions but rest unsure about. I really should have taken Forte. Booker is complete unknown and matter where drafted. Not sure about relying on Gordon to be lead back. He will improve but how much. Davis was a shot in the dark who is talented but how does he come back from injury Grade D

WR: Randall Cobb(2), Jordan Matthews(3), Michael Crabtree(4), Desean Jackson(7), Victor Cruz(15), Charles Johnson(18), Brandon Lafell(19)

Okay no true #1 WR but alot of good guys who should contribute each week. Cruz is well worth the risk and could put group over the top. I thought both Johnson and Lafell where excellent value as both could start for respective teams or see action in 3 WR sets for sure. I like this group B+

TE: Rob Gronkowski(1), Maxx Williams(10)

I got the best and got a young up and comer as his backup. I expect maxx to do better this year. Wish I had gotten others instead but you take what you get and he was the last of the list. But still this unit could be my saving grace unless Gronk goes out which I hope for every other league I am in A

PK: Dan Bailey, Robert Aguayo. Great PK with Romo back and good conditiions, Nice. The rookie who is best young Pk since Janikowski. He will be taking someones job as 4th round is the max he goes by the sound of it and it could be earlier as PK value in NFL will increase with new PAT. A-

This team is not bad but RB stops it from winning Lots of picks I would do different for sure. Why I like my PDSL2 team way better as things fell there until the last few rounds

Eh…C-      I actually really like the hookup between Roethlisberger and Brown.

19.01 (289) - Ka’Deem Carey, CHI RB72
Eh…C       Two rooks have this group looking mediocre right now.

20.16 (320) - Terrelle Pryor, CLE WR108/QB33* (see note below)
Eh…..C+        This group should hold its own.

B+    Two solid contributers.

C

C

Overall: C

So……haven’t done these in a few years and none since moving some of them to MFL for scoring. Not sure on protocol here so I’m going to ask. My last selection of (Mr. Irrelevant) Terrelle Pryor was made with a slight hedge. Cleveland hasn’t really stated (yet) which position Pryor will play this year….WR or QB. So, if Cleveland decides he will play QB and MFL changes his positional status will my team be able to use him at that position? Do we honor MFL’s change or am I stuck with him at WR? Has this come up in previous years? Basically, I’m asking how this will be handled if it comes up.

I apologize for not giving more of my thoughts on these players, just not up to it right now. Maybe I’ll come back and expand on my thoughts in the near future. It’s likely. 

Pleasure drafting with all of you. Best wishes for success in FF this year!!!

Rody

Eh…C-      I actually really like the hookup between Roethlisberger and Brown.

19.01 (289) - Ka’Deem Carey, CHI RB72
Eh…C       Two rooks have this group looking mediocre right now.

20.16 (320) - Terrelle Pryor, CLE WR108/QB33* (see note below)
Eh…..C+        This group should hold its own.

B+    Two solid contributers.

C

C

Overall: C

So……haven’t done these in a few years and none since moving some of them to MFL for scoring. Not sure on protocol here so I’m going to ask. My last selection of (Mr. Irrelevant) Terrelle Pryor was made with a slight hedge. Cleveland hasn’t really stated (yet) which position Pryor will play this year….WR or QB. So, if Cleveland decides he will play QB and MFL changes his positional status will my team be able to use him at that position? Do we honor MFL’s change or am I stuck with him at WR? Has this come up in previous years? Basically, I’m asking how this will be handled if it comes up.

I apologize for not giving more of my thoughts on these players, just not up to it right now. Maybe I’ll come back and expand on my thoughts in the near future. It’s likely. 

Pleasure drafting with all of you. Best wishes for success in FF this year!!!

Rody
Prior precedent says that Pryor's position priority will be based on his posted position in MFL each play period.

In other words if MFL lists him as a QB in week 9, you get QB points, if MFL lists him as a WR, you get WR points.

REVISED --- previously entered 2015 bye weeks. Both kickers on week 9 bye and both defenses on week 8 bye. Ertz is only TE on week 8 as well. Otherwise no problems.

Several players having week 9 byes, but that is the only week with six teams off. Two RBs, One WR, One TE and One PK. Overall not terrible and still have the four rookies to hopefully land on different bye weeks.
That info is wrong. I just checked a couple against this: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25555076/2016-nfl-schedule-release-broncos-panthers-super-bowl-rematch-kicks-off-season

They didn't match up. Must be last year's bye in MFL. When I just went to my team they were blank, but looking at that schedule, I'll probably get booted in week 9. My QB1 and WR1 will be out and my QB2 is @ SEA. :shock:

Prior precedent says that Pryor's position priority will be based on his posted position in MFL each play period.

In other words if MFL lists him as a QB in week 9, you get QB points, if MFL lists him as a WR, you get WR points.
Thanks for the clarification Bass!

QB Matt Stafford(6), Jay Cutler(8)

Not the most spectacular duo but pretty happy here for waiting. I got 2 QB's who are fairly durable and will put up some numbers. I like the combo and think I dont have to rely on some of these bottom guys who might not even start. Than you got to rely on your QB each week and they have bad ones and you are gone since they score so well  B+

When you can get a duo like this in the 6th and 8th rounds of a 16-teamer, more than ever I really question the wisdom of spending high picks at QB this year. I don't think either one of these are top-10 material, but in a best-ball league they have the combined ceiling to compete with most teams.

RB: Melvin Gordon(5), Darren McFadden(9), Isiah Crowell(11), Devonte Booker(12), Mike Davis(20)

Not sure about this core and could be my downfall. I expect Crowell to get TD's and McFadden to get receptions but rest unsure about. I really should have taken Forte. Booker is complete unknown and matter where drafted. Not sure about relying on Gordon to be lead back. He will improve but how much. Davis was a shot in the dark who is talented but how does he come back from injury Grade D

I might actually like this group less than you do, if that's possible. I don't mind having a couple of talented but injury-prone guys at RB/WR in these drafts where we go 20 deep, but along with D-Mac you have two guys with what I call HAMS risk (He Actually Might Suck) in Gordon (3.5 YPC) and Crowell (3.8 YPC). Beyond them you've got a rookie and a virtual unknown. Ugh. Yeah, you really should've taken Forte.

WR: Randall Cobb(2), Jordan Matthews(3), Michael Crabtree(4), Desean Jackson(7), Victor Cruz(15), Charles Johnson(18), Brandon Lafell(19)

Okay no true #1 WR but alot of good guys who should contribute each week. Cruz is well worth the risk and could put group over the top. I thought both Johnson and Lafell where excellent value as both could start for respective teams or see action in 3 WR sets for sure. I like this group B+

My only exception to picking injury-prone guys is I avoid dudes who might not play all season / ever again, since even 20-deep these roster spots are too valuable to zero one out all season (learned that lesson last year after taking Pitta as my TE2). So I don't like the Cruz pick, but that's the only fault I can find here. Nice mix of almost-studs and back-end guys, possession guys and deep threats, and going 7 deep means even if Cruz can't make it back you should have adequate bye-week coverage. I wouldn't trade them for any WR corps but mine  :P

TE: Rob Gronkowski(1), Maxx Williams(10)

I got the best and got a young up and comer as his backup. I expect maxx to do better this year. Wish I had gotten others instead but you take what you get and he was the last of the list. But still this unit could be my saving grace unless Gronk goes out which I hope for every other league I am in A

Ah, yes, the annual "I got Gronk, how far can I afford to punt my TE2" conundrum. I've always gone after a young backup with a high ceiling, figuring that if Gronk goes down I'm probably boned anyway so I might as well shoot for the moon. So you could have done a lot worse than Maxx. Obviously going to be lapping the competition here, question is will it be by enough PPG to make up for your RBs?

PK: Dan Bailey, Robert Aguayo. Great PK with Romo back and good conditiions, Nice. The rookie who is best young Pk since Janikowski. He will be taking someones job as 4th round is the max he goes by the sound of it and it could be earlier as PK value in NFL will increase with new PAT. A-

I got Aguayo in the WSLs and was planning to take him again here at 15.05  :hot: . 100% agree that he's going to get drafted in the first 100 picks and he's 95% likely to take someone's job, because no one's spending a top-100 pick on a specialist if all they've got is a vague notion he can beat out their current dude. Not sure who your DSTs are but they can't be bad enough to keep this group from being above-average.

This team is not bad but RB stops it from winning Lots of picks I would do different for sure. Why I like my PDSL2 team way better as things fell there until the last few rounds

I think it says a lot about the quality of drafters here that IMO if you'd made maybe two picks differently (out of 20), my opinion of your team would have gone from "a little above average" to "definite title contender". You really don't have any holes outside of RB, and if your 5th and 9th-rounders were maybe Forte / Vereen instead of Gordon / McFadden your floor there would be high enough that I'd love this squad. As it is you'll contend, and who knows, Gordon could live up to his first-round status and you could find youself in serious contention. Good luck!   :football:

Users who are viewing this thread