What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2017 NHL Off-Season Thread *** (3 Viewers)

he's still really young for a goalie, no way you can write him off as a bust yet.  I'm sure Boston would have liked to keep him but had to risk it with the way Khudobin has played.  very nice zero risk grab for Vegas.
There was speculation that Vegas might grab him in the expansion draft, so this wasn't a surprise.

But ideally I think they wanted Subban to be further along in his development at this point. They gave him a couple of cameos, including the one memorable game in St. Louis a couple of seasons ago when he got chased after one period and went right back to Providence afterward.

Khudobin hasn't been nearly as reliable a backup to Rask as he was in his first stint with the team. They really need someone they can trust for 20-25 games, and I don't know if they have anyone that can do that right now.

There was speculation that Vegas might grab him in the expansion draft, so this wasn't a surprise.

But ideally I think they wanted Subban to be further along in his development at this point. They gave him a couple of cameos, including the one memorable game in St. Louis a couple of seasons ago when he got chased after one period and went right back to Providence afterward.

Khudobin hasn't been nearly as reliable a backup to Rask as he was in his first stint with the team. They really need someone they can trust for 20-25 games, and I don't know if they have anyone that can do that right now.
Chad Johnson, where have you gone?

sure you like a higher pick to develop faster but goalies are typically slow. most don't break into the NHL until mid to late 20s and he's only 23.  no way is he a bust at this point.

when I say Khudobin has been good I mean this year in camp and preseason. they've been raving about him and he posted a 1.51 and .948.  he won the battle and forced their hand. tough to carry 3.  so they risked it.

Canes are going to keep Neces and Kuokkanen up.  They are young but have skill the team needs.  But their stay might be short.  Future is bright but might not be this year but with Darling in net and a stack d that plays d well, I got high Homer hopes again.

BTW....I targeted all Canes players 20 ahead of their adp.  Missed on many, did I undervalue or do you guys do it to #### me off.  Anyway, I take it personal.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Canes are going to keep Neces and Kuokkanen up.  They are young but have skill the team needs.  But their stay might be short.  Future is bright but might not be this year but with Darling in net and a stack d that plays d well, I got high Homer hopes again.

BTW....I targeted all Canes players 20 ahead of their adp.  Missed on many, did I undervalue or do you guys do it to #### me off.  Anyway, I take it personal.  ;)
I only drafted Teravainen, but don't think I reached much.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a IC Alkies meltdown when I made the pick though, but that's true for every Canes pick I've ever made.  :lmao:  

I only drafted Teravainen, but don't think I reached much.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a IC Alkies meltdown when I made the pick though, but that's true for every Canes pick I've ever made.  :lmao:  
He has taken a step during preseason, I was hoping he was undervalued.  

I had almost back to back picks.  Skinner and Aho were in the 90's

I was going to take them with my 5th and 6th.  

I had Darling peg 7th, but 20 picks later.  He was 160.  Got sniped but like to win here against better minds but if I lose I want to have my boys when I watch the games.  But I knew it was personal so..... :D

you don't like Darling?

love the Canes this year. should have broken out two years ago if they could get any sort of competent goaltending. go Darling

you don't like Darling?
Love him with that d.  The cheatsheet I printed out for the draft had Cam 20th goalie and Darling 36.  So I threw that printout in the draft and just draft by yahoo and my minor research.  I took Price after you took Murray.  But my plan was to get Darling as a value pick as my 2nd.  As things happened I got sniped everywhere and took Allen because I couldn't find a skater I wanted there.  

Glad I did because I would have never got Darling.  

He has had a minor injury, he has puck control issues.  But with that d, he could be top 10 imo.  But ask me in a month after I have seen every game.

Love him with that d.  The cheatsheet I printed out for the draft had Cam 20th goalie and Darling 36.  So I threw that printout in the draft and just draft by yahoo and my minor research.  I took Price after you took Murray.  But my plan was to get Darling as a value pick as my 2nd.  As things happened I got sniped everywhere and took Allen because I couldn't find a skater I wanted there.  

Glad I did because I would have never got Darling.  

He has had a minor injury, he has puck control issues.  But with that d, he could be top 10 imo.  But ask me in a month after I have seen every game.
Oh, I read that wrong

Users who are viewing this thread