What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Playoff Contest (1 Viewer)

Love the chart @Ignoratio Elenchi - my entry is not included, but I also am one of the all in on Green Bay and Pittsburgh. I have seven players from each team. Hard to believe that there is a team with 19 players from those two teams. Is there any way that you could post that team and also the team with 17 for that same matchup?

Great work here!

Love the chart @Ignoratio Elenchi - my entry is not included, but I also am one of the all in on Green Bay and Pittsburgh. I have seven players from each team. Hard to believe that there is a team with 19 players from those two teams. Is there any way that you could post that team and also the team with 17 for that same matchup?

Great work here!
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/104455.php

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/103239.php

Only have 11 players from GB-NE but I do have most of the top WR's from both teams so I think I might have a chance if its a GB-NE SB. if Jordy is able to get healthy.

Code:
Eli Rogers               $13     

Thomas Rawls             $13     
Doug Baldwin             $20     

Aaron Rodgers            $33     
Jordy Nelson             $25      2.30 
Davante Adams            $18     26.50 
Randall Cobb              $5     

Tom Brady                $34     
LeGarrette Blount        $22     
Julian Edelman           $21      0.00 
Chris Hogan               $9      0.00 
Malcolm Mitchell          $8      0.00 
Martellus Bennett        $13      0.00 
New England Patriots     $16      0.00 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                           130.30 
CUTOFF                           91.90

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like GB is the most overrepresented team and DAL is the most underrepresented team, compared to their odds of making it to the Super Bowl.

Ugh...got cute with it and put most of my big $ on players I expect to go 2-3 games...meaning mostly Patriots, Cowboys, Chiefs, Falcons. Figured the first week wouldn't need a big score  so had 8 or 9 players on bye and didn't even have a QB. Missed the cut by like 10.

:(

One of those is me. I went all in on a Pittsburgh/Atlanta Super Bowl because I figured 2 Steelers could carry me through this week (which they did -  barely and only because I removed Boswell and added Baldwin at the zero hour) and because I figured a lot of people might be heavy on Pats (especially) and Cowboys.

A PIT/ATL Super Bowl is still kind of a long shot but if it happens, I'll have a real chance at a prize with Ben, Bell, Antonio, J. James, Hooper, Coates, Ryan, Julio, Gabriel, Devonta, and Tevin all playing in the SB.
I don't get this. Don't the rules state that no more than 2 players from any given NFL team count in any given week? So having 8 is a handicap to earlier weeks and having one or two longshots to score isn't all that big an advantage Super Bowl week?

I don't get this. Don't the rules state that no more than 2 players from any given NFL team count in any given week? So having 8 is a handicap to earlier weeks and having one or two longshots to score isn't all that big an advantage Super Bowl week?
One or two guys scoring 4-5 points each in the Super Bowl can easily be what makes the difference between 1st and 10th.

No more than 2 players count in any given week, until the Super Bowl.  In the Super Bowl all players count, so you want as many of them as possible. 

I have 10 and thought that was pretty low. I'm not posting my roster either yet, but curious to know how many guys you have.

I guess I don't feel so bad. I overestimated the difficulty of making it through the first few rounds so even though I didn't expect Miami and NYG to make it through, I had them rostered so that I had enough to get to round 2. So I wasted $39. I don't remember playing this contest in the past. And I would say that this would be a good learning experience for next year, but I have a hard time believing I'll subscribe again.

Entry 100836

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Ajayi                $11     
Jarvis Landry             $9     

Ben Roethlisberger       $36     
LeVeon Bell              $40     

Russell Wilson           $29     

Odell Beckham Jr         $19     

Geronimo Allison          $4     

Matt Ryan                $25     
Julio Jones              $18     

Ezekiel Elliott          $26     
TOTAL                           152.05 
CUTOFF                           91.90

Those eliminated by a whisker shouldn't feel bad.  You have to dance with the cutoff in the first two weeks to have a chance.  Remember this contest only pays 12 deep and really only the first 4 prizes are worth most FBGs time to go to the bank/atm.

Prizes:

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

1st place: $1,000 + lifetime subscription
2nd place: $250 + lifetime subscription
3rd place: $200 + lifetime subscription
4th place: $100 + 2017  subscription
5th place: $75 + 2017 subscription
6th place: $50 + 2017 subscription
7th - 12th place: $30

Well it looks like I picked the wrong horse going with Dallas.Should move on to next week but no shot at doing anything.

rustycolts said:
Well it looks like I picked the wrong horse going with Dallas.Should move on to next week but no shot at doing anything.
Tried the ol reverse voo doo  jinx it almost worked.What a game.Well my fantasy season is over been a pretty good year.Good luck to everyone who still has a  shot at this contest.

Missed by 12 dammit. 13 combined packers and patriots including the QBs but losing Nelson, not having Cobb or cook or Lewis killed me. Oh well....

Those eliminated by a whisker shouldn't feel bad.  You have to dance with the cutoff in the first two weeks to have a chance.  Remember this contest only pays 12 deep and really only the first 4 prizes are worth most FBGs time to go to the bank/atm.

Prizes:

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

1st place: $1,000 + lifetime subscription
2nd place: $250 + lifetime subscription
3rd place: $200 + lifetime subscription
4th place: $100 + 2017  subscription
5th place: $75 + 2017 subscription
6th place: $50 + 2017 subscription
7th - 12th place: $30
That's good to keep in mind.  No need to play it "safe" really. 

Scooted by on the strength of Eli Rogers 7.7, I'll need one more monster week out of him.

Will definitely reconsider early round strategies next year.

That's good to keep in mind.  No need to play it "safe" really. 
Exactly.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in the contest who have no clue how to win the thing and just pick the "best" team they can come up with in the hopes of surviving a few rounds, which is meaningless.  I (barely) underestimated how many of those teams there would be.

Exactly.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in the contest who have no clue how to win the thing and just pick the "best" team they can come up with in the hopes of surviving a few rounds, which is meaningless.  I (barely) underestimated how many of those teams there would be.

Not that I was rooting against you, but not too sorry to see you go GB.  Hopefully lots of PIT backers got eliminated.

Still in :D

151.8 w/ Rodgers, Nelson, Bell, Brown, Julio, Blount for next week

Here's to hoping Nelson is back!

Wow. Out at 121.45

Had a GB PIT SB with two Seattle guys. Figured that would be enough, but it wasn't.
I went basically the same route, with Edelman as my only non Pitt or GB player.  I knew it would be tough to advance but given the payout structure I was playing to win it all.   

Cant believe im out with all my players still alive, well the jordy injury hurt, but man..

Code:
                                   18     19  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeVeon Bell              $40      

Christine Michael         $5      4.70   0.00 
Jordy Nelson             $25      2.30   0.00 
Ty Montgomery            $18      9.80  
Davante Adams            $18     26.50  12.60 
Randall Cobb              $5      13.20 

Tom Brady                $34      
LeGarrette Blount        $22       3.10 
Dion Lewis               $17      0.00  
Chris Hogan               $9      0.00  13.50 
Malcolm Mitchell          $8      0.00   0.00 
Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00  12.00

A quick scan of the top 12 scorers from this week shows that none of them actually knew the rules of the contest.
Had 161 this week. The max 8 players going next week, including 3 QBs. And a possible 12 player NE-ATL SB. SIgh. If only more people actually knew the rules and the cut was one point lower last week. :wall:

The every Kicker and GBP team is still alive!!  :excited:  Huge week for Kickers #runthetable

Dark Matter

This entry is still alive.

18     19  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sebastian Janikowski      $6      2.00   0.00 

Nick Novak                $8     13.00  13.00 

Andrew Franks             $5      9.00   0.00 

Chris Boswell            $17      7.00  26.00 

Matt Prater               $5     12.00   0.00 

Steve Hauschka           $13     10.00   9.00 

Robbie Gould              $8      9.00   0.00 

Aaron Rodgers            $33     42.10  30.40 
Christine Michael         $5      4.70   0.00 
Aaron Ripkowski           $5      8.20   2.40 
Jordy Nelson             $25      2.30   0.00 
Ty Montgomery            $18      9.80  26.10 
Davante Adams            $18     26.50  12.60 
Randall Cobb              $5     34.60  13.20 
Geronimo Allison          $4      1.80   7.60 
Jared Cook               $10     12.30  25.40 
Richard Rodgers           $3      0.00  10.90 
Mason Crosby             $13      9.00  16.00 

Cairo Santos             $10      0.00   6.00 

Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00  12.00 

Matt Bryant              $12      0.00  12.00 

Dan Bailey               $11      0.00  18.00 

TOTAL                           138.70 152.50 
CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40 

i'm still alive...what were the rules...

Entry 104870

Code:
                                   18     19  

DeAndre Hopkins          $12      

Jay Ajayi                $11      

Ben Roethlisberger       $36      

Eli Manning              $17      
Odell Beckham Jr         $19      

Jordy Nelson             $25       0.00 
Richard Rodgers           $3      0.00  

Julian Edelman           $21      
Martellus Bennett        $13      

Matt Ryan                $25      

Dak Prescott             $25      
Cole Beasley             $10      

TOTAL                           116.80 165.40 
CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40

i'm still alive...what were the rules...
I guess the unwritten rules are that you're only supposed to stack players from the two teams you think will be in the superbowl, thus keeping the cut line much lower?  *shrug*

After taking some random samplings, I don't think my Eli Rogers/Cobi Hamilton will add enough to GB/NE to get me past the fluff this week.

I guess the unwritten rules are that you're only supposed to stack players from the two teams you think will be in the superbowl, thus keeping the cut line much lower?  *shrug*
I sense the sarcasm but it seems dumb to enter a contest without knowing the rules and therefore have basically no chance to win, right?

Stilll alive with a nice blend of the 4 teams left.....Not sure I have the horses to win it all though

LeVeon Bell              $40    30.40 17.60
Ladarius Green           $14      0.00   0.00
Pittsburgh Steelers      $15    11.00 5.00

Matt Prater               $5    12.00 0.00

Aaron Rodgers            $33    42.10 30.40
Ty Montgomery            $18      9.80 26.10
Davante Adams            $18    26.50  12.60
Mason Crosby             $13      9.00  16.00

Julian Edelman           $21    0.00 22.90
Martellus Bennett        $13    0.00   1.90
Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00 12.00

Matt Ryan                $25    0.00 34.60
Devonta Freeman          $20    0.00 20.50

TOTAL                           122.00 169.10
CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40

I sense the sarcasm but it seems dumb to enter a contest without knowing the rules and therefore have basically no chance to win, right?
If the cut line remains high because entries were aiming for players in the conference final teams vs just the Superbowl team(s), how did they not understand the rules?  If the cutline remains high and knocks out those that stacked a team for the Superbowl, do their chances of winning not increase?

If you're stacking a team, knowing the rules that only 2 of those players scores count until the Super Bowl, you're at just as much a risk of not making it outta the first round then the person who makes it into the finals w/ only 3 or 4 eligible players because they correctly projected high scorers thru the first few rounds?  Sure, a Super Bowl lineup looks awesome right now w/ 8-10 guys projected for the finals, but if you're already knocked out because only 4 of those scores counted what good does it do you?

That being said, I would definitely take a different approach with my team next year and not waste $$ on players I thought had a higher chance of getting knocked out in round 1 and use it for the players that I thought had a higher chance

Until then, I'll be in full cheer mode that that Rodgers, Nelson, Bell, and Brown make the SB and the points from Blount and Julio help me get there fully knowing that I have no chance of winning it all ;)

I'm still alive, but don't think I have much of a chance, even if I make it through next week.  I I hedged my bets somewhat; I went with Pitt from the AFC, but only 3 guys & I have 2 NE players.  In the NFC, I have 4 Packers & 3 Falcons.  So, best case (IF I advance next week), I will have at most 7 players, and as few as 5 in the SB.  Based on what I'm reading, some entries are going to have 12 or 13 guys in the SB, it they picked the right team.  I didn't feel supremely confident in any 1 team, so I tried to pick the final four with decent amount of players, and slightly more for the 2 teams I "want" to get to the SB.  Teams that loaded up on GB/Pitt will win this, if the Championship games go the way I'd like to see them go.

Gut feeling here but if you have 7 or more players in the SB, you have a shot at winning.  5 or 6 players can get you a top 10 finish depending on how the game goes.  But if you guaranteed yourself only 4 players in the SB no matter what, enjoy that 20th place finish?

Part of why the cutline was higher is that there were more entries this year: 6284 entries this year vs. 5522 last year (and even fewer in 2012-14). In other words, about 2284 teams got cut this year vs. 1522 last year. The huge fantasy games from Pittsburgh & Green Bay probably contributed too.

I was lucky to have my squad squeak by with 96.5. Cobb saved me from my mistake of underestimating the cutline; in hindsight I was unreasonably aggressive about putting money into my Super Bowl matchup. But I guess that's good news for my chances going forward.
IMO you picked the SB teams right and if you make it there, you are a favorite. However, I'm guessing you don't make the cut next week.
Wrong on both counts. I survived this week but am out of contention with the Cowboys loss. Them's the breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread