What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2017 Preseason Observations Thread** (1 Viewer)

Tion Green, the next Lions RB Legend is tearing it up tonight.    :unsure:
It's funny, as I fan I was barely watching but kept looking up to the screen wondering WhoTF is that? He showed really good burst and vision even if were backups v backups. Where have they been stashing this guy?

If I go to hell, I suspect I will be subjected to watching a never ending stream of week 4 preseason games...
I can't imagine anybody watching that garbage when there's real actual football on ESPN.   That being said, I'll check in and read the thoughts of those who did in here.  

Thanks!

Sloter should be in a legit competition with Siemian for the Brocos starting QB job. Would be hilarious if they cut him (though maybe unlikely now with the Lynch injury).

What I'm gathering from this final slate of preseason games when it comes to RBs..

TB - No Quizz or Sims. I don't think they split work evenly but Sims will see a decent amount come week 1

WAS - Perine started and didn't do much, I'm guessing they still want to see more from him

NYG - No Perkins. Darkwa got the first carry but him and Vereen mixed in evenly.

NE - No Gillislee, Burkhead, White or Lewis. I thought we might see Lewis.

CHI - No Cohen. We didn't see much of Cohen last week either which makes me think they're saving him

CLE - No Crow or Duke which isn't a surprise.

PIT - No Conner, Toussaint or even Davis (kind of odd)

CAR - CAP and Whittaker mixed in early, CAP is prob the direct JStew replacement and not worth much

NYJ - No Forte but it's beyond me that they let Powell play (along with McCown who was injured)

PHI - Looks like Clement and Pumphrey are battling for a roster spot, Pumphrey has been the least impressive

CIN - No Hill, Mixon or Gio which isn't a surprise

IND - No Gore, Turbin or Mack which isn't a surprise

GB - Williams started but Jones seemed to out perform him by a fair margin, this is worth monitoring 

LAR - no surprises here, Brown didn't play and is the direct back-up to Gurley

DET - No Zenner or Washington, they know what they have with them

BUF - We saw a lot of Williams early here and he looked good as usual, I find it slightly odd that he saw work

ATL - No Ward, he's obviously 3rd on the depth chart

SF - No Brieda which means I think it's safe to say he's the 2nd string RB

SEA - Carson got work early followed by Prosise, Carson did really well on a blitz pick-up

If you want the TL:DR version I think Cohen being held out, Jones pushing Williams and Brieda being the obvious #2 are the most important takeaways from these games.

Hi  :yes: . McFadden healthy scratch. That was quick.
1. The discussion was which RB is the one to own when Elliott doesn't play

2. I'm sorry that a post from a month ago about a backup running back means so much to you that you had to race here when the inactives came out for this evening's game. That sucks :(

1. The discussion was which RB is the one to own when Elliott doesn't play

2. I'm sorry that a post from a month ago about a backup running back means so much to you that you had to race here when the inactives came out for this evening's game. That sucks :(
Lol nice deflect. Just take your crow and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread