What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JuniorGong said:
Did he win 11 titles as a player? 

Did he win 2 titles as a coach?

If the answer is yes to both the above questions than it stands to reason he won 13 titles as a player and a coach.
In Magic Johnson's rookie year he played center for one game when Jabbar got hurt.  Does he get a title as a PG and a title as a C for that year?

Criteria for GOAT discussion:

3 or more titles

NBA Finals MVP on 50% or more of championships won

2 or more MVPs OR 1 DPOY

2 or more seasons of leading league in ppg, rpg, apg, bpg, or spg. OR avg triple double for 1 season. 

Top 10 all time in points, rebounds, or assists. 

Top what in PER and win share would be equivalent?

who would this leave?

Another requirement should be that you have to do those things against a league filled with several hundred elite professional athletes selected from a pool of tens of millions of worldwide hopefuls instead of a couple dozen 5'10" guys taking a few months off from their accounting jobs to enjoy a hobby.

the entire Colangelo family seems like just a disgusting group of people. Why the hell the NBA seemed fit to put this albatross on the Sixers is beyond me, and how they have not admitted to this gross misconduct is just terrible as well. It is funny because Silver seems to do well with some things, but man when they get something wrong they really get it wrong:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/jerry-colangelo-conducts-radio-interview-while-claiming-less-said-better-about-bryan-colangelo/

F this guy man:   "After being recruited to go there and help the franchise, help ownership kind of restructure, because they were in a terrible losing mode, and it was embarrassing to a lot of people. The league, ownership, the people of Philadelphia, the media, etc." just delusional...

In Magic Johnson's rookie year he played center for one game when Jabbar got hurt.  Does he get a title as a PG and a title as a C for that year?
Pretty sure it was his idea too. He went to Riley and told him to do it.  So he gets another .66 for the brillant coaching decision. 

Andre Drummond said he is making at least 200 corner 3-pointers every day this summer.

Over the course of his six-year career, Drummond is just 5-of-30 (16.7 percent) from behind the arc. However, it appears that will change starting next season. "I make at least 200 corner 3s every day before I leave the gym. I'm getting them up. I'm getting the same shot up over and over again, so I'm getting more comfortable with it. It's been great so far," said Drummond. "It's something the coaches and I talked about it." We have seen centers such as Brook Lopez and Marc Gasol extend their range dramatically in just one season. If Drummond can add a consistent 3-point shot to his arsenal, his fantasy value would spike

As if this team didn't already have the most punchable face in the NBA. Now we get to watch almost 14 feet of grown men, making 60+ million dollars a year float around the 3 point line jacking up 3's at a solid 28 percent clip. 

this guy is a vile human being who lies more than he can remember the truth, but he may be right here:

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!

Lebron has ruined his legacy chasing his flaunting dream of wanting to host and produce game shows. Should have went to the Sixers, now he has ruined his entire career and life, and the life of his next 2 generations.  :no:             

To add, NBA off-season is fun for like 5 weeks. then it turns into maybe the 3rd worst off-season after that.

this guy is a vile human being who lies more than he can remember the truth, but he may be right here:

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!

Lebron has ruined his legacy chasing his flaunting dream of wanting to host and produce game shows. Should have went to the Sixers, now he has ruined his entire career and life, and the life of his next 2 generations.  :no:             

To add, NBA off-season is fun for like 5 weeks. then it turns into maybe the 3rd worst off-season after that.
Wat?

The fact that you and Trump agree on something sports related should make you automatically rethink your position. 

The fact that you and Trump agree on something sports related should make you automatically rethink your position. 
a broken clock is correct 2 minutes a day. think he used it up for a good month or 2. Dude should have joined the Sixers and actually put time in with the team preparing for next season, rather than advertise for his kid's AAU team, and coach the kids up to all be selfish. 

Last edited by a moderator:

When your own hot takes are indiscernible from those of Trump, maybe its time to step away from the basketball opining for a while.

Is this some sort of schtick?

For someone that claims to be so smart on basketball this sure is dumb. 
Sorry, just making a goof about how his horrible 3FG% would be the same as the GOAT.  With your body of work ITT I would be hesitant calling anything dumb.  Isn't there a DJAX post you haven't responded to yet?

can we see your rankings of the sports' off-seasons?

hmm.. 

NFL

NBA

NHL 

MLB

plenty of the fringe sports would be around here too, but i assume you mean the big 4.

Building a retaining wall in 90 degree heat, so i'm open for any and all questions to distract me from going back outside
all sports are welcome

Did you really just say the guy ruined his legacy the week he opened a school for at-risk children? 

That San Antonio number is a joke. I want to hammer that. 
I understand that the perception is they are essentially replacing 9 games of an injured Leonard with what should be a full season of DeRozan, but there are a lot of reasons to think this season is about to bomb. Nearly the entire team, save Murray and Poeltl, are past their primes. They just acquired one of the leading mid-range shooters in DeRozan, to team with their stable of mid-range shooters (Gasol, Aldridge, Gay). They aren't only replacing Leonard, they are also replacing Green and Kyle Anderson, two starters from last season. There were clearly some locker room issues last season, but maybe with Parker (not sure how much of a problem he was, but he did seem to piss Leonard off) and Leonard gone, that is a non issue.

I would take the over, but I wouldn't feel good about it. 

I understand that the perception is they are essentially replacing 9 games of an injured Leonard with what should be a full season of DeRozan, but there are a lot of reasons to think this season is about to bomb. Nearly the entire team, save Murray and Poeltl, are past their primes. They just acquired one of the leading mid-range shooters in DeRozan, to team with their stable of mid-range shooters (Gasol, Aldridge, Gay). They aren't only replacing Leonard, they are also replacing Green and Kyle Anderson, two starters from last season. There were clearly some locker room issues last season, but maybe with Parker (not sure how much of a problem he was, but he did seem to piss Leonard off) and Leonard gone, that is a non issue.

I would take the over, but I wouldn't feel good about it. 
i was thinking more about this this morning, especially with the presumed regression from Aldridge, but I still think that it is enough talent for Pop to be able to do enough in the regular season.

NBA seas wins

Atl 23.5
Bos 57.5
Brk 32.5
Cha 35.5
Chi 27.5
Cle 30.5
Dal 34.5
Den 47.5
Det 37.5
GS 62.5
Hou 54.5
Ind 47.5
LAC 35.5
LAL 48.5
Mem 34.5
Mia 41.5
Mil 46.5
Min 44.5
NO 45.5
NY 29.5
OKC 50.5
Orl 31.5
Phi 54.5
Phx 28.5
Prt 41.5
Sac 25.5
SA 43.5
Tor 54.5
Uth 48.5
Wsh 44.5
where did you grab these? they were out a few weeks ago, hit Lakers under 50.5 a lot. Seems others may have too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread