What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manu retires. *Standing O* Will we ever see another EveryreadyBunny, Havlicek-type player out-hustling everybody & schooling folks he's got no business schooling have that kind of impact on the game again?

Kraft... said:
Manu a HOFer?
There are NBA HOFers i would choose after Manu in a game of pickup, but i don't know that he was ever among the Top 25 players in the game during his career. I'd like all Halls of Fame to be smaller so, even after my earlier encomium, i'd say no.

Capella said:
1st ballot. 
Yep.  I’d bet he’s first in line in the International queue.  Best South American player of all time, alpha of the only non-USA Olympic goal medal winner since USA started sending pros, All-EuroLeague with a EuroLeague title and Finals MVP before he joined the NBA.  Add a fringe HOF career in the NBA and this an easy, easy call.

Didn't see a thing in there that shows Simmons has upped his game. Also, Bags aint a stitch over 6'8 but is a better shooter than i thought.

i'd be in if I can get either Embiid or Simmons. Hard to talk smack if I don't have either of those guys. And I would draft 0 Celtics, so there is my draft strategy
That's why we're a good team.  We got Simmons and 2 deeply discounted Celtics.  And now that the season is over you don't have to hope they keep playing well.

David West announcing his retirement is an under the radar loss for Golden State.  Even as his time on the court shrunk the past few seasons he was still a very, very effective player on a per minute basis.  More importantly, he still demanded respect in the locker room and could hold the stars of the team accountable when needed.

David West announcing his retirement is an under the radar loss for Golden State.  Even as his time on the court shrunk the past few seasons he was still a very, very effective player on a per minute basis.  More importantly, he still demanded respect in the locker room and could hold the stars of the team accountable when needed.
Love guys who are jackholes AND great teammates. *tips cap*

That's why we're a good team.  We got Simmons and 2 deeply discounted Celtics.  And now that the season is over you don't have to hope they keep playing well.
you probably never have to worry about any of that at this point, since I assume that the WIS servers have been burned up and buried in a cave at this point

also now they have one less cheapshot practitioner so thats gotta hurt on the cheapshot front take that to the bank brohan 

also now they have one less cheapshot practitioner so thats gotta hurt on the cheapshot front take that to the bank brohan 
Lot of slack to be picked up on this front with no Zaza AND no West.  Is Draymond going to have any help dishing them out?

i hope that some day chris paul plays in that three on three league with two other guards so that when he cheap shots someone and talks tough there will literally be no one to hold him back bro and he will get what he has coming take that to the bank brochachos 

Didn't see a thing in there that shows Simmons has upped his game. Also, Bags aint a stitch over 6'8 but is a better shooter than i thought.
IDK, wikkid, I've stood next to Bags (2 years ago when he was in HS).  Dude was every bit of 6'10" then.  Looked like a freaking tree walking through the gas station.

Interesting. 

Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.

Interesting. 

Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.
Suns are basically paying $8m for Melton? That seems too steep. They must think they are getting something out of Anderson too, but :lmao: at the defense when he, Booker, and Ayton are out on the floor together.  

Hope Melton pans out or a very weird deal.

And I expected little to nothing from Knight (not a PG) or Chriss (both he and Bender have such low basketball IQ's)

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Hope Melton pans out or a very weird deal.

And I expected little to nothing from Knight (not a PG) or Chriss (both he and Bender have such low basketball IQ's)
hmm, don't get many Phoenix games here on the East coast, but i thought Chriss had some potential. 

thecatch said:
Suns are basically paying $8m for Melton? That seems too steep. They must think they are getting something out of Anderson too, but :lmao: at the defense when he, Booker, and Ayton are out on the floor together.  
I guess if a 2nd-round pick costs up to $3.5 million and Melton may have a bit more upside than most 2nd rounders, then it is close (???).  although buying the pick doesn't count against the cap, so really not a good comparison.

PHX cap management perplexing in general.

Moe. said:
Interesting. 

I like this. I did a similar thing as Atlanta's GM in our Basketball Forum(shshsh)'s mock draft earlier this summer. Traded Plumlee contract (offered either him, Baze or Schroder) and pick 1.19 to Phx GM for Knight & Chriss. Morey could look genius if CP3 & Harden str8ten Chriss's act out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread