What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 College Football Thread: Local man buys some teenage champions a 4 for 4 (6 Viewers)

Actually, the quote is this:
Or this:

"If you intentionally lie about committing violations, your career is over," Meyer said during a call-in radio show on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus, per ESPN. "You're not suspended for two games (or) some of the silly penalties you have, you can't talk to a recruit for a week and a half or something like that. No. You're finished. That will clean up some things."

Or this:

"If you intentionally lie about committing violations, your career is over," Meyer said during a call-in radio show on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus, per ESPN. "You're not suspended for two games (or) some of the silly penalties you have, you can't talk to a recruit for a week and a half or something like that. No. You're finished. That will clean up some things."
Yes. Lying to cover up violations is bad. Really bad!

Telling a lie that made it appear like you covered something up is just dumb. Really dumb!

Yes. Lying to cover up violations is bad. Really bad!

Telling a lie that made it appear like you covered something up is just dumb. Really dumb!
I dunno man....bumpy road ahead for OSU.  Does not help one lick that Meyer was so outspoken about his own moral compass or how he felt liars should be dealt with.

Suddenly tattoos don't seem so bad....

i forget what the original title of the south park movie was, but i believe that it was rejected by the censors.  so they came up with "bigger, longer and uncut", which they actually thought was dirtier and more subversive.

this thread title feels like that.  kudos.
Awesome :thumbup:  

I dunno man....bumpy road ahead for OSU.  Does not help one lick that Meyer was so outspoken about his own moral compass or how he felt liars should be dealt with.

Suddenly tattoos don't seem so bad....
48 hours ago I was convinced he would never coach another game at OSU again.

It's been reduced to a "bumpy road ahead". That's a HUGE improvement. 

:lmao:  Brett rules. Sorry your stupid coach is going down. 

Great read on Brett’s situation: 

https://deadspin.com/how-espn-ended-up-paying-brett-mcmurphy-to-post-the-yea-1828089258
:rolleyes:  Brett McMurphy is a trash bag. He was begging for people to reach out to his personal email to create a story no more than a few days back. I wouldn’t expect less than this post from you though.

:lmao:

Blame the messenger!!!!
No, I don’t fault him for the story. It fell in his lap. I fault him that his now sole purpose in life is to get Urban fired and not look into if there is another side to the story. On top of that taking pot shots at both Meyer and OSU in the most callous and troll of ways. But, whatever, people will see it as that because they want to.

No, I don’t fault him for the story. It fell in his lap. I fault him that his now sole purpose in life is to get Urban fired and not look into if there is another side to the story. On top of that taking pot shots at both Meyer and OSU in the most callous and troll of ways. But, whatever, people will see it as that because they want to.
What do you think is the other side of the story?  

I would like to know if the rumors about this girls mental well being are true. I would like some objective truth there instead of cutting bits and pieces of text messages that have very little context. I’ve seen posts from her cousin calling her a drunk and a head case. Claims she’s called the police so much they don’t want to respond. I’m not saying what this dude did should be condoned or tolerated if it was an actual case of whipping on a girl but I’ve seen a snake of a woman lie and manipulate my father and call the police every two seconds to try and frame him as some animal. She has/had mental issues and preyed on my father after my mother’s death. This is a two way street not a one way street. If Meyer knew there were marital issues and chose to stay out of it, I don’t fault him and neither do I fault him if he outlandishly lied in an attempt to protect the legacy of Earl Bruce who gifted him his start. If he gets disciplined or fired it is what it is but RT’ing Richard Lewis in some attempt to justify your pseudo journalism beyond Urban’s embarrassing lie, well that guy can #### right off. Minds are already made up though. People hate OSU, they hate Meyer and the culture thinks this is an acceptable practice to burn everyone at the stake. If this is the end of his tenure though I believe it to be hubris and not as some devilish attempt to cover up DV. 

Personally I think McMurphy is convinced that Zach Smith committed domestic violence against Courtney Smith in 2015. 

The other side of the story is that after a police investigation the county prosecutor ruled that there wasn't enough evidence to even charge him with domestic violence. He didn't even have to defend himself. 

He has been charged with a crime twice in his life. The first was in 2009. The second was in 2018. The charge in 2009 was dropped. The one in 2018 just occurred, so it's still pending, and is why he just got fired. 

I think this might be why Urban said he didn't know about the one in 2015. He was never charged with anything in 2015. 

Imagine how low morally you have to be to question a woman’s mental health after her husband beat her because your favorite college football team’s coach is going to get fired for participating in covering up said beatings  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this might be why Urban said he didn't know about the one in 2015. He was never charged with anything in 2015. 
Charged or not, I find it hard to believe Urban's claim he didn't even know about it. That aside.......

Why do you guys think Meyer was placed on administrative leave? PR optics?

People hate OSU, they hate Meyer and the culture thinks this is an acceptable practice to burn everyone at the stake.

Come on.  Any hatred harbored for Ohio St is just rivalry stuff. I hate South Carolina because they’re a rival, but not really because I lived in Columbia and some of my very best lifelong friends went there. I hate UGA because they’re obnoxious, but not really because my youngest brother goes there now and some of my very best friends went there. I hate Bama because they beat Clemson, but that’s it. 

Whats happening at Ohio State right now is real, not petty rivalry BS. If you don’t see that, it’s just as bad as the .0001% that you’re referring to.  

Come on.  Any hatred harbored for Ohio St is just rivalry stuff. I hate South Carolina because they’re a rival, but not really because I lived in Columbia and some of my very best lifelong friends went there. I hate UGA because they’re obnoxious, but not really because my youngest brother goes there now and some of my very best friends went there. I hate Bama because they beat Clemson, but that’s it. 

Whats happening at Ohio State right now is real, not petty rivalry BS. If you don’t see that, it’s just as bad as the .0001% that you’re referring to.  
:no: I hate Ohio State because their fans are the absolute worst!

Imagine how low morally you have to be to question a woman’s mental health after her husband beat her because your favorite college football team’s coach is going to get fired for participating in covering up said beatings  
If anything, her mental instability should have led them to treat the situation with more concern.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

See I can use he ROFL image too to make sure I acknowledge that I don’t want to have a legitimate conversation about this situation.

There is extreme bias on this board and around the country against OSU and yes a lot of OSU fans are complete ### holes. People ####### love this though. They are all climbing up on a hill pretending to be a beacon of light. “Look at me! I condemn Urban Meyer!” Well, hey pal, good for you. Maybe go break Zach Smith knees or go take in his wife. I heard she doesn’t have employment perhaps you can shelter her in these trying times. I’m sure there is absolutely zero risk of that coming back to bite you right in the ### just like there is zero risk of this tumbling down the line of making McMurphy and ESPN looking like clowns for pressing to the point of begging for Urban to be fired instead of actually looking at the whole situation. Did he violate title IX? Did he violate NCAA policy? If the answer is yes, fire him. If no, he’s just a clown for lying about it but the press is equally so for just crying “fire, fire, fire!”. 

Maybe get her some help. We're talking about a billion dollar institution that does what's necessary to take care of a multitude of people. Why not her?
Because that’s not how it works and you damn well know it. It’s impossible for them to take care of individual students let alone some low level employees spouse. That’s like suggesting your place of employment cares about your custodians marital affairs. 

See I can use he ROFL image too to make sure I acknowledge that I don’t want to have a legitimate conversation about this situation.

There is extreme bias on this board and around the country against OSU and yes a lot of OSU fans are complete ### holes. People ####### love this though. They are all climbing up on a hill pretending to be a beacon of light. “Look at me! I condemn Urban Meyer!” Well, hey pal, good for you. Maybe go break Zach Smith knees or go take in his wife. I heard she doesn’t have employment perhaps you can shelter her in these trying times. I’m sure there is absolutely zero risk of that coming back to bite you right in the ### just like there is zero risk of this tumbling down the line of making McMurphy and ESPN looking like clowns for pressing to the point of begging for Urban to be fired instead of actually looking at the whole situation. Did he violate title IX? Did he violate NCAA policy? If the answer is yes, fire him. If no, he’s just a clown for lying about it but the press is equally so for just crying “fire, fire, fire!”. 

Because that’s not how it works and you damn well know it. It’s impossible for them to take care of individual students let alone some low level employees spouse. That’s like suggesting your place of employment cares about your custodians marital affairs. 
Gee I wonder why people get that impression of Ohio state fans

Wow, I’m think I’m going to pass on this.  Anything I could respond with would get me a timeout, so let’s just agree to vehemently disagree. 

Gee I wonder why people get that impression of Ohio state fans
I could beg for Urban Meyer to be fired and go deficate in the middle of the stadium to voice my displeasure with this situation and you’d still hate OSU and their fans just like most the others in this thread who I’ve watched go out of their way for years to #### on the school and it’s fan base. In other words, I don’t care what you or Capella, or Christo, or Doctor Detroit (who I actually have respect for) think. 

Zach Smith will be suing OSU for wrongful terminiation, but that won't happen until the current charges against him are dismissed.

The current charges against him stem from this. The Powell, OH police investigated nine separate complaints filed by Courtney. All of them resulted in insufficient evidence for the Delaware County prosecutors office to bring charges against Zach. This is not saying there wasn't enough evidence to convict him in a court of law. This means there wasn't even enough evidence to question that he might be guilty and take the matter to court to find out. Basically it means there was so little evidence against him that it would waste the courts time.... NINE TIMES!!! She had also requested protective orders against him numerous times, which were always denied (until the one the was approved after he was fired). On one of the 911 call responses, one of the officers (all the Powell, OH officers were familiar with her history of complaints) decided to placate her complaint. She was accusing Zach of trespassing, but she lived in an apartment complex, and Zach had not entered her home. So the officer made a compromise to placate her, and told Zach if he was ever within 500 feet of her apartment, then he would cite him for criminal trespassing. A few months later, Zach needed transfer his son from his possession to hers. Their established meeting place was the pool house at her apartment complex. She wasn't there. He called her numerous times but she wouldn't answer. So he drove his son to her apartment, where she was waiting outside, smart phone in hand, snapping a picture of him being well within 500 ft of her apartment. He left his son with her and left, and she sent the picture to the officer. The officer did what he said he would do, and cited him for criminal trespassing. The Delaware County Prosecutors office got the citation, saw the picture... and for the 2nd time in his life Zach was charge with a crime.

When Urban found out about Zach being charged with a crime, he responded by firing him. Within days of Zach being fired, Courtney finally got the protective order she has asked for many times before approved. Because she had text from Zach that said if all of her :bs:  accusations ever resulted in getting him fired, there would be hell to pay, there was finally enough evidence for a judge to conclude that Courtney was in danger, despite years of her complaints resulting in conclusions that she was not. 

I think OSU will either win the lawsuit Zach will file against them, or they will settle it out of court. I don't think Zach could win at all. But it's McMurphy who needs to watch himself. He may be sued for libel and slander, given he has convinced the college football world that Zach is a domestic violence offender, when after years of police complaints being investigated, the government could never come to that conclusion. He basically took Courtney's complains to the court of public opinion because her complaints were deemed a waste of time for real courts. 

There is extreme bias on this board and around the country against OSU
You may want to get a little perspective, friend. You sound like Patriots fans, but without their success. No one besides deluded Michigan and Penn State fans give a damn about OSU.

You may want to get a little perspective, friend. You sound like Patriots fans, but without their success. No one besides deluded Michigan and Penn State fans give a damn about OSU.
I think he’s right...I mean even Pats Fan doesn’t have to worry about their coach getting fired over lies to media about QB injuries...which is a fitting comparison from OSU Fan. It’s a witch hunt.

Gotta imagine that Dr. D is pretty stoked that a victim shaming Ohio State mega homer has respect for him. 
Since I’ve never seen you bring anything to the table other than one-liners that probably make you feel smarter than you are it is no surprise that you want to simply lower me to the descriptor of victim shamer. Gtfoh.

There is extreme bias on this board and around the country against OSU and yes a lot of OSU fans are complete ### holes. People ####### love this though. They are all climbing up on a hill pretending to be a beacon of light. “Look at me! I condemn Urban Meyer!” Well, hey pal, good for you. Maybe go break Zach Smith knees or go take in his wife. I heard she doesn’t have employment perhaps you can shelter her in these trying times. I’m sure there is absolutely zero risk of that coming back to bite you right in the ### just like there is zero risk of this tumbling down the line of making McMurphy and ESPN looking like clowns for pressing to the point of begging for Urban to be fired instead of actually looking at the whole situation. Did he violate title IX? Did he violate NCAA policy? If the answer is yes, fire him. If no, he’s just a clown for lying about it but the press is equally so for just crying “fire, fire, fire!”. . 
My link

I’m currently reading a book on the OJ Simpson trial, and the way the police apparently failed to respond to the concerns of Zach Smith’s wife are very reminiscent of the way police failed to respond, over a several year period, to the concerns of Nicole Brown Simpson. 

I’m not sure whether this has to do with police treatment of VIPs or if it’s a larger issue of how we as a society treat domestic abuse, but it seems like these matters get thrown under the rug too often. 

I’m currently reading a book on the OJ Simpson trial, and the way the police apparently failed to respond to the concerns of Zach Smith’s wife are very reminiscent of the way police failed to respond, over a several year period, to the concerns of Nicole Brown Simpson. 

I’m not sure whether this has to do with police treatment of VIPs or if it’s a larger issue of how we as a society treat domestic abuse, but it seems like these matters get thrown under the rug too often. 
If Courtney really is a victim of domestic abuse, then that's an issue of failure of the police and prosecuting's office to give her the justice she deserves. 

If Urban and/or the school tried to cover up the abuse, then that's an issue of failure of the school and program to allow her the justice she deserves. 

When I first heard the story, it looked like Urban covered it up. I thought his career was over. But now I'm not only convinced there's nothing he covered up, he let the police and prosecutors office do their jobs. If they charged him with anything, he would have fired him without hesitation, just like he did in 2018 when Zach was charged. 

I don't think Urban should be expect to fire Zach because the police and prosecutors office found nothing, but since the police apparently failed to respond to the concerns of Nicole Brown Simpson, he should have fired him anyway. 

If the police failed Courtney, then lets have a discussion of how the police failed Courtney. 

Why was domestic abuse not brought up during their divorce (maybe it was but I dont know).  I would have to imagine that any mother would fight tooth and nail not to have their children with a man who beat their wife and turned to violence.  How did he end up with joint custody or whatever he has?  Why in the world is this just coming out versus when the decision of the safety of their children was involved?

I can't even fathom to be in the shoes of a victim and I know there are some odd things that happen to their rationales, but how do you let your kids be alone with a monster?

Why was domestic abuse not brought up during their divorce (maybe it was but I dont know).  I would have to imagine that any mother would fight tooth and nail not to have their children with a man who beat their wife and turned to violence.  How did he end up with joint custody or whatever he has?  Why in the world is this just coming out versus when the decision of the safety of their children was involved?

I can't even fathom to be in the shoes of a victim and I know there are some odd things that happen to their rationales, but how do you let your kids be alone with a monster?
This is the key part. Why stay with the abuser?  Why keep quiet while it’s haopening?  Why have kids to begin with?  It’s easy to point fingers from miles away, but it was her life with someone who at some point she loved and had a family with. The whole “he’s not that bad, he’s just stressed” mentality is very real. 

This is the key part. Why stay with the abuser?  Why keep quiet while it’s haopening?  Why have kids to begin with?  It’s easy to point fingers from miles away, but it was her life with someone who at some point she loved and had a family with. The whole “he’s not that bad, he’s just stressed” mentality is very real. 
I get that for yourself.  I dont get that when you have decided to divorce and kids are involved...and if you believe any of the crazy talk, her having full custody means more money.

I the bold is key though.  Someone being abused isn't going to be thinking clearly and rationally.  It is like depression

Depends on what you mean by "why in the world is this just coming out".

She's been filing police complaints for years. So one could say she came out years ago. But since the government always concluded that there was insufficient evidence for her claims, it never turned into anything more than the domestic dispute that it is. 

What happened in the past couple weeks is that McMurphy: 1) published her complaints to the court of public opinion, which is of course jumping to a completely different conclusion than the government has; 2) claimed in his original story that Zach was arrested in 2015, which he has since edited to remove that, but also is now accusing the Powell police of editing the Oct 2015 police report so that the "arrest" checkbox is now no longer checked, because people fact checked his claims and couldn't find any record of Zach being arrested in 2015; 3) Urban answered a question on B1G Media Day which was the day after McMurphy posted his story to Facebook with the 2015 arrest claim. Urban's answer was based on the context of that 2015 arrest claim, which he had people look into and found nothing; and 4) the media interpreted Urban's answer to mean the context of Courtney filing police complaints in 2015, so it looked like Urban was saying he knew nothing about what was going on between Courtney and Zach in 2015. The truth is not only did he know, but the whole school admin knew as well as the coaches wives. The police investigated and the county prosecutors office concluded it would be a waste of the courts time to press charges as her claims were unsubstantiated. She filed 8 more complaints in the following years, and each time the government didn't waste the courts time by charging him with anything. As soon as he was charged with something in 2018, Urban promptly fired him without hesitation, and that what's started the media attention on Zach, and eventually Urban and the school. 

If Courtney really is a victim of domestic abuse, then that's an issue of failure of the police and prosecuting's office to give her the justice she deserves. 

If Urban and/or the school tried to cover up the abuse, then that's an issue of failure of the school and program to allow her the justice she deserves. 

When I first heard the story, it looked like Urban covered it up. I thought his career was over. But now I'm not only convinced there's nothing he covered up, he let the police and prosecutors office do their jobs. If they charged him with anything, he would have fired him without hesitation, just like he did in 2018 when Zach was charged. 

I don't think Urban should be expect to fire Zach because the police and prosecutors office found nothing, but since the police apparently failed to respond to the concerns of Nicole Brown Simpson, he should have fired him anyway. 

If the police failed Courtney, then lets have a discussion of how the police failed Courtney. 
You’re claiming urban didn’t cover up anything?  Did I dream where he said he wasn’t aware of domestic violence until recently?  And just completely changed his story?   He’s a dirt bag. 

Users who are viewing this thread