What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Free Agency (1 Viewer)

Buccaneers steal Center Ryan Jensen away from the Ravens ( :thumbup: ) as the highest paid center.

Really solidifying the middle of that line with Ali Marpet going back to guard to join Evan Smith.  All top 40 interior linemen last year.

Honey Badger signing with the Texans.   Edit:  1 year, $7m.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think some clubs would be out there signing folks over the weekend.  I'm bored!   Break some news!

Suh and Donald on the same line is a sick thought. Combine them with Peters, Talib and Wade Phillips and the Rams D might be a 3rd rd pick next year.

So who do we think is "winning" free agency so far? Not from an individual player signing, more from a holistic team improvement?

Bears to me look like they just created a much more solid offensive attack -- assuming Trubisky continues to trend upwards (remember what Goff did his second year? Wentz?), he now has a quality WR in Robinson to be on the other side of White, and a dangerous slot/speed guy in Gabriel which can help take pressure off the Jordan/Cohen 1-2 punch. Trey Burton isn't a sexy signing, but adds versatility and football IQ to pair with up and comer Shaheen, 

Still a lot more left in FA to go, what say you?

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
So who do we think is "winning" free agency so far? Not from an individual player signing, more from a holistic team improvement?

Bears to me look like they just created a much more solid offensive attack -- assuming Trubisky continues to trend upwards (remember what Goff did his second year? Wentz?), he now has a quality WR in Robinson to be on the other side of White, and a dangerous slot/speed guy in Gabriel which can help take pressure off the Jordan/Cohen 1-2 punch. Trey Burton isn't a sexy signing, but adds versatility and football IQ to pair with up and comer Shaheen, 

just curious, Is White the guy opposite Robinson? I was thinking Meredith would be the favorite to win that job over White. Wondering what the majority think

just curious, Is White the guy opposite Robinson? I was thinking Meredith would be the favorite to win that job over White. Wondering what the majority think
White is essentially a rookie as he hasn't been on the field enough to see if he can develop. I would guess the Bear's brass has little faith in White at this point and Meredith will play opposite AR. They will most likely draft 1-2 WR's to add to the mix as well. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Some other teams have probably improved more, but Texans have had a good, disciplined free agency. They've filled several needs, including improving both guards immensely over what they had last year, added much-needed CB depth, retained a few free agents who were good fits.  They added a special teams standout player and retained another.  All of those were palatable to attractive contracts.

And then they signed Tyrann Mathieu at a great price which filled a big need.  There really isn't much downside to his contract, $1m less than the paycut the Cardinals offered even.  It's a 1 year deal but can extend or franchise him, or get a compensatory pick if he leaves. 

And they still have $30m plus in cap room left so Clowney's extension can be front loaded.  Only criticism really is they haven't done enough at tackle, though I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up another veteran option there before it is over.

Keeps him in flyer territory anyway. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ebron didn't stay in front of him for long. 
I'm not convinced and his injury is worrisome.   He's already been dropped in one league I'm in.

I'm not convinced and his injury is worrisome.   He's already been dropped in one league I'm in.
I was commenting more about Ebron. I don't know much about Swoope other than he had some hype as a good athlete, but Ebron is just not very good from what I have seen. I wouldn't say a guy is droppable just because he is competing with Ebron now. 

Keeps him in flyer territory anyway. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ebron didn't stay in front of him for long. 
Ebron gets a bad rap in detroit for his draft position and his drops but he has talent....i dont think indy brought him in to play behind swoop

Ebron gets a bad rap in detroit for his draft position and his drops but he has talent....i dont think indy brought him in to play behind swoop
I am sure they didn't, but plans change when players don't perform. Ebron is not a consistently good receiver, and not a good blocker, so I think he will have a tough time keeping a job. 

Indy needs to go after Hurns. They should've gone after Crabtree. Weird they're signing TE when they've got Doyle/Swoope, but nobody opposite Hilton. Maybe they believe Chester is going to step up.

Free agent Ndamukong Suh will visit the Raiders on Wednesday.

Suh continues to pack on the frequent flyer miles. He's already met with the Rams, Titans and Saints since his release from Miami last week. The 31-year-old is coming off another fine season that saw him earn PFF's No. 2 run-stopping grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle. Outside of All-Pro Khalil Mack, Oakland's defense was a punching bag last season. He'd be a big get for the Raiders.

Related: Raiders

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 20 - 4:27 PM

Talk on the Saints board is that Sean Payton has taken to twitter to discredit the reports of Decker in NO.  Apparently Decker is actually visiting the Raiders today.

Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz reports free agent Ndamukong Suh is "intrigued" by the idea of playing on the Rams' defensive line alongside Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers.

ESPN Rams reporter Alden Gonzalez adds that Suh remains in Los Angeles Tuesday evening and is scheduled to have dinner with the Rams tonight. He's expected to visit the Raiders on Wednesday if he makes it out of L.A. without a contract. Schultz also reports Suh "likes" Saints DE Cameron Jordan and wouldn't be opposed to playing alongside him in New Orleans. If Suh wants to win, it would seem the Rams and Saints are his top two suitors to this point.

Related: Rams, Saints

Source: Jordan Schultz on Twitter 

Mar 20 - 9:59 PM

That'd be something if Suh ended up in New Orleans or Los Angeles. Those would arguably be the 2 teams that have improved the most so far in my opinion. 

Ndamukong Suh on the Rams defense would be absolutely filthy. I would feel bad for the quarterbacks in the NFC West.

funny how when it is only a 1-year $5m deal the physical passes.  Guy was done dirty.

-QG
Agreed. While it’s hard to feel sorry for a guy making $5 million this year and he was undeserving of the multi-million contract offered to him to begin with, it’s a pretty damn crappy move by the Ravens. 

Karma and all that...

Free agent Ndamukong Suh will no longer visit the Raiders on Wednesday.

It sounds like it will not be rescheduled, either. Suh is reportedly back home and not expected to make a decision Wednesday, but the Rams "made a strong impression on him," according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. The Saints and Titans also remain in the mix. Suh would be a strong fit with any of the three teams.

Related: Raiders

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 21 - 3:00 PM

Users who are viewing this thread