What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NFL Draft Dynasty Picks 3 rounds (1 Viewer)

I love your list the only person I’m higher on is Penny. I’d take him right after Chubb. I don’t believe he’s going to last to the mid 2nd round but if all these guys decide to declare for the Draft it’s possible. I already have Barkley and Guice there’s three to four other guys I feel like I must have of this group the rest are just a bonus.

Tex
Yeah, but the team naming options if you take Chubb are limitless. 

I strongly encourage you to reconsider. Do it for the lol’s man. For the lol’s. 

I'm starting to get the feeling the first 5 picks in dynasty drafts should be running backs, even if you are thin at WR.

Barkley, Guice, Love, Chubb, Michel (last 4 in no particular order).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get the feeling the first 5 picks in dynasty drafts should be running backs, even if you are thin at WR.

I think you're right.  That said, I expect plenty of owners to reach on Sutton.    

I think you're right.  That said, I expect plenty of owners to reach on Sutton.    
Yes, just like they did for Treadwell.  I really like Ridley, but damn, he's old for a rookie.  I like James Washington more than Sutton as well.

Yes, just like they did for Treadwell.  I really like Ridley, but damn, he's old for a rookie.  I like James Washington more than Sutton as well.
Sutton fan here. Don't think he compares at all to Treadwell. If Sutton goes to Dallas or Baltimore, I cross him off my list. If he goes to SF, I take him. Was never a fan of Treadwell. He's brutally slow. I think Sutton runs faster at the combine. As much as 1/10 faster. My guess is Treadwell isn't grasping the playbook as well. https://purpleptsd.com/how-do-we-fix-laquon-treadwell/

I don't believe that is an issue with Sutton. Sloppy route, yeh. That can be fixed. You can't fix dumb.

You mean last 3 no particular order? If you meant last 4 you are doing Guice a massive disservice.

It's early, I'll change my mind on some things, but right now I don't have any of those last 3 RB's you listed in my top 5 RB's or in my top 10 overall players.

You mean last 3 no particular order? If you meant last 4 you are doing Guice a massive disservice.

It's early, I'll change my mind on some things, but right now I don't have any of those last 3 RB's you listed in my top 5 RB's or in my top 10 overall players.
Who are your 3-5 backs?  

And he's a true Jr.  Anybody know the story?  He did breakout at 20, at least.
No idea what happened but whatever delayed him was at the high school level or earlier. His HS career was actually cut short because of state laws and his age. He entered college as a 20 year old true freshman, not some juco route or out of HS a few years. What I've never been made aware of what led to him being so old in high school.

Barkley, Guice, Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, and Damien Harris.
This class is so deep at RB.  I don't have a fixed top 5 yet - I'll let the NFL sort it out for me before putting in much time.  But in addition to your 4, I like Love, Michel, Chubb, and Penny.  After Guice, it's pretty much one big 3rd tier for me right now. 

Barkley, Guice, Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, and Damien Harris.
I have Damien Harris in two devy leagues and I wouldn't take him over Chubb, Michel, or Love.  I do like Ronald Jones and Kerryon Johnson also.   A lot depends on landing spots as we always know, and Jones and Johnson seem to be on the outside looking in at the top RBs by most "so called" experts.

I have Damien Harris in two devy leagues and I wouldn't take him over Chubb, Michel, or Love.  I do like Ronald Jones and Kerryon Johnson however.   A lot depends on landing spots as we always know, and Jones and Johnson seem to be on the outside looking in at the top RBs by most "so called" experts.

We must be reading/listening to completely different "so called" experts because that is absolutely not my experience.

Again, not my experience.
I take some of that back, yes cbs sports has Jones 4th, Walter Football has Kerryon 3rd.  I think Walter football is a joke however, not becasue of Kerryon.  It's very hard to rank the top 5 this year after the first two.  I have Ronald Jones in 2 of 3 devy leagues and Barkley in 2 of 3 :)

Draft Wire has Barkley Guice, Penny, Harris

Draftek  has Barkley Guice, Love Josh Adams, R Jones II

cbs - Barkley, Guice, Love, Jones II, Harris

Something called DraftDays - Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Freeman, Jones II

Draft Geek - Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Love, Wadley

I realize some of those are BS sites, but my point is the rankings are all over the place after the top 2.

This class is so deep at RB.  I don't have a fixed top 5 yet - I'll let the NFL sort it out for me before putting in much time.  But in addition to your 4, I like Love, Michel, Chubb, and Penny.  After Guice, it's pretty much one big 3rd tier for me right now. 
It's deep but I for sure got tiers.

Love and Chubb are like night and day as players but at the same time share a lot of the same positive and negative traits. The positive is I really like how both run the ball. Love is as exciting a pure runner as I've seen in years and Chubb looks like a young J-Stew. Problem I have with both is one dimensional RB's, if either of them are assets in the passing game I've not seen it.  I'll probably view Chubb about like I did Perine, which is not interested in a non pass catching old school two down grinder at the cost of a late first. He'll be for be for someone else, even if I think he might be like Jordan Howard that's just not my kind of fantasy RB. Love is just a hard guy to grasp as he's a non pass catching COP back. I think he'll be a really good real life player, not sure what that role translates to for fantasy. Now I'll add this is a part of Love's game I've not seen, if he grades out well in combine or individual workouts with route running concepts I'll get on board, I really want to like him, but I don't really ever get that excited about non pass catching RB's.

Michel goes the other way and I like him more than these two. Big question people will ask on Michel is can he be a three down back or was he just not asked to do it at Georgia because he's got everydown back size and passing game skills. I think the later, I think he's a not a full time back, I think he's like Drake in that regard. Now you can point to how great Drake did when he was forced into a feature back role and I can't really argue that point except for the fact Drake was forced into that role. I just think the role for Michel will be similar to the role we saw Drake have when Damien Williams was around.

But here is one of the reasons I like Michel more than the other two, why I like a RB I think can be involved in the passing game so much. The NFL is deep at RB right now, not a lot of RB need exists.  A few RB's are coming to an end but for the second straight season a slew of quality young RB's is about to be dropped on the league. My point is I smell a ton of RBBC's springing up in the NFL, just do much talent. In a RBBC the only guy I ever want is the one who catches passes, those are the players who can give you some use and some value even in a part time or limited role. The guy who needs 20 carries and a TD to hit double digit fantasy points most weeks is not my kind of RB.

Michel goes the other way and I like him more than these two. Big question people will ask on Michel is can he be a three down back or was he just not asked to do it at Georgia because he's got everydown back size and passing game skills. I think the later, I think he's a not a full time back, I think he's like Drake in that regard. Now you can point to how great Drake did when he was forced into a feature back role and I can't really argue that point except for the fact Drake was forced into that role. I just think the role for Michel will be similar to the role we saw Drake have when Damien Williams was around.

But here is one of the reasons I like Michel more than the other two, why I like a RB I think can be involved in the passing game so much. The NFL is deep at RB right now, not a lot of RB need exists.  A few RB's are coming to an end but for the second straight season a slew of quality young RB's is about to be dropped on the league. My point is I smell a ton of RBBC's springing up in the NFL, just do much talent. In a RBBC the only guy I ever want is the one who catches passes, those are the players who can give you some use and some value even in a part time or limited role. The guy who needs 20 carries and a TD to hit double digit fantasy points most weeks is not my kind of RB.
Couple things.  I hope Michel doesn't go the way of Yeldon.  Second, when you say the NFL is deep at RB right now, I agree, but I think this class will put a lot of them out of work eventually.

Removed Damien Harris.  It appears he's coming back for another year of college.  Made some other changes.

Why am I just now finding this thread?

My current top10, I play 2QB everywhere but only 10 teams so inflated but not as much as "normal"?  

Saquan Barkley

Nick Chubb

Ronald Jones II

Derrius Guice

Calvin Ridley

Sony Michel

Josh Rosen

Bryce Love

Sam Darnold

Royce Freeman

ETA:  Chubb, RJII and Guice are all tier2 for me, and I generally don't change outside of tiers until I know landing spot.  But the combine could move these guys within a tier.  

Saquon

Guice

Love

Jones

Sutton
I think Ridley is taken in the top 5 in most dynasty drafts, but that is not to say that 5 rbs don't deserve to be taken top 5 this year considering how strong the RBs are compared to the WRs.  IMO Sutton has too much bust risk to take top 5 in such a strong RB class.  Whoever rolls the dice with Sutton top 5 could be kicking themselves this time next year when they could have drafted a difference making RB.

Obviously a lot will depend on landing spots and draft position but at the moment if I had a pick that was after the top 2 I’d be looking to move back in the first round.  I’m not a huge fan of Love or Chubb in the RB group.  I’m not touching any of the consensus top 3 WRs. I do like Kirk and depending on landing spot he will likely be a guy I target.  Guys I particularly like who may be available a bit later are Penny, Gallup, John Kelly and Simmie Cobbs 

Obviously a lot will depend on landing spots and draft position but at the moment if I had a pick that was after the top 2 I’d be looking to move back in the first round.  I’m not a huge fan of Love or Chubb in the RB group.  I’m not touching any of the consensus top 3 WRs. I do like Kirk and depending on landing spot he will likely be a guy I target.  Guys I particularly like who may be available a bit later are Penny, Gallup, John Kelly and Simmie Cobbs 
Not a big fan of Kelly or Cobbs, but Penny and especially Gallup have my interest.

Removed Myles Gaskins RB Washington from the list since he's returning to school and added Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin in the 3.12 spot.

I think Ridley is taken in the top 5 in most dynasty drafts, but that is not to say that 5 rbs don't deserve to be taken top 5 this year considering how strong the RBs are compared to the WRs.  IMO Sutton has too much bust risk to take top 5 in such a strong RB class.  Whoever rolls the dice with Sutton top 5 could be kicking themselves this time next year when they could have drafted a difference making RB.
I hope someone in the top 5 takes him as I have the 1.06. 

Users who are viewing this thread