What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NFL Combine News (2 Viewers)

Wow the Henderson unofficial time was THAT far off?

He looked blazing fast as he ran.  I wasn't surprised when 4.37 came up on the screen.

Tough to have a top 3 after today with Anderson, Jacobs and Jalin Moore not participating. 

Risers: Sanders, James Williams, Justice Hill, Mike Weber, Travis Homer, Alex Barnes, Ryquell Armstead, Alexander Mattison (probably only applies to myself, knew he wasn’t going to be a burner but he did enough to where I’m comfortable moving him up).

Fallers: Trayveon Williams, Devin Singletary, Elijah Holyfield, Benny Snell

I'm so tempted to put him 1.01, when he goes to KC in the 2nd I will but not yet.  

these giant WR might be worth taking in front of him depending on landing spot,  but yeah a  KC rb early (round 1,2,3) will be in contention for 1.01 for sure
Going to be tough for me not to have 5-8 WR’s/TE’s over most RB’s in this class. Situation is a big, big deal and KC is going to be prime real estate but when it takes the combine to even give a hint about who could be RB1 and we’re still wondering at the end of the day, it’s not a good sign. I would say I would be looking to any back from this class in a good situation as a high volume 2-3 year rental. Not sure I want to give up a potential decade stud at WR/TE for that.

Going to be tough for me not to have 5-8 WR’s/TE’s over most RB’s in this class. Situation is a big, big deal and KC is going to be prime real estate but when it takes the combine to even give a hint about who could be RB1 and we’re still wondering at the end of the day, it’s not a good sign. I would say I would be looking to any back from this class in a good situation as a high volume 2-3 year rental. Not sure I want to give up a potential decade stud at WR/TE for that.
I just have a hard time putting any WR at 1.01 these days.  RB is instant impact if they hit, are they more risky, sure, but a top10 RB is more valuable than a top10 WR who takes 8 weeks to hit and then we wonder if he can sustain.  Those questions don't usually stay on a RB when they hit.  The reason Sanders might be my 1.01 is because he was a favorite of mine a while ago but I wouldn't feel good about drafting him there.  I'd feel much better about a WR, but that just feels like a waste of the 1.01.  

I've been tooting the WR's of the 2019 class for a while now and I think they're really good.  But with the uncertainty for this class in general makes the 1.01 such an interesting discussion.  Miles Sanders did all he could today pretty much and put him in that conversation, along with 6 others that everyone has scrambling around their boards.  

I just have a hard time putting any WR at 1.01 these days.  RB is instant impact if they hit, are they more risky, sure, but a top10 RB is more valuable than a top10 WR who takes 8 weeks to hit and then we wonder if he can sustain.  Those questions don't usually stay on a RB when they hit.  The reason Sanders might be my 1.01 is because he was a favorite of mine a while ago but I wouldn't feel good about drafting him there.  I'd feel much better about a WR, but that just feels like a waste of the 1.01.  

I've been tooting the WR's of the 2019 class for a while now and I think they're really good.  But with the uncertainty for this class in general makes the 1.01 such an interesting discussion.  Miles Sanders did all he could today pretty much and put him in that conversation, along with 6 others that everyone has scrambling around their boards.  
Tough call. Honestly, I shouldn’t provide much commentary. I don’t know that I’ve had 1.01 in the last decade. Last year was the first time in the same time period I was desperately trying to get up to 1.01. I would suggest to trade down if you earned the 1.01 build up WR’s and TE’s from this class and start shooting at RB’s later. The Mike Weber’s of the world are going to have as much chance to make a volume impact as the Miles Sanders. I know situation matters a ton. If you are in a window to make a run next year I don’t know that I’d pass up on the KC RB (assuming there is one in the first three rounds) even if it cost me down the line.

who besides Barkley  has testing insane? Sanders isn't insane, its pretty much top 5 overall in a terrible class....
Gesicki

Troy Apke

Godwin shocked everyone with his testing. Nobody thought he was going to test well. 

And you are right Miles was not insane but I’m just wondering what they are doing at PSU to get these boosts in athletic testing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gesicki

Troy Apke

Godwin shocked everyone with his testing. Nobody thought he was going to test well. 

And you are right Miles was not insane but I’m just wondering what they are doing at PSU to get these boosts in athletic testing. 
Yeah maybe they have good HGH up there. Or are coached up for the combine? Who knows. Godwin can play in the NFL, jury is out on Gesicki, TEs take awhile....

It's WR/TE/QB time people, let's fire this baby back up.  

Things I'm looking for from WR's:

Kelvin Harmon and N'Keal Harry - sub 4.6, and for Harmon he isn't a workout warrior so I'm just looking for solid.  Harry I expect a bit more but prove you can cut quickly

Hakeem Butler - is he smooth during drills

Parris Campbell - make a name for himself with his workout

Marquise Brown - better run sub 4.35 at 166 lb's

AJ Brown and Metcalf - speed please I expect 4.5 or better

Kelvin Harmon and N'Keal Harry - sub 4.6, and for Harmon he isn't a workout warrior so I'm just looking for solid.  Harry I expect a bit more but prove you can cut quickly

Hopefully the receivers don't disappoint as much as the running backs.

I’m really hoping for a good number from Harry. There was one dynasty site saying that he runs with his hands low and that can be corrected to increase his speed

So they have Wilson listed as 4.50u now... I guess we’ll see. Can’t be mad either way between 4.50 and 4.55

Now the dumb dumb who posted the Arcega-Whiteside news is reporting it was actually Myles Boykin

Edit: Myles Boykin not Myles Gaskins

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread