What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MBSL Thread (2 Viewers)

Forecasting we make mid 4th the first day, projects to near 11th round by Kickoff Thursday night.

Not sure what to do.  Ryheaps hasn't been on this board since Sunday.  Thoughts on whether we keep rolling of should I make his two skipped picks for him?

Not sure what to do.  Ryheaps hasn't been on this board since Sunday.  Thoughts on whether we keep rolling of should I make his two skipped picks for him?
:thumbup:

of course you are up next, so make sure he doesn't take your guy..... :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m on a couple of flights today. I’ll be predrafting a couple of rounds ahead but if we make it through 3+ to get back to my next set, you can skip me after about 30 minutes on the clock and I will catch up later. 

I’m sorry!  I didn’t know this got started. I see someone is picking for me. I’m willing to step in and take over. Might need an invite link though as I’m struggling to link my franchise 

I’m sorry!  I didn’t know this got started. I see someone is picking for me. I’m willing to step in and take over. Might need an invite link though as I’m struggling to link my franchise 
Invite sent.  Hope you aren't too disappointed with what you have and can salvage it from here.  You are next up.

Heads up, I figure most of us will be watching the game tomorrow night.  To discourage any gamesmanship or huge advantage during the game, the timer will be reduced to 15 minutes during the game.  That should give everyone at least one draft pick during the game.  Setup your phone notifications up, we will knock  out some picks in short order.

I can’t link my franchise for some reason. Don’t have the code and won’t send me an email.  In the meantime, could someone pick Kerryon Johnson for me 

ryheaps said:
I can’t link my franchise for some reason. Don’t have the code and won’t send me an email.  In the meantime, could someone pick Kerryon Johnson for me 
I've been sending invites to ryheaps@xxxxxxx.net

That’s odd as I’m getting emails there but nothing from you or MFL. I checked my junk folder too and nothing there. I’ll look into it again. In the meantime, could you try ryheaps@gmail.com?

nice pick on Murray @BassNBrew, my three player pre-draft for the 8th round was John Brown, Perriman and Murray. I got both of my top two at the turn and Murray fell all the way to 9.8.

Got caught driving in a flash flood situation. Made pick from phone, will go back in and make my missed one when in front of computer.

Sometime after 8:00pm the clock will be adjusted to 15 mins.  Post any makeup picks in here.  I'll give you that guy if available.  If not, you'll get the same position and bye.

If you miss a pick you can also enter in as a commish.  password: fbgmbsl1

Go to setup, draft, change draft pick, scroll to your pick that was skipped, pick you player, then click the replace button.

Team rzrback77

QB - Watson (8) and Minshew (7) - took Watson somewhat early at QB6 with pick 5.2 and was hoping for Minshew late, got him at 11.2. Had a pre-draft of Burrow and Minshew, but Burrow was sniped by Busman. Might could have gotten my WR (R. Anderson) and Burrow, but at the time I had realized that three of my first four WRs had week 11 byes and felt that was position needed more. Minshew should have a great season, but Burrow would have been the better pick. Consider this duo as top half of the league.

RB - Barkley (11), M. Gordon (8), J. Kelly (10) and McKissic (8) - took two fairly early at 1.2 and 4.15 and then neglected RBs until very late. Only took four and will only have two on week 8. With the second overall pick as one of the guys expected to compete for top overall RB, I punted and as a result do not have a good RB stable. Bottom third of the league and my top RB is off in week 10, see further discussion below with the WRs and TEs.

WR - Beckham (9), P. Williams (11), J. Brown (11), Perriman (11), R. Anderson (13) and Paschal (7) - I really like the potential of my top five WRs to contribute some high scores some weeks. The consistency may not be so good, but with six overall to score three may work out well. I would consider these guy top third of the league, EXCEPT that three of the top four all have the same week 11 bye. If this team survives until week 11, it would be awesome to win immunity in week 10.

TE - Waller (6) and Gesicki (11) - Love this due and expect top third again here, EXCEPT one the two also has a week 11 bye.

PK - Myers (6) and Boswell (8) - would have considered going solo, but since my first one was Myers at PK9, I decided to grab two. Meh

DST - New Engand (6) and Arizona (8) - so in weeks 6 and 8, I have solo PK and DST. Went with Arizona a bit early as their schedule matched well with New England when you look at DST by committee. Maybe top half

I thought as the draft went along that I was making really nice value picks most of the time, but made a couple of rookie mistakes. First one was I looked heavily at taking with my pick in the 10th, even had him loaded into pre-draft thinking that we had a flex and not realizing my WR bye week issue. I was in the shower thinking Everett was going to be a bargain and then recalled that MBSL may not have flex. First thing out of the shower, I killed the pre-draft and then when I reviewed the starters found that was correct and then realized about all the week 11 byes. 

Thanks to @BassNBrew for all his survivor work here and also for changing the clock during the Thursday night game that helped us complete this quickly.

Best of luck to all y'all in this league and in all your leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread