What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 Playoff Survivor (1 Viewer)

Well that was an exciting end to an exciting week. Lost Buf players for my contest team but get the 1 here. Wonder who I’ll be taking…

✌️Peace out.  
Good luck y’all. 
no surprise, at least even if I had taken mahomes I’d still be out. 

I have a really busy day tomorrow and quite a lot on the schedule for Tuesday. With only four teams remaining, I propose that we wait until Tuesday night to name keepers and draft slots and then begin the draft on Wednesday.

Thanks for your consideration and congrats to @Duckboywho took down first place right at the end of overtime.

rzrback77 said:
I have a really busy day tomorrow and quite a lot on the schedule for Tuesday. With only four teams remaining, I propose that we wait until Tuesday night to name keepers and draft slots and then begin the draft on Wednesday.

Thanks for your consideration and congrats to @Duckboywho took down first place right at the end of overtime.

Sounds good. My keepers are obvious and I get whichever pick is left anyway.

-OZ- said:
✌️Peace out.  
Good luck y’all. 
no surprise, at least even if I had taken mahomes I’d still be out. 
Lol. I would be on of I took the right QB. But had Bills-Pack SB. 

reminder. Don’t take Aaron anymore during playoffs. He always seems to disappoint you in cheering and fantasy. 

I had Mahomes as my other preselect. You should have saved me from myself, Oz

Lol. I would be on of I took the right QB. But had Bills-Pack SB. 

reminder. Don’t take Aaron anymore during playoffs. He always seems to disappoint you in cheering and fantasy. 

I had Mahomes as my other preselect. You should have saved me from myself, Oz

don’t worry, next year Aaron might be playing for the saints and he’ll win the NFC. 

I'll start this off now (not sure what my timing will be rest of day).

Keep Kittle and Kelce, I will take pick 1

@rzrback77 up next

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d also be fine with advancing things but I don’t see how to take the commish powers. Some of the other leagues I’ve had that option to switch but don’t have it here. 

I'm finished:

QB - Jimmy G

RB--Mixon, McKinnon, Edwards-Helaire

WR--Chase, Higgins, Pringle, Jennings

TE--Blanton, Gray

Def--Cincy

PK- McPherson

Need a high scoring KC-Cincy game with 9 of my 12 in it.  Don't mind getting stuck with Jimmy G this week as he's done OK against the Rams, and it will be indoors instead of the cold.  Might have gone defense earlier, but couldn't pass on Jennings after seeing he went 6/94/2 earlier this month against the Rams.  Getting more than a zero from TE will be a win.

Done also:

Mahomes

Michel, Wilson, Hasty

OBJ, Jefferson, Robinson

Kelce, Kittle, Higbee

K (likely Gould, could be Gay)

KC D

Pretty much loaded up on KC/LA.  Figured Stafford and Higbee would have been likely to go between my 1 and 2; when all the RBs got stripped off, I created a different shortage.  Will be a guaranteed bench, but assuming I move on and KC wins, I'll have both TEs in the SB.  If KC doesn't move on I probably wouldn't be either.

Done also:

Mahomes

Michel, Wilson, Hasty

OBJ, Jefferson, Robinson

Kelce, Kittle, Higbee

KC D

Pretty much loaded up on KC/LA.  Figured Stafford and Higbee would have been likely to go between my 1 and 2; when all the RBs got stripped off, I created a different shortage.  Will be a guaranteed bench, but assuming I move on and KC wins, I'll have both TEs in the SB.  If KC doesn't move on I probably wouldn't be either.
You’d drop obj to keep higbee? 
could make sense. 

-OZ- said:
You’d drop obj to keep higbee? 
could make sense. 
Potentially. Giving your opponent a near zero could be worthwhile. Bigger issue would be giving up Mahomes if I finished 2nd. 

Sorry for the delay. Drove three hours to Oxford, MS to watch my Razorbacks win their fifth straight SEC basketball game.

WPS!

Duckboy said:
Done also:

Mahomes

Michel, Wilson, Hasty

OBJ, Jefferson, Robinson

Kelce, Kittle, Higbee

KC D

Bold strategy.  I think you had enough of a head start to pull it off.

Duckboy said:
Done also:

Mahomes

Michel, Wilson, Hasty

OBJ, Jefferson, Robinson

Kelce, Kittle, Higbee

KC D

A solid strategy and I allowed it. As I considered my second pick, I had Higbee as the top pick available and decided that I could get both him and Mitchell since you already had two TEs.

I also made an effort to get a solid player on all four teams, to cover potential upsets again this weekend.

since I kept Kupp LAR and Uzomah CIN, I drafted Hill KC and Mitchell SF, to have two potential keepers out of my top four.

like @Go DC Yourselfstated earlier, I too was willing to go with Jimmy G to have that top four, but when @Duckboytook Higbee as his third TE, I decided to take Burrow and then @OldMilwaukee took Stafford.

have not yet looked a projected scores, but I do see both the risk and the solid investment side of taking Higbee.

A solid strategy and I allowed it. As I considered my second pick, I had Higbee as the top pick available and decided that I could get both him and Mitchell since you already had two TEs.

I also made an effort to get a solid player on all four teams, to cover potential upsets again this weekend.

since I kept Kupp LAR and Uzomah CIN, I drafted Hill KC and Mitchell SF, to have two potential keepers out of my top four.

like @Go DC Yourselfstated earlier, I too was willing to go with Jimmy G to have that top four, but when @Duckboytook Higbee as his third TE, I decided to take Burrow and then @OldMilwaukee took Stafford.

have not yet looked a projected scores, but I do see both the risk and the solid investment side of taking Higbee.

I thought Higbee should have been the first pick off the board to anyone needing a TE.  Duckboy has the sledge hammer.  If he advances with a KC win he's got a huge head start and can possibly dictate the next draft.

Very smart strategy.  

Old Mil has almost zero chance this weekend.  

I don't see how Duckboy isn't a lock to advance.

Between you and GoDC it may ride on the Burrow/Mixon split and the CJ/Boyd v. Chase/Higgins distribution.  

I thought Higbee should have been the first pick off the board to anyone needing a TE.  Duckboy has the sledge hammer.  If he advances with a KC win he's got a huge head start and can possibly dictate the next draft.
@Duckboy will definitely have an advantage next week with both TEs, assuming that the favored KC and LAR advance. Favorites lost three of four a week ago though. 

It is not without risk this week. Since one of his TEs will not count this week, he will be unable to use what could be a double digit scorer and since he got behind the curve on RBs, he could post a single digit score at that position. 

Projected scores (using FBG Consensus projections) upcoming

It is not without risk this week. Since one of his TEs will not count this week, he will be unable to use what could be a double digit scorer and since he got behind the curve on RBs, he could post a single digit score at that position. 
This was the only consideration really.  With OM behind the eightball with no keepers, it meant only needing to focus on getting ahead of one other.  There are drawbacks to the direction either way, and I will say it was pretty much my only hesitation on blocking it out.  You taking Higbee in the 3rd would have been the same but I didn't really have another option other than OBJ that wasn't fairly equal to what I'd get at the 4/5 turn.

1. rzrback77 projected for 130.3 - Burrow 22.3, Mitchell 13.4, Perine 4.7, Kupp 23.9, T. Hill 18.5, Boyd 11.2, Aiyuk 10.4, Uzomah 12.2, Gould 7.1 & 49s DST 6.6 - Sanu & Bell TE not used
  2. @Go DC Yourself120.7 - Garoppolo 18.4, Mixon 17.4, McKinnon 14.9, CEH 9.3, Chase 17.2, Higgins 15.6, Pringle 10.8, Gray TE 2.7, McPherson 8.7 & Bengals DST 5.7 - Jennings and Blanton not used
  3. @Duckboy116.0 - Mahomes 27.4, Michel 5.8, Hasty 0.6, Beckham 12.3, Jefferson 9.2, Dem Robinson 4.1, Kelce 22.5, Kittle 19.5, Gay 7.6 & Chiefs DST 7.0 - not used Higbee 14.3 and Wilson RB
  4. @OldMilwaukee87.1 - Stafford 22.0, Akers 14.7, Juszczyk 4.6, D. Samuel 20.8, Hardman 7.5 Matthews 0.0, TE 0, Butker 9.2 & Rams 6.6 - Tate and D Williams not used

1. rzrback77 projected for 130.3 - Burrow 22.3, Mitchell 13.4, Perine 4.7, Kupp 23.9, T. Hill 18.5, Boyd 11.2, Aiyuk 10.4, Uzomah 12.2, Gould 7.1 & 49s DST 6.6 - Sanu & Bell TE not used
  2. @Go DC Yourself120.7 - Garoppolo 18.4, Mixon 17.4, McKinnon 14.9, CEH 9.3, Chase 17.2, Higgins 15.6, Pringle 10.8, Gray TE 2.7, McPherson 8.7 & Bengals DST 5.7 - Jennings and Blanton not used
  3. @Duckboy116.0 - Mahomes 27.4, Michel 5.8, Hasty 0.6, Beckham 12.3, Jefferson 9.2, Dem Robinson 4.1, Kelce 22.5, Kittle 19.5, Gay 7.6 & Chiefs DST 7.0 - not used Higbee 14.3 and Wilson RB
  4. @OldMilwaukee87.1 - Stafford 22.0, Akers 14.7, Juszczyk 4.6, D. Samuel 20.8, Hardman 7.5 Matthews 0.0, TE 0, Butker 9.2 & Rams 6.6 - Tate and D Williams not used

Heads up that the QB scoring is light for those projects.  I think FBG uses 4 pt TDs.  

My mom’s only remaining sister-in-law passed away and the funeral is this afternoon about five hours from home. So I will be going old school listening to the games on the car radio. Good luck y’all!

If KC doesn't move on I probably wouldn't be either.
Pretty much went this way. Between nothing from KC in the 2nd half and Blanton outscoring Kittle and Higbee almost combined that’s what I get. Good luck to the two advancing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So rzrback77 and @Go DC Yourselfsurvive. Last weekend’s draft included four teams and took only one day, so I suggest that we declare our keepers and draft slot a week from Wednesday and then start the draft either Thursday or Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread