What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 is the hardest working fantasy year I've ever had (1 Viewer)

I started out reading the responses and realized there is no way I'm gonna read all of these like I normally do. I just wanted to acknowledge and agree. I've worked really, really hard at this and still my loses come down to the last play often. Still in it and working it hard. 

I miss Cal Ripkin Jr.  
Cal Ripken Jr. had the Orioles cover for him at least once so he could maintain "the streak". The night the lights malfunctioned at the stadium was a stalling tactic by the team because he was involved in a domestic issue at home. The team also started him at least a year longer than they should have since he was way-underproducing.

I get your point, I'm just not into myths.

This is both the hardest I've had to work AND the worst I've done. 
Kinda the same here. I liked my draft. The Gus Edwards was suddenly out for the season, AJ Brown and Robert Woods underproduced, I started the wrong QB for several early weeks and left points on the bench, and suddenly I was 0-5. I work the waiver wire like crazy, now I like my roster and I'm 6-8. And it doesn't matter, since I won't make the playoffs. But I still keep trying to make my team better each week. That's the fun of it for me.

Kinda the same here. I liked my draft. The Gus Edwards was suddenly out for the season, AJ Brown and Robert Woods underproduced, I started the wrong QB for several early weeks and left points on the bench, and suddenly I was 0-5. I work the waiver wire like crazy, now I like my roster and I'm 6-8. And it doesn't matter, since I won't make the playoffs. But I still keep trying to make my team better each week. That's the fun of it for me.
Every league needs 12 owners like this. Kudos. 

I'm not usually a "just happy to be there" person, but I'm proud to have made the playoffs (even though I backed in). My chances of advancing are very low (even worse after Thursday night) but I'm actually happy to have fought my way into the postseason. It's not fun to lose, but there won't be any bitterness here. I somehow made it to week 15. 

Total opposite for me.  I seldom watch the games and it's been the least I've worked.  Still made the playoffs in both of my dynasty leagues and have pretty decent teams even though I too have been hit hard with injuries and Covid.  I glance at the game logs, track the stats and data but changed the way I analyze them (analyze smarter, not harder).  It's helped me create a better focus on VBR (value based rostering) and depth which has been crucial during these Covid seasons.  

I almost pulled off a pretty impressive feat yesterday. If Rondale Moore and Justin Jackson had scored .5 and .2 more points respectively, the seven players on my bench would have outscored all seven players in my line-up that played yesterday (Chase, Lamb, Mixon, Kamara, Aiyuk, Folk and Miami DEF).

Users who are viewing this thread