What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Mid Year Song Draft - Rounds 7 (AM) and 8 (PM) Friday - Playlist in Post #1 (1 Viewer)

J.16.PM - Turnstile - HOLIDAY
OMFUG. Does that EP ever get me to finally get Turnstile. HOLIDAY is just a fantastic song. I love it. Wow. Definitely on my must-watch list now. They got so melodic as opposed to their previous efforts, if I'm recalling them correctly. I never would have turned anything like this off. Holy ####. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or does this band get little love here in the States?
Honestly, I'm a poor judge of what does/does not become popular.  Since the digital revolution, I rarely listen to OTA radio.  I stream almost everything and use algorithms to determine my playlists instead of relying on DJ's to tell me what's good music.

I think the playlist we've created is an excellent example of just how limited "Top 40" is to the current musical scene.  If I had to guess, I'd say we selected maybe a dozen or so songs that made their way on a "Top 40" list, while the others, which were just as good if not better, failed to chart.  I've give this playlist about a half-dozen listens now and I think it's one of the better playlists I've been a part of these past few years.  Lot's of good music from a variety of sources.

But if you're asking if I think more people should listen to "Royal Blood"?  Hell yes!  I think their new album is one of the best released this year.  I'm actually kind of surprised no one drafted "Typhoons" or "Oblivion", which are two more great tunes.

Anywho...I also dished out a bunch of likes in this thread tonight to show my gratitude to those of you who selected songs that have already enriched my existence.  I'm sure there will be more to come as I continue to digest this bountiful feast of musicianship.

Peace!

J

Honestly, I'm a poor judge of what does/does not become popular.  Since the digital revolution, I rarely listen to OTA radio.  I stream almost everything and use algorithms to determine my playlists instead of relying on DJ's to tell me what's good music.

I think the playlist we've created is an excellent example of just how limited "Top 40" is to the current musical scene.  If I had to guess, I'd say we selected maybe a dozen or so songs that made their way on a "Top 40" list, while the others, which were just as good if not better, failed to chart.  I've give this playlist about a half-dozen listens now and I think it's one of the better playlists I've been a part of these past few years.  Lot's of good music from a variety of sources.

But if you're asking if I think more people should listen to "Royal Blood"?  Hell yes!  I think their new album is one of the best released this year.  I'm actually kind of surprised no one drafted "Typhoons" or "Oblivion", which are two more great tunes.

Anywho...I also dished out a bunch of likes in this thread tonight to show my gratitude to those of you who selected songs that have already enriched my existence.  I'm sure there will be more to come as I continue to digest this bountiful feast of musicianship.

Peace!

J
I don’t listen to top 40 either, never heard of them until I watched British TV.  

well i don't like the fact that there is no dark theme and i don't know if all of these are definitely my ABSOLUTE favorites, but I am emptying out the chamber today and through the weekend and then i have to stop so as not to drive myself crazy.

Douze

Black Hole Cypher - Ramson Badbones and friends

Six Six Sixteen

Life is Like a Dice Game - Nas, Freddie Gibbs, Cordae

I'm not sure if I totally understand how new this track is, because I'm sure I've heard it, but this is either a new version or the original version was never really finished, or something.  whatever, this version was released this year.

Six Six Sixteen

Life is Like a Dice Game - Nas, Freddie Gibbs, Cordae

I'm not sure if I totally understand how new this track is, because I'm sure I've heard it, but this is either a new version or the original version was never really finished, or something.  whatever, this version was released this year.
I read about this on Spotify, I think. These are old sessions re-released this year with different accompaniment. 

Users who are viewing this thread