What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

I'm not trying to argue, b/c to some degree I guess hiring Chip was sort of against my theory.

With that said, Howie been here 22 years. Just 4/5 years longer than the owner himself. I want him gone just can't see Jeff quitting him. 
My point is none of the meddling owner stuff started until Howie got into more prominent positions. I don’t recall hearing anything about a meddling owner for the 14 years Reid was here, 3 years of Chip and the first few years Doug was here. No former employees have ever mentioned it from what I’ve heard as well. 

Now Howie on the other hand is a different story. There’s TONS of issues around him and has been for a while. 

The Noid said:
Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma on the call again for our game this week in DET. Also means the E-team production crew that come along with them, so expect the same 3 basic camera angles all game and scant replays.

This is one of the many painful side effects of being a fan to an awful team.

I like Kenny Albert but Vilma is horrible. His love fest of Hurts was just your avg causal fan hot takes on Hurts. What really pissed me off was the reply of the Kelce personal foul and Vilma trying to play it causal of "oh he shouldn't do that". Dude you played for a team associated with paying players for injuring other teams players. You should be one of the last to talk about what players should legally do and not do. He also missed the part where the Raiders player low blowed Kelce which was blatant. It's the whole people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 

babydemon90 said:
It's very concerning if high quality coaches arent coming here because of Howie Roseman.

It's plausible but the info is coming from Jeff McLane who will write something partially true and then cover it on top with a bunch of plausible BS that makes it look real. 

Staley had an interview scheduled here but he declined it after accepting the LAC job. THat's fairly natural stuff that happens. Most people who follow the NFL closely like us know this to be true. McLane's audience are the knuckleheads calling into WIP constantly with their hot takes. 

This isn't me defending Howie but this sounds like another one of his "Howie has a huge Wentz Shrine in his office" and "Jeffrey Lurie was so upset with the Eagles performance he chose not to attend the road trip" fluff pieces he loves to do. 

Terpman22 said:
Well its also the owner, who questions coaches after W's why we didn't pass the ball more in a game where winds were 30 MPH. 

Are we sure that was even true? I keep seeing this in places but no one has provided a source  :link: to this claim or said who reported this 

Bigboy10182000 said:
My point is none of the meddling owner stuff started until Howie got into more prominent positions. I don’t recall hearing anything about a meddling owner for the 14 years Reid was here, 3 years of Chip and the first few years Doug was here. No former employees have ever mentioned it from what I’ve heard as well. 

Now Howie on the other hand is a different story. There’s TONS of issues around him and has been for a while. 

Yeah everyone who I know whos met Lurie or has dealt with him on a fairly daily bases I never got the vibe of a meddling owner. This sounds like something Howie's people would come up with to defend some of Howie's decisions. There's good things Howie does but a lot of bad too. 

Some of this stuff just sounds like BS made to look one person look worse than they really are. Everyone who I've come in contact with from sources, to media, to people who's worked at the stadium, coaches, family of them never a complaint about Lurie. One thing I found out from a former Gamdeday staff person is he tries to remember every single person he's come in contact that works for the team or at the stadium he's met and what their last conversation was. Always asking people if they need anything. Read a story during the anniversary of him buying the team (I think the 20th) was that he eats lunch with the players and coaches daily never alone in his office. Always sits at a different table each day conversing with everyone. Everyone has said Lurie's office is always open to anyone and if he doesn't have time right then to meet he will find the time. He even stays later in the day then he needs to accommodate that if need be. \

The Chip stuff? Certainly belieable because from what I heard the dude thought his 🙂 didn't stink. Dude was way over his head and full of himself. He mocked anyone who didn't think like him. As for the Lurie being Meddling I just can't see or believe any of that. We'd have heard something by now after all these yrs if true. Sal Pal, McManus, Berman, Bowen, Mosher, Kapadia when he was here etc all would've reported that if it was true. 

It's plausible but the info is coming from Jeff McLane who will write something partially true and then cover it on top with a bunch of plausible BS that makes it look real. 

Staley had an interview scheduled here but he declined it after accepting the LAC job. THat's fairly natural stuff that happens. Most people who follow the NFL closely like us know this to be true. McLane's audience are the knuckleheads calling into WIP constantly with their hot takes. 

This isn't me defending Howie but this sounds like another one of his "Howie has a huge Wentz Shrine in his office" and "Jeffrey Lurie was so upset with the Eagles performance he chose not to attend the road trip" fluff pieces he loves to do. 
Yea, that the 'if' true.  No idea.  But we also didn't get any of the 'hot' coaching candidates - Daboll stayed at Buffalo...  Maybe Lurie just wanted to hire an unknown, maybe he just really wanted to get some Reich magic somehow.  But there seems to be a lot of smoke around Howie not being well regarded around the league.

Yea, that the 'if' true.  No idea.  But we also didn't get any of the 'hot' coaching candidates - Daboll stayed at Buffalo...  Maybe Lurie just wanted to hire an unknown, maybe he just really wanted to get some Reich magic somehow.  But there seems to be a lot of smoke around Howie not being well regarded around the league.
And people keep trading with him despite that. 

I'm done. I can't with Siriani anymore. I'd say fire him but then who's the interim? Only guy with experience at all is Stoutland and he ain't gonna do it. 

They should have ####### hired Duce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done. I can't with Siriani anymore. I'd say fire him but then who's the interim? Oy guy with experience at all is Stlutland and he ain't gonna do it. 

Nah.  It's better for Duce long term to get some experience outside this organization, then can come back with knowledge and experience of how to do things better.

Just wish he didn't go to the f'n Lions.  Why couldnt he have gone to Arizona or Tampa Bay for a year...

How much is Siriani even making? His salary is unlisted. Wonder if it's under a million and that's why we don't know. Saving the owner money. 

Insein said:
Could also be that Lurie is passing on high quality coaches after interviewing them to see how controllable they are. 
I wonder if McDaniels would have come if given the commitment to pick Mac Jones instead of forcing another year of Hurts on a him or another decent prospective HC candidate 

I'm done. I can't with Siriani anymore. I'd say fire him but then who's the interim? Only guy with experience at all is Stoutland and he ain't gonna do it. 

The messaging is fine. He’s just not a great speaker at these press conferences. Just get him a better support staff on the coaching staff and he’ll be fine. 

And chances are, we can have Duce back and anyone else from that staff next year lol

I can't remember the actual info but I remember reading Daboll had already told teams he was staying in Buff this year and not to bother with him. I also heard and can't remember the details on an incident he had or he's difficult at times to work with. 

Again this isn't defending Howie but it'd be nice if people didn't pile on and used facts instead of fluffing it up to prove a point 

Duce wasn't gonna get hired. His coaching staff was pretty undesirable that he came up with at the meeting. Also despite being a good RB coach I heard there were issues with him and players on disagreements. Add onto the fact the Duce was very trusted to Lurie during the Chip Kelly Era (relaying player complaints about CK to Lurie who were afraid of repercussions for speaking up) and you got a guy who some would say was an Eagles puppet Coach. 

Also if Duce was so good why is it the only job he was offered was an OC job and teams weren't running to hire him? 

Duce is the definition of how this city views its players. If you want to be viewed as a star just come here, be gritty and average and you’re a God in the after life :lmao:

This season is what most of us thought it would be. I don’t know when or why we started thinking losing gracefully was going to be a thing. When you lose as many games we teams like us there is VERY LITTLE that looks good. This season was about seeing what we have and week to week it gets more clear on both sides of the ball and coaching. 

Right now we need:

1. Quarterback 

2. LBers

3. more DL

4. Quality veteran coaching. 

5. New GM

That’s what I’ve got from this season so far. We should have possible top 5 FA money along with the most draft capital of any team. Much of that top 5 can be addressed I’d think but this is what rebuilding teams look like and should be expected. 

We all knew we would lose a lot of games. What we didn't know was that the coaching staff was learning on the job and be running a very basic, Harry High School locker room. We rip Joe Judge for his antics. Siriani deserves it even more. 

Something fun. Top 100 QB Runs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/qh9ins/highlight_counting_down_the_top_100_qb_runs_in/

Mike Vick is a one man highlight reel. Eagles are the team with the most QB runs that made the list and they even left out Carson's run against WTF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8geJp5mVLA

Also to note. I saw a tweet from Kordell Stewart saying something like he would be better than Lamar in today's NFL. I'm not going to say that but Stew would be fun to watch. Another note, how have we not considered signing Newton?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/qh9ins/highlight_counting_down_the_top_100_qb_runs_in/

Mike Vick is a one man highlight reel. Eagles are the team with the most QB runs that made the list and they even left out Carson's run against WTF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8geJp5mVLA

Also to note. I saw a tweet from Kordell Stewart saying something like he would be better than Lamar in today's NFL. I'm not going to say that but Stew would be fun to watch. Another note, how have we not considered signing Newton?
Newton is toast. Shoulders and knees are shot. 

Random thought, but a lot of people preaching "patience, we knew this season would be tough" etc. I say, ok fine, but at the same time, this is easily the worst first year of a new coach we have ever had. Its just so terrible on so many levels. 

Burn it down.

We all knew we would lose a lot of games. What we didn't know was that the coaching staff was learning on the job and be running a very basic, Harry High School locker room. We rip Joe Judge for his antics. Siriani deserves it even more. 
Judge’s antics and issues aren’t in the same ballpark and Siriani’s. It’s one thing to talk to the media a certain way and who cares. They’re not in the locker room. It’s another to make your team and staff run laps after a loss at the professional level. 

Random thought, but a lot of people preaching "patience, we knew this season would be tough" etc. I say, ok fine, but at the same time, this is easily the worst first year of a new coach we have ever had. Its just so terrible on so many levels. 

Burn it down.
“It’s the worst first year but on a better pace than the 5th year SB winning HC had a year ago” 

These are the hot takes I’m taking about. This city (not saying you personally) is filled with idiots. 

“Burn it down!!!!!! Fire EVERYONE!!! 😡😡😡😡

*Team sucks cause of constant change like all the poor teams*

”I didn’t say burn it down like THAT!!! It should be a nicer, more calm fire that looks good and only loses by 1 each game!!!!! 😡😡😡

These are the “smart” fans who want two opposite things at the exact same time. 

Rebuilding teams look bad all over. Very, very simple. There is NOTHING Siriani can say that will not be made a big deal. 

Judge’s antics and issues aren’t in the same ballpark and Siriani’s. It’s one thing to talk to the media a certain way and who cares. They’re not in the locker room. It’s another to make your team and staff run laps after a loss at the professional level. 

“It’s the worst first year but on a better pace than the 5th year SB winning HC had a year ago” 

These are the hot takes I’m taking about. This city (not saying you personally) is filled with idiots. 

”I didn’t say burn it down like THAT!!! It should be a nicer, more calm fire that looks good and only loses by 1 each game!!!!! 😡😡😡

Rebuilding teams look bad all over. Very, very simple. There is NOTHING Siriani can say that will not be made a big deal. 
We just haven't had a true reset reset. Howie gotta go. I think we both agree here.

Coach is kind of amateur. I think we both agree here.

Will there be growth moving forward? Just looking for signs of progress. Not seeing any.

Burn it to the ground for me simply = Fire Howie, Fire Head Coach. 

But also, Make sure new Head Coach finds a way to Keep Jeff Stoutland around. 

I think having a team hate you because you remind them of the times they had to work hard is better than having your team think you're a joke and choose to ignore you. 

I think having a team hate you because you remind them of the times they had to work hard is better than having your team think you're a joke and choose to ignore you. 

Just a minute ago:

Eagles team captain Rodney McLeod on Nick Sirianni: “His energy is always good. That’s why regardless of our record, everybody still believes in him.”

We just haven't had a true reset reset. Howie gotta go. I think we both agree here.

Coach is kind of amateur. I think we both agree here.

Will there be growth moving forward? Just looking for signs of progress. Not seeing any.

Burn it to the ground for me simply = Fire Howie, Fire Head Coach. 

But also, Make sure new Head Coach finds a way to Keep Jeff Stoutland around. 
This is the rebuild and will be 100% complete when Howie is gone next year. 

The coach is a few games in. It’s ridiculous to even consider firing a HC who’s rebuilding after 7 games lol. How long does the intern HC get? 7 as well? Lol

You won’t see a ton of progress on bad teams. That’s usually why they suck. But if there was some I’d say the OL looks good, Smith and Watkins as well as Goedert. Hargrave on the other side of the ball as well as many of the DB’s. Gotta give Sanders the ball more but he looks good. So does Gainwell 🤷‍♂️

This is the rebuild and will be 100% complete when Howie is gone next year. 

The coach is a few games in. It’s ridiculous to even consider firing a HC who’s rebuilding after 7 games lol. How long does the intern HC get? 7 as well? Lol

You won’t see a ton of progress on bad teams. That’s usually why they suck. But if there was some I’d say the OL looks good, Smith and Watkins as well as Goedert. Hargrave on the other side of the ball as well as many of the DB’s. Gotta give Sanders the ball more but he looks good. So does Gainwell 🤷‍♂️
Ya I'm kinda in the middle on this.  I do think firing him is a bit of an overreaction.  Give him next year too and if we don't go .500 next year then get rid of him.

However, he's gotta stop talking like this at pressers, it's not making him look very good and makes us look like a kids football team.

Ya I'm kinda in the middle on this.  I do think firing him is a bit of an overreaction.  Give him next year too and if we don't go .500 next year then get rid of him.

However, he's gotta stop talking like this at pressers, it's not making him look very good and makes us look like a kids football team.

If I were to list all of the things I care about with the football team, how the coach sounds at pressers would probably be last. Didn’t care for Reid, Chip, Doug or Siriani. Every one of them had different styles and all bashed. All I want is improvement in the field. 

If I were to list all of the things I care about with the football team, how the coach sounds at pressers would probably be last. Didn’t care for Reid, Chip, Doug or Siriani. Every one of them had different styles and all bashed. All I want is improvement in the field. 
Reid said nothing. Chip said everything while saying nothing. Doug was a goofball that said more than he should have. But all of them talked football. 

The bottom line is that Siriani can get away with talking about ####### global politics if he wants so long as he's showing that the team knows how to play football. Through 7 weeks, I don't think they do. 

Reid said nothing. Chip said everything while saying nothing. Doug was a goofball that said more than he should have. But all of them talked football. 

The bottom line is that Siriani can get away with talking about ####### global politics if he wants so long as he's showing that the team knows how to play football. Through 7 weeks, I don't think they do. 
I know I’m like a broken record but there’s not a team within our group that looks like they “know how to play football”. Ours, IMO, is by design 🤷‍♂️

Bigboy10182000 said:
I know I’m like a broken record but there’s not a team within our group that looks like they “know how to play football”. Ours, IMO, is by design 🤷‍♂️
What I mean by this, as much as it sucks to hear, is that we have more in common with the Jags than we do a team like the Dolphins for instance. 

Look at the youth and inexperience just on the offense in Hurts, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Watkins, Goedert (just now getting starts), Mailata, Dickerson and even Dillard. That’s a TON of inexperienced guys who are starting and getting tons of playing time. I never expected them to just come out and be like the teams that are even middle of the pack. Look at the age and experience of teams like the Browns, Vikings or the Chargers who are all in the bracket above  us. A guy like Theilan or Keenan Allen may have more NFL experience than 80% of the group I mentioned above. This year is a wash and we haven’t even hit the worst part yet lol

@The Noid, how many people in that contest had us under 4-5 wins before the season?

i think i said 6 too. based on the conversations back then 4-5 wins was probably on most of our minds collectively. i knew i was being optimistic, sort of "if" certain things fell in place, this is easily a 6-7 win team. those things didn't happen, especially the "run the ball more" part. actually, they do run the ball more, but not what i had in mind...

jon007 said:

Good God I want NO PART of Newton

G-King said:
Besides Newton physically sucking, his “all about me first” ego would be a cancer in a lockerroom that already seems to have a very lackadaisical atmosphere.  No way! Jaylen Hurt on a learning curve is still the best option until next year.
As much as I DONT believe in Jalen Hurts, I agree...though if he continues as he has, I wouldn't mind seeing Minshew in there for a few games, if only to keep his skills up. NOt a bad backup to have around

Users who are viewing this thread