What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 rookie rankings Post NFL draft pick 1.04 (Closed) (1 Viewer)

TE premium scoring leagues

• Jaylen Waddle WR MIami Dolphins

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Devonta Smith WR Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Kadarius Toney WR NY Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travis Etienne RB Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Rashod Bateman WR Baltimore Ravens

• Elijah Moore WR NY Jets

• Javonte Williams RB Denver Broncos

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Trevor Lawrence QB Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Zach Wilson QB NY Jets

• Trey Lance QB San Francisco 49ers

• Justin Fields QB Chicago Bears

• Mac Jones QB New England Patriots

• Rondale Moore WR Arizona Cardinals

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
Pick 4 now. Voting has slowed down a bit compared to the first 2 polls.

As always if the player you want to vote for isnt listed vote other and please post who you voted for so they can be added to the next poll. Also suggest players to be added to the next poll if you think you would vote for them soon. If you dont play in a particular format then just vote that.

Discussion welcome. Thanks for voting.

Results so far:

Standard 

1.01 Najee Harris

1.02 Ja'Marr Chase

1.03 Kyle Pitts 

1.04 Travis Etienne

PPR

1.01 Ja'Marr Chase

1.02 Najee Harris

1.03 Kyle Pitts

1.04 Travis Etienne 

2 QB

1.01 Trevor Lawrence

1.02 Trey Lance 

1.03 Justin Fields

1.04 Ja'Marr Chase

TE Premium

1.01 Kyle Pitts

1.02 Najee Harris

1.03 Ja'Marr Chase

1.04 Travis Etienne

Links to previous polls

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be interested to see where Pitts fits in with the top QB's in a SF & TEP league, where would you take him?

Oh ok I get it now. What if the league is SF and TE premium?

Thats a good question. I guess I would lean more to the 2QB poll in this case. I think it might be too niche to make a separate category for that, but maybe not.

Good question.

Oh ok I get it now. What if the league is SF and TE premium?

Thats a good question. I guess I would lean more to the 2QB poll in this case. I think it might be too niche to make a separate category for that, but maybe not.

Good question.
I just think it makes it interesting with people so high on him.  I'm doing a SF & TEP league for the first time and was sitting at 1.03 with that exact question.

I just think it makes it interesting with people so high on him.  I'm doing a SF & TEP league for the first time and was sitting at 1.03 with that exact question.
Well the scoring system would matter in this case. If the QB get 6 points for TD throws for example they are more valuable than in leagues where they only score 4.

It becomes a VBD type of decision I think. I was just looking at Dan Hinderys trade chart that Joe shared recently and I think that might be helpful for answering this question for you.

Its a great question though and I would like to hear more peoples opinions about that. Myself I am not entirely sure right now. I would have to give that more thought first.

So I just plugged 1.5 points for receptions for TE and in Dans chart this causes Pitts to be the 11th player overall and more valuable than any QB even if I give the QB 6 points for TDs.

I am going to say that Pitts is overvalued being that high. There is absolutely no upside drafting him at this value.

So I just plugged 1.5 points for receptions for TE and in Dans chart this causes Pitts to be the 11th player overall and more valuable than any QB even if I give the QB 6 points for TDs.

I am going to say that Pitts is overvalued being that high. There is absolutely no upside drafting him at this value.
I did that wrong though as I didnt check superflex. If I do SF with 1.5 points for receptions that puts Pitts at 20 and after Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance. 

Thats much better I think. I still think Pitts is being over valued a bit but I hope that somewhat answers your question.

Would be interested to see where Pitts fits in with the top QB's in a SF & TEP league, where would you take him?
I have done maybe a dozen SF rookie drafts that are TE premium and he has gone as early as 1.01 and I took him at 1.07 in one and saw him last to 1.08 in another. He was typically going 1.02 to 1.05 though. 

I had the 1.02 in that format and strongly considered him. Took Lance instead, might regret it. 

socrates said:
No TE prospects in the TE Premium poll?  
We discussed this in the previous poll and I added Mac Jones ahead of the next TE because it looks like the next one doesnt get drafted until pick 13 or so.

That said I will start adding TE to that poll and the others on the next one to look for earlier voters.

TE Pat Freiermuth would be the next one to add; however, there was as close to zero without being zero chance of him getting voted in for the 1.04 selection, even in a typical TE premium scoring format.

TE Pat Freiermuth would be the next one to add; however, there was as close to zero without being zero chance of him getting voted in for the 1.04 selection, even in a typical TE premium scoring format.
True.  I like Freiermuth, but not 1.04, regardless of the format.  I guess I was just a bit surprised with so many players listed, none was at the TE position.  

Actually I did see Friermuth go in the 1st round in one FFPC rookie draft but it was 1/20. He didn't even go in the 2nd in many.

True.  I like Freiermuth, but not 1.04, regardless of the format.  I guess I was just a bit surprised with so many players listed, none was at the TE position.  
Yeah I have been trying to populate the list based on NFL draft position as much as I can and that's why I needed Mac Jones listed.

But  another thing I would always like to have is 2 choices per position available as well. So I will start adding players with this also in mind.

I'm limited to 13 players per poll here, so this gets easier to do both the further in we go. Almost there now.

eta - I could have dropped Rondale Moore from the poll but I am particularly interested in him and its my poll so he stays listed.

I was going to close this earlier today at around 50 or so votes but we have a tie in the standard poll now so I am going to let it run for awhile and hope we dont need a run off poll to resolve it.

61 votes in and we have Javonte Williams with 22 votes Travis Etienne 22 votes in the standard poll.

There are one vote each for Waddle and Smith. I also see one vote for other, not sure who that vote is intended for.

I will check in on this again tomorrow but if its still really close like this maybe a run off poll and discussion on that would be fun.

61 votes in and we have Javonte Williams with 22 votes Travis Etienne 22 votes in the standard poll.

There are one vote each for Waddle and Smith. I also see one vote for other, not sure who that vote is intended for.

I will check in on this again tomorrow but if its still really close like this maybe a run off poll and discussion on that would be fun.
You might need a runoff for Harris vs. Chase in the 2QB league too. I have always wondered, should the scoring in that poll be considered standard or PPR?

You might need a runoff for Harris vs. Chase in the 2QB league too. I have always wondered, should the scoring in that poll be considered standard or PPR?
Yeah people always wonder about that. I have been telling folks to vote for their leagues scoring system in this case although some of you may be in different 2QB leagues, some with PPR some not.

The only way to differentiate between them would be to have 2 separate polls for that.

I will consider doing that next year as it does seem to me that 2 QB leagues have increased in popularity and more people seem to be playing in those now, which is great!

Yeah people always wonder about that. I have been telling folks to vote for their leagues scoring system in this case although some of you may be in different 2QB leagues, some with PPR some not.

The only way to differentiate between them would be to have 2 separate polls for that.

I will consider doing that next year as it does seem to me that 2 QB leagues have increased in popularity and more people seem to be playing in those now, which is great!
It's a fine balance trying to cover all the popular formats without getting into the weeds, so I understand that approach (same comment for the TEP + SF discussion earlier).

I just wonder if it'd be better to pick a format for the unclear ones, to remove some inconsistency in voting from one pick to the next (maybe 0.5PPR to split the difference).

Or, if you continue doing it exactly as you have, it's still a really useful thread that I'll visit and vote in often. I'm certainly not trying to nitpick your good contributions 😁

Some years back the 2QB poll would have so few votes and many tiies happen then and it would slow the progress of each poll by days sometimes trying to resolve a poll few voters were participating in. So separating that further would compound this problem of few votes even more.

That said I am seeing a lot more votes on that poll now than even perhaps a few years back, I would need to check on that but I think so, and if so 2 separate polls for 2 QB might not be as much of a problem.

With 72 votes in now I am starting to see ETN and Chase put some distance on their ties. I will let this run a little longer but that is how it looks like this poll is going tp go now.

Users who are viewing this thread