What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For posterity, before we shut down here, some bold proclamations:
  • The Nuggets are going back-to-back next year.
  • Jokic is going to win the 23-24 MVP.
  • Murray is going to make an All-NBA team next year.
  • Gordon is going to make an All-Defense team next year.
  • Jokic is going down (eventually) as a top 15 player of all time.

Addition:

Jokic won't be the last player picked for an all-star team by Team LeBron and Team Giannis​

Addition:

Jokic won't be the last player picked for an all-star team by Team LeBron and Team Giannis​
They are getting rid of that all-star draft non-sense, right?

I agree with most of these. Especially the last one. I think the Buckmigos could give Denver a run next year. Hope we get a Giannis-Joker final at some point.

Also…

The Orlando Magic will be a top-6 seed in the East.

Some good snark here on Boston radio yesterday.

Multiple people pointing out the massive dichotomy between Jason Tatum treating the meaningless All Star MVP trophy like his first born and Jokic's almost disdain for the finals MVP trophy.

Multiple people pointing out the massive dichotomy between Jason Tatum treating the meaningless All Star MVP trophy like his first born and Jokic's almost disdain for the finals MVP trophy.
Eh, I hate all that stuff. Not saying the ASG is the finals but think about how hard somebody like Tatum had to work to not just make the NBA, but make that game and then win the MVP, even if relatively meaningless. Just seems like a waste of energy to deride him for that.

Will local fans be able to watch them on cable TV?

I agree with 2,4 and 5.

I can't take a team to repeat over the field the unless they are just all time great team. Denver is very good.

Eh, I hate all that stuff. Not saying the ASG is the finals but think about how hard somebody like Tatum had to work to not just make the NBA, but make that game and then win the MVP, even if relatively meaningless. Just seems like a waste of energy to deride him for that.

Michael Jordan took the slam dunk contest really serious and wanted to win. Seemed like it worked out well for him. Some fans are really dumb.

• Jokic is going down (eventually) as a top 5 player of all time.
I agree with all of that.

Tatum, well Tatums game and antics...are just just....unlikeable. Awful time to be a Celtics fan. Bring back Al Jefferson! Seriously though, back in the day we had the 80's Celtics, then a rough patch with Len Bias and Reggie stuff, then the super likable Paul Pierce arrived, the KG, after that we had everyone's favorite King of the 4th for a couple of years, My favorite team guy Marcus Smart leading the way by example early, and now we have the J's. Oof.

• The Wolves are going to make the conference finals (no play-in) next year.
  • Edwards is going to finish top 5 for 23-24 MVP.
  • Edwards is going to make an All-NBA team next year.
  • Edwards is going to make an All-Defense team next year.
  • Edwards is going down (eventually) as a top 15 player of all time.

Michael Jordan took the slam dunk contest really serious and wanted to win. Seemed like it worked out well for him. Some fans are really dumb.
This was brought up although since it was Boston it was Bird and the three point contest.

The haters countered that the three point and slam dunk competitions are ultra competitive where as the all star game no one even pretends to play defense.

Doubt it. Completely asinine that the Avs and Nuggets have been so good for the last three years but are unavailable to 90% of the state.

Doubt it. Completely asinine that the Avs and Nuggets have been so good for the last three years but are unavailable to 90% of the state.
why is that brohan is it a tv market thing take that to the bank brochacho

As much as I hated him on the Celtics and as an announcer, I really enjoyed the Bill Walton 30/30. He was before my time so I never appreciated how dominant he was before the injuries. I also never realized how political he was at UCLA. He was running with some serious folks back then....and if you like The Grateful Dead, you'll appreciate the doc as "Grateful Red "was a huge fan.

I lived right across the river from Portland during those Bill Walton years....

That championship season was remarkable

One odd little thing I remember is that Bill tried to ride his bike in the championship parade. That wasn't going to happen, what with all the rabid fans

His bike kind of disappeared into the crowd, but was returned to him after all was said and done.

Don't have access to ESPN right now, but I'll have to find a way to see that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread