What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (4 Viewers)

Lamar is 1-3 with a 56% comp 9OO yds 3 TDs to 5 INTS All 3 TDs were in both 18-19 seasons, passer rating of 68 with 19 sacks with 5 fumbles. He's been pretty terrible so bad he was benched for Huntley in his last playoff game in a game that wasn't a blow out vs Buffalo. Its just not good at all.
How did Eli look in his first 2 playoff games? You seem to excuse some bad performances but not others. Especially with these very young QB.

Didn't Andy Reid once say it takes a QB 5 years in a system till they're comfortable in it? But you've decided already what Hurts is in less than 2.
So have you

:shrug:
I haven't decided anything other than he's playing great and enjoying the season. I'm not predicting anything beyond the next game.

ETA: check that - I've decided I've seen enough growth this season that he's earned the right to be the Eagles starting QB next season.
I really don't understand all these people and their straw hat arguments. Just saying that we're happy and impressed with a guy leading us to 10-1, who clearly has earned the right to be our starter, apparently means we think he's the best qb in the league, going to win a super bowl, and will be a hall of famer (and then cowboysfan pops in occassionally to 'not troll' but to ONLY make derogatory comments about our fans). ****ing unreal.

This is simply not true. I haven’t posted in this thread much lately, and I posted very recently that I thought Djax’s posts were thought out and made sense.

Why do you feel the need to always take offense and make things up? It’s very odd 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nothing is made up. You post here about eagles fans 10X as much as you post anything about Eagles football. Everyone knows this. When have you made posts about football in here lately? It's always nothing but "can't post anything bad here without getting attacked!" over and over, but not a single thing about the team. That's textbook trolling.

Not sure sure what he said as I have him on ignore but he does make stuff up about posters he dislikes. I
lol nothing is made up. Every poster in here thinks you're incredibly un-self-aware, stubborn, and dug in so deep on this that it's comical how you'll avoid any praise for 'your' qb any time you get. And this is another 'oh i have him on ignore' which every few weeks you respond to something and say you just momentarily took me off lol.

Again, simply not true
Looks like someone else also has the blinders on lol. It's absolutely true, my god.

Every other Eagles poster. You're a bit of an oddball in here. Honestly don't think you try to troll....but you often end up doing just that.
Exactly, not saying everyone dislikes Djax, but everyone is super annoyed with his inability to even have 1% of an open mind about Hurts or give him credit when it's due. Even if it's 1 good play a game.

Anyways we got a game today! As much as I don't read too much into the hype narratives, I'm pretty excited to see how AJ does today, how the fans react, what his numbers are, etc.
I still don't know how Tennessee has the 4th best record in the AFC, but they must be doing something right. If we can control Henry we should be able to win this game.

Vegas says 24-20.
I'll go 27-20. AJ with 4 for 65 and 1 TD.

Not sure sure what he said as I have him on ignore but he does make stuff up about posters he dislikes. I
lol nothing is made up. Every poster in here thinks you're incredibly un-self-aware, stubborn, and dug in so deep
Again, simply not true
I like trash talk with opponents, especially Cowboys fans. I think of it like professional wrestling... good clean fun. Aside from one notable exception, which I apologized for, I take you in stride, but you have to admit, you're much bigger on coming in and telling us how we are as fans, and light on actual football discussion. Which is fine, you do you, but it definitely comes across as troll-y more than wanting to talk real smack.

268 yards passing in the first half. Pretty good for a one-read QB who can't go through his progressions.

And they've tied the most points put against the Titans since week 3 - on one half. Keep hating!

That's in spite of all of the pre-snap penalties committed by the O-line.

Looked good today. Still will be difficult to beat SF/Dallas, but really hoping we won't have to face either of them until the NFCC, if at all.

Looked good today. Still will be difficult to beat SF/Dallas, but really hoping we won't have to face either of them until the NFCC, if at all.

Dallas is good. Probably the one team as balanced as the Eagles. Minnesota defense isn't great, that will come back to bite them in the playoffs. SF without a legitimate QB is going to be tough to win.

Hell of a performance, and that's with quite a few penalties. So many people were all so stressed about the passing offense and the rush defense - and both were lights out today.

lol nothing is made up. Every poster in here thinks you're incredibly un-self-aware, stubborn, and dug in so deep
Again, simply not true

Honestly not sure why you just don't put him on ignore at this point. He's just going to continue getting in a pissing match with you. Better to leave it how it is.

268 yards passing in the first half. Pretty good for a one-read QB who can't go through his progressions.

And they've tied the most points put against the Titans since week 3 - on one half. Keep hating!

TENN Pass defense is ranked bottom 3rd of the league. I thought they'd have more issues running then they did but I also didn't realize how many KEY STARTERS DEFENSIVELY TENN DIDN"T HAVE. The reason I mention this is a ton of fans are bringing up how Hurts put 35 up on the same defense Mahomes only had 17 on. Tenn didn't have the amount of injuries they do now. Still next Man Up but definitely not the same defense Mahomes faced.

Also on Brown's first TD I think we got away with OPI on Brown but they weren't gonna call it. The offense made some mistakes and Hurts did fumble on a strip sack he should've gotten rid of the ball on sooner. Luckily we recovered it. He played a good game none the less encouraging to see between the hash throws. The Hit he took from Byard on the QB draw is exactly what @STEADYMOBBIN 22 and I said we are worried about. He's a big guy but eventually they'll take their toll on him. I'm still not sold though. I want to see what he can do in the playoffs and I don't want the Eagles to rush to sign him long term first chance they get. He's earned to at least be the QB next year and lets see if he can constantly do what he's done this year or if this season was just a fluke If they have to and want to depending how well he plays they can always franchise tag him tag him like I said. That's the issue I have with QB drafted after the 1st round. You don't get the luxury of a 5th year option. I don't think they will make any rash decisions unless there's just an opportunity they can't pass up they believe is a big upgrade. Unless you are an established elite player every year in this league you are fighting for your job. The offense has stuff they need to clean up still.

Tannenhill looked like he reaggravated his leg. which minimized him The DL played well for us. DH isn't the same RB he was a few yrs ago but he's still a great player. I don't think Tannenhill or Willis is really the answer at QB for him.

Special teams played well today. But the offenses had some miscues on Penalties. For once I'd like to see this team play a complete game before the playoffs on all facets of the ball. It Really liked seeing Dean get in there 2 tackles and drew a penalty within minutes of being on defense. Next year I think it's the Nakobe Dean show as I think he'll get more opportunities. Edwards and White are both FA's after the season and I only see them keeping one of them.

We need to clean up the mistakes because that's gonna be what kills us in the playoffs. Davis looked like he got hurt again too. We really need to get our key guys back and not sustain any other injuries as I don't think we really have the depth overall to sustain this success of we don't.

Again, simply not true
How bout now
Just about the best to come down the line since Montana imo

Best QB of all time dude. He's already better then Brady because Brady Cheated. Oh and Rodgers. He's also the best Eagles franchise QB already despite not even being close to McNabb and Jaws passing records.

I'm still not sold though. I want to see what he can do in the playoffs and I don't want the Eagles to rush to sign him long term first chance they get.

For clarity's sake... Besides Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow - which QB's are you currently sold on?

We talked over the offseason how the defense needed more playmakers and big plays.

15INTs

8 FR 4 vs JAX

42 Sacks

Howie and company deserve a lot of credit for overhauling this and Gannon for his scheming and coaching this year. This was probably the one unit I was overall excited about watching this year and its been awhile since I could say that about a defense of the Eagles.

Roob's observations...#1 definitely hits on a hot button topic discussed a lot here lately. :)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...jalen-hurts-britain-covey-eagles-observations

1. I’m not sure what Hurts has to do to prove he’s one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks, but if this performance doesn’t do it I don’t know what will. This was magic. Absolute magic from the 24-year-old Hurts, and he’s playing at such a consistently dazzling level even the grumpiest, most miserable Carson Wentz backer has to admit that this kid is a flat-out star and the Eagles have one of the most exciting young quarterbacks the league has seen in years. You want 150 rushing yards? Check. You want 380 passing yards and three touchdowns? Check. What can’t he do? Hurts was 29-for-39 for 380 yards, three TDs passing, one rushing, no interceptions again and a 130.3 passer rating Sunday. He’s only the fifth QB in NFL history with 375 passing yards, 74 percent accuracy, three TD passes, a rushing TD and no interceptions in a game. He’s now 214-for-318 for 2,560 yards this year with 20 touchdowns and three interceptions and nine rushing touchdowns, and the team he so brilliantly leads is 11-1 and on top of the NFL world. And if you don’t like it, then go become a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan or something, because if you’re not 100 percent on board with Hurts at this point there’s no hope for you and you’re not a real Eagles fan and you never were. The kid is astonishing.

Roob's observations...#1 definitely hits on a hot button topic discussed a lot here lately. :)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...jalen-hurts-britain-covey-eagles-observations

1. I’m not sure what Hurts has to do to prove he’s one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks, but if this performance doesn’t do it I don’t know what will. This was magic. Absolute magic from the 24-year-old Hurts, and he’s playing at such a consistently dazzling level even the grumpiest, most miserable Carson Wentz backer has to admit that this kid is a flat-out star and the Eagles have one of the most exciting young quarterbacks the league has seen in years. You want 150 rushing yards? Check. You want 380 passing yards and three touchdowns? Check. What can’t he do? Hurts was 29-for-39 for 380 yards, three TDs passing, one rushing, no interceptions again and a 130.3 passer rating Sunday. He’s only the fifth QB in NFL history with 375 passing yards, 74 percent accuracy, three TD passes, a rushing TD and no interceptions in a game. He’s now 214-for-318 for 2,560 yards this year with 20 touchdowns and three interceptions and nine rushing touchdowns, and the team he so brilliantly leads is 11-1 and on top of the NFL world. And if you don’t like it, then go become a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan or something, because if you’re not 100 percent on board with Hurts at this point there’s no hope for you and you’re not a real Eagles fan and you never were. The kid is astonishing.
Yeah, I can't say enough about how good he has looked this year. In the game thread, I called a 330+ yd/3 TD game before he even hit the first TD to Devonta. You could just see it all over Hurts- he was poised in the pocket, saw everything the TEN Def was giving him with a single-high Safety look and was picking them apart with ease. Anyone picking nits with this performance (looking at you, @DJackson10 :wink:) is crazy. He was outstanding today. Coming on the heels of a record-breaking rushing performance, it's even more magnificent.

In the offseason, I was skeptical of Hurts. Weak QB draft class? Sure, give Hurts a shot this year and find out what he has, maybe trade him for something decent when we draft a QB with our 2 First Rounders next year. Now, the Eagles are in the enviable position of being able to fill some Defensive holes with those 1st Rounders and build around a really talented Offensive core. We have our franchise QB.

Yeah, I can't say enough about how good he has looked this year. In the game thread, I called a 330+ yd/3 TD game before he even hit the first TD to Devonta. You could just see it all over Hurts- he was poised in the pocket, saw everything the TEN Def was giving him with a single-high Safety look and was picking them apart with ease. Anyone picking nits with this performance (looking at you, @DJackson10 :wink:) is crazy. He was outstanding today. Coming on the heels of a record-breaking rushing performance, it's even more magnificent.

In the offseason, I was skeptical of Hurts. Weak QB draft class? Sure, give Hurts a shot this year and find out what he has, maybe trade him for something decent when we draft a QB with our 2 First Rounders next year. Now, the Eagles are in the enviable position of being able to fill some Defensive holes with those 1st Rounders and build around a really talented Offensive core. We have our franchise QB.

I think we can go bpa in the draft. But if I had to pick. Secondary would be nice. can't go wrong with more good oline or dline.
Don't need a qb for sure!
Sitting pretty.

It's like he's read this thread.

I think we can go bpa in the draft. But if I had to pick. Secondary would be nice. can't go wrong with more good oline or dline.
Sitting pretty.
I'm always a fan of beefing up either of the lines. Can't have enough. Then the secondary.

It was nice seeing Nakobe Dean get some playing time in the 4th Q. Looked pretty good in a small sample size.

Sitting pretty.
I'm always a fan of beefing up either of the lines. Can't have enough. Then the secondary.

It was nice seeing Nakobe Dean get some playing time in the 4th Q. Looked pretty good in a small sample size.

Bradberry and slay aren't young either. Would be nice to get a top safety prospect as well.

Sitting pretty.

Dean looks really small out there. I don't think he'll hold up physically in a 17 game season.

Real quick, just wanna say, if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all. I got him on ignore b/c its annoying, but don't want to waste a bunch of time talking about that very small thing in relation to the grand scheme.

Wait til he sees the picture of the stats of 2017 Wentz vs 2022 Hurts thru 12 games.

Great win, I had it 28-20 in my mind, didn't expect to shut down Henry "so easily"

This team is going to the Super Bowl. There I said it. Jimmy G has a broken foot and their season is over. Dallas isn't both beating Tom Brady in Tampa AND another divisional game to beat us in Philly. Just ain't happening. This team is special. The rest of the league is on notice and if they are not, they will find out.

Go Birds!

OBJ visiting Dallas today. On one hand, he's 30 years-old and coming off a major injury. On the other, with Cooper gone Dallas doesn't currently have a legit #1 stud WR so if OBJ is close to his top form it makes them a better team we might have to play in the playoffs.

if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all.
Yeah if you're a true fan you're ecstatic about an 11-1 record. And I don't care what defense they just played, a near 400 yard passing day is something to be happy about - not downplay. When a team can go out and dominate in the running game then turn around and thoroughly dominate in the passing game, that's a pretty damn good offense. I don't care what excuses you come up with, the Eagles just put up the most points against the Titans since week 3, and they did it before halftime.

Stop hatin', enjoy your team!

if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all.
Yeah if you're a true fan you're ecstatic about an 11-1 record. And I don't care what defense they just played, a near 400 yard passing day is something to be happy about - not downplay. When a team can go out and dominate in the running game then turn around and thoroughly dominate in the passing game, that's a pretty damn good offense. I don't care what excuses you come up with, the Eagles just put up the most points against the Titans since week 3, and they did it before halftime.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on but this is a great post. There’s nothing to be down about and it’s an exciting time to watch the team!

If you want to take a cautious approach on Hurts it’s totally understandable. Wentz went from being a MVP, franchise QB with a photographic memory and the next Aaron Rodgers to on the cusp of being out of the league in a short amount of time. Even with that said you can acknowledge the gains the team and Hurts have made. I was definitely one who didn’t think he’d be able to make this big of a leap but the combination of weapons and another year in the offense has done him wonders. I’m excited to see what the future holds!

Hope you all have been doing well!!

OBJ visiting Dallas today. On one hand, he's 30 years-old and coming off a major injury. On the other, with Cooper gone Dallas doesn't currently have a legit #1 stud WR so if OBJ is close to his top form it makes them a better team we might have to play in the playoffs.
I hope it happens. They are going to bend over backward for headlines and to make him happy and its going to throw the team off. Just watch. I like how we are just brushing past the fact he tore his ACL just 10 months ago. I haven't seen any workout tapes/rehab/anything on that end. Seems like a hedge.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on but this is a great post. There’s nothing to be down about and it’s an exciting time to watch the team!

If you want to take a cautious approach on Hurts it’s totally understandable. Wentz went from being a MVP, franchise QB with a photographic memory and the next Aaron Rodgers to on the cusp of being out of the league in a short amount of time. Even with that said you can acknowledge the gains the team and Hurts have made. I was definitely one who didn’t think he’d be able to make this big of a leap but the combination of weapons and another year in the offense has done him wonders. I’m excited to see what the future holds!

Hope you all have been doing well!!
Agree here, but the very reason Wentz is shrinking and failing and doing the Homer Simpson back into the bushes is the very thing we ALL KNEW Hurts had - leadership and mental toughness. If anything we *KNEW* about Hurts was that. And he has like a 100 Madden rating/whatever you want to say on intangibles. The entire NFL and Eagles fanbase, in chorus basically sang, "He has all the intangibles, but can he prove it on the field"

I think its safe to say he has done that. He has just as many total touchdowns (29), that Wentz had thru 12 games in 2017, half as many INTs (3) and just 100 less passing yards (while sitting out the 4th Q in 2 blowouts).

Hurts is built differently. On many levels.

Time to get hype boys, we got a real one!

TENN Pass defense is ranked bottom 3rd of the league.

Also let's not overlook this, but it's not a negative. Against Green Bay, Hurts was able to use their weakness against them. Against Tennessee, it was a very different weakness, and Hurts was able to exploit that as well.
Yea, it's not (and hasn't been) that dominating every week, but every team has ups and downs based on playcalling, matchups, etc.. If Hurts wasn't a good QB, then Tennessee's weakness wouldn't have been able to be exploited so hard (I mean TEN is still a winning team). Keep in mind they're only bottom 3rd pass defense based on yards - because they are top 3 in rush defense. Teams HAVE to pass the ball, so yea they're higher in yards allowed. They're middle of the pack in pass defense by yards/attempt.

The best offense run or pass based on the matchup and exploiting the other teams weakness or what defense look they are giving you.

Users who are viewing this thread