What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

I posted in the game thread I don't really like the Eagles but that video has me second guessing myself. I am a big fan of Hurts the man and the QB. I always like teams that play with a chip on their shoulder or have a "**** the world" mentality. The 2 chicks I know from Philly are both foul mouthed hotties who can drink me under the table. I might be coming around on the team.

The reason I opened the thread was to post this hype video from warm ups today:
lol, yeah that is an odd choice for the warm-ups. would love to know who is behind it
I love Siri, but that seems like it was his choice.

Wow

ETA I must be reading this wrong but they have him at a higher value than Herbert and Burrow. Herbert I can see an argument but Burrow? Hmmmm
As a stat nerd, if there was such a stat, i'd bet Hurts contributes more to each point scored on the Eagles team than Burrow does for the Bengals. He's playing with a pair of one's at receiver and I'd put both Mixon and Perine above our backs. so a pure value analysis would say Hurts is worth more to our franchise than Burrow is to theirs. :geek:
Who are you taking in a must win game for your life?

Right now I'd take Burrow and it's actually not close. Hopefully that opinion will change over the next season or two. Great question, but very different angle than saying Burrow's value to his team is not as high as Hurts' value to his, I think.
I'd take Burrow too. Still though,there isn't 10 other QB's Id rather in the league and a top 10 qb in the 2nd round is fantastic.

sigh…
Not going the way you hoped it would with all these Eagles fans taking Burrow, is it.
Uh….lol. The sigh is because (most) Eagles fans on this board can’t post something like “Burrow is great, really clutch I’d take him in a second” without posting “HURTS IS GOOD TOO!!!!”

:lmao:

Anyone with 2 eyes and a brain would take Burrow over Hurts to win a must win game today
You do realize this is an Eagles thread, not a generic NFL QB thread, right?
Tbh, when I asked the question I thought it was the game thread.

What’s the difference?

I could see getting confused there I've posted stuff in GT and vise versa that was suppose to go to the other thread

I posted in the game thread I don't really like the Eagles but that video has me second guessing myself. I am a big fan of Hurts the man and the QB. I always like teams that play with a chip on their shoulder or have a "**** the world" mentality. The 2 chicks I know from Philly are both foul mouthed hotties who can drink me under the table. I might be coming around on the team.

I love our coach but if I was one of the players I'd instantly want to take over DJ duties. Some of the crap they have is just horrible. Playing creed? We're losing Sunday now. I wouldn't subject a child to their music it's as bad as Nickelback and Scott Stapp the lead singer is one of those do as I say not as I do "reborn Christian" types. No offense to the religion he can do what he wants but he comes off as a hypocrite and terrible to fans.

Sorry End Creed Rant

https://twitter.com/DZangaroNBCS/status/1619005227323256834

This tweet from Jeff McLane means the Creed choice has officially been cancelled out:

Jalen Hurts rocking New Edition’s “Mr. Telephone Man” at his locker stall on the Friday before the #Eagles host the 49ers in the NFC championship.
And Anita Baker now singing the National anthem on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/DZangaroNBCS/status/1619005227323256834

This tweet from Jeff McLane means the Creed choice has officially been cancelled out:

Jalen Hurts rocking New Edition’s “Mr. Telephone Man” at his locker stall on the Friday before the #Eagles host the 49ers in the NFC championship.
And Anita Baker now singing the National anthem on Sunday.

Who?

Man as this week has gone on I’m liking this more and more. So many funny stats that as you hear more about you get little more info. Perfect example is from the one bleeding Green podcast with Jimmy kempski:

Looking into Nick Bosa some more, you realize how much better Reddick is. All they point out about Bosa is his sacks. Here they are:
18.5 sacks. - actual numbers are 2 legit sacks against vet players. The rest:
6 were against back up players
2 against rookies
2 were coverage sacks
4 he wasn’t blocked at all.
And 2 he shouldn’t even have had. The one he was blatantly off-sides and the other he legit tripped the QB.

So all in all, give me Reddick over Bosa. Everyday.

Man as this week has gone on I’m liking this more and more. So many funny stats that as you hear more about you get little more info. Perfect example is from the one bleeding Green podcast with Jimmy kempski:

Looking into Nick Bosa some more, you realize how much better Reddick is. All they point out about Bosa is his sacks. Here they are:
2 against rookies
2 were coverage sacks
And 2 he shouldn’t even have had. The one he was blatantly off-sides and the other he legit tripped the QB.

This is no different then the 49ers blogger saying take away the Eagles 3 big sack games and they are only 7th in the NFL. Come on we're better than this.

2 against rookies
2 were coverage sacks

This is no different then the 49ers blogger saying take away the Eagles 3 big sack games and they are only 7th in the NFL. Come on we're better than this.
I’ll disagree here a bit. It is a lot easier to game plan against 1 good DE. When you play a DL with 4 guys with 10+ sacks it is a lot harder to game plan for

2 against rookies
2 were coverage sacks

:unsure:

interesting thoughts on this, but it sounds like it was put on to troll the Cowboys:

I always thought Eagle fans were the most delusional fan base but these 9er fans are stealing the show. I get it. Purdy is an awesome story. You can only imagine how crazy we would be if Purdy was our guy. We had Foles so I understand where the 9er fans are coming from. But we were never this confident in 2017. We knew we had a good team and we knew we had a shot but wow these 9ers are drinking some spiked Kool-Aid.

I'm still holding onto no expectations and enjoying the ride but the more I think about this game I see us pulling away in the 3rd and not looking back...

Eagles - 30
49ers - 16

interesting thoughts on this, but it sounds like it was put on to troll the Cowboys:

If the Cowboys are still in the Eagles heads.. they’re in trouble

LFG!!!! 🦅 ! Game Day! Fly, Eagles, Fly 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅

I am so pumped up for this game. It should be a good game, but I feel confident Philly can win. If they can strike fast and put up a lot of 2nd Qtr points, I think they can even dominate.

I just saw the 49ers recently activated Tevin Coleman for today's game. Kind of a sneaky add with the looming injuries to their backfield.

I just saw the 49ers recently activated Tevin Coleman for today's game. Kind of a sneaky add with the looming injuries to their backfield.
a bit of wishful thinking on my part, i would have expected Deebo plays to increase out of the backfield if Mitchell is limited today, which has expected. This move with Coleman, i hope, means CMAC is also worse than reported and Coleman will be expected to fill his role as needed. That latter would be a game changer.

a bit of wishful thinking on my part, i would have expected Deebo plays to increase out of the backfield if Mitchell is limited today, which has expected. This move with Coleman, i hope, means CMAC is also worse than reported and Coleman will be expected to fill his role as needed. That latter would be a game changer.
Glen macnow was interviewing some SF beat writer who said he expected Mitchell to be inactive today. FWIW

After the last two beat downs, the Eagles have to be the favorite over whoever they play in the SB, right?
Slight favorite over Cincy. Probably a dog to KC.
I’ll be betting the Eagles money line either way. I think they match up well against both. The Eagles D is just sick and Jalen probably just played his worst game of the year and they still put up over 30 against a good D.

Users who are viewing this thread