What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

i have liked to check in with opposing team podcasts and youtube shows when we are matched up against them to get a different point of view. i do have to say that the SF base though might be one of the worst. i hate casting a big net, because there are some quality one's, but the amount of griping about the refs/calls and the stating how unlucky they were with the Purdy injury is a little too nauseating for my hungover self.

speaking of the injury, if I am Purdy i am a little upset with some of my teammates this morning. listening to the Eagles' players after the game, it seems the 49ers playing stating how they were coming "violent" and "tough" struck a nerve. it seemed like the George Kittle one gave the Eagles defense a little extra chip on their shoulder going into this game the most.

you poke the bear..........
The Niners fans and media should be upset at their own defense for losing their composure. They cost their team big-time and came completely unglued at the end.

Kempski stole an idea of finding other team's fan posts during the game and making an article out of it. Pretty entertaining.

yeah, this one felt better to read through. some good one's in there:

i liked this one: • Glad it's not just Evan Neal that can't block Reddick I guess. (Giants)
and this one is cute: • Hurts would be 3rd on our depth chart. So I guess he would be playing now (49ers)

Last edited:
i have liked to check in with opposing team podcasts and youtube shows when we are matched up against them to get a different point of view. i do have to say that the SF base though might be one of the worst. i hate casting a big net, because there are some quality one's, but the amount of griping about the refs/calls and the stating how unlucky they were with the Purdy injury is a little too nauseating for my hungover self.

speaking of the injury, if I am Purdy i am a little upset with some of my teammates this morning. listening to the Eagles' players after the game, it seems the 49ers playing stating how they were coming "violent" and "tough" struck a nerve. it seemed like the George Kittle one gave the Eagles defense a little extra chip on their shoulder going into this game the most.

Look no further than the team thread here. Purdy getting hurt is tough for them, but lets be honest, we all predicted the Eagles D-line would be a game changer and they were. Hell, I literally said in the game thread "Time for Brock Purdy to meet Hassan Reddick" two minutes before he literally did. Our dline did its job. Also, the SF Defense got chewed up and spit out by this offense. We ground them down to bloody stumps. But yeah, SF is still "the better team". What a bunch of poor sports.

Look no further than the team thread here. Purdy getting hurt is tough for them, but lets be honest, we all predicted the Eagles D-line would be a game changer and they were. Hell, I literally said in the game thread "Time for Brock Purdy to meet Hassan Reddick" two minutes before he literally did. Our dline did its job. Also, the SF Defense got chewed up and spit out by this offense. We ground them down to bloody stumps. But yeah, SF is still "the better team". What a bunch of poor sports.
Its amazing how all season long all we heard from the national media was about Parsons and then Bosa. Reddick was every bit as good or better. But yeah, tell me more about Bosa. An injured Lane Johnson faced him all game long and didn't give up a hurry or hit, much less a sack.

I think we can all agree that both fan bases are nauseating. Along with most others in this league. And all other leagues.

man, these look even worse than i thought. i knew Reddick was lined up against TE's and won, but sheesh. i do think Shanahan has some accountability for these:

The cognitive dissonance in those replies tho...

"Hurts sucks, all these guys can do is run, he would be a 3rd stringer here"
but also...
"Man Eagles are lucky, all the 49ers can do is run, however can they win"

but also...
Its like people don't realize they're getting their butts kicked by a QB with a hurt throwing shoulder and a RT with a torn groin muscle rendering your "all-world" pass rushers ineffective.

The whine is delicious.

Great win. We are winning the Super Bowl too. This team is just too dominant at too many positions/levels. Sad to see "informed" fans turn to "SO LUCKY" memes overnight. Jealousy and envy a b**** I guess. Reddick is an animal, Lane Johnson is a monster and our coaching staff just pulls all the right strings.

Oh, and John Gannon is coming back!!

Can't stop me today.

Great win. We are winning the Super Bowl too. This team is just too dominant at too many positions/levels. Sad to see "informed" fans turn to "SO LUCKY" memes overnight. Jealousy and envy a b**** I guess. Reddick is an animal, Lane Johnson is a monster and our coaching staff just pulls all the right strings.

Can't stop me today.
Wait, for real? or just wish-casting

Can't stop me today.
Wait, for real? or just wish-casting
I mean he looked into the camera and said "Philly's keeping me, good, bad or indifferent" smiling. W Vic taking off to Miami seems to me its a lock. Until its not a lock of course.

I've had season tickets since they moved into the Linc. Initially we had only two seats we split with my wife's sister and her husband. At the beginning of every season, we'd do a "ticket draft" and split up the games alternating who picked first. If the Eagles made the playoffs, we'd do a "playoff ticket draft" with all potential games on the table even if they got knocked out. We did not have the tickets yet for the 2002 game vs STL. I don't remember how things got decided in 2003 and 2004 but I (fortunately?) did not have the NFC Championship those years for the losses to TB & CAR.

I did, however, have the tickets for 2005 vs ATL and future Eagles QB, Mike Vick. Since we were at our 4th straight NFC Championship, it was not a surprise, but the thing I remember most about the win and the celebration was the overwhelming relief of finally getting over the hump and being so happy for Dawk and the rest of the team that were finally going to the Superbowl, great experience.

The 2018 NFCC vs MIN was a little different. Philly had finally ended the championship drought in 2008 but it had been 10 years and we were now dogs after losing our starting QB and relying on Nick Foles and barely squeaking by ATL because they couldn't score at the goal line. MIN was coming off that miracle against NO and some were saying were a team of destiny. That game started out pretty rough. MIN goes right down the field in 9 plays and scores a TD. Eagles first drive they go 4 and out. Sphincters start clinching. MIN starts marching and gets another first and then it happens, the most electric play I've even witnessed live at the Linc, Patrick Robinson picks off Case Keenum and the place goes nuts, but that's not all. Robinson takes the ball the other way and the crowd noise continued to build and build until TD! If the Linc had a roof it would have blown off, still get a few goosebumps thinking about it. The rest is history but that was definitely my favorite moment at the Linc (and I was there for the 4th and 26 game) and probably my favorite game. It helps that the "Foles" chant to reply to and mock the "Skol" chant happened at that game too.

Yesterday felt a bit different than those. Maybe because it wasn't my first rodeo, maybe it was because we were favored in the game and playing a rookie QB, maybe because it was a bit of an odd game with a great start but brutally slow-moving 2nd Q up until the 2nd and 3rd TDs, maybe it was because it was just about decided by halftime. It was still an awesome experience being there with ~68,000 of my fellow Eagles fans losing their minds. This time, for me, it was more about taking in the whole scene around the game and seeing the old-timers excited to go back to the SB and seeing new fans and people that weren't there before celebrating their first in-stadium SB party.

I hear folks talking about kind of the same thing on talk radio this morning. It being a different feeling when you're expected to win vs being the upstart underdogs. One of my favorite Philly runs was the 1993 Phillies, completely unexpected and maybe a Mitch Williams meatball to Joe Carter away from winning a WS. The 2008 run was awesome too especially with things like the complete absurdity of Brett Myers not only beating CC Sabathia but homering off of him too. The morning after winning the WS was the happiest I've seen people in the area in decades, random high fives with happy strangers all day, hell all week. The underdog Nick Foles run culminating in beating Tom freaking Brady in a "revenge" SB was awesome. Similar feel on the streets the next day. I don't feel like favorites in this SB but from the oddsmakers it looks like we are, slightly.

Maybe it feels different because I'm actually starting to trust the teams or trusting it can actually happen over always believing the rug is going to get yanked out from under us like 1984-2007 and 100 seasons of the big 4 not winning the big one. But I'm still really enjoying this team and this run and doing my best to make the most of it because who knows when it might happen again. Go Birds! 🦅

Last edited:
Trying to recall all the pity PHI got in 2019 vs. SEA in the playoffs when Wentz was lost for the game (on a dirty hit, no less) and we had to play with Josh McCown, who tore his hamstring shortly after getting in the game but gutted it out. There were tons of media invalidating that win for SEA that I just can't remember, right? :ponder:

Still only lost by 8, btw. Because our not-vaunted defense stepped up and held Russel Wilson and DK Metcalf to 17, keeping us in it. Just saying.

Last edited:

but also...
Its like people don't realize they're getting their butts kicked by a QB with a hurt throwing shoulder and a RT with a torn groin muscle rendering your "all-world" pass rushers ineffective.

The whine is delicious.
• What a disgrace. If I'm a Philly fan I feel terrible winning this way. (49ers)

If I'm a 49er fan, I'm furious that the coaches didn't know how to make changes to blocking assignments to protect their QB. I don't feel terrible in the least.

but also...

The whine is delicious.
• What a disgrace. If I'm a Philly fan I feel terrible winning this way. (49ers)

If I'm a 49er fan, I'm furious that the coaches didn't know how to make changes to blocking assignments to protect their QB. I don't feel terrible in the least.
At the game I said I felt bad for the 49ers players having to play out the game down a couple TDs and without anyone that could even throw the ball downfield. I feel great winning though, not my fault your coach thought a backup TE could block Reddick.

Nailed it!

Prediction​

The 49ers come out aggressively on defense and methodically on offense. The Eagles get some tough yards with good offensive line play but can't sustain drives as the 49ers build a lead before halftime, around 17-3. In the second half, things get uglier for the Eagles and they are unable to right the ship.

Final Score Prediction: SF 31-10

Best Bets​

If I didn't already have 49ers' NFC futures (which I do), then I would play the 49ers' Moneyline. But I am also laddering alternate spreads with the 49ers, at the below prices. I think there is material upside for a big 49ers' win that exceeds the implied odds of each of these bets:

but also...

The whine is delicious.

Not just that, but when they were running and driving they let the pay clock run all the way down every time. No urgency. Felt like they (coaches) had given up and were just running out the clock. I know the odds were against them when they could only run, but why not go some kind of hurry up and keep running, wear down the d-line, etc...make a game of it? I was confused but thrilled they gave up to early.

but also...

The whine is delicious.

Not just that, but when they were running and driving they let the pay clock run all the way down every time. No urgency. Felt like they (coaches) had given up and were just running out the clock. I know the odds were against them when they could only run, but why not go some kind of hurry up and keep running, wear down the d-line, etc...make a game of it? I was confused but thrilled they gave up to early.
my guess is there gameplan before the game started was miling the clock and keeping the Eagles offense off the field, like Commanders, Texans and Saints did. i think they just never switched up their plan after being down multiple scores

but also...

The whine is delicious.

my guess is there gameplan before the game started was miling the clock and keeping the Eagles offense off the field, like Commanders, Texans and Saints did. i think they just never switched up their plan after being down multiple scores
Which just boggles my mind, especially when people call these coaches geniuses. Sometimes this game is like checkers, but they treat it like it's 3D chess.

I mean/////let's be fair....they couldn't put a good blocker on all the great rushers Philly was sending. Yeah, in hindsight a GTE on Reddick seems foolkish....but who was gonna block the OTHER guys if they made Reddick the priority. This team nearly set the sack record...there were no great options

I mean/////let's be fair....they couldn't put a good blocker on all the great rushers Philly was sending. Yeah, in hindsight a GTE on Reddick seems foolkish....but who was gonna block the OTHER guys if they made Reddick the priority. This team nearly set the sack record...there were no great options

On the play Purdy was hurt, they elected to double team Linval Joseph (with his one QB hit all year), so...

Reuben Frank
@RoobNBCS

"The Eagles had an easy schedule."
Best records in NFL history vs. winning teams:
9-1 ... 1969 Vikings
9-1 ... 2007 Patriots
9-1 ... 2022 Eagles

@Stathead
"Yea well the DVOA of those teams is worse than if they had played the teams with a losing record according to the analytics." 🤓
SURE YOUR DIVISION HAD 3/7 of the playoff teams. BUT ITS STILL A WEAK DIVISION WAAAAA

Be a man already. Take your L's, take your bad/wrong takes, take the fact THIS EAGLES TEAM IS ACTUALLY GOOD like a man and quit the pissing and moaning already JFC its unbearable anymore.

WISH WE HAD IT THIS EASY NEVER TURNS OUT FOR US THIS WAY, says certain fanbases, one of which has gone 1 and done the last TWO times they have had the 1 seed.

you can! Go 14-3 or better, get the 1 seed. Not sure if anyone knows this, but the game IS RIGGED for the 1 seed to get the EASIEST SCHEDULE. Not making it up I swear!

Im not a homer but don’t get the “haven’t played anyone” argument. You play who is on the schedule. Eagles win convincingly which is what good teams and well coached teams do. They aren’t the Vikings. Vikings were lucky as hell this year in one score games. Vikings got their **** kicked by Dallas after they won on the road on Buffalo.

I think it’s a good match coming up for us nfl fans

Im not a homer but don’t get the “haven’t played anyone” argument. You play who is on the schedule. Eagles win convincingly which is what good teams and well coached teams do. They aren’t the Vikings. Vikings were lucky as hell this year in one score games. Vikings got their **** kicked by Dallas after they won on the road on Buffalo.

I think it’s a good match coming up for us nfl fans
This is my feeling as well. You play who you play. We played 10 teams with winning records and beat all but one. The bigger point is we weren't, like you said, like the Vikings that won a bunch of squeakers. We trucked every team we beat when Jalen played, with the exception of Washington (that game we fumbled three times). We just had a divisional round and NFCCG where we sat our starters. Both games. Because we gave up 7 points to the opposing team while dropping 30+ points on them. Eagles are and have been the best team in the league all year. Its not really that close. I am so pumped for this Super Bowl. In 2017 we were riding the fairy dust feeling of Foles' beatdown of Minny in the NFCCG but we all were terrified of Brady. We got through that obviously. I don't fear KC. I don't fear Mahomes. I don't fear Kelce. I don't fear Andy. Mad respect for all of them, but we are a better team. In two weeks I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party that will end like the last one I hosted. Hugs, tears, fireworks and smiles. I. can. not. wait.

Reuben Frank
@RoobNBCS

9-1 ... 1969 Vikings
9-1 ... 2007 Patriots
9-1 ... 2022 Eagles

@Stathead
"Yea well the DVOA of those teams is worse than if they had played the teams with a losing record according to the analytics." 🤓
I thought for sure when that came up you misread it, but I don't know how in any universe they could have the easiest dvoa schedule. Just makes no sense.

It's not their fault they can't play against themselves and most of the NFC is kinda garbage this year.

Reuben Frank
@RoobNBCS

9-1 ... 1969 Vikings
9-1 ... 2007 Patriots
9-1 ... 2022 Eagles

@Stathead
I thought for sure when that came up you misread it, but I don't know how in any universe they could have the easiest dvoa schedule. Just makes no sense.

It's not their fault they can't play against themselves and most of the NFC is kinda garbage this year.
I was mocking some other posters that insist the team with the highest strength of schedule this year somehow had the easiest schedule according to this magical DVOA. All that tells me is DVOA is a worthless measurement if that's the case.

Reuben Frank
@RoobNBCS

9-1 ... 1969 Vikings
9-1 ... 2007 Patriots
9-1 ... 2022 Eagles

@Stathead

I was mocking some other posters that insist the team with the highest strength of schedule this year somehow had the easiest schedule according to this magical DVOA. All that tells me is DVOA is a worthless measurement if that's the case.
Oh I get it, but when you first brought it up a few days ago I thought it was saying the opposite, because it makes absolutely no sense. Eh who gives a F, they're in the Super Bowl!

Wondering how PO'ed Wentz is right now sitting at home watching this.

He's his own man. That whole thing of him being upset was overblown. Then WIP ran with Wentz was upset the team was successful with out him. Its over and done with with him. Everyone had fault in that not working out. It's similar to Simmons. Easy for everyone to blame Ben but a lot of that needs to go on the organization for coddling him for yrsand enabling his behavior.

people need to move on. Without him we're still looking for our first ring. Thanks Doug and Carson now lets move on.

Also sounds like Brock Purdy got a UCL injury. Props to him for coming back in after Josh Johnson left. I have a similar issue and they are a ***** to deal with. 49er fans should be proud what that guy did just coming back in and sucking it up. Tightness, tingling, feel like your muscle is being pulled, enormous elbow pain. Its awful.
I was pretty impressed that the 9ers were still fighting, ok some literally, when they were down multiple scores and didn't even have anyone who could throw the ball downfield. A lot of fight in that team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the NFCC again next year.

I think they win today if Jimmy G was QB honestly. We got some dumb luck a lot of things went our way. Not taking anything away but a lot went our way , penalties to keep drives alive, both QBs knocked out. We didn't take advantage of a few chances, etc. Very healthy on our part too.
Terrible take. Seriously. I respect your opinion but SF was not winning tonight with any of there qbs
Not sure how anyone can say that when we didn't see a game with their QBs. Short fields and mistakes put their defense in a spot where they had to take more chances to force a turnover or quick stop.
These things happen. Philly took advantage and they earned it. They deserve to be in the Super Bowl. I just think that crowing about how they couldn't have lost is more 20/20 hindsight than honest evaluation.

Bingo loosing Purdy significantly changed the game. Also Eagles offense at times was sputtering and seemed like spinning tires in the mud. SF shot themselves in the foot a lot. I think Kyle SHanahan has to take a lot of blame. He's only like 6 games over .5OO for his career. He's the Doc Rivers without a title in the NFL and more famous because of who daddy was. Terrible game caller who's weaknesses get covered up by the talent on his teams. SF is a good team they could be better with a good QB and a HC who knew what he was doing and thats just down right scary.

Just read through the game thread since I wanted to focus on the game and not here, and my god...next time someone claims Eagle fans complain about the refs too much they should look there and shut the F up. So glad I avoided it. Also funny how many were convinced Burrow would be next. Oops.

Thrilled it's KC. Andy and Kelce bowl, their podcast should be fun the next two weeks! Just hope Hurts' shoulder gets a little better and he has a better showing.

Wondering how PO'ed Wentz is right now sitting at home watching this.

And for some reason, the Empire State Building was lit green for the Eagles win for a few hours, causing NYers to have a meltdown.
Haven't been to the game thread. (I fell asleep soon after I finished watching it on delay)....but WTF did they have to complain about other then the no catch catch? SF drew a lot of prnalties, but seemed like they were all legit/well -earned. Especially on that one TD drive. Easy defensive holding call. Obvious roughing the kicker (no he was NOT pushed), blatant late hit on a QB OOB, blatant (if brief) facemask. SF defense imploded.

I missed a few but all the calls were pretty legit. They lost it at the end and they'll be lucky if Trent Williams doesn't miss a few games to start next season because he should.

I can't be unhappy for Andy.
I can! He got his SB and most Philly fans were glad to see him get it (us getting ours first helped with that graciousness), but now all bets are off!

Andy Reid is the one guy and KC is the one team if we lose a SB I won't be upset over. We owe a lot to that man. Both have gotten their rings though. If you can't be happy for the guy you are some kind of clown who lets WIP control your life or you've never dealt with issues in your family like addiction or loss and have no heart. They also did a ton of things for the Lower Merion community and Philly region charity wise. It's been a decade. Anyone still holding a grudge I feel bad your family has to deal with you.

Users who are viewing this thread