What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 pre-draft Bloom 100 (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom

The pre draft Bloom 100 is here! TL;DR: Trade down (except maybe to take a top 2 RB or the WR4/WR5). This is the worst rookie draft crop since 2013. No one in this year's class would have went in the top five of rookie drafts last year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pre-Draft Bloom 100 A look at the top 100 fantasy prospects in the class of 2022 before we know when and where they go in the draft
I 100% disagree with the bolded. Both that its the worst class since 2013, and that nobody would have gone in last season's top-5.

I 100% disagree with the bolded. Both that its the worst class since 2013, and that nobody would have gone in last season's top-5.
It is weak at the top for both WR and QB. However in both areas this draft has a good 2nd tier.. It is a good RB group and a horrible TE group. 

I don't do IDP, so only comments are on play not fantasy.  However I think it is a good draft class on the defensive side of the ball. 

Edge is particularly strong. A good top end and crazy deep. LB, CB, and S all have a really good top 3-5 guys.

2014 was worse in my opinion. Arguably as bad or worse at QB, RB was awful (headlined by Bishop Sankey and Carlos Hyde), WR was really good, but guys like Davante Adams and Allen Robinson weren't going at the top of drafts, guys like Watkins and Benjamin were. 

2015 was similar in my opinion, in that it was 2 RBs (Gurley, Gordon) and some questions at WR (other than Cooper) 

2016 was Zeke, Henry, and Michael Thomas and that was about it. The WR class was worse than this one. Corey Coleman, Laquon Treadwell, and Josh Doctson anyone? 

2017 and 2018 were loaded classes. 

2019 was on par with this years class. WR class was similar to this one, RB was worse in my eyes, but Kyler Murray was a top QB prospect, and so was Hockenson at TE.

2021 and 2021 were great classes. 

Personally, I think the RB class is better at the top this year than in 2021. I take Walker and Hall over Najee, although I had Javonte at #1 RB last year. No WR is on Chase's level and obviously no TE is on Pitts level. But if last year's top-5 was the 3 RBs, Chase and Pitts. I'd take Walker and Hall over at least 2 (Najee, Etienne) of those guys.  

It is weak at the top for both WR and QB. However in both areas this draft has a good 2nd tier.. It is a good RB group and a horrible TE group.
I disagree.

To me, it seems like a strong WR group through the top 6 or 7 receivers.

The RB’s are weak after the top 2 or 3.

…and yes, the QB’s are bad. 🤷‍♂️

You got two ways of looking at this. How fantasy players felt about the players before they played and secondly  how they actually played.

Without question I go back to the 2013 class to find the last draft people were so unexcited about first round picks.  Like this year no clear cut top player and I recall my list of players after I think pick 9 the bottom fell out. You might have seen something like Kelce in TE premium go 1.11 in one draft and 3.5 in another(real life example)

But like I was saying how we felt about a draft at the time and how the players ended up is not quite the same thing. That 2013 class ended up being one of the best TE classes ever with Kelce, Ertz and a little run by Eifert(the first one chosen) and since I mainly play in TE premium this is no small thing. It also gave ended up giving us a stud RB in Bell and stud WR's in Hopkins and Allen.

I also did a startup in 2014 a year after they played and despite a lot of the highly drafted RB's from the class never really amounting to a lot in that startup Eddie Lacy and Ball went round one,Gio round two. Heck I remember I had picks 4.12 and 5.1 and took Christine Michel and Hopkins. Just saying if you invested in these RB's you could have easily won big if you moved.

So in the end I don't think 2013 ended up being the worst, but it looked like it at the time.

I mean, sure guys like Adams, Robinson, and Freeman panned out, but none of them were 1st round fantasy picks. The 1st 3 picks in most drafts were Sankey, Watkins, and Hyde. I was thrilled to get Evans at #5 that year, and Beckham was great, but RB was a trainwreck, and so was QB, and I felt it looked that way at the time too, that it was WR and nothing else. 

I mean, sure guys like Adams, Robinson, and Freeman panned out, but none of them were 1st round fantasy picks. The 1st 3 picks in most drafts were Sankey, Watkins, and Hyde. I was thrilled to get Evans at #5 that year, and Beckham was great, but RB was a trainwreck, and so was QB, and I felt it looked that way at the time too, that it was WR and nothing else. 

That's not how my drafts went at all and I did not think the discussion was just about how the first round went. ETA-Watkins and Evans went 1-2 in all my drafts and almost every draft I saw. Hyde usually in the 5-8 range.

ETA because I did not have time to properly respond earlier-no disagreement the non WR's were not very good but have we had a better WR class since? Maybe last years will end up rivaling it when all said and done but just the strength of the WR's seemed enough with Evans, Robinson, Odell, Adams, Cooks and even Watkins who may have flamed out but he carried big time value for a few years and Moncrief and Kelvin Benjamin carried a little value as well for a time.

Personally I think the WR's were enough but considering all the other positions stunk if you are looking at strength of a class with respect to offering players at multiple positions this one would in fact stink as it as worse as you'll see at just about every other position.

Such a bad class that I dumped all my picks halfway thru the college season

There's a good mid tier WR stable, but picking the ones that'll hit, no thanks...

In 1 rookie draft in 2013 I got Bell at 1.06 and Ertz at the 3.08 that went well.

In another in 2013 I got Hopkins at 1.06

I call those 2 drafts a success they led me to some championships.

I disagree.

To me, it seems like a strong WR group through the top 6 or 7 receivers.

The RB’s are weak after the top 2 or 3.

…and yes, the QB’s are bad. 🤷‍♂️
I agree there are around 7 good WR prospects, but no great ones. I  don't think any would have been in the top 3 WRs of the last 2 classes

I expect to be excited about the top 7 on the other side of the draft. There are a few beyond them I am higher on than consensus, but draft capital will dictate where I value them. 

That's not how my drafts went at all and I did not think the discussion was just about how the first round went. ETA-Watkins and Evans went 1-2 in all my drafts and almost every draft I saw. Hyde usually in the 5-8 range.

ETA because I did not have time to properly respond earlier-no disagreement the non WR's were not very good but have we had a better WR class since? Maybe last years will end up rivaling it when all said and done but just the strength of the WR's seemed enough with Evans, Robinson, Odell, Adams, Cooks and even Watkins who may have flamed out but he carried big time value for a few years and Moncrief and Kelvin Benjamin carried a little value as well for a time.

Personally I think the WR's were enough but considering all the other positions stunk if you are looking at strength of a class with respect to offering players at multiple positions this one would in fact stink as it as worse as you'll see at just about every other position.
I think we are on the same page. I was perhaps overstressing how bad the QB/RB position was in that draft. If you were in great shape at WR, and needed help elsewhere, that wasn't a good draft for you. Although in my dynasty draft, I ended up with Evans/Robinson as my top-2 picks so no complaints from me. In my league, the guy who picked 1 also had the 2 pick and was desperate for RB help. Ended up taking Sankey/Hyde and taking Marquise Lee at #13. 

I think we are on the same page. I was perhaps overstressing how bad the QB/RB position was in that draft. If you were in great shape at WR, and needed help elsewhere, that wasn't a good draft for you. Although in my dynasty draft, I ended up with Evans/Robinson as my top-2 picks so no complaints from me. In my league, the guy who picked 1 also had the 2 pick and was desperate for RB help. Ended up taking Sankey/Hyde and taking Marquise Lee at #13. 
If I had a top two picks I'd have taken Evans or Watkins. Instead I had one each 3,4 and 5. I took Ebron and Sankey out of need.

I did actually have Odell as my 5th ranked player but managed to end up with zero shares of him even thought he was usually going in the 8-9 range.

I was in my first few years of dynasty at the time and that draft class shook my confidence big time with respsect to both who I drafted high and who I managed to not draft. Had me seriously considering if I was any good at dynasty. Probably part of reason I hold that class in high regard is because I spent a few years of regret for what I ended up with relative to how others performed.  I'd also add that I believe that draft class changed the way rookie WR's were viewed in redraft in 2015 and for a few years in dynasty as well. Felt like early success of so many of those WR's pushed up their value, suddenly seemed less like a developmental position. Part of that dynasty push up was also based on how terrible most of the RB's and TE's did in that draft of course as well.

If I had a top two picks I'd have taken Evans or Watkins. Instead I had one each 3,4 and 5. I took Ebron and Sankey out of need.

I did actually have Odell as my 5th ranked player but managed to end up with zero shares of him even thought he was usually going in the 8-9 range.

I was in my first few years of dynasty at the time and that draft class shook my confidence big time with respsect to both who I drafted high and who I managed to not draft. Had me seriously considering if I was any good at dynasty. Probably part of reason I hold that class in high regard is because I spent a few years of regret for what I ended up with relative to how others performed.  I'd also add that I believe that draft class changed the way rookie WR's were viewed in redraft in 2015 and for a few years in dynasty as well. Felt like early success of so many of those WR's pushed up their value, suddenly seemed less like a developmental position. Part of that dynasty push up was also based on how terrible most of the RB's and TE's did in that draft of course as well.
Looking back, the drafts where I actually had picked landed OBJ in a couple, and Evans. But I remember wanting Ebron and Watkins 🤷

Liking many of the wr's, but rb and te have a weak class it looks like. IDP's on the other hand have many potential stars that should be taken before offense in full idp drafts.

He seems too low on Michael Mayer, at #29. With comment that he should start for Vegas by Year 2. He starts from Day 1, Austin Hooper isn't a threat.

Not great advice from Bloom last year.

Ken Walker was #1 over Breece Hall not looking great a year later even with Hall tearing his ACL.
Jameson Williams #3 overall
London #4
Burks #5
Wilson all the way down at #6
Olave at #7
Skyy Moore at #8
Everything is easy in retrospect.

Those rankings aren’t even bad now. No one hits on everything.

Before charb got drafted breece and kw3 were both considered top 5 dynasty backs.

Jamo was injured all year.

London at 4 is fine.

Wilson and olave were going later than 6-7 in a lot of rookie drafts. So he was actually higher than most on them and was right.

Moore looks like a miss but none of the other rankings were bad at all.

Not great advice from Bloom last year.

Ken Walker was #1 over Breece Hall not looking great a year later even with Hall tearing his ACL.
Jameson Williams #3 overall
London #4
Burks #5
Wilson all the way down at #6
Olave at #7
Skyy Moore at #8
In hindsight Hall should've been 1, but Walker wasn't a bad call, hard to predict the Seagulls drafting a 2nd round RB this year, both Burks and Jameson were hurt, a lot of people had Moore at 8 from what I remember.

Yeah, I'm no sycophant just because someone on here is staff, but that seems like a pretty good list. I think he out-thought himself with Walker over Hall. We saw what each brought healthy and Hall was just on another level before his injury. Skyy Moore? Well, I whiffed on Skyy Moore, too, which has me leaning away from college production and more towards the film analytics and basic measurements.

But the list isn't really a bad one.

A lot of people whiffed on Moore. It is what it is

And quite a few people had Walker over Hall. It's not like he was out on an island like Waldman was with Sermon, which is still respectable because Waldman saw what he saw and went with his own analysis. Might as well go down with your own ship rather than hitching to somebody else's wake and drowning that way.

But Walker/Hall doesn't rise to that level of gaffe.

A lot of people whiffed on Moore. It is what it is

And quite a few people had Walker over Hall. It's not like he was out on an island like Waldman was with Sermon, which is still respectable because Waldman saw what he saw and went with his own analysis. Might as well go down with your own ship rather than hitching to somebody else's wake and drowning that way.

But Walker/Hall doesn't rise to that level of gaffe.
Agreed.

And tbh, I’m still not sure what happened with Sermon. His college film looks solid.

Eagles seem to like him, too.

Think of how many NFL teams get it wrong and they are working with considerable more info then we can dream of and are drafting for their specific team, not like us at the whims of coaching staff/usage.

You get a few easy calls in most years dynasty drafts but this is not easy and we all have misses.

As for Bloooms list last year it looks a little off but not bad and also let me say it's way to freaking early to judge. I could give examples of all day but I think back to my very first rookie draft and I had a a friendly debate for months leading up to the draft on Hopkins or Cordarelle with someone. I was team Magic Cord. After year one he declared me the winner. We did a startup, seperate teams, the year those two were going into year two and I recall Patterson went at 2/3 turn and I ended up drafting Hopkins a few ROUNDS later.

I know we think we know, and I got Hall and Wilson as top 4 dynasty players at their positions, but it's early still.

but it's early still

We really don't know what some of these guys are going to be yet. It's their first year. Let them settle into their second one. Heck, what if even Skyy Moore takes his vacated targets opportunity and runs with it and earns those targets? We can guess on these guys after year one, but we don't know for sure.

but it's early still

We really don't know what some of these guys are going to be yet. It's their first year. Let them settle into their second one. Heck, what if even Skyy Moore takes his vacated targets opportunity and runs with it and earns those targets? We can guess on these guys after year one, but we don't know for sure.
Yep, I remember when people were giving up on Davante Adams after his first few seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread