What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Gainwell. 6 tds last year to Sanders 0. He should still be their 2 minute and goal line back. Sanders is already hurting and we could see a better Gainwell in his Sophomore campaign.

James Cook. Not overly impressed with the other backs on the team. He’s on one of the best offenses in the league. You could do worse in the late rounds.

Zamir White. He looked great in the preseason. Big back that loves contact
I'm not sure he loves contact so much as he doesn't have the vision or moves to avoid contact.
Interesting take. Looked like he was able to find running lanes and finished runs hard
I honestly have no certainty about him but we have been talking about him quite a bit in the Raiders thread. There were several comments about how, even when he gets to the second level of the defense, in the open field he doesn't seem to be able to avoid contact even when he has good sightlines to see a safety coming right at him and make a move.

It could be loving contact but, I'm no longer sure about that.

I'm not sure he loves contact so much as he doesn't have the vision or moves to avoid contact.
Interesting take. Looked like he was able to find running lanes and finished runs hard
I honestly have no certainty about him but we have been talking about him quite a bit in the Raiders thread. There were several comments about how, even when he gets to the second level of the defense, in the open field he doesn't seem to be able to avoid contact even when he has good sightlines to see a safety coming right at him and make a move.

You didn’t hear his team getting pump for him when he ran through people? They all love it

You didn’t hear his team getting pump for him when he ran through people? They all love it
Of course, and I love it too. But that doesn't answer whether or not he has the vision and can make the moves to avoid that contact.

If he can't, he's easier to defend when the UPS drivers and SkyCaps are no longer in the field for him to pancake.

I like him but right now he reads a little like a short yardage guy. Then again he could be Marion Barber.

We'll start to find out next Sunday.

He may or may not be able to avoid those. But he is one of a few rookies with a late round draft capital that is going to have instant touches so he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.

I like him but right now he reads a little like a short yardage guy. Then again he could be Marion Barber.
If Ameer Abdullah is the receiving back in this offense, he might be a scramble-to-pick-up after a week or three.

I mean, world's least sexy lotto pick, I get it

Of course, and I love it too. But that doesn't answer whether or not he has the vision and can make the moves to avoid that contact.

If he can't, he's easier to defend when the UPS drivers and SkyCaps are no longer in the field for him to pancake.

Show me what you’re talking about and break it down. I saw a decisive runner who had vision and power.

Show me what you’re talking about and break it down. I saw a decisive runner who had vision and power.
I'd love too, but just finished my draft and simply don't want to sift through the Raider thread to get to that point. It wasn't a big deal, just a couple comments with a video or two. It's in there if you want to look. Not a huge deal, just a conversation that seems to have some basis in reality depending on how you look at tape.

I'd love too, but just finished my draft and simply don't want to sift through the Raider thread to get to that point. It wasn't a big deal, just a couple comments with a video or two. It's in there if you want to look. Not a huge deal, just a conversation that seems to have some basis in reality depending on how you look at tape.
We’ll I take what you said with the tiniest grain of salt then since you have no idea how to defend your position

We’ll I take what you said with the tiniest grain of salt then since you have no idea how to defend your position
No problem with that, I was merely passing on something I read in passing. Not worth the effort of digging up the posts to me, and I am not certain how reliable they are. It went back to his college game and the preseason but, y'know...who knows. I'm not sure what your defense was other than "eyeball test" but if that works for you, party on my brother.

No problem with that, I was merely passing on something I read in passing. Not worth the effort of digging up the posts to me, and I am not certain how reliable they are. It went back to his college game and the preseason but, y'know...who knows. I'm not sure what your defense was other than "eyeball test" but if that works for you, party on my brother.
I honestly don’t care what the posts said. I was curious about your thoughts and what YOU saw in his game. And my eyeball test seems to work out quite well for me.

Go ahead and break down any of his runs here and tell me when you see what you described.

And before you say his first run(a great 15 yarder)He had just hurdled a diving tackler which slowed him down a bit. Some people just don’t know good running back play I guess.

Last edited:

I honestly don’t care what the posts said. I was curious about your thoughts and what YOU saw in his game. And my eyeball test seems to work out quite well for me.
Okay, sorry to have ruffled your feathers. I mentioned many times what the comments were, where they came from and that I didn't have much to add. If you don't want to research them more, or at all, I am perfectly good with that, just like you.

Have a great Labor Day weekend

Okay, sorry to have ruffled your feathers. I mentioned many times what the comments were, where they came from and that I didn't have much to add. If you don't want to research them more, or at all, I am perfectly good with that, just like you.

I’m not mad. Just asked you to back up your claims. Al you talked about were some posts made in another thread

I’m not mad. Just asked you to back up your claims. Al you talked about were some posts made in another thread
I told you where to find them. Do, or do not. I don't care to do it for you, but I do enjoy this interaction for some odd reason. Although I think everyone who wants to find value in this thread would prefer we take it to DM.

You know where to find me.

Thoughts on GB:
Kylie Hill
Tyler Goodson
Patrick Taylor
?

However is the #3 in GB could be huge with multiple paths to volume

Who do you think is the most fantasy relevant in SF after Mitchell going down:
From rotoworld:
"With Mitchell exiting the game, Jeff Wilson logged 59% of snaps against the Bears in Week 1. Jordan Mason was active but saw zero snaps. Rookie Tyrion Davis-Price will likely be active for Week 2, but even still, Wilson will likely lead the backfield. Deebo Samuel, who rushed eight times for 52 yards and a TD may functionally operate as Mitchell's replacement."

I know that Wilson is the obvious RB but with Shanahan - I know the coaches love Wilson but could it be Mason or Price?

Who do you think is the most fantasy relevant in SF after Mitchell going down:
From rotoworld:
"With Mitchell exiting the game, Jeff Wilson logged 59% of snaps against the Bears in Week 1. Jordan Mason was active but saw zero snaps. Rookie Tyrion Davis-Price will likely be active for Week 2, but even still, Wilson will likely lead the backfield. Deebo Samuel, who rushed eight times for 52 yards and a TD may functionally operate as Mitchell's replacement."

I know that Wilson is the obvious RB but with Shanahan - I know the coaches love Wilson but could it be Mason or Price?
Been trying to figure this one out for weeks. Wilson is the starter and will dominate carries from that position, that seems very clear. If/when Wilson goes down, and if Mitchell has not returned it's anyones guess between Mason & TDP. I think TDP being a healthy scratch yesterday may be a positive indicator for Mason, but that also could have had to do with ST work or something like that.

But if you're looking for the current starter while Mitchell is out Wilson is the guy to target.

The question is how much time, if any, will Mitchell miss?

Any other lottery ticket suggestions after week 1? I am currently considering Mason or Pickett.

Any other lottery ticket suggestions after week 1? I am currently considering Mason or Pickett.
They've already been discussed upthread, but with Najee, Lenny, and Swift already nursing injuries, Warren, R. White and Craig Reynolds (Jamaal is likely available only in shallow bench leagues) are looking closer to possibly being in play.

Feel like my entire RB bench is a lotta extravaganza:

* T. Pollard
* D. Henderson
* K. Gainwell
* I. Pacheco
* J. Wilson
I'm with ya. My entire RB corp:

Darrell Henderson
Brian Robinson Jr
Tyler Allgeier
Dontrell Hilliard
D'Ernest Johnson
Kene Nwangwu
Ty Chandler
Jordan Mason

Craig Reynolds
@BobbyLayne makes a very compelling case for why Reynolds should be (might be?) the real backup to Swift.

As a guy who drafted Swift and backed him up with Jamaal late, I am a little nervous and considering adding Reynolds.
What thread did he make this case in? I'm curious in reading it and can't seem to find it. I may be blind or something.
Either the Swift thread or the Lions thread. I think it came out in several posts but there was one in particular, I think yesterday. I'll try to dig it up.

Craig Reynolds
@BobbyLayne makes a very compelling case for why Reynolds should be (might be?) the real backup to Swift.

As a guy who drafted Swift and backed him up with Jamaal late, I am a little nervous and considering adding Reynolds.
What thread did he make this case in? I'm curious in reading it and can't seem to find it. I may be blind or something.

Even I had a hard time finding it lol

this one

OTOH you could make a case MCDC is an old school Parcels guy who is prone to trusting vets.

It could go either way.

ETA: If the link doesn’t work (on mobile) it’s the Swift thread, one page back rn

Craig Reynolds

Even I had a hard time finding it lol

this one
OTOH you could make a case MCDC is an old school Parcels guy who is prone to trusting vets.

It could go either way.
Link isn't working for me but I believe I found the one in the swift thread. Going to make the add in dynasty.

gimme the guy who has proven to be the lotto ticket - A. Mattison. top 5 performance when Cook blows his shoulder out again. Elite-level stats from this backup. Possible that he's traded before the deadline - Maybe Rams could use Mattison? We'll see.

I now own Eno Benjamin in 3 of 3 re-draft leagues.
That Arizona offense + the possible workload if Conner goes down makes him an easy end of bench stash.

(particularly easy when you drop other lesser-upside handcuffs)

I figure I have one of the most sought after handcuffs in the event of injury there is.
Although I don't know as much about Benjamin as I do a few other backups, I figure the possible workload makes him a great get.
I dropped Pacheco in 2 spots, and nabbed Benjamin in those. I figure the KC backfield would still be a bit cloudy with looming McKinnon's if CEH has an issue. HOWEVER, there might be a massive workload for Benjamin if Conner misses time.

:football:

One of my favorite threads by far each year! I was kind of bummed not to see the comprehensive list yet, like we were spoiled with in the other years. So thought to start it up. I'm going to reference your format from last year's @daylight.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing - King Maker List - by division: I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker *

AFC East

*BUF - Dreaded RBBC, but Zack Moss is a possible key difference maker. They also can contribute now as a lowend flex. James Cook is in the doghouse, but worth to monitor.

MIA - Raheem and Edmonds are actually listed both as the starter surprisingly on the Miami website's depth chart so must roster them both! Salvon Ahmed good COP guy. Myles Gaskin has been fantasy relevant before and is a good dark horse. I would say just add these to the watchlist since even the depth chart is RBBC formatted. Yikes!

NEP - Pretty similar to WAS situation actually. Ty Montgomery is the McKissic lite, but he also has the IR strategy since he is out. Need to watch this more since if that role is similar to James White then a lot of us missed the boat on a easy to have mid range flex.

NYJ - I don't see Ty Johnson ever being relevant. Steer clear its basically Carter/Hall or bust.

AFC North

*BAL - Front runner has to be Gus 'Bus' Edwards - Bonus points since easy to stash if you have I.R. slot and J.K. Dobbins is far from the picture of health. We already know Mike Davis and Kenyan Drake aint it. Dark horse could be Justice Hill but like years past this backfield is RBBC and everyone is capped to be at most highend RB2s.

CIN - Samaje Perine and Chris Evans might formulate a RBBC at best here. I think Samaje wins that split but for some reason seems to be at best a flex.

*CLE - D'Ernest Johnson must be rostered if you can. He is linked to several trade talk rumors. He might just go to a team who needs him in case of injury. He's essentially a handcuff to any RB in the NFL in that respect. Jerome Ford can be watched in case of injury/trade of a Browns player, but might just be a good to know of type.

*PIT - Jaylen Warren is a must roster for anyone w/ Najae. that foot injury is concerning and I don't think it gets better. Warren could be a Kingmaker especially if the QB switch happens and the Offense has some dimension.

AFC South

HOU - Rex Burkhead is the definitive handcuff yet he kind of has that Patterson appeal where in a pinch he could be a volume play but just can't sustain it for long at best he would be a low end RB2. Dare Ogunbowale is here but yea not much to be excited for on this dreadful offense.

IND - Nyheim Hines is perfect now as a flex play and no one else is really here to be JT. I think this team would trade for someone like Mattison or D'Ernest.

JAC - Travis Etienne might be fancy Nyheim Hines... JaMycal Hasty could be the 1/2 down back if James Robinson gets injured, this seems like a RBBC I want to avoid.

TEN - Dontrell Hilliard has that nice COP role and Hassan Haskins has that 1/2 down role that is less appealing. This team really doesn't seem to be one I would like to invest in.

AFC West

*DEN - Melvin Gordon or none

*KCC - J McKinnon is that COP with consistent low end flex value and Isiah Pacheco is the fave to be a league winner. savvy t roster them since CEH has a injury track record, but honestly I think CEH is not a injury prone as some may think.

*LAS - Zamir White is another frontrunner. Ameer and Bolden top out as COP.

LAC - WTF knows this one is a cluster, Joshua Kelley is listed 2nd, Sony Michel 3rd, and Isaiah Spiller as 4th. They each should have an opportunity for the complimentary role for the Chargers. My Gut says the Rookie should be the only guy rostered but, this screams 3 headed monster in case the starter goes down and prolly not worth it until we see it play out.

NFC East

*DAL
- Tony Pollard slightly lower than AJ Dillon. Already rostered and valued.

NYG - Matt Breida is not the answer. Most likely woud be someone not on the roster.

PHI - Kenneth Gainwell has a lot of hype and I personally haven't really thought there was a lot of value for the Eagles since there is a lot of competition including Hurts stealing goal line opportunities but he is the best bet to have some fantasy upside. The 2 dark horses to keep watch are Boston Scott and Trey Sermon these 2 actually make sense to be the heir to goal line if Sanders goes out. Trey Sermon is actually the more talented but Scott has paid his dues.

*WAS - Antonio Gibson has technically already been the best kingmaker yet due to the injury to Brian Robinson. Anyone can see this is gonna be a wait and see situation and I think the lean is working in Robinson as the starter over time. J.D. McKissic is prolly gonna always have the same role so I don't think they actually get impacted and therefore are not league winner ever.

NFC North (Most possible King Maker Division)

*CHI - Khalil Herbert is already most likely rostered in a lot of competitive leagues. Trestan Ebner has a good speed and could be a good COP play here for Herbert and I would say is a good watchlist guy since the Bears can only really run afaik.

*DET - We know the drill, Jamaal Williams. However if this team is as good as we have seen then we need to reevaluate the value of this backup a rising tide definitely makes jamaal a top coveted handcuff. Craig Reynolds and Justin Jackson are 'just a guy' aka JAGs for fantasy but I think others have favored Reynolds so would love to hear more.

GBP - Kylin Hill he is 3rd on the depth chart and considered out so possible can stash as IR that's good. I also saw a little buzz last year for this guy but I don't think he has ever yet been fantasy relevant, but great as a beat your league to waivers and Einstein move since the depth chart points to him heavily favorited if Dillon or Jones goes out. Good guy to keep on watch list.

*MIN - Alexander Mattison prolly the best perennial back up ever in fantasy. He has that trade talk rumor clout but, prolly less likely to be traded since Vikings are going for it this year and will need that RB security. He will be a league winner if he gets this backfield. I never even heard of the 3rd stringer Kene Nwangwu.

NFC South

*ATL - Tyler Allgeier is strongly the play here we already know Patterson is not a heavy workload RB. Damien Williams gets points if you can get him in the IR but meh, kind of uninspiring as a lotto.

CAR - Chubba Hubbard stunk last year, I don't like him and even the depth chart lists D'Onta Foreman as the backup. I can be swayed to Chubba but the Offense is also really weak these guys at best might be flex plays and not really worth roster but can be watched.

NO - Mark Ingram and Tony Jones might be an appealing RBBC. Tony Jones prolly has the shoot for the moon potential but Ingram just seems to be the better rostered player since he actually can contribute in both scenarios of Kamara in or out.

*TBB - Raachaad White is another must stash caliber RB and league winner type as a lot of others have mentioned. Fournette already has some soft tissue concerns and I expect there lean on the RB during the WR injury plague might make Fournette get further injured. Gio Bernard "in PPR leagues" makes sense too. its too bad he is out right now cause he would be invaluable to Brady.

NFC West

ARI - Darrell Williams/Eno Benjamin we can actually possible see this as soon as this week. I think the tilt is on Darrel to be thumper and Eno to be COP. So I'll lean Darrell for the TD upside but PPR appeal goes to Eno. This one is a tough, both could be flex or lowend RB2. Not league winning but valuable for the byes.

LAR - Kyren Williams is another savvy IR stash. Rumored to have a larger role, but injury struck him out. Jake Funk is just a guy, so I won't even want to bold their name.

*SF - Hell hath no fury like this RB backfield. From the ashes we are now down to Jeff Wilson as the current kingmaker and they should be a High end RB2 in the system. I think its smart to IR stash TDP and to pickup Jordan Mason. I personally have done that and it is the reason why I'm writing this long *** post.

SEA - Kenneth Walker should be already rostered. I'm thinking it would be RBBC though so maybe not as good of a pick as you think. But I can be swayed.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 15 possible Kingmakers.

One of my favorite threads by far each year! I was kind of bummed not to see the comprehensive list yet, like we were spoiled with in the other years. So thought to start it up. I'm going to reference your format from last year's @daylight.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing - King Maker List - by division: I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker *

AFC East

*BUF - Dreaded RBBC, but Zack Moss is a possible key difference maker. They also can contribute now as a lowend flex. James Cook is in the doghouse, but worth to monitor.

MIA - Raheem and Edmonds are actually listed both as the starter surprisingly on the Miami website's depth chart so must roster them both! Salvon Ahmed good COP guy. Myles Gaskin has been fantasy relevant before and is a good dark horse. I would say just add these to the watchlist since even the depth chart is RBBC formatted. Yikes!

NEP - Pretty similar to WAS situation actually. Ty Montgomery is the McKissic lite, but he also has the IR strategy since he is out. Need to watch this more since if that role is similar to James White then a lot of us missed the boat on a easy to have mid range flex.

NYJ - I don't see Ty Johnson ever being relevant. Steer clear its basically Carter/Hall or bust.

AFC North

*BAL - Front runner has to be Gus 'Bus' Edwards - Bonus points since easy to stash if you have I.R. slot and J.K. Dobbins is far from the picture of health. We already know Mike Davis and Kenyan Drake aint it. Dark horse could be Justice Hill but like years past this backfield is RBBC and everyone is capped to be at most highend RB2s.

CIN - Samaje Perine and Chris Evans might formulate a RBBC at best here. I think Samaje wins that split but for some reason seems to be at best a flex.

*CLE - D'Ernest Johnson must be rostered if you can. He is linked to several trade talk rumors. He might just go to a team who needs him in case of injury. He's essentially a handcuff to any RB in the NFL in that respect. Jerome Ford can be watched in case of injury/trade of a Browns player, but might just be a good to know of type.

*PIT - Jaylen Warren is a must roster for anyone w/ Najae. that foot injury is concerning and I don't think it gets better. Warren could be a Kingmaker especially if the QB switch happens and the Offense has some dimension.

AFC South

HOU - Rex Burkhead is the definitive handcuff yet he kind of has that Patterson appeal where in a pinch he could be a volume play but just can't sustain it for long at best he would be a low end RB2. Dare Ogunbowale is here but yea not much to be excited for on this dreadful offense.

IND - Nyheim Hines is perfect now as a flex play and no one else is really here to be JT. I think this team would trade for someone like Mattison or D'Ernest.

JAC - Travis Etienne might be fancy Nyheim Hines... JaMycal Hasty could be the 1/2 down back if James Robinson gets injured, this seems like a RBBC I want to avoid.

TEN - Dontrell Hilliard has that nice COP role and Hassan Haskins has that 1/2 down role that is less appealing. This team really doesn't seem to be one I would like to invest in.

AFC West

*DEN - Melvin Gordon or none

*KCC - J McKinnon is that COP with consistent low end flex value and Isiah Pacheco is the fave to be a league winner. savvy t roster them since CEH has a injury track record, but honestly I think CEH is not a injury prone as some may think.

*LAS - Zamir White is another frontrunner. Ameer and Bolden top out as COP.

LAC - WTF knows this one is a cluster, Joshua Kelley is listed 2nd, Sony Michel 3rd, and Isaiah Spiller as 4th. They each should have an opportunity for the complimentary role for the Chargers. My Gut says the Rookie should be the only guy rostered but, this screams 3 headed monster in case the starter goes down and prolly not worth it until we see it play out.

NFC East

*DAL
- Tony Pollard slightly lower than AJ Dillon. Already rostered and valued.

NYG - Matt Breida is not the answer. Most likely woud be someone not on the roster.

PHI - Kenneth Gainwell has a lot of hype and I personally haven't really thought there was a lot of value for the Eagles since there is a lot of competition including Hurts stealing goal line opportunities but he is the best bet to have some fantasy upside. The 2 dark horses to keep watch are Boston Scott and Trey Sermon these 2 actually make sense to be the heir to goal line if Sanders goes out. Trey Sermon is actually the more talented but Scott has paid his dues.

*WAS - Antonio Gibson has technically already been the best kingmaker yet due to the injury to Brian Robinson. Anyone can see this is gonna be a wait and see situation and I think the lean is working in Robinson as the starter over time. J.D. McKissic is prolly gonna always have the same role so I don't think they actually get impacted and therefore are not league winner ever.

NFC North (Most possible King Maker Division)

*CHI - Khalil Herbert is already most likely rostered in a lot of competitive leagues. Trestan Ebner has a good speed and could be a good COP play here for Herbert and I would say is a good watchlist guy since the Bears can only really run afaik.

*DET - We know the drill, Jamaal Williams. However if this team is as good as we have seen then we need to reevaluate the value of this backup a rising tide definitely makes jamaal a top coveted handcuff. Craig Reynolds and Justin Jackson are 'just a guy' aka JAGs for fantasy but I think others have favored Reynolds so would love to hear more.

GBP - Kylin Hill he is 3rd on the depth chart and considered out so possible can stash as IR that's good. I also saw a little buzz last year for this guy but I don't think he has ever yet been fantasy relevant, but great as a beat your league to waivers and Einstein move since the depth chart points to him heavily favorited if Dillon or Jones goes out. Good guy to keep on watch list.

*MIN - Alexander Mattison prolly the best perennial back up ever in fantasy. He has that trade talk rumor clout but, prolly less likely to be traded since Vikings are going for it this year and will need that RB security. He will be a league winner if he gets this backfield. I never even heard of the 3rd stringer Kene Nwangwu.

NFC South

*ATL - Tyler Allgeier is strongly the play here we already know Patterson is not a heavy workload RB. Damien Williams gets points if you can get him in the IR but meh, kind of uninspiring as a lotto.

CAR - Chubba Hubbard stunk last year, I don't like him and even the depth chart lists D'Onta Foreman as the backup. I can be swayed to Chubba but the Offense is also really weak these guys at best might be flex plays and not really worth roster but can be watched.

NO - Mark Ingram and Tony Jones might be an appealing RBBC. Tony Jones prolly has the shoot for the moon potential but Ingram just seems to be the better rostered player since he actually can contribute in both scenarios of Kamara in or out.

*TBB - Raachaad White is another must stash caliber RB and league winner type as a lot of others have mentioned. Fournette already has some soft tissue concerns and I expect there lean on the RB during the WR injury plague might make Fournette get further injured. Gio Bernard "in PPR leagues" makes sense too. its too bad he is out right now cause he would be invaluable to Brady.

NFC West

ARI - Darrell Williams/Eno Benjamin we can actually possible see this as soon as this week. I think the tilt is on Darrel to be thumper and Eno to be COP. So I'll lean Darrell for the TD upside but PPR appeal goes to Eno. This one is a tough, both could be flex or lowend RB2. Not league winning but valuable for the byes.

LAR - Kyren Williams is another savvy IR stash. Rumored to have a larger role, but injury struck him out. Jake Funk is just a guy, so I won't even want to bold their name.

*SF - Hell hath no fury like this RB backfield. From the ashes we are now down to Jeff Wilson as the current kingmaker and they should be a High end RB2 in the system. I think its smart to IR stash TDP and to pickup Jordan Mason. I personally have done that and it is the reason why I'm writing this long *** post.

SEA - Kenneth Walker should be already rostered. I'm thinking it would be RBBC though so maybe not as good of a pick as you think. But I can be swayed.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 15 possible Kingmakers.

Good post, worth a bump.

Roughly the halfway point of the regular season, lets do an update.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – King Maker List - by division
I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker *

AFC East

*BUF
-
James Cook he is the best bet now at its not close. stash/monitor
Zack Moss barring injury the dream is dead. Healthy inactive is super clear to me

MIA –
Raheem Mostert is the guy for now,
Chase Edmonds borderline droppable but if injury add him back there is a loyal following for him but the Identity of the Dolphins is a pass funnel YAC vacuum with the WRs IMO.

*NEP - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Stevenson and Harris are already rostered. Injury makes the king

*NYJ – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Breece Hall is the clear winner.
Michael Carter stash/monitor

AFC North

*BAL
– (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Gus 'Bus' Edwards - Bonus points since easy to stash if you have I.R. slot and J.K. Dobbins is far from the picture of health.(now injured)
Dark horse could be Justice Hill/Kenyan Drake/Mike Davis but like years past this backfield is RBBC and everyone is capped to be at most highend RB2s.

CIN – Downgraded from Kingmaker
Samaje Perine and Chris Evans formulate a RBBC at best here. I think Samaje wins that split but for some reason seems to be at best a flex.

CLE – Downgraded from Kingmaker
D'Ernest Johnson and Jerome Ford barring injury or unlikely trade. monitor

PIT – Downgraded from Kingmaker
Jaylen Warren still a must roster for anyone w/ Najae. Already forcing a split but this offense no longer seems to be kingmaker just because its so low powered.

AFC South

HOU - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Rex Burkhead is the definitive handcuff yet only monitor.

*IND – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Deon Johnson needs to be monitored/stashed and would be a lowend RB1 if JT goes out.
Nyheim Hines is flex play

*JAC – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Travis Etienne and James Robinson are now in a split and Injury makes the king.

TEN -
Dontrell Hilliard has that nice COP role and
Hassan Haskins has that 1/2 down role that is less appealing. This team really doesn't seem to be one I would like to invest in.

AFC West

DEN – Downgraded Kingmaker
Gordon/Murray/Boone are all so unappealing Boone has the juice but I wouldn’t bother with this mess. I miss Javonte.

*KCC -
Isiah Pacheco
is still the fave to be a league winner for me.
J McKinnon is that COP with consistent low end flex value and

*LAS
-
Zamir White is another frontrunner. Ameer and Bolden top out as COP.

LAC -
Joshua Kelley is the main frontrunner now despite being injured would have been kingmaker but not atm monitor and add back once he is healthy. Sony Michel/Isaiah Spiller are a COP.

NFC East

*DAL
- (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Tony Pollard yep layup.

NYG - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Matt Breida is not the answer. Most likely would be someone not on the roster.

PHI -
Kenneth Gainwell/Boston Scott/Trey Sermon no distinction between them. RBBC

*WAS
Antonio Gibson frontrunner and just the more dynamic player in my eyes
J.D. McKissic COP

NFC North (Most possible KingMaker Division)

*CHI - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Khalil Herbert is already most likely rostered in leagues.
Trestan Ebner COP

*DET -
Jamaal Williams top coveted handcuff with injury prone starter
Craig Reynolds and Justin Jackson are 'just a guy' aka JAGs

*GBP – Upgraded to Kingmaker
AJ Dillon in a split that I thought would be better so this upgrade is prolyl due to not meeting expectations.
Kylin Hill COP

*MIN -
Alexander Mattison Grass is green, water is wet. It’s a given he is a kingmaker
Kene Nwangwu COP

NFC South

*ATL
Tyler Allgeier is strongly the play here we already know Patterson is not a heavy workload RB.
Damien Williams gets points if you can get him in the IR but meh, kind of uninspiring as a lotto.

CAR – (We’ll know more this week, Roster em both if you can)
Chubba Hubbard stunk last year, I don't like him and even the depth chart lists
D'Onta Foreman as the backup. I can be swayed to Chubba but the Offense is also really weak these guys at best might be flex plays and not really worth roster but can be watched.

NO - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Mark Ingram and Dwayne Washington RBBC.

*TBB
Raachaad White must stash caliber RB and league winner

NFC West

*ARI
- Upgraded to Kingmaker
Eno Benjamin much better than anticipated. Forcing a split on Conner’s return too

*LAR – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Darrell Henderson Jr. actively a kingmaker this is me going out on a limb, but I feel he is going to be a RB2 ROS w/o a threat atm.
Kyren Williams is another savvy IR stash. But he will be a COP.

SF - Downgraded from Kingmaker
Jeff Wilson, Eli Mitchell, TDP,Jordan Mason all are RBBC backups now from CMC Trade fallout.

*SEA – I was wrong(in general about SEA) but mentioned I could be swayed
Kenneth Walker should be already rostered.
DeeJay Dallas preferred COP
Tony Jones COP

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 18 possible Kingmakers.

AFC East

*BUF
-
James Cook he is the best bet now at its not close. stash/monitor
Zack Moss barring injury the dream is dead. Healthy inactive is super clear to me

MIA –
Raheem Mostert is the guy for now,
Chase Edmonds borderline droppable but if injury add him back there is a loyal following for him but the Identity of the Dolphins is a pass funnel YAC vacuum with the WRs IMO.

*NEP - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Stevenson and Harris are already rostered. Injury makes the king

*NYJ – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Breece Hall is the clear winner.
Michael Carter stash/monitor

AFC North

*BAL
– (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Gus 'Bus' Edwards - Bonus points since easy to stash if you have I.R. slot and J.K. Dobbins is far from the picture of health.(now injured)
Dark horse could be Justice Hill/Kenyan Drake/Mike Davis but like years past this backfield is RBBC and everyone is capped to be at most highend RB2s.

CIN – Downgraded from Kingmaker
Samaje Perine and Chris Evans formulate a RBBC at best here. I think Samaje wins that split but for some reason seems to be at best a flex.

CLE – Downgraded from Kingmaker
D'Ernest Johnson and Jerome Ford barring injury or unlikely trade. monitor

PIT – Downgraded from Kingmaker
Jaylen Warren still a must roster for anyone w/ Najae. Already forcing a split but this offense no longer seems to be kingmaker just because its so low powered.

AFC South

HOU - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Rex Burkhead is the definitive handcuff yet only monitor.

*IND – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Deon Johnson needs to be monitored/stashed and would be a lowend RB1 if JT goes out.
Nyheim Hines is flex play

*JAC – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Travis Etienne and James Robinson are now in a split and Injury makes the king.

TEN -
Dontrell Hilliard has that nice COP role and
Hassan Haskins has that 1/2 down role that is less appealing. This team really doesn't seem to be one I would like to invest in.

AFC West

DEN – Downgraded Kingmaker
Gordon/Murray/Boone are all so unappealing Boone has the juice but I wouldn’t bother with this mess. I miss Javonte.

*KCC -
Isiah Pacheco
is still the fave to be a league winner for me.
J McKinnon is that COP with consistent low end flex value and

*LAS
-
Zamir White is another frontrunner. Ameer and Bolden top out as COP.

LAC -
Joshua Kelley is the main frontrunner now despite being injured would have been kingmaker but not atm monitor and add back once he is healthy. Sony Michel/Isaiah Spiller are a COP.

NFC East

*DAL
Tony Pollard yep layup.

NYG - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Matt Breida is not the answer. Most likely would be someone not on the roster.

PHI -
Kenneth Gainwell/Boston Scott/Trey Sermon no distinction between them. RBBC

*WAS
Antonio Gibson frontrunner and just the more dynamic player in my eyes
J.D. McKissic COP

NFC North (Most possible KingMaker Division)

*CHI - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Khalil Herbert is already most likely rostered in leagues.
Trestan Ebner COP

*DET -
Jamaal Williams top coveted handcuff with injury prone starter
Craig Reynolds and Justin Jackson are 'just a guy' aka JAGs

*GBP – Upgraded to Kingmaker
AJ Dillon in a split that I thought would be better so this upgrade is prolyl due to not meeting expectations.
Kylin Hill COP

*MIN -
Alexander Mattison Grass is green, water is wet. It’s a given he is a kingmaker
Kene Nwangwu COP

NFC South

*ATL
Tyler Allgeier is strongly the play here we already know Patterson is not a heavy workload RB.
Damien Williams gets points if you can get him in the IR but meh, kind of uninspiring as a lotto.

CAR – (We’ll know more this week, Roster em both if you can)
Chubba Hubbard stunk last year, I don't like him and even the depth chart lists
D'Onta Foreman as the backup. I can be swayed to Chubba but the Offense is also really weak these guys at best might be flex plays and not really worth roster but can be watched.

NO - (No updates really needed this one was nailed)
Mark Ingram and Dwayne Washington RBBC.

*TBB
Raachaad White must stash caliber RB and league winner

NFC West

*ARI
- Upgraded to Kingmaker
Eno Benjamin much better than anticipated. Forcing a split on Conner’s return too

*LAR – Upgraded to Kingmaker
Darrell Henderson Jr. actively a kingmaker this is me going out on a limb, but I feel he is going to be a RB2 ROS w/o a threat atm.
Kyren Williams is another savvy IR stash. But he will be a COP.

SF - Downgraded from Kingmaker
Jeff Wilson, Eli Mitchell, TDP,Jordan Mason all are RBBC backups now from CMC Trade fallout.

*SEA – I was wrong(in general about SEA) but mentioned I could be swayed
Kenneth Walker should be already rostered.
DeeJay Dallas preferred COP
Tony Jones COP

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 18 possible Kingmakers.

Good work. With having just lost Dobbins and RB being a wasteland this was much appreciated and very timely.

Both Justice Hill and Gus Edwards are sitting on my waiver wire but I'm not sure which way to go. Hill was very good earlier before injury and I fear Baltimore may take it slow with Edwards the way they did with Dobbins. Then again, with Drake, Edwards, Hill and Lamaaar Jackson all figuring in to the running game I may want to avoid altogether.

I believe most in Gus out of all the remaining RBs and he is stashed in my IR in all my leagues, I think he is the most talented and will have the most trust and get worked in. That being said he really is a RB2 at most. I think it will be RBBC but, Gus should rise to the top when healthy. If no IR I don't think I would ever have Gus.

Picked up Deon Johnson. He showed he could do it when given the chance. JT goes down again and he has value.

Many thanks to @Hartliner for compiling a very nice list - I have posted it (as of Sat. Oct. 22 8 AM) at the very top of this thread.

As of Monday Oct. 24 - 10 AM ET:
Reviewing the list at the top of this thread:
I'm struggling to find a back with KingMaker upside at zero cost other than Kyren Williams LAR

What are your current Top 3 Kingmakers?

I'm struggling to find a back with KingMaker upside at zero cost other than Kyren Williams LAR

Is Kyren really a Kingmaker behind that offensive offensive line?

Is Kyren really a Kingmaker behind that offensive offensive line?

while that's a good point, I'm not sure it matters. he's undersized, has below average burst, doesn't break tackles, is not elusive, and he fumbles a lot.

quite a mystery to me that people think he'll be anything.

Users who are viewing this thread