What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Year End Song Draft - Round 20 Today (1 Viewer)

17. The Murder Capital — A Thousand Lives

The new album is released on Friday. This was one of the early releases. The lead singer annoys me sometimes but he’s not bad on this track. I consistently like the instrumentation.

Last edited:

17.ee - Horace Andy - Safe From Harm​

The legend produced by Adrian Sherwood. I guess if anyone can cover Massive Attack, it's Horace Andy.

Interesting. I checked out a review of her and saw this description from Pitchfork about F2F, "perhaps improbably, a country song with a pop-punk chorus about revenge sex (“F2F”)"

Pretty accurate description, actually. Strange song. It certainly sounds a ton like Fall Out Boy or Sum 41 gone country, up to and including not cursing during the obvious curse moments of the song.

Interesting. I checked out a review of her and saw this description from Pitchfork about F2F, "perhaps improbably, a country song with a pop-punk chorus about revenge sex (“F2F”)"

Pretty accurate description, actually. Strange song. It certainly sounds a ton like Fall Out Boy or Sum 41 gone country, up to and including not cursing during the obvious curse moments of the song.
She is probably my favorite newer R&B artist. She does some interesting things. She has collabs with Kendrick, Phoebe Bridgers, Justin Timberlake, Ab-Soul. She is willing to experiment with her sound. Her new album definitely leans in some surprising directions, including just acoustic songs that sound like they could be off a TSwift album.

Also the Steve Lacy track I posted has a similar crossover vibe. He's ostensibly an R&B artist but this song could have easily been a 2000s emo song.

19.19.19 Jerry Paper - Kno Me

Anyone do any MP3ing these days? All I really want is to have some songs from a certain Canadian hero on my spotify playlists. I know I can import them but I have no idea how to steal music (that I already own in like four other formats) these days.

Everybody Knows This is Painful

Think you gotta go/back home/and take it easy

No, seriously, I don't even know how to illegally burn and rip music anymore. And that seems like a win for the record industry, which I hold in low esteem.
It is for sure but unfortunately because of that crooked record industry (and Spotify/streamers as well obviously but not like they make profit) the artists are no farther ahead because Spotify/streamers pay peanuts.

I have all these songs in an MP3 Folder somewhere on an external hard drive, probably I need to dig it out and just transfer them over but wherever that drive is, I haven't touched it in 5+ years. I have like 5 NY albums on vinyl, though I guess to be fair I didn't buy any of them new, so he still hasn't seen any $$$ from me at that point. I bought Harvest Moon and Live at Massey Hall on CDs because they were still a thing when they were released.

I don't know what the answer is for artists who aren't Neil Young in the big picture. In this example, I've paid to see Neil 3 times and bought a poster at one of the shows, so I guess that helps. Buy physical versions of the music (new :unsure: ) and see them live is the only answer, right?

This was definitely the comeback album of the year for me, in that I didn't really think I'd love another album by this band, but I did! It's solid front to back. One of the reviews on it (likely @Pitchfork) lightly criticized it saying a lot of the songs called back to past songs of theirs but yeah! their past songs were great! I think this one was supposed to be too close to "Weed Party" or something but "Weed Party" ****ing rules. Anyway...

16.NV - Lights - Band of Horses

She's been drafted multiple times in the first draft and again in this one but my favourite song from the album hasn't been taken yet, so...

Walked in straight away and slammed the door last night
I caught you on the couch, you were having a fright all alone
With the TV on
Clothes strewn on the floor, I got down on my knees
You told me everything that you wanted to be all along
Was it wrong?

And I said, "Listen, oh, I know it's been a long, long year
But I think we should go and get you out of here"
I'll go anywhere, anywhere with you
Pack up all your **** and put it in the back
Maybe the miles can make up for the things you lack
I'll go anywhere, anywhere with you
:wub:

17.NV - Anywhere With You - Maggie Rogers

I will never stop loving everything everything this band puts out and taking them in everything everything we do music related on these boards. They're everything everything I Loved in the mid-late 00s but they've kept evolving and putting out amazing songs. I feel like the UK music media (NME) recognizes their greatness but no one here really cares :(

18.NV - Bad Friday - Everything Everything

Unsurprisingly, F2F is probably my favourite song on that album.

All I'm asking is that someone put this song in a stadium as the entrance/victory anthem and 100,000 people shout along to it together. It was literally made for that purpose as far as I can tell (listen to this and imagine England somehow actually won the World Cup).

"I think it's coming home again"

19.NV - C'Mon You Know - Liam Gallagher

Anyone do any MP3ing these days? All I really want is to have some songs from a certain Canadian hero on my spotify playlists. I know I can import them but I have no idea how to steal music (that I already own in like four other formats) these days.

I downloaded some pirated copies of Joni Mitchell albums last year but I found having MP3 files on my computer was inferior to the portability of listening to them virtually anywhere on Spotify. They were FLAC so the sound quality was ostensibly better, not that my old ears could tell the difference.

If you scroll through the chat box on the right side of this site, there's occasionally some amazing finds that come up.

20. black midi — Sugar/Tzu

I was hoping someone else would select this song but, alas, it’s left for me.

My favorite song on one of my favorite albums ever. The music video (below) is also probably my favorite music video of all time. If you watch the video, keep in mind that the story is not really about the boxers, it’s about the little kid.

Users who are viewing this thread