What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 College football thread - That's A Wrap (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you gotta be some kind of pissed as a booster to write that $75 million dollar check.

:lol:

There are more c suite fortune 100 from there than any other uni and the highest concentration of oil gas execs and private owners. The money there is unfathomable and they really want to win and win now.

But they've never won. Ever. Have they? What's the best season in Texas A&M history? The Manziel years? Did they win a Cotton Bowl or two? They should be used to sucking.

Man, you gotta be some kind of pissed as a booster to write that $75 million dollar check.

There are more c suite fortune 100 from there than any other uni and the highest concentration of oil gas execs and private owners. The money there is unfathomable and they really want to win and win now.

But they've never won. Ever. Have they? What's the best season in Texas A&M history? The Manziel years? Did they win a Cotton Bowl or two? They should be used to sucking.
Bryant and Junction Boys went undefeated in 1956.

Bryant and Junction Boys went undefeated in 1956.

So before color television. Got it.

The Manziel heisman year if in the Big 12 was likely a trip to a national title. Lost an early game to Florida that for all intents set them out of the discussion that would have been vs. Kanas or something that week in the Big 12, was able to beat Bama on the road and the eventual Big 12 champ in the Cotton.

You can look at Jimbos covid year as probably the 2nd best year of the 2000s with the Orange bowl.

They are in the same tier as several teams that competed better in the bag money era of the late 80s early 90s. Just they have more money than god. The check that was written was for 160. Some Saudi money in there. Same guy that reportedly pushed and funded a lot of the LIV deal went to.... Texas A&M

Kiffin, Lanning, Elko a few names being tossed around for TAMU.
No chance Lanning goes to TAMU. Deboer maybe

I sure hope you're right because the last thing Oregon needs is a distraction like this. I hope somebody in his inner circle is letting him know where Willie Taggart is now.

Do you know where Willie Taggart is now? I had to Google it. He's the RB coach for Baltimore.

Cristobal is 11-11 at Miami. The grass isn't greener, Dan! It's just not!!!!!111

Kiffin, Lanning, Elko a few names being tossed around for TAMU.
No chance Lanning goes to TAMU. Deboer maybe

I sure hope you're right because the last thing Oregon needs is a distraction like this. I hope somebody in his inner circle is letting him know where Willie Taggart is now.

Do you know where Willie Taggart is now? I had to Google it. He's the RB coach for Baltimore.

Cristobal is 11-11 at Miami. The grass isn't greener, Dan! It's just not!!!!!111

Never been about if the grass is greener in college football, only if the $$$$$ is greener.

Per someone very well connected to Oregon Dan is going to address this tonight and shut it down. He isn't going to A&M.

I just don't know why he would. Yeah, okay, money. Money, money, money, money. He is making good money at Oregon. The team is going the right direction. It's a lovely place to live. Eugene has mountains and trees and rivers and it's gorgeous. College Station is flat and hot and there's nothing to do. Well, maybe there's stuff to do, but I lived in Texas long enough to know it's WAY better in Oregon.

Listen to me, Dan!

Heard on ESPN Radio that Urban Meyer and Coach Prime are in the mix. Will be interesting.

Urban Meyer is the new Jon Gruden. His name is going to come up for every job. Pretty amazing too, considering his very checkered past.

Plus how many successful coaches in NFL or college have been out of the game 5 years or more, came back and had the same success?

Jim Harbaugh said that because of all the “adversity” that they have fought, they should be “America’s Team”.

Look Michigan guys, I get that you’re going to defend your team/program, but this is totally delusional.
Do you think Harbaugh didn't know exactly what he was doing? It's just manipulating the media to further feed the Michigan vs. Everybody narrative that has galvanized the team and university.

And judging by the way social media is blowing up with backlash, he was successful.

Heard on ESPN Radio that Urban Meyer and Coach Prime are in the mix. Will be interesting.
They’re tied at 15th in Vegas odds.

Is Kingsbury back from his European Vacation?
lol at Belichek being on that list. Could you imagine him on the recruiting trail. "grumble grumble, we want you at TAMU, grumble grumble, but I never want to see your parents there, grumble grumble"

Yeah the villain role vs everyone fits UM perfectly, makes sense for them to play it up. I know the Lions tried that but everyone and their mother likes that team.

Jim Harbaugh said that because of all the “adversity” that they have fought, they should be “America’s Team”.

Look Michigan guys, I get that you’re going to defend your team/program, but this is totally delusional.
who here from the Michigan fan base has come remotely close to this position?

There are some that just won't admit it, but how about this guy.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh hell yeah. Take a seat Michigan haters. Go Blue!

Or when you make jokes about it quotes the score your team lost by. Sick burn.
Trying to hide his signs under water incase Michigan is taping the commercial.
49-0

It's so America 2023 that getting caught cheating means everyone else is an arsehole for catching you cheat, and you're the victims that need to come together against the heinous atrocity of noticing that you were cheating.

Per someone very well connected to Oregon Dan is going to address this tonight and shut it down. He isn't going to A&M.

I just don't know why he would. Yeah, okay, money. Money, money, money, money. He is making good money at Oregon. The team is going the right direction. It's a lovely place to live. Eugene has mountains and trees and rivers and it's gorgeous. College Station is flat and hot and there's nothing to do. Well, maybe there's stuff to do, but I lived in Texas long enough to know it's WAY better in Oregon.

Listen to me, Dan!

Lanning will get another raise out of this, and his buyout will get even higher (was raised to $20M a few months back). At least that's what I hope happens. He still has a lot to learn as a coach (and he's 37, he will learn), but the trajectory is a good one for the program with him in charge.

49-0
@Stoneworker are you a Michigan fan or just hopped on for the ride once all this **** started happening? And do you think Michigan should be "America's Team"? I honestly don't know. I know there are 5-6 of us here who participate on the regular and none of us have said anything remotely close to what GD was saying.

Do you think Harbaugh didn't know exactly what he was doing? It's just manipulating the media to further feed the Michigan vs. Everybody narrative that has galvanized the team and university.

And judging by the way social media is blowing up with backlash, he was successful.

49-0
@Stoneworker are you a Michigan fan or just hopped on for the ride once all this **** started happening? And do you think Michigan should be "America's Team"? I honestly don't know. I know there are 5-6 of us here who participate on the regular and none of us have said anything remotely close to what GD was saying.

Nobody thinks that. Harbaugh was playing the media like he always does and they swallowed the bait as usual.

Of course Woodson and Howard will play it up as it makes for good TV!

I'd just looked at their history before popping in here. It's rather unimpressive. Ranked in the final top 25 maybe half the time over the last fifty years or so. A few top ten finishes. No sustained, high-end success. Jimbo wasn't really any worse than recent coaches, but he didn't take them to the next level, either, which is probably why they fired him.

@Da Guru beat me to it but I expressed a similar view on "America's Team" in a post above. Anyone who's familiar with Harbaugh knows he loves being the rebel and it was clear he was playing the media and enjoying every minute of it. No true Michigan fan/alum should be anything but embarrassed by Stallions' actions. Beyond that nothing has been proven, even though a lot of people sure seem to be enjoy playing judge and jury.

Last edited:

I'd just looked at their history before popping in here. It's rather unimpressive. Ranked in the final top 25 maybe half the time over the last fifty years or so. A few top ten finishes. No sustained, high-end success. Jimbo wasn't really any worse than recent coaches, but he didn't take them to the next level, either, which is probably why they fired him.

But Tri, they were great under Bear Bryant before cars came standard with air conditioning!

No chance Deion is going, not for 2024. Couldn't take Shedeur and Shilo with him, nor Travis Hunter, I believe 2nd time transfer rules would prevent that. His daughter's at CU as well, plays basketball, and again, couldn't move with 2nd transfer rules. He's not leaving his kids behind at Colorado to chase money at A&M.

49-0
If I implied that I thought other people were saying that beyond Harbaugh that was not my intent.

I was just saying I get that fans/UM are going to want to defend them, but that particular claim by Harbaugh seems a step way too far.

If I implied that I thought other people were saying that beyond Harbaugh that was not my intent.

I was just saying I get that fans/UM are going to want to defend them, but that particular claim by Harbaugh seems a step way too far.
I don't disagree.....the fans/alums here don't disagree either. Every fanbase has "those" fans, but know none personally. Even the ones deep in the conspiracy theories run amuck know that what Stallions did was over the line. Punish him...no problem with that. And punish anyone they can link to him and his actions....no problem with that either.

Did he mean to shift the narrative to "I'm a crazy pants who says stuff that makes you think my meds need to be calibrated"?

Because that press conference was closer to Charlie Sheen than Bo Schembechler.
Cant really fault meeting the mob where they're at though, right? Remember....at the beginning of this whole thing, it was portrayed as one of the worst infractions of all time warranting the shutdown of the program.

Did he mean to shift the narrative to "I'm a crazy pants who says stuff that makes you think my meds need to be calibrated"?

Cant really fault meeting the mob where they're at though, right? Remember....at the beginning of this whole thing, it was portrayed as one of the worst infractions of all time warranting the shutdown of the program.
I don't mind if someone wants to play the media game. I'm in favor of it.

He sounded unhinged. Not just the America's Team stuff, he was rambling about random stuff, he's gone fight off a virus with an apple and push-ups? :mellow:

But Tri, they were great under Bear Bryant before cars came standard with air conditioning!

Is the logic here that a team that hasn't had success should just stop and accept failure? It's a funny year deion gets some hype for a program, and people would think Colorado has some nerve actually trying.

Is the logic here that a team that hasn't had success should just stop and accept failure? It's a funny year deion gets some hype for a program, and people would think Colorado has some nerve actually trying.

Buddy, A&M has tried. What do you think Jimbo was? It was an attempt to reach a level Texas A&M hasn't seen since 1939. Read that again. 1939.

By all means, keep chasing it. That's all you can do. But if money didn't bring you the glory with Jimbo, why will it work this time around?

Harbaugh has been talking out of his backside ever since he guaranteed a win vs. OSU in '86 (and delivered). Nothing new here. 0:15 of video

Buddy, A&M has tried. What do you think Jimbo was? It was an attempt to reach a level Texas A&M hasn't seen since 1939. Read that again. 1939.

By all means, keep chasing it. That's all you can do. But if money didn't bring you the glory with Jimbo, why will it work this time around?

Did bama give up when their coach had a hooker run up a $1k bar tab?

I think A&M is a pretty good job with all the resources it provides and being in Texas and the SEC is great. They have not won very much at all but they hsve a very talented roster with a very nice blue chip ratio. Some coach is going to come in to a talented roster. Texas had a talented roster for the past 10 years but only now are they winning 10 or more games consistantly.

Did bama give up when their coach had a hooker run up a $1k bar tab?

No, but Alabama is the best college football team in the history of the sport. A&M isn't even the best team in its own state. But by all means, keep flushing money away trying to be something you never were. It's working out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread