What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NY Giants - (Schoen & Daboll episode 2 – Danny turns Dimes into Dollars) (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys. Totally disagree. They've known all along what DeVito is. All you needed to see was the play sheet when he went in... all runs. no passing. He scares nobody. He is worse than just another guy. Not an NFL QB. This little joy should have come to end MUCH sooner than it did.
Then it was malpractice to start DeVito against the Saints when they were technically still in playoff contention.

I mean, the last guy the Giants had who was all runs and no passing got paid $41 million per in his 4th year. DeVito hasn't even completed his 1st year, maybe give him a shot to develop a little? ;)

No one is saying he's going to be a star QB, but he might have potential as a backup, considering Jones may not be ready for camp and Tyrod should walk. I don't think Giants will draft a QB and the vet QB market could dry up quick.

Sorry guys. Totally disagree. They've known all along what DeVito is. All you needed to see was the play sheet when he went in... all runs. no passing. He scares nobody. He is worse than just another guy. Not an NFL QB. This little joy should have come to end MUCH sooner than it did.
Then it was malpractice to start DeVito against the Saints when they were technically still in playoff contention.
They weren't really in playoff contention. Mathematically? sure. Realistically? Never. It's been malpractice to let DeVito have any snaps at all. He shouldn't even be on the team.

So...

With a loss to Philly, looks like we are locked in at #2-#5:

- An outside shot at moving up to #2, but various games need to go our way.
- Easiest one to follow to get us to #4 would be Arizona beating Seattle (which would help with the 2nd rounder they owe us as well)

With a win vs Philly, looks like #5-#8.

Happy New Years.

So...

With a loss to Philly, looks like we are locked in at #2-#5:

- An outside shot at moving up to #2, but various games need to go our way.
- Easiest one to follow to get us to #4 would be Arizona beating Seattle (which would help with the 2nd rounder they owe us as well)

With a win vs Philly, looks like #5-#8.

Happy New Years.
Getting to 3 or maybe 4 would give us a legit shot at MHJ.

Happy New Year

We need to trade up for Caleb. Give up whatever it takes. Danny Devito are not the answer.
Whatever it takes huh?
You ok with this? https://x.com/TonythePodBoss/status/1742287772231045297?s=20

Giants give up:
2024 1st
2024 2nd
2025 1st
2026 1st
Dexter Lawrence

Giants get:
Caleb Williams
Someone is suffering from draft fever dreams.

Happens every year. we'll soon be reading headlines like "In latest mock draft Jets trade up and get 18 of the first 19 picks in this year's draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My thoughts (not that they matter) on if the Giants should consider the QB in the 1st round of the 2024 draft.

Caleb Williams – yes
Drake Maye – yes
Mike Penix – yes/no, yes on ability, no on injury history
Jayden Daniels – unsure, I haven’t seen him play enough to have an opinion.
JJ McCarthy – no
Bo Nix – hell no

Welp, Wink is gone. I know the numbers weren't awesome, but I am not sure how much of that was on Wink. My sense is that this is a loss.

I don't necessarily have an issue with Wink going, but I do not like the way it took place. If Daboll wanted him gone whether because of philosophy, personality, etc...just let the guy go directly. The firing of assistants knowing he will likely walk because of it just seems chicken****. And I call BS on those who shared it could be because they did not want to pay Wink. Not sure what he made, but can't be that meaningful in the grand scheme and no impact to the cap.

I don't necessarily have an issue with Wink going, but I do not like the way it took place. If Daboll wanted him gone whether because of philosophy, personality, etc...just let the guy go directly. The firing of assistants knowing he will likely walk because of it just seems chicken****. And I call BS on those who shared it could be because they did not want to pay Wink. Not sure what he made, but can't be that meaningful in the grand scheme and no impact to the cap.
I read that by not firing Wink, the Giants can control where he goes because he resigned while still under contract.
There are also reports that Wink hasn’t turned in a resignation.
It’s messy!

I read that by not firing Wink, the Giants can control where he goes because he resigned while still under contract.
There are also reports that Wink hasn’t turned in a resignation.
It’s messy!
"He's not coming back but we haven't fired him and he hasn't resigned." OK then.

Found a few more articles about this. They tend to paint a more unflattering picture of Wink. It doesn't look good when you get upset when your friend gets fired while your boss also just fired his friend. It is a business after all.

ETA: I am not interested, at all, in Patricia. I can't tell if people are just throwing crap on the newspaper walls to see what sticks or if there is serious interest there. I hope not.

I don't give a rat's a$$ who gets upset,offended,p.o.'d,walks out,storms out or slithers out.
Just give a competative football team I can have some hope for again.
I don't care who the coaches are or who they are or are not friends with.
Just give me a frickin' winning team!

Raiders #10 PFF Final Oline Grades 2023

10. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Best lineup:​

LT Kolton Miller
LG Dylan Parham
C Andre James
RG Greg Van Roten
RT Jermaine Eluemunor

• Perhaps the most pleasantly surprising offensive line during the 2023 season, the Raiders' unit played well above expectations, even when without elite left tackle Kolton Miller.
  • The Raiders tied for the sixth-highest pass-blocking efficiency rating (86.3) in the NFL in 2023.

Best player: Kolton Miller

• Miller was the third-highest-graded offensive tackle in the NFL over the first eight weeks of the season, before injuries took a toll on his campaign.

Curious to hear thoughts on what happens with Saquon. If he gets franchised again I believe it's 12 and change for 2024.

Guessing the only two options are the tag or let him walk. What do you guys think?

Curious to hear thoughts on what happens with Saquon. If he gets franchised again I believe it's 12 and change for 2024.

Guessing the only two options are the tag or let him walk. What do you guys think?
I think it’s time to let him walk. Doubt we can get any return at this point. I’ll always wear his Jersey proudly.

He's going to stay.
He's going to play.
The offensive line will be improved.
We'll draft Daniels.
Danny Dimes will be our all purpose H-Back.
We'll make the playoffs.
And all will be well.

He's going to stay.
He's going to play.
The offensive line will be improved.
We'll draft Daniels.
Danny Dimes will be our all purpose H-Back.
We'll make the playoffs.
And all will be well.
I think he signs a team friendly deal ... It's a shame but the market for running backs has spoken.
No way they Franchise him at $12m ... He's coming off a pedestrian season under 4 yds per carry and didnt break 1000 yds rushing
The market is going to be flooded with the RBs again Saquan, Henry, Jacobs , Pollard, Ekeler and Cook

I say they Giants offer him a 2 year deal avg ~$6M ... basically half of what he would be tagged for

So let's say you own The Giants.
There's a knock on your door this morning.
It's Bill Belichick.
He tells you he wants to come back to The Giants this time as head coach and will take less money than going elsewhere.
But he wants full control of the on field product.
Hiring,firing,drafting,etc.
Do you say "Welcome back Bill!"
Or do you say "Get outta here you old has been!"
???

It's Bill Belichick.
He tells you he wants to come back to The Giants this time as head coach and will take less money than going elsewhere.
???

I'll pass. I'm not confident in his GM abilities, and at his age, even if I were confident in his GM abilities, I think he'd only be worth it if we were close to being a contender.

And despite some questionable stuff from Daboll this year, the dude did just win Coach of the Year last year.

It's Bill Belichick.
???
I would say no thanks !
But ... By the way, we are looking for a Defensive Coordinator if you're interested

Article is subscriber only, so copy and paste time

New York Daily News: Giants trying to prevent East Rutherford exodus by blocking Seattle Seahawks’ pursuit of Mike Kafka

The Giants should let Mike Kafka out, but they won’t because of how it would look.

Losing Kafka in a lateral move to the Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator position would turn over all three coordinator spots on Brian Daboll’s Giants staff.

It would confirm at least two of them wanted out and create no difficult guess about how the third felt before he was fired, for those who still need help figuring this out.

All while the Giants’ search for a new defensive coordinator drags on interminably, with numerous candidates choosing more stable situations over theirs.

Losing Kafka, therefore, would label this officially as an East Rutherford Exodus. And the Giants have to maintain the appearance of pretending everything is better than has been revealed.

See, the NFL is an optics-driven league. If given the choice between looking better in the short term and performing better in the long term, teams typically will prioritize how they look in the mirror.

Look no further than the Jets rooting around for leaks in their building late this season rather than actually addressing the problems that undercut their operation.

It’s conscious shortsightedness rooted in self-preservation and an obsession with controlling a public narrative that does not matter if the team simply wins games.

The Giants quickly blocked the Seahawks’ request to interview Kafka for their offensive coordinator position this week, sources said, preventing a sure departure had they allowed it to go through.

Think about it: the Seahawks interviewed Kafka twice for their head coaching vacancy.

Their request to interview him for their offensive coordinator position demonstrated two obvious realities from their conversations with him: 1) they have a high opinion of Kafka and 2) they think he’d take their OC job if it were offered to him.

That shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Kafka just survived a second season in which he was frequently reamed out, constantly second-guessed, marginalized and connected to one of the worst offenses in football.

Daboll took play-calling away from Kafka multiple times, giving it to QB coach Shea Tierney for the second half in Dallas in Week 10. And Daboll took the offensive meetings away from Kafka for Weeks 7-10.

Kafka, 36, is on track to be a head coach one day and needs to be in a supportive situation, not a hostile environment. But consider this:

The Giants could be blocking him from Seattle and retaining him only to strip play-calling away from him altogether.

How would that be fair? And honestly, how would that make sense for Daboll?

If Daboll takes over play-calling in 2024, it would be the logical move, frankly. He is on the hot seat entering year three, and if he’s going to push all his chips into the table, he might as well go all-out with what he does best.

Maybe it would save him and turn this around. But if not, at least Daboll wouldn’t have to say ‘what if?’ You could fill entire buildings with NFL coaches who have taken too much advice, delegated away their greatest skills and rued their failure to just lean on their strengths.

Not to mention that Tierney is a trusted Daboll loyalist who the head coach already jumped Kafka for in a regular season game. Clearly, the head coach wouldn’t mind having Tierney as his right-hand man.

GM Joe Schoen and Daboll could try to do right by Kafka while retaining him, of course. They could promise to keep play-calling in his hands and sweeten his contract and vow that his Giant experience will get less unpredictable and miserable.

Or they could stop managing the optics long enough to be reasonable about Kafka’s career.

Keeping him because it looks better won’t save Schoen, Daboll or the Giants. Only winning more games will.

I thought it was weird Giants assumed Kafka and Martindale would be back; You usually don't retain the guy you stripped of playcalling TWICE in a season (I didn't even know about the meeting stuff). The Wink stuff suprised me as I didn't know the relationship between Daboll and Wink was that toxic.

Users who are viewing this thread