What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (6 Viewers)

Davis, Benford, Spector and Rapp definitely out. Douglas, Dodson. Bernard, Johnson and even our punter could all be out as well. We’re hurting.

It’s crazy to think about all those injuries, losing Milano and White all year, plus losing D. Jones and Von for a while. McDermott has done such an incredible job with the D all year. If it weren’t for a couple losses that we could’ve/should’ve won, McDermott would be a front runner for coach of the year. Man deserves his props.

Besides the obvious comfort improvements of the new stadium, the noise advantage is going to be big, funnelling that noise in instead of letting it all go to open air.

Watching this Baltimore crowd, can’t wait for even more of that in Buffalo.

Welp.

That was their shot and, IMO, the injuries were just too much to overcome along with the drops.

Bills enter 2024 in salary cap purgatory. This team is going to have to go through a serious makeover to get under the cap. Don’t think they can do it without a rebuild.

Allen is a lot of fun to watch, but the same result over and over is so incredibly disappointing.

Allen is a lot of fun to watch, but the same result over and over is so incredibly disappointing.
At best, they’re a 500 team without Allen, he’s amazing. This one is absolutely 100% not at all on him.
I agree. I probably didn’t say that very well. Those are 2 separate thoughts. Like, I enjoy watching the Bills right now because the stuff Allen does is awesome to watch. But losing games in stupid ways or just simply losing close playoff games over and over and over is exhausting.

At best, they’re a 500 team without Allen, he’s amazing. This one is absolutely 100% not at all on him.
I agree. I probably didn’t say that very well. Those are 2 separate thoughts. Like, I enjoy watching the Bills right now because the stuff Allen does is awesome to watch. But losing games in stupid ways or just simply losing close playoff games over and over and over is exhausting.
Be happy you aren't a Bears fan.

Josh Allen reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger in a lot of ways... the leadership, the warrior, putting the team on his back, etc. Unfortunately, Josh Allen reminds me of Big Ben in one other way...

During Ben's time he was a very good QB, a HOF QB, but he was in the same conference as two near-perfect QBs in Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and despite all the heroics there was always one INT too many, or a sack/fumble, or bad read... that 1 or 2 moments that PIT simply could not afford against these superior QBs.

Josh Allen looks to be dealing with the same issues and having to annually face Patrick Mahomes and maybe Joe Burrow as well. It's a bummer and I feel for the Bills Mafia and unlike a lot of PIT "fans" I am extremely grateful for the rings and runs we had during Ben's time. Hoping the same will come to Allen because he is a truly likeable guy (UNLIKE Ben Roethlisberger).

Josh Allen reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger in a lot of ways... the leadership, the warrior, putting the team on his back, etc. Unfortunately, Josh Allen reminds me of Big Ben in one other way...

During Ben's time he was a very good QB, a HOF QB, but he was in the same conference as two near-perfect QBs in Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and despite all the heroics there was always one INT too many, or a sack/fumble, or bad read... that 1 or 2 moments that PIT simply could not afford against these superior QBs.

Josh Allen looks to be dealing with the same issues and having to annually face Patrick Mahomes and maybe Joe Burrow as well. It's a bummer and I feel for the Bills Mafia and unlike a lot of PIT "fans" I am extremely grateful for the rings and runs we had during Ben's time. Hoping the same will come to Allen because he is a truly likeable guy (UNLIKE Ben Roethlisberger).
I consider Allen far superior to Burrow. Nothing against Joe, but Allen is up there in that top tier with Mahomes, imo.

My favorite team thread title on this forum:

***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate them

:lmao:

Getting a legit WR1 needs to be a priority in the offseason.

Diggs fell off during the second half but he was fine in the first half. Injury, maybe? He is over thirty. Maybe he's slowing down. The age number isn't pretty.

I don't fault him too much for that drop. That's 62 yards downfield at full speed with blanket coverage. What probably hurt more yesterday was not having Gabe Davis to take the top off the defense. He'd normally be the one to drop that (and he would drop it, most likely).

How much cap space do you have to sign a WR1? They're not cheap and rarely become available. You generally draft and hope with those guys, unless you're a complete putz like Jon Robinson of the Titans, dealing A.J. for peanuts while Philly rejoices.

Anyway, tough game for you all yesterday. My condolences. Somebody was going to lose and it was going to be a tough loss to swallow for either side.

I don't fault him too much for that drop. That's 62 yards downfield at full speed with blanket coverage.
Respectfully, I cannot disagree with you more on this point. Diggs exhibits diva like behavior and wants to believe he is elite.

Allen dropped a perfect dime from 3 states away that basically went through his arms. If you’re elite (or even just a #1 on an NFL team), when the stage is the biggest, you make that catch, period.

IMO, if he makes that catch, or Swift doesn’t hose them on the garbage 3rd & 6 PI call, outcome of this game was different. Allen made the elite deep ball pass, Diggs had an inexcusable drop. Just my take.

The Falcons are so irrelevant that I’m not certain we have a team thread. And I don’t give a **** enough to find out.

Diggs fell off during the second half but he was fine in the first half. Injury, maybe? He is over thirty. Maybe he's slowing down. The age number isn't pretty.

I don't fault him too much for that drop. That's 62 yards downfield at full speed with blanket coverage. What probably hurt more yesterday was not having Gabe Davis to take the top off the defense. He'd normally be the one to drop that (and he would drop it, most likely).

How much cap space do you have to sign a WR1? They're not cheap and rarely become available. You generally draft and hope with those guys, unless you're a complete putz like Jon Robinson of the Titans, dealing A.J. for peanuts while Philly rejoices.

Anyway, tough game for you all yesterday. My condolences. Somebody was going to lose and it was going to be a tough loss to swallow for either side.
I'm hoping that he just has an undisclosed injury. The problem is that he was basically invisible during the second half of this season and he was a liability on the field last night. I've been in the guy's corner when it comes to the locker room stuff, but I can't excuse the lack of on-field production.

As a Dolphin fan who sees a glimmer of hope but still waiting for it to shine, I feel for you Bills fans. You have had some great teams that have nothing to show for how good they really are. I imagine if not for the Greise years Miami would likely feel the same as you guys.

While I hate the Bills as a Rival, the fans are top notch and deserve a championship. Hopefully my phins get there first, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I also think that Diggs is basically on his way out. Mike Evans to the Bills would be something, don't you think?

Was rooting for y'all.

Felt like in that 2nd half, BIlls were out coached. Establishing the run, and shoving the Chiefs around, should pay off with play-action, and even RPO. Didn't see that. The WRs the Bills put out there were not special, so I would have thought throwing to backs and TEs that were covered by backup LBs and S. Kincaid didn't get involved till late, Knox not at all (was he injured?).

Even when BUF had a legit #1 WR, Diggs from 2020 to the first half of 2023, BUF has come up just short in the playoffs. That's random bad luck to some degree. The GM has given priority to the offense, Cook in 2022, and in 2023 Kincaid plus a very good guard, Torrence who graded high last night by PFF. There are many big fast WRs available in round 1 of the draft, I think BUF may prioritize that.

Would BUF fans be OK with hiring Ben Johnson as head coach?

I don't fault him too much for that drop. That's 62 yards downfield at full speed with blanket coverage.
Respectfully, I cannot disagree with you more on this point. Diggs exhibits diva like behavior and wants to believe he is elite.

Allen dropped a perfect dime from 3 states away that basically went through his arms. If you’re elite (or even just a #1 on an NFL team), when the stage is the biggest, you make that catch, period.

IMO, if he makes that catch, or Swift doesn’t hose them on the garbage 3rd & 6 PI call, outcome of this game was different. Allen made the elite deep ball pass, Diggs had an inexcusable drop. Just my take.
A couple things:

-While I agree the PI was a bad call, the Bills stopped them and KC punted so it wasn’t a game changer.

-That was not an easy catch. 60 yards, good coverage and a swirling wind. He didn’t seem to track the ball well. Great throw and he should have caught it but top receivers drop easier passes all the time. People are dogging on Diggs way too much for that.

Bills got a break when Andy got cute and gave Hardman the ball instead of Pacheco. They needed a TD that last drive and Allen didn’t deliver. Had Diggs open for the first down and should have taken it and worked the clock. Even if he hits the TD to Shakir, Kc has 2 minutes left. I don’t like Mahomes because of the constant whining for calls but he is just a smarter QB when it comes to managing the game. He would have dumped it off for the first down and then used some clock. Really wanted the Bills to be smart and win this one but not to be.

I love going through this thread and seeing how many posters gave up on this season and said we were done.
And we know who you are so no use to editing your original posts. :)
I figured they were done, and I'm happy to have been wrong about that. Glad they turned it around.

That said, there is still no excuse for losing to to teams like Denver or New England. If we had simply taken care of business, we would likely have the division locked up after this week and we'd be talking about finally having HFA after all these years. And to be clear, nobody should celebrate if we back into a WC berth and lose in the divisional round again. This team is better than that. It's not 2017 anymore.
My take today is basically the same as this, and basically the same as it was after the Denver game. It's nice that we won the division and everything, but so what. The end result is that we wasted another year of prime Allen.

Everybody is going to focus on the defensive injuries, and I'll concede that that had a lot to do with the outcome of this one particular game. But the problem is that this team almost always comes up small in the playoffs, and I can't past the way we pissed away so many layup games earlier in the season. I know he's not going anywhere -- obviously -- but I've definitely come around to the view that McDermott is just going to waste Allen's career and we would be better off going back into the HC market to hire anew.

Cap hits for next year
Diggs $27.8
Miller $23.8
White $16.4
Knox $14.3

More than 1/3 of the cap delivering no playoff production, not sure I would count on any of these for playoff production next year either.

Cap hits for next year
Diggs $27.8
Miller $23.8
White $16.4
Knox $14.3

More than 1/3 of the cap delivering no playoff production, not sure I would count on any of these for playoff production next year either.

How easy is it to cut Miller? Seems a restructure on a few of these would help. As long as you have 17, you are live. Too many injuries caught up to you guys but no reason to feel too bad even though losing stinks.

Cap hits for next year
Diggs $27.8
Miller $23.8
White $16.4
Knox $14.3

In fairness, the situation with White is just extremely unlucky. And Knox's contract wouldn't look quite so bad if Kincaid wasn't developing into a stud, which is a wonderful problem to have.

I'm extremely sour on Diggs until the team confirms that he's injured, and what is there even to say about Miller at this point.

Cap hits for next year
Diggs $27.8
Miller $23.8
White $16.4
Knox $14.3

How easy is it to cut Miller? Seems a restructure on a few of these would help. As long as you have 17, you are live. Too many injuries caught up to you guys but no reason to feel too bad even though losing stinks.
It costs $4M more dead cap to move Diggs so Bills are stuck there. Seems like he will be a Bill in 2024.

Miller can be cut with June 1 designation and that saves $6M for 2024 but carries a 2025 hit of $15.4. They need him to be suspended by the league to get any relief. It was a big swing that missed badly.

White was definitely bad luck.

The Knox contract never made sense for a middle of the road TE, to me it was based on emotion and the fact they love the guy.

I've been thinking for a while now, that Josh Allen is John Elway before Mike Shanahan got to Denver. If Allen had a Shanahan like innovative play caller, I think he'd absolutely be in the Brady/Manning conversation.

If I were starting an NFL team (and all things were equal, HC, salaries etc.) Josh Allen would be my #1 overall pick.

I've been thinking for a while now, that Josh Allen is John Elway before Mike Shanahan got to Denver. If Allen had a Shanahan like innovative play caller, I think he'd absolutely be in the Brady/Manning conversation.
Great point.

I also feel like he's stuck with Marty Schottenheimer right now. Can get 'em to the playoffs but can't get them over the hump.

If I were starting an NFL team (and all things were equal, HC, salaries etc.) Josh Allen would be my #1 overall pick.

You mean a run-first offense where the aging QB becomes a game-manager? Yes, I can see that working for Allen.

I consider Allen far superior to Burrow. Nothing against Joe, but Allen is up there in that top tier with Mahomes, imo.

Maybe but, to date, Joe Burrow one SB appearance (that went THRU the Bills), and Josh Allen 0.

I love Josh Allen too, but other than the part about being a sexual predator, his play, his "situation" reminds me a lot of Big Ben's time in PIT.

-That was not an easy catch. 60 yards, good coverage and a swirling wind. He didn’t seem to track the ball well. Great throw and he should have caught it but top receivers drop easier passes all the time. People are dogging on Diggs way too much for that.
Agree - it was not the easiest catch in the world, and even top WRs drop passes sometimes. But typically he catches that 9 times out of 10, and if that were the only one he dropped among a myriad of tough catches, you could chalk it up to just one drop. It may have just been a lack of concentration, which may have been riddling him all night - and in recent weeks.

Agree - it was not the easiest catch in the world, and even top WRs drop passes sometimes. But typically he catches that 9 times out of 10, and if that were the only one he dropped among a myriad of tough catches, you could chalk it up to just one drop. It may have just been a lack of concentration, which may have been riddling him all night - and in recent weeks.
Last week Diggs was way out in front of the defense for an easy 60 yard plus TD and Allen airmailed it over his head. Works both ways. They just seem off and Allen has not thrown even intermediate passes consistently well lately. There’s a reason they haven’t had the 20 plus yard chunk passing plays.

Since Diggs isn’t going anywhere due to his contract, they need to get together, settle any issues and get back on the same page. As stated, don’t think Diggs has lost a step so it’s fixable.

I can't even go in that thread sometimes with how absurdly negative it is. Its like there were people who honestly thought the Bears were gonna be contenders this season, which I get rooting for your favorite team, but if you told me before the season the Bears weren't eliminated from the playoffs until week 17, I'd have been pretty happy about it, from a team that earned the #1 pick the year before. I kinda wonder of the Texans big turnaround gave unrealistic expectations league wide.

Back to Buffalo, I have found it odd, how much the media spent all week talking about how severely overmatched the Bills D was gonna be due to injuries, then the game happens, and the Bills D is severely overmatched due to injuries, and somehow its Josh Allen's fault.

I think 2 of my bigger NFL media (and fans) pet peeves, is the Ricky Bobby logic, of if you aren't 1st you're last, which is stupid. And the idea that its QB vs QB, as if we're watching tennis and not a game with 22 players on the field every play.

I can't even go in that thread sometimes with how absurdly negative it is. Its like there were people who honestly thought the Bears were gonna be contenders this season, which I get rooting for your favorite team, but if you told me before the season the Bears weren't eliminated from the playoffs until week 17, I'd have been pretty happy about it, from a team that earned the #1 pick the year before. I kinda wonder of the Texans big turnaround gave unrealistic expectations league wide.

Back to Buffalo, I have found it odd, how much the media spent all week talking about how severely overmatched the Bills D was gonna be due to injuries, then the game happens, and the Bills D is severely overmatched due to injuries, and somehow its Josh Allen's fault.

I think 2 of my bigger NFL media (and fans) pet peeves, is the Ricky Bobby logic, of if you aren't 1st you're last, which is stupid. And the idea that its QB vs QB, as if we're watching tennis and not a game with 22 players on the field every play.
I know his stats were meh, but from me watching the game, Josh Allen is the only reason the game was even close. He’s a top 3 QB in the NFL. Without him, they’re not a playoff team, imo.

Maybe next year

lol just kidding, poverty franchise
Run it back next year with the same lame duck *** head coach. Surely the results will be different next time!!
I agree with the poster about getting a true WR1. Like the tight ends, think Cook can play too… big fan of Gabe Davis. You put 2 more talented WRs out there and ditch Diggs, Allen’s offense becomes unstoppable. Idk how anyone can root against that guy, he is so fun to watch. Really sucks they lost!

Small mouth bass or large mouth bass?
Does anyone think mahomes wasn't driving them down the field for a GW FG even if Bass makes that FG?
He might have, but we'll never know.

I am sure everyone thought Brady would drive the Patriots down the field in that SB against the Eagles when trailing 38-33 with three minutes left, but he didn't. He failed to even get a first down (and turned the ball over right away). So, you just never know.

“The Buffalo Bills are interviewing interim offensive coordinator Joe Brady for the team's full-time OC role, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.”

You gotta think they give him the job, right?
I think he has the inside track. But because of Rooney Rule they have to do interviews. And I do think it's possible a dark horse could wow them in the interview process.

“The Buffalo Bills are interviewing interim offensive coordinator Joe Brady for the team's full-time OC role, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.”

I think he has the inside track. But because of Rooney Rule they have to do interviews. And I do think it's possible a dark horse could wow them in the interview process.
The Rooney rule applies to OCs? I thought HCs could basically choose any staff they wanted.

The Rooney rule applies to OCs? I thought HCs could basically choose any staff they wanted.
I know it applies to OCs and DCs - not sure if it also applies at lower levels. Once you've done the interviews you can hire anybody you want. It's just to ensure more opportunity to minority candidates.

I'm fine with Brady, but I want to see what else is out there. There should be a line of high-quality OCs lined up out the door for this team. If there isn't, that's a problem.

Oh, it turns out the best candidate for the job was on our staff the whole time. Just like the last guy. What a lucky coincidence.
Josh was on board with both moves. I'd have to get up to speed on schemes, but I could call plays with Josh Allen as QB. Didn't the Bills score about the same with Dorsey & Brady, with the win differential attributed mostly to fewer turnovers on offense and more on defense? Perhaps an outside hire of a position coach with new ideas would help. Miami went outside to find the so-called best d-coordinator and he proved that players matter more.

Oh, it turns out the best candidate for the job was on our staff the whole time. Just like the last guy. What a lucky coincidence.
Josh was on board with both moves. I'd have to get up to speed on schemes, but I could call plays with Josh Allen as QB. Didn't the Bills score about the same with Dorsey & Brady, with the win differential attributed mostly to fewer turnovers on offense and more on defense? Perhaps an outside hire of a position coach with new ideas would help. Miami went outside to find the so-called best d-coordinator and he proved that players matter more.
I get it, and I don't actually have an particular problem with Brady necessarily. I just wish we would bring in new blood, or at least seriously consider doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread