What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cowboys Thread. Tyler meet Tyler… also did you meet Tyler??? (2 Viewers)

Dak is the anti-Mahomes. Mahomes shows up in the biggest moments in the biggest games.

Just once, can Dak put the team on his back and produce? Show us, if so. Earn us.

Last edited:
Woodson on Zimmer

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”

Woodson on Zimmer

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”
If by doing so, he gets the best out of folks, GREAT. If not then it’s just going to get dysfunctional. Gonna be an interesting year as everything they do/say is going to be looked at (at least by me) through a VERY skeptical lens. Show me. Earn my/our fandom is the way I’m approaching ’24.

Woodson on Zimmer

If by doing so, he gets the best out of folks, GREAT. If not then it’s just going to get dysfunctional. Gonna be an interesting year as everything they do/say is going to be looked at (at least by me) through a VERY skeptical lens. Show me. Earn my/our fandom is the way I’m approaching ’24.
I think as a fan his attitude might be what the Dr ordered

Woodson on Zimmer

I think as a fan his attitude might be what the Dr ordered
Oh definitely, but I think we’ve earned results to go along with that, too….

Cliff notes from the Cowboys Locked on series of podcasts… Guy they had on today covered Zimmer in Minnesota….

Pros
-Says it’s a home run hire

-Chameleon at defenses- will switch schemes up for the best fit

-Diggs knows the lingo/schemes

-sets things up and saves blitzes or stunts for important downs = clutch defensive stops

- Zimmer’s teams have phenomenal success on 3rd downs.

Cons
-best version of his system is complicated and requires great communication so rookies are at an disadvantage.

-Would rather you make the tackle or deflection over going for the turnover.

-he’s abrasive

Cliff notes from the Cowboys Locked on series of podcasts… Guy they had on today covered Zimmer in Minnesota….

Pros
-Says it’s a home run hire

-Chameleon at defenses- will switch schemes up for the best fit

-Diggs knows the lingo/schemes

-sets things up and saves blitzes or stunts for important downs = clutch defensive stops

- Zimmer’s teams have phenomenal success on 3rd downs.

Cons
-best version of his system is complicated and requires great communication so rookies are at an disadvantage.

-Would rather you make the tackle or deflection over going for the turnover.

-he’s abrasive
To me this list looks like Pros- and then some more pros. Abrasive is a good thing, tired of the friendly system.

Cowboys making good hires. Zgogina DLine coach from Washington. They had the 3rd best ranked Def Line last year. Exactly where Dallas struggled the most.

Jump in here and ask a Q-
Do you want them to move on from Dak and his salary?
I hear it often on the radio and there's some good debate whether any good QB could do as well. The sentiment seems that any good QB could get them to and lose early in the playoffs BUT Boys fans believe Dak has made some spectacular plays that a random QB probably couldn't.
Curious what this group thinks

I hear it often on the radio and there's some good debate whether any good QB could do as well. The sentiment seems that any good QB could get them to and lose early in the playoffs BUT Boys fans believe Dak has made some spectacular plays that a random QB probably couldn't.

What's the Plan B if they move on from Dak? Trey Lance?

Whoever. Kirk Cousins? Whoever

Are you trying to upgrade the position or just get someone new?

Kirk Cousins is a 35 year old QB who had an achilles tear. There's some pretty good info in the 49ers thread about achilles injuries and the return to play prospects. NIH reviewed 172 players who had achilles surgery. 27 never returned to play, 7 that did retired after 1 year. Of the 5 QBs who had the surgery in the study, it took on average 326 days to return to the sport, the QBs were 30 years old and when they returned they played less and had shorter careers.

Honestly, when it comes to QB, if a QB hits the market he usually has some major warts. Better to stick with the devil you know, than go with the devil you don't know.

Are you trying to upgrade the position or just get someone new?

Kirk Cousins is a 35 year old QB who had an achilles tear. There's some pretty good info in the 49ers thread about achilles injuries and the return to play prospects. NIH reviewed 172 players who had achilles surgery. 27 never returned to play, 7 that did retired after 1 year. Of the 5 QBs who had the surgery in the study, it took on average 326 days to return to the sport, the QBs were 30 years old and when they returned they played less and had shorter careers.

Honestly, when it comes to QB, if a QB hits the market he usually has some major warts. Better to stick with the devil you know, than go with the devil you don't know.
The callers seem to want anyone new.

When they start w Romo couldn't win in the playoffs then Dak can't win...I can empathize with that.

I was just curious if that's a vibe here too.

Some people call up and want Dak but only for a couple years like they may be on that fence so don't give him 5-6 years

Plus someone smarter and more patient than I - post all the options with Dak.

I continue to hear/see differing reports of salary cap implications based on signing him or not. June 1rst cut, trade etc etc etc.

Whattya got?

I continue to hear/see differing reports of salary cap implications based on signing him or not. June 1rst cut, trade etc etc etc.

Whattya got?

That’s probably all you need to know
Keep doing what you always do, keep getting what you always get.

Whattya got?

That’s probably all you need to know
Keep doing what you always do, keep getting what you always get.
Pretty much

Maybe I'm lookin at this wrong, but I don't see that as a bad thing. The single most important thing in the NFL is the ability to clock-in and work. Smith hasn't played a full season in about 9-10 years. He's been great and a sure-fire HOF'er, but Father Time is undefeated.

Now, i do think then that it's possible that this motivates the FO to resign Biadasz. As deep as the draft is on O-Linemen, getting Tyron's replacement and not having to also replace Tyler's spot makes sense.

That's how I see it anyway.

Pollard.

Great guy, average back, never a true 1.
Not worth 8 million for us.

Best of luck Tony, no hard feeling. Wish you luck in Tennessee.

Sounds like Biadasz and Armstrong heading to Washington
We will gladly take them both. Suck it cowgirls ;)

I'm guessing you didn't watch that playoff collapse against Green Bay, were Aaron Jones made Armstrong look like a statue. ENJOY!
Hey I know it sucks to choke in the playoffs every year, but our fan base is just excited to get back to the playoffs for a change. Can you let us enjoy this? ;)

Sounds like Biadasz and Armstrong heading to Washington
We will gladly take them both. Suck it cowgirls ;)

I'm guessing you didn't watch that playoff collapse against Green Bay, were Aaron Jones made Armstrong look like a statue. ENJOY!
Hey I know it sucks to choke in the playoffs every year, but our fan base is just excited to get back to the playoffs for a change. Can you let us enjoy this? ;)

I don't know, man....I'd almost rather miss the playoffs completely than have a full season of hope and optimism come toppling down in early January year after year after year.

I think this year, if the Cowboys do make the playoffs, the WRs should wear the opposing team's colors so Dak can find them easier.

Users who are viewing this thread