What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 New York Football Giants (hello darkness my old friend) (1 Viewer)

Like the Burns trade/signing.
I actually don't mind that deal. It's not an immediate fix for what ails the Giants, but it will help to unlock Thib who should face fewer double teams, and addresses one of the most difficult need positions of every team. He was paid what the market would bear, and I can't hate on it.

I can see how Giants fans do hate it because of giving up draft capital, and spending money on something that doesn't fix the offense, but the more I think about it, the more I like the move to secure an elite DL.
Huh ?? I havent heard anyone say they hate this deal? In Fact whats not to love about ... they just signed one of the best young edge rushers in the game to a long term contract to pair with Dex and Kayvon ... what's the hateable part ???
That they have so many other needs, overpaid, blah blah.

What are the chances the Giants pass on a QB in the 1st?
Pretty good ... most people think that they will take a WR in the 1st
It would be pretty cool if they took Odunze in the first and Penix, His QB in WAS in the 2nd

There is a chance that they pass on a QB all together since they currently have 3 QBs Jones, Lock, and Devito
If they draft a QB they almost certainly have to carry 3 QBs all season long

Last edited:
All the people who don’t want them to take JJ at 6 are gonna be real pissed when they trade up to take him.
Trading up to take who many think is the 4th best QB in this draft doesn't seem like a smart move.

I’m not saying I agree with it, but there is a ton of smoke out there that they like JJ a lot and they know they need a QB. If you have the assets and a player you like at a position of need is there go get them. I know it is an extremely unpopular opinion…any time JJ is mentioned in a giants FB group or Reddit thread it’s like a bomb went off.

I'd be really shocked if 4 QBs are drafted in the top 5 picks.
Assuming 1 of Daniels or McCarthy falls to the Giants ... Do you take either of them or go WR ?

In my opinion, I like them both, but I dont think either Daniels or McCarthy are worth the #6 pick in the draft.

All the people who don’t want them to take JJ at 6 are gonna be real pissed when they trade up to take him.
Trading up to take who many think is the 4th best QB in this draft doesn't seem like a smart move.

Then he gets picked before the Giants have an opportunity to get him, he turns into the next Tom Brady and everyone is pissed they didn't trade up to get him.

It really comes down to, if you pass on a qb in round 1, what is your plan? You can’t just hope someone you like is there in round 2. There are a ton of teams who want a rookie qb, including the Vikings who are stock piling picks to make a move up to go get one of these guys. So you are basically saying you are ok with passing on a rookie QB this year and figuring it out next year.

Except at that point you won’t have Jones on the roster, and Lock is only signed for a year so he is probably gone to. So you are now drafting a QB and looking to sign one to mentor him. Which you already have in place right now.

And who knows if you like anyone next year. This is a historically deep QB class. Next year may be 2013 all over again…want to roll your luck with Geno Smith or Matt Barkley? Oh, and they may not have the draft capital to make a move to get someone next year. Or they may suck so bad with Jones and Lock that DaBoll is fired and not there to even make the pick.

All that said, if you are in position to take a guy you like go do it. Who cares if he is the first or fourth QB taken? The fourth this year may still be better than the 1st QB next year.

Last edited:
I’m not saying I agree with it, but there is a ton of smoke out there that they like JJ a lot and they know they need a QB. If you have the assets and a player you like at a position of need is there go get them. I know it is an extremely unpopular opinion…any time JJ is mentioned in a giants FB group or Reddit thread it’s like a bomb went off.
LOL that's probably because his scouting report reads a lot like a smaller Daniel Jones

I'm getting real concerned about the Schoen regime ... This offensive depth chart after 2 full seasons is not inspring at all!
This has to be the worst WR /RB / TE roster in the NFL (keep in mind Waller is talking retirement).
Im not sure that the Oline is any better than it was last season. I didnt realize that they lost Bredneson and signed a couple of terrible depth players
The Giants might actually be worse off at every offensive group QB, RB, WR , TE and Oline ... how could that be ??

They are worse off on defense as well after losing Mckinney, A’Shawn Robinson, and Adoree' Jackson

This team is a mess. What is going on here?

Giants’ 2024 Depth Chart — Offense​

PositionPlayerPlayerPlayerPlayer
WRJalin HyattGunner OlszewskiChase Cota
WRDarius SlaytonBryce Ford-WheatonDennis Houston
WRWan'Dale RobinsonIsaiah McKenzie
RTEvan NealJermaine EluemunorYodny Cajuste, Joshua Miles
RGJermaine EluemunorAaron StinnieJoshua Ezeudu, Marcus McKethanJalen Mayfield
CJohn Michael SchmitzAustin SchlottmanJimmy Morrissey
LGJon Runyan Jr.Aaron StinnieJoshua Ezeudu
LTAndrew ThomasJermaine EluemunorJoshua Miles
RBDevin SingletaryGary Brightwell, Eric GrayJashaun Corbin, Deon Jackson
TEDarren Waller, Daniel BellingerJack Stoll, Chris ManhertzLawrence CagerTyree Jackson
QBDaniel JonesDrew LockTommy DeVitoJacob Eason

Giants’ 2024 Depth Chart — Defense​

NTDexter LawrenceJordon RileyD.J. Davidson
DTRakeem Nunez-RochesD.J. DavidsonTimmy Horne, Ryder Anderson
EdgeKayvon Thibodeaux, Brian BurnsAzeez Ojulari, Boogie BashamBenton WhitleyTomon Fox, Jeremiah Martin
ILBBobby Okereke, Micah McFaddenCarter Coughlin, Darrian BeaversDyontae Johnson
LCBNick McCloudTre Hawkins IIIKaleb Hayes
RCBDeonte BanksTre Hawkins IIIStantley Thomas-Oliver
Slot CBCor'Dale FlottAaron Robinson
SSJason PinnockGervarrius Owens
FSDane BeltonJalen Mills

Last edited:
I'm getting real concerned about the Schoen regime ... This offensive depth chart after 2 full seasons is not inspring at all!
This has to be the worst WR /RB / TE roster in the NFL (keep in mind Waller is talking retirement).
Im not sure that the Oline is any better than it was last season. I didnt realize that they lost Bredneson and signed a couple of terrible depth players
The Giants might actually be worse off at every offensive group QB, RB, WR , TE and Oline ... how could that be ??

They are worse off on defense as well after losing Mckinney, A’Shawn Robinson, and Adoree' Jackson

TEDarren Waller, Daniel BellingerJack Stoll, Chris ManhertzLawrence CagerTyree Jackson

EdgeKayvon Thibodeaux, Brian BurnsAzeez Ojulari, Boogie BashamBenton WhitleyTomon Fox, Jeremiah Martin
FSDane BeltonJalen Mills

Top 5 pick, 2025 NFL draft.

FSDane BeltonJalen Mills

Top 5 pick, 2025 NFL draft.
I was thinking/hoping #1 when I posted this.
This is a really bad roster

As many have said, the playoff win last year set back the rebuild at least a year, probably 2. This year unfortunately is about roster turnover, adding young pieces and, hopefully, finding the next QB. Next offseason they have something like $90MM in cap space, without even taking into account any cap jumps. But yeah, that’s a lot of holes to fill, especially at the skill positions.

I’m going to guess, if you put all the realistic mocks in a fan poll, this is what the vast majority of giants fans want to see happen (WR 6 and trade back with Bmore to take Penix at 30):

I’m going to guess, if you put all the realistic mocks in a fan poll, this is what the vast majority of giants fans want to see happen (WR 6 and trade back with Bmore to take Penix at 30):

I wouldn’t vomit all over my TV if this were to happen.

I might prefer Odunze over Nabers since he is bigger and already has chemistry Penix

Tre'Davious White CB BUF set to visit the Giants later this week.
He has a couple other visits schedule before the Giants so he may never get there.

I’d love to draft Joe Alt at #6 and build out the team from a solid offensive and defensive lines over the next 2 years.
I wouldn't mind Alt at all; fix the line and get a QB that is talented enough to elevate the guys around him like Penix Jr back of the 1st round. The huge issue is protecting him... we already know he can make all the throws and is cerebral enough to run/control a pro-style O. The medicals were encouraging enough that you know his knees aren't held together by toothpicks and duct tape, but you wonder if the Giants FO is ... "smart enough" to know what to do here. The JJ McCarthy rumors are terrifying and akin to Peter Griffin choosing the Mystery Box.

I know this is lying season, but more smoke is coming out that one of Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye could drop to #4...

Giants 366 @Giants366
If the Giants have the opportunity to move up to 3 or 4 to select Drake Maye and they don’t, the outcome of next season should decide whether or not Schoen and Daboll are back.

At that point, it’ll be year 3 and they chose their QB. They need to make it work next season.
12:01 PM · Mar 24, 2024 · 551 Views
I mean... you add to that the complete breakdown of the relationship with Wink Martindale, overpaying Jones and some of the other issues Schoen has had to face you'd think both are on the hot seat. They have a chance to reset their timer and get a legitimate guy at QB, there's no way they can honestly thing Daniel Jones is better than both QBs. It just depends on which plan they're going with...

1) Trade up for one of the Top 3 guys.
2) Trade into the late 1st for Penix Jr.
3) Trade into the early 2nd/hold pat and draft Bo Nix.

Last edited:
I like McCarthy a lot more than you do, obviously, and wouldn't be against them taking him at 6. EIther way, regardless of which QB we like or don't like, we agree they need to move on from Jones after this year and this is the best draft, and draft position they can count on getting, and should take a QB early.

I don't think Penix is going to be available in the late 1st, so if they pass on a QB at 6 or don't trade to the top 3 or 4, then they're probably going to have to go after Nix. I haven't heard much about Pratt. Maybe they target him in the 2nd or 3rd.

I know this is lying season, but more smoke is coming out that one of Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye could drop to #4...

Giants 366 @Giants366
If the Giants have the opportunity to move up to 3 or 4 to select Drake Maye and they don’t, the outcome of next season should decide whether or not Schoen and Daboll are back.

At that point, it’ll be year 3 and they chose their QB. They need to make it work next season.
12:01 PM · Mar 24, 2024 · 551 Views
I mean... you add to that the complete breakdown of the relationship with Wink Martindale, overpaying Jones and some of the other issues Schoen has had to face you'd think both are on the hot seat. They have a chance to reset their timer and get a legitimate guy at QB, there's no way they can honestly thing Daniel Jones is better than both QBs. It just depends on which plan they're going with...

1) Trade up for one of the Top 3 guys.
2) Trade into the late 1st for Penix Jr.
3) Trade into the early 2nd/hold pat and draft Bo Nix.
Say No to Bo ... He couldnt hit uncovered receivers at combine. His deep ball was terrible ... Lock is a better prospect
I'd rather take Milton or Rattler in the 3rd and try to develope one of them

Am I the only that thinks WR is the Giants biggest need? Name the last playmaker at the position. Prime Victor Cruz? That was over a decade ago unless I am missing a player. I understand the contempt for Jones, but didn’t that big contract pot commit the team to Jones this year? I think they take a WR at 5. I think it would be a mistake to put a rookie QB in that situation.

Jermaine Eluemunor should be solid as a RT. Not sure he has the feet to play the left side.

Am I the only that thinks WR is the Giants biggest need? Name the last playmaker at the position. Prime Victor Cruz? That was over a decade ago unless I am missing a player. I understand the contempt for Jones, but didn’t that big contract pot commit the team to Jones this year? I think they take a WR at 5. I think it would be a mistake to put a rookie QB in that situation.

Jermaine Eluemunor should be solid as a RT. Not sure he has the feet to play the left side.
The Giants have a lot of needs. I wouldn’t say the WR is #1 on that list but it’s probably the position that they can fill with the best talent available at #6 without giving up assets (which they cannot afford to give away).

The last 1k WR the Giants had was Odell.

Since the Giants have Andrew Thomas at LT, no need to worry if Eluemunor has the feet for the left side.

I think they are going to give Neal another chance at RT and put Elurmunor at RG. I’m not sure how long of a leash Neal will get at RT.

I think most people agree WR is the Biggest need and this happens to be an incredible WR draft
Last big play maker was Odell

The Giants have a lot of needs. I wouldn’t say the WR is #1 on that list but it’s probably the position that they can fill with the best talent available at #6 without giving up assets (which they cannot afford to give away).

The last 1k WR the Giants had was Odell.

Since the Giants have Andrew Thomas at LT, no need to worry if Eluemunor has the feet for the left side.

I think they are going to give Neal another chance at RT and put Elurmunor at RG. I’m not sure how long of a leash Neal will get at RT.
I would like to see Neal at LG to see how he does on that side ... If it works out the Giants would have a monster Left side of the oline

I had hopes that Neal was going to figure it out, but at this point, I think that is all that it is: Hope. Move him inside. Right or left, I don't care. Right tackle doesn't seem like a fit.

It doesn't matter how good the WR is, if they can't keep the QB upright, it won't matter at all. They won't be able to get the ball to the WR. They had serviceable WR play. Until they fix the historically bad line, it just doesn't matter.

Ok fellow Giants fans, draft week is here. What are your predictions for the Giants will do in round 1?

I'll start; I think they will stay at 6 and draft Rome Odunze WR Washington (assuming that Maserati Marv is off the board)

Ok fellow Giants fans, draft week is here. What are your predictions for the Giants will do in round 1?

I'll start; I think they will stay at 6 and draft Rome Odunze WR Washington (assuming that Maserati Marv is off the board)
  • I think the Giants are going to try to trade up for Drake Maye ... and I'm fine with that. Some analysts think he has the highest ceiling of all of them. Hopefully Jones can build his stock while Maye sits.
  • I wouldnt mind of at all oif they drafted Odunze at 6 ... he's my favorite of the 3 WRs. Hard worker, Leader, blocks and good character,
  • Harrison has been so hyped that he basically has to be the best WR in the NFL to live up to his expectations ... I don't know much about his personality or work ethic.
  • Would love if the Giants traded back with the Vikings (11, 23) but that is unlikely ... In that scenario grab Bowers and Graham Barton. But it's much more likely Min trades up with the Chargers who are looking to move back. In this scenario possibly grab
  • Nabers is off my draft board ... I just heard on a pod cast that he had been arrested for an illegal gun while at LSU but was given special treatment and let off the hook. No way in the world i use a top 10 pick on a guy that is already suspect
  • JJ MCarthy in the top 6 would be an absolute disaster and set the Giants back another 5 years

I don’t like the trade up for a QB option for this team already bereft of talent.

You hear the organization talk about how they have failed Daniel Jones by not giving him weapons of protection so now you are going to repeat the process for next QB?

Did we just watch Carolina do this when they didn’t have any offensive talent but traded up to get Young?

If there is a QB you like is there at 6 ok, but to trade up seems like you are doing the same thing over again but expecting a different result.

Users who are viewing this thread