What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

21 unwritten rules of Air Travel (per Thrillist) (1 Viewer)

1. Download seasons of shows on your iPad on Netflix.  My flights over the pacific all seem to be bumpy - so for me something like the great British baking show is perfect for that flight.  Physically impossible to stay awake for an entire episode, and they keep rolling which is perfect for the half awake/ half asleep state.

2. Seat guru.com

3. As soon as you board, you're on Tokyo time.  12:35 pm Denver = 3:35 am in Tokyo.  Two choices: 1) stay awake the whole time - shouldn't be too hard given your body clock will be aligned and it's and 11.5 hr flight. Then you need to not sleep when you land until 9-10 pm, you should be fine the next day.  Or 2) I would eat lunch before boarding, then take something to sleep as soon as you climb.  If you're able to get 5-6 hrs of sleep on the front end and awake for the rest of the time, you'll be good to go.
1. I load up the Kindle, much better chance of sleep IMHO, And I don't get to fill my head with reality tv nonsense. But to each their own. Being able to sleep on flights is pretty important.

3. This is exactly what I do. And I'm religious about not sleeping after I land until after 9 pm local time. The sucky thing is that the plane crew will insist on meal service when they want it, not when you are hungry or when appropriate for the time zone you are entering. I also try to be tired the day of the flight.

You may be right since he is going West, assuming he gets good quality sleep:

Basic Rule of Thumb

Factor in one day of recovery for every time zone shifted. From the East Coast of the U.S. to Europe, a six-hour time difference, you can thus expect six days to recover fully, which might well be the entire length of your trip. As it is accepted that jet lag exhibits harsher symptoms during eastward travel due to lost sleep, this long recovery rate typically applies in the eastbound direction. For westbound flights, expect one day of recovery per one and a half time zones. This basic calculation might not hold true for every person in every situation, and applies to full circadian rhythm reset. Travelers typically are functional in their new time zone within one to two days with adequate rest.
So if I fly from San Fran to Raleigh I need 3 days to recover?  Hog wash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that's right. I would pay like a $100 more. Just sit there and pet a dog for 4 hours instead of getting sneezed on by some ahole human? 

Holy #### dogs are waaaaaaaay better than humans. The only thing I would prefer a human for on a plane would be to fly the damn thing
Mile high club down?

In my experience you are incorrect. 
 It depends on the person. We lived in Japan for almost 5 years and I would  return stateside a few times a year and it always took me at least a week plus to acclimate to the time difference. My husband on the other hand can fly around the world and have no problem acclimating to to the time difference.

So I have a new one add of this morning. 

PSA - the space between my thigh and yours is not a slot for soda bottle storage.   

I was pretty incredulous the lady next to me did this twice during our 20 minute flight together. 

Is covering your baby's mouth when it is screaming on the plane acceptable?   I know when the kid tried to hit her in the face and she smacked his hand the first time might be okay but the second time he went to hit and she missed his hand and popped him in the mouth probably isn't.

So I have a new one add of this morning. 

PSA - the space between my thigh and yours is not a slot for soda bottle storage.   

I was pretty incredulous the lady next to me did this twice during our 20 minute flight together. 
I need a diagram here.

I sleep pretty much the whole way through every flight and then take uppers the whole time I'm at wherever I'm going. Seems to work great and I'm sure it's good for me.
Rocked a work trip to Boston this week.

Denver coming up next week.

Users who are viewing this thread