What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8 yrs post 30k legal battle, WI Wallaby guy obtains proper permits to own Zebra... (2 Viewers)

'hooter311 said:
Pulled over a roadside zoo the other day
These pretty common in Wisconsin?
No, I can't recall any I've seen here. We went down to my cousin's intersquad game at Iowa State in Ames. Along I-35 on the way back, about 30 miles south of Mason City there was a large aluminum lean-to with the word "ZOO" printed across it. We were making good time so we pulled in to check it out.
:confused:

'hooter311 said:
No, I can't recall any I've seen here. We went down to my cousin's intersquad game at Iowa State in Ames. Along I-35 on the way back, about 30 miles south of Mason City there was a large aluminum lean-to with the word "ZOO" printed across it. We were making good time so we pulled in to check it out.
I was too, took awhile to find it on the back roads after the exit. Lean-To was a bad description, I used it because one side was completely open. Must have been an old hog building or something like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hog+barn&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&biw=1275&bih=465&tbm=isch&tbnid=PwJ-Rrkz8jcLQM:&imgrefurl=http://www.lesterbuildings.com/pole-barns/&docid=RR7hJn2g40E72M&imgurl=http://www.lesterbuildings.com/pictures/images/photos/117589_Harmelink%252520Hog%252520Facility%2525201.jpg&w=400&h=256&ei=LdiNT7-nIJP02wWxy4X-Cw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=762&vpy=172&dur=1367&hovh=180&hovw=281&tx=169&ty=199&sig=111537013052509618808&page=1&tbnh=123&tbnw=164&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:88

Then, on the roof, it had "ZOO" in large block letters. It was Sunday afternoon around 1pm so I decided if they were ever open, they probably were now. It was an odd place. They had camels and other stuff too, but it looked like maybe 10 people a year stopped there. Hopefully the business was going a little better than that.

Wallaby ownership always starts with the cutesy oohhs and ahhhss.. then it gets bigger and starts beating the #### out of you everyday.. will be like having a mini Godzilla bouncing around your house.. hide the fine china

:lmao: My bengal would kick your wallaby's ###.On a serious note, I thought they were pretty high strung. Several years ago some stray dogs got into the Henry Doorly Zoo and scarred a bunch of wallabys so bad they died from crashing into a fence.
I wonder if the whole bottle feeding thing makes all the difference. He freaked out one time pretty bad when I took him out of his pouch in the bathroom to assimilate when I got home. I mean like did to my bathroom what that big one in the video was doing to the guy's yard. Besides the one brief panic attack, he hasn't gotten too excited about anything else. He is pretty bold investigating the dog.

:lmao: My bengal would kick your wallaby's ###.On a serious note, I thought they were pretty high strung. Several years ago some stray dogs got into the Henry Doorly Zoo and scarred a bunch of wallabys so bad they died from crashing into a fence.
I wonder if the whole bottle feeding thing makes all the difference. He freaked out one time pretty bad when I took him out of his pouch in the bathroom to assimilate when I got home. I mean like did to my bathroom what that big one in the video was doing to the guy's yard. Besides the one brief panic attack, he hasn't gotten too excited about anything else. He is pretty bold investigating the dog.
I would think getting him fixed might be a good idea. How much to fly in an Aussie vet to do the wallaby neutering?
My parents raise rodeo bulls and have a pretty sizable facility. I called their vet and he send he would do some research, but the job shouldn't be anything he couldn't handle.

I'm in!

I can't wait til you get drunk one night and think 'yeah I can take him'. Please set up the camera beforehand with the time code on.

There is no way this thread cannot be fun! how long until he starts putting some size on him? You should get a Boxer Puppy right away so they can learn how to play together......

Last edited by a moderator:
'Addai said:
http://www.needcoffee.com/2010/07/03/your-new-pet-wallaby/"]http://www.needcoffee.com/2010/07/03/your-new-pet-wallaby/"]http://www.needcoffee.com/2010/07/03/your-new-pet-wallaby/[/url

There's also some behavior unique to wallabies and kangaroos. They like to play-box. Like Muhammad Ali boxing. You'll want to teach them not to do that as well. It's cute when they're little, but not when your fifty-pound adult wallaby wants your welterweight title while you're trying to watch Big Bang Theory. Also, they like water. They'll hop around in kiddie pools and things. If you happen to be taking a bath with the bathroom door not shut all the way, don't be surprised when you're quite suddenly joined by a hairy Australian...and I don't mean Russell Crowe. Unless of course you named your wallaby Russell Crowe...in which case, I don't want to know about it.
:lmao: :lmao:

Awesome

Take a pic with him holding a penny.

When it's bigger, will it be able to hold a beer in it's little rodent hands? If so, start training him to bring them to you.

There are endless things you have to look forward to.........driving around with, please tell me you have a convertible, picking your kid up at school, drunk fighting it, watching it whap people, awesome!!

A fellow Wisconsin guy here and would like to come to your zoo. What exactly are the hours of operation? Footballguy discount?

Awesome

When it's bigger, will it be able to hold a beer in it's little rodent hands? If so, start training him to bring them to you.

There are endless things you have to look forward to.........driving around with, please tell me you have a convertible, picking your kid up at school, drunk fighting it, watching it whap people, awesome!!
the mental image of someone stopping at a red light and looking over to the car next to them and seeing a 50 pound wallaby sitting shotgun staring back at them :lmao: :lmao:

OP had me confused with how a wallaby can sleep in its own pouch until it made sense when I saw the pic...You need to have 12 round fights with this thing and youtube them once its full size :boxing:

'hooter311 said:
I was too, took awhile to find it on the back roads after the exit. Lean-To was a bad description, I used it because one side was completely open. Must have been an old hog building or something like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hog+barn&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&biw=1275&bih=465&tbm=isch&tbnid=PwJ-Rrkz8jcLQM:&imgrefurl=http://www.lesterbuildings.com/pole-barns/&docid=RR7hJn2g40E72M&imgurl=http://www.lesterbuildings.com/pictures/images/photos/117589_Harmelink%252520Hog%252520Facility%2525201.jpg&w=400&h=256&ei=LdiNT7-nIJP02wWxy4X-Cw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=762&vpy=172&dur=1367&hovh=180&hovw=281&tx=169&ty=199&sig=111537013052509618808&page=1&tbnh=123&tbnw=164&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:88

Then, on the roof, it had "ZOO" in large block letters. It was Sunday afternoon around 1pm so I decided if they were ever open, they probably were now. It was an odd place. They had camels and other stuff too, but it looked like maybe 10 people a year stopped there. Hopefully the business was going a little better than that.
Any alligator boys there?

What exactly do wallaby's eat?
I have a 20lb sack of formula I got with it, that was supposed to be "Kangaroo" formula. I'm looking into getting more of it, but I might have to have it sent airmail from Australia, which is going to cost a penny or two I'm sure.Luckily about 20 miles from here there is a place that produces zoo food. I got ahold of them yesterday and they have barley type pellets that zoos buy from them that should work. Right now everything is out of a bottle.
On the first page somewhere it said they can drink dog milk formula (I think?)... it was called ebilac or something like similac.

I, for one, welcome our new Wallaby overlords.

But seriously, wtf??!? :lmao:

This is going to be absolutely epic.

ETA--The only thing better than this thread is the eventual thread entitled "My Wallaby escaped. What's the play here?"

Awesome

the mental image of someone stopping at a red light and looking over to the car next to them and seeing a 50 pound wallaby sitting shotgun staring back at them :lmao: :lmao:
right turn Wally

Users who are viewing this thread