What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (1 Viewer)

DJ and producer Philippe Zdar from Cassius fell out of a window in Paris and died.

Cassius had their share of bangers but he's probably best known as a producer.  He worked on albums by Phoenix, The Rapture, Cut Copy, Franz Ferdinand and Kanye West.  A new Cassius record drops (pun intended) tomorrow as well as the new Hot Chip album which he produced.

One of the obits I read captured his style perfectly by saying he combined heavy bass with a light touch.
RIP. Bummer.

I read somewhere where her and the Dog just became Great-Grandparents.  Impressive at 51.  Less impressive if its one of his kids and just her step kid....I think he is 60.
It's crazy but not as crazy as it could have been. The grandfather is Dog's son Leland (42 years old, born when Dog was 24 and married to his first wife), whose son Dakota (23) is the father of the great-grandchild.

But Leland is actually Dog's third child, the first of which was born when Dog was 16 (1969).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee Iacocca

I’m in my early 40s and have heard his name before.  Basically know that he was an outspoken auto exec. and  that’s about it.  Before my time. 

Iacocca had his hand in the development of two key aspects of American automobile culture, both of which are still going strong to this day: the "pony car" (e.g., the Ford Mustang) and the "minivan" (e.g., the Dodge Caravan).

On the other hand, he also spearheaded the Ford Pinto. And his philosophy from the 1980s -- cheap cars that would need to be replaced in 4 years -- may have resulted in short-term profits, but it did serious long-term damage to not just Chrysler, but to the American automobile industry in general. He completely underestimated Japan's ability to make competitive vehicles (and he overestimated the American public's loyalty to his crappy cars).

I don’t understand why/how he was famous.

i guess back then auto execs were a bigger deal than they are now.  

Iacocca had his hand in the development of two key aspects of American automobile culture, both of which are still going strong to this day: the "pony car" (e.g., the Ford Mustang) and the "minivan" (e.g., the Dodge Caravan).

On the other hand, he also spearheaded the Ford Pinto. And his philosophy from the 1980s -- cheap cars that would need to be replaced in 4 years -- may have resulted in short-term profits, but it did serious long-term damage to not just Chrysler, but to the American automobile industry in general. He completely underestimated Japan's ability to make competitive vehicles (and he overestimated the American public's loyalty to his crappy cars).
My aunt had a Pinto hatchback. I remember climbing into the back with my sister and cousin as the adults crammed into the seats. If it was full, she had to turn off the A/C if she was climbing a hill.  :lmao:

Yeah, Iacocca was one of the first celebrity-CEOs.
Seemed like everybody read his autobiography.

I could be wrong, but I thought he pursued a presidential run as well. Felt like he must have worked on his PR as much as his business- he was omnipresent... a precursor to the celebrities famous for just getting themselves in front of the public (Hilton sisters, Kardashians etc). 

My aunt had a Pinto hatchback. I remember climbing into the back with my sister and cousin as the adults crammed into the seats. If it was full, she had to turn off the A/C if she was climbing a hill.  :lmao:
My first car I got to drive was the Mercury Bobcat station wagon (mercury version of the pinto.....:high class:).  Baby Blue, bucket seats front and back, 4 speed.  also remember just riding around in the way back with no seat belts.

My next car was a little mustang II, we actually took the rims off the bobcat and put them on the mustang II.

dino259 said:
Mercury Bobcat station wagon (mercury version of the pinto.....:high class:).  Baby Blue, bucket seats front and back, 4 speed.
Add the wood grain panel stickers on the sides and that's the second car I owned.

Users who are viewing this thread