What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (19 Viewers)

Can't believe I'm the first one to mention the passing of TV's Dobie Gillis.

Enjoy the malt shop in the sky with your good buddy Maynard G. Krebs, Dobe.
First Roddy McDowell, now Dwayne Hickman. The Curse of the Boy With the Green Hair, as my uncle predicted. My uncle took me to see The Boy with the Green Hair at the movies when i was little. Bought me candy and everything. On the way out, my uncle grabbed me by the face. "Someday, the people in that movie will all be dead.", he said point-blank to me. That's when i smelled the alcohol. But he was right.... RIP - -

My parents saw him quite a few years ago in Vegas and were shocked.  They weren't upset or anything, just surprised.  They thought they were going to see the Full House/AFV guy.  :lmao:  
Don Rickles had a similar experience. He met Saget backstage right before Saget was to go on and do a set.

Rickles thought Saget looked like a "Jewish Clark Kent", and didn't expect much from him.

Apparently, Saget did a bit on inter-species dating, specifically a dog and a monkey involved in a romance, and went into a detailed explanation of how that would transpire.

Rickles was speechless for one of the few times in his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
wikkidpissah said:
First Roddy McDowell, now Dwayne Hickman. The Curse of the Boy With the Green Hair, as my uncle predicted. My uncle took me to see The Boy with the Green Hair at the movies when i was little. Bought me candy and everything. On the way out, my uncle grabbed me by the face. "Someday, the people in that movie will all be dead.", he said point-blank to me. That's when i smelled the alcohol. But he was right.... RIP - -
Your uncle didn't seem to be the type to spoil you huh?

As a kid I had an uncle on a farm that gave me an Ike silver dollar every time we visited.  But he also slipped squirrel meat into his spaghetti sauce and told us it was Italian sausage.

As a kid I had an uncle on a farm that gave me an Ike silver dollar every time we visited.  But he also slipped squirrel meat into his spaghetti sauce and told us it was Italian sausage.

Uncle Dom (me Ma's foster brother) was OK. Li'l Sicilian bastage was my size when I was 5. Exercise rider @ Suffolk Downs who got to ride f'real on the summer fair circuit. took me for at least a wk out to the Great Barrington Fair every yr as soon as me Ma allowed. Slept in the shedrow cuz he got xtra if someone would watch for hobblers.

and Mama Puleo woulda allowed squirrel in the gravy she started Thursday for Sunday dinner no sweat. even Flintstone meat woulda got ragooed in that burgoo and come out yusta righta!

Not gonna lie, I’d be ok with squirrel meat. 🤷‍♂️

A guy I work(ed) with died Sunday night in his sleep, 44 years old. He recently had Covid and was back less than a week when he died, but seemed ok. We all wonder if that had anything to do with it. I just thought of something else - he drank energy drinks often and maybe that had something to do with it, along with the Covid he had. I read both have an effect on the heart. He had been on the overtime list since he started in mid 2020 and always worked 50+ hours a week. Married 2 kids - teen and pre teen. Sad. 

USPS employees.

*He wanted to become Mayor of our city and was a candidate last year.

A guy I work(ed) with died Sunday night in his sleep, 44 years old. He recently had Covid and was back less than a week when he died, but seemed ok. We all wonder if that had anything to do with it. I just thought of something else - he drank energy drinks often and maybe that had something to do with it, along with the Covid he had. I read both have an effect on the heart. He had been on the overtime list since he started in mid 2020 and always worked 50+ hours a week. Married 2 kids - teen and pre teen. Sad. 

USPS employees.

Sorry to hear this, quite sad. Way too young.

Terry Teachout, Wall Street Journal Drama Critic and contributor to New Criterion, at 65. Teachout was one of the last educated conservative voices in the arts. He seemed, in Jesse Walker's words, "like a real mensch." I always got that impression also. 

https://t.co/ETrypkoecs

The Man With No Name said:

USPS employees.

Coroner ruled it a Covid death, his wife told a supervisor. He was not vaccinated.

See the note at the bottom. Was this a suicide? Or a cause they supported?
I am unclear why that note is there. Its not quoted from anyone, so presumably it's MSN's wording. Perhaps people considering suicide are known to seek out articles of celebrity deaths or something? I don't know.

French film director Jean-Jacques Beineix died at age 75. 

His first feature Diva was an arthouse sensation in the early 80s and Betty Blue was an international hit six years later.  His career tailed off after that but his ultra slick and dreamlike visual style influenced the look of movies, music videos and TV commercials.

Just read Bob Saget’s wife’s statement. See the note at the bottom. Was this a suicide? Or a cause they supported?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/bob-sagets-wife-kelly-rizzo-breaks-silence-on-his-death/ar-AASDCyR?li=BBnb7Kz
Probably just a template that the website forgot was active. Either that or maybe they thought news of his death would severely depress someone reading about it. His death was not a suicide. As far as his wife going to share more at a later time I imagine that will be about the positive impact he had on other that maybe the public wasn't aware of.

Mean Gene Okerlund passed today at age 76.

EDIT: Apparently I got fooled by a great spoof— this happened in 2019 :bag:  

French film director Jean-Jacques Beineix died at age 75. 

His first feature Diva was an arthouse sensation in the early 80s and Betty Blue was an international hit six years later.  His career tailed off after that but his ultra slick and dreamlike visual style influenced the look of movies, music videos and TV commercials.
That's one my favorite and most formative movies in my life. Saw it in the theater as a kid....huge impact on me, particularly the art direction and styling, which I realized only recently is something I've carried with me into my professional life as an architect; Gorodishs loft and the general industrial vibe. I feel like I should revisit Betty Blue...didn't affect me in a good way after seeing it- but that was likely the intent.

Rip.

That's one my favorite and most formative movies in my life. Saw it in the theater as a kid....huge impact on me, particularly the art direction and styling, which I realized only recently is something I've carried with me into my professional life as an architect; Gorodishs loft and the general industrial vibe. I feel like I should revisit Betty Blue...didn't affect me in a good way after seeing it- but that was likely the intent.

Rip.

The chase scene through the Metro isn't as great as I remembered

Saw these at local retailers last week. No doubt they were printed and sent to retailers (just) before White's death, but was still a little jarring to see. 
Parade Magazine insert in the Sunday paper yesterday had similar cover story — line in there that little did her parents realize that she “would live to see her 100th birthday.”

Those apparently get printed weeks in advance.

Yvette Mimieux passed away yesterday from natural causes. She had just turned 80. 
She played opposite Rod Taylor in the 1960 version of The Time Machine. She played Dean Martin’s child bride in Toys in the Attic. 
FUN FACT: She became the first woman to show her navel on American TV when she played a surfer with leprosy on an episode of Dr. Kildare. 

Yvette Mimieux passed away yesterday from natural causes. She had just turned 80. 
She played opposite Rod Taylor in the 1960 version of The Time Machine. She played Dean Martin’s child bride in Toys in the Attic. 
FUN FACT: She became the first woman to show her navel on American TV when she played a surfer with leprosy on an episode of Dr. Kildare. 
Also had an underappreciated performance in Where the Boys Are.

One of my first crushes!  :cry:

Ironically I just watched The Time Machine on Sunday.

smokeshow

Users who are viewing this thread