What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

There's a pretty famous story about Jerry Lee and Chuck on tour together in the 50s. Both insisted that they be the closer on a show. Berry won out, so Lewis went on stage pissed off and tore it up. At the end of his set, he poured lighter fluid on his piano and torched it. He stalked off stage and said "I'd like to see ANY son of a ***** follow that".

Reminds me of this Dave Chappelle story

Aww man. No more Sledge-O-Matic. RIP Gallagher.
Sad. I forget stuff all the time but I remember first hearing about him 40+ years ago on Facts of Life. :lmao: Of course as a spazoid kid,I loved his shtick.

I was thinking too, if this were a Twighligt Zone episode, Gallagher gets to heaven and God is a watermelon. :bag:

Mimi Parker, of the band Low. 55, cancer. :(

Oh no. RIP. I have Secret Name by them and have listened to others. They were only getting better, apparently.
Things We Lost In The Fire and The Great Destroyer are my favorites.

This one hits me hard.

RIP

Merhan Karimi Nasseri, whose story of spending 18 years in France's Charles de Gaulle Airport inspired the 2004 film "The Terminal," has died at the age of 76.

He left the airport in 2006 and had been living in various care facilities for the past 15 years, but apparently returned to the airport a few weeks ago and died there today.

There's a pretty famous story about Jerry Lee and Chuck on tour together in the 50s. Both insisted that they be the closer on a show. Berry won out, so Lewis went on stage pissed off and tore it up. At the end of his set, he poured lighter fluid on his piano and torched it. He stalked off stage and said "I'd like to see ANY son of a ***** follow that".

Reminds me of this Dave Chappelle story

whoa - great Chappelle story

James Young of Styx's wife passed away on Thursday. They had been married for 50 years. Young is the one original member of Styx who is still in the band as a full-time member (bassist Chuck Panozzo makes a few cameo appearances a few times years at live shows, but health issues have taken their toll on him).

brent moss from the wisconsin badgers and then dolphins and rams passed away at just 50 years old rip mossman loved watching you play for the badgers take that to the bank brohans
He and Fletcher got the whole thing going as far as always have good college RBs going through UW.

Nazareth was so awesome live. Saw them at THE ODEON in Cleveland xx years ago. Broke out the bagpipes during Hair Of The Dog which was great to see and here.
Just saw that it's open again after closing in 2006. :-)

Seeing reports that Jason David Frank, the Green Ranger from the OG Power Rangers, has died at 49.
Jason David Frank was making his living on the comic convention circuit — he might have been doing more shows than just about anyone. A real shame that he’s gone.

Nicki Aycox, actress known for her recurring role on Supernatural as the demon Meg Masters, has died at 47 after battling leukemia

Nicki Aycox, actress known for her recurring role on Supernatural as the demon Meg Masters, has died at 47 after battling leukemia

I don’t know that show but recognize her. So sad. When I see things like this happen to mostly successful people that likely have the means for quality treatment it scares me and reminds me it could come for any of us.

Singer/actress Irene Cara, 63

Obviously known for the themes of Fame and Flashdance, but thought she really knocked the cover off the ball with Out Here On My Own. https://youtu.be/i4mkRwkQRoQ

RIP to a beautiful and talented lady - way too young.

Last edited:
RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. Musical Goddess.

Oh man, I love her voice and have been jamming to a lot of her stuff recently, Sad news, I'll be listening to some more tonight.
Around 2:30 today my daughter and I jumped in the car to run errands. After making her listen to a couple of tunes from Astral Weeks, I threw on my Christine Perfect playlist and schooled her on the most important member of Fleetwood Mac. Just heard the news. Kinda crushed. I really love that voice.

Users who are viewing this thread