What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A thread about race, racial relations, racism, institutional racism, and what should we do about it? (1 Viewer)

yea it was this week. 
@PinkydaPimp - I listened to it this morning, thanks for the recommend.  Your comment about "uncomfortable" was spot on.  That that long pause before the union rep asks "you really want to ask the question that way" (or something like that).   

The woman on the show I suggested is Jennifer Eberhardt.  She has a book titled Biased that I got yesterday and started reading too.  Good stuff so far.  

@PinkydaPimp - I listened to it this morning, thanks for the recommend.  Your comment about "uncomfortable" was spot on.  That that long pause before the union rep asks "you really want to ask the question that way" (or something like that).   

The woman on the show I suggested is Jennifer Eberhardt.  She has a book titled Biased that I got yesterday and started reading too.  Good stuff so far.  
Yes that pause was amazing.  I was like ohhhhh boy i cant wait to hear this response!  Glad you reminded me about this.  Going to listen today or tomorrow!

Side note, i found this which is an interesting video on housing bias.  https://www.nar.realtor/videos/bias-override-overcoming-barriers-to-fair-housing

A friend has asked me my thoughts about this and stumbled upon this video which sums it all up pretty well.

Yes that pause was amazing.  I was like ohhhhh boy i cant wait to hear this response!  Glad you reminded me about this.  Going to listen today or tomorrow!

Side note, i found this which is an interesting video on housing bias.  https://www.nar.realtor/videos/bias-override-overcoming-barriers-to-fair-housing

A friend has asked me my thoughts about this and stumbled upon this video which sums it all up pretty well.
I will check that out too, thanks.  The other book I got was The Color of Law, which is about similar info I believe.  

Trying to get back into reading more non-fiction.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/us/politics/black-farmers-debt-relief.html?

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration’s efforts to provide $4 billion in debt relief to minority farmers is encountering stiff resistance from banks, which are complaining that the government initiative to pay off the loans of borrowers who have faced decades of financial discrimination will cut into their profits and hurt investors.

The debt relief was approved as part of the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that Congress passed in March and was intended to make amends for the discrimination that Black and other nonwhite farmers have faced from lenders and the United States Department of Agriculture over the years. But no money has yet gone out the door.

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration’s efforts to provide $4 billion in debt relief to minority farmers is encountering stiff resistance from banks, which are complaining that the government initiative to pay off the loans of borrowers who have faced decades of financial discrimination will cut into their profits and hurt investors.

The debt relief was approved as part of the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that Congress passed in March and was intended to make amends for the discrimination that Black and other nonwhite farmers have faced from lenders and the United States Department of Agriculture over the years. But no money has yet gone out the door.
Love it.  And funny the banks don't want to be paid back.  they want them to stay in debt so they can profit more. 

20 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Expand  
Love it.  And funny the banks don't want to be paid back.  they want them to stay in debt so they can profit more. 
One might go as far as to say this is systemic

So the bill contained reparations for blacks under the guise of COVID stimulus.  Thanks for pointing that out.   

So the bill contained reparations for blacks under the guise of COVID stimulus.  Thanks for pointing that out.   
Okay, cool.  So with the 4 billion we can now call things "even", right?  That on top of everything since the 60's else should now make things square.

No more BS.  The playing field has been leveled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who could be offended if I told any black person that if they were to feel justified in assuming my racism based on my skin color, I am free to assume their criminal intent based on theirs?

I guess it all comes back to judging someone by the content of their character.... which isn't done these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it is not.  Actually having been harmed by some discriminatory action is not part of the equation.  The equation is if you are black, here is a pile of money.  If you are white, here is nothing.   It is 100 percent racist.  But what do we expect when Democrats are in control.  
So when there is a flow of money to white people that’s ok. When it’s the other direction it’s racist?  Got it.  

But it is not.  Actually having been harmed by some discriminatory action is not part of the equation.  The equation is if you are black, here is a pile of money.  If you are white, here is nothing.   It is 100 percent racist.  But what do we expect when Democrats are in control.  
According to the article discriminatory action has been part of the equation for decades 

Where will this all go if there is more of THIS??
I grew up with the Hodgetwins. They could both dunk backwards in 8th grade. Other teams would be scared to death of us watching the two of them in our layup lines. Of course they never got off of the bench during games, because they were so dumb that they couldn’t learn the offensive plays or our defenses.

It’s been mind boggling to see millions of people take political queues from two of the most ignorant clowns I’ve ever met.
Fixing to go see them in about 1 hrs. Haven't been to Orlando in forever hopefully I won't get lost.

Dumb or not they make me laugh. Must be doing something right they had to add a 2nd show at The Improv.

I grew up with the Hodgetwins. They could both dunk backwards in 8th grade. Other teams would be scared to death of us watching the two of them in our layup lines. Of course they never got off of the bench during games, because they were so dumb that they couldn’t learn the offensive plays or our defenses.

It’s been mind boggling to see millions of people take political queues from two of the most ignorant clowns I’ve ever met.
Fixing to go see them in about 1 hrs. Haven't been to Orlando in forever hopefully I won't get lost.

Dumb or not they make me laugh. Must be doing something right they had to add a 2nd show at The Improv.
They’ve found a niche with a huge demand. Unsurprisingly, they can’t show their faces in our hometown anymore. Absolute sellouts. 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

They’ve found a niche with a huge demand. Unsurprisingly, they can’t show their faces in our hometown anymore. Absolute sellouts. 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽
Don't know much about them other than they make me laugh. To bad they are viewed as sell outs. Sorry to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread