What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What should we do about illegal immigration? (1 Viewer)

My first instinct is that at the very least it should be either/or - we extend the age for guns to 21, and then we at least have a few years of info for background checks.   If not that, we should be able to use info from before 18 to help make better decisions on the background checks.    

Who said ignore it?  We aren’t currently ignoring or we wouldn’t have the list of seizures Stealthy posted.  Is anyone advocating  we ignore drugs coming in?
I don't know.  he didn't answer the question.   So I was wondering why that was even brought up. 

For the "who"....I'd say "anyone wanting to buy a gun in this country".  I don't know what's in a background check today.  To keep the hypo simple let's say that this uses the existing background checks that they have today and the only question left is "how far back does one go into a person's past while researching their background?"
I think this question ends up at SCOTUS. But I see current conflicts between legal age, drinking age, marijuana use age, driving age, eligible age to enter military, etc. Have to agree I 'm not a fan of minor being able to purchase any gun.

No problem.  :gang2:

I also think that what we are currently screening for either inadequate, or there is still no stomach or process for taking guns from those who shouldn't have them (ie domestic abusers, etc).   Alos 0 excuse to have a gun purchase without a UBC ever, IMO.    So from where I sit we need to:

1.  100% have a uniform federal requirement for all gun purchases.  

2.  Add in things (if not there) that are being shown to be part of the MO of shooters - domestic abuse charges,  leakage of plans of an attack, etc..  

3.  Either up the age to 21 or include pre-18 info so any info that we have seen in these kids would be included - threats, animal abuse, violent behavior, etc. 

I think this question ends up at SCOTUS. But I see current conflicts between legal age, drinking age, marijuana use age, driving age, eligible age to enter military, etc. Have to agree I 'm not a fan of minor being able to purchase any gun.
If you were pulling all the levers and pushing all the buttons, would you go go through their entire background or just their background as an "adult"?

I’m sure a lot do come in that way.

It’s not exactly secure.
Has it ever been secure?  Is it even realistic to have a 100% secure border?

I’m by no means an expert on the border but it seems to me that nothing really changes regarding border security from one administration to another, but the rhetoric grows louder when Dems are in charge. 

I’m by no means an expert on the border but it seems to me that nothing really changes regarding border security from one administration to another, but the rhetoric grows louder when Dems are in charge. 
Exactly....both "sides" have been whiffing since the last amnesty event under Reagan.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know.  What is yours and what do you base it on…since you claim the border is wide open!

the amount of drugs is staggering

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/drug-seizure-statistics?language_content_entity=en

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics, 90 percent of heroin seized along the border, 88 percent of cocaine, 87 percent of methamphetamine, and 80 percent of fentanyl in the first 11 months of the 2018 fiscal year was caught trying to be smuggled in at legal crossing points.Jan 16, 2019

imagine how many do not get caught

This is just Texas

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/initiatives/border-security

4,732 lbs

Pounds of drugs seized by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol on average per day

$342,000

Illicit currency seized by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol on average per day

$9 million

Worth of products with Intellectual Property Rights seized by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol on average per day

I'd say 90% gets through, 10% gets caught. My buddy lives not far from Uvalde, his ranch is overrun daily by illegals, literally EVERY DAY they're walking through his land 

So you again post how much gets seized as proof the border is wide open?

Then make a guess with nothing really to base it on.

About as I expected.

About as I expected.
Yep.  Big difference if it's 8k lbs of drugs that started as 8,500k.  vs  started at 100,000 lbs.  

That said, drug lords are in the business of making money, and doubt they would keep sending it if it wasn't profitable and a good amount got through.  

Sorry guys - now I remember what the main point of some of the back and forth before was, and I think THIS link was one that we used:

KERLIKOWSKE: So the drugs that are actually taking the lives of people here in the United States - methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, fentanyl - almost universally come through the ports of entry along the southern border - so that is people that carry them on their bodies or even in their bodies or cars or vehicles. And then the second way is through the international postal mail service.

MARTIN: And when you say most, what do you mean? Like, 50 percent, 60 percent, 90 percent?

KERLIKOWSKE: Oh, well over 90 percent. People don't backpack or try to sneak those drugs across the border between the ports of entry because, one, they could be caught by the Border Patrol. Number two, they don't really trust those people to do that. So it's much better for them to have somebody that is taking the drugs through a port of entry where they're met on the other side of the port here in the United States, and those drugs are immediately taken.

I get that this doesn't help our back and forth about what % is coming from the border or what % gets through, but it reinforces the idea that building walls and "sealing the border" won't do a ton to the drug trade when most is coming through our legal ports of entry.  

Dickies said:

So we do nothing?  Why is the rhetoric louder now?  We are sold that there isn’t a problem.  

So we do nothing?  Why is the rhetoric louder now?  We are sold that there isn’t a problem.  
Damn, you and mike with this? 

As far as why the rhetoric is louder now - there are lots of reasons, not the very least I believe there has been steady bubbling up of anti-immigration sentiment over the last decade or so.   Or at least it's more Ok to voice that opinion, so of some news outlets will hammer on that.  

Not 100% sure what you mean by the last statement - sold by who?  The current administration - 0 surprise an administration would dodge their mistakes and downplay the border.   By media - again, no surprise.  

Sorry guys - now I remember what the main point of some of the back and forth before was, and I think THIS link was one that we used:

I get that this doesn't help our back and forth about what % is coming from the border or what % gets through, but it reinforces the idea that building walls and "sealing the border" won't do a ton to the drug trade when most is coming through our legal ports of entry.  

This is exactly why Congress brought the bill with increased technology at border crossings, more manpower and more facilities to the table in the 2018/19 timeframe.

sho nuff said:

About as I expected.

and you've given nothing to show how secure it is - massive drug flow and illegal human trafficking and I see a bury head in sand reaction 

all the information is available with clicks of a mouse and 30 minutes of looking 

agenda

nothing happens like this without there being a core reason behind it

I 100% promise if all these illegals were GOP Trump voters, there would be fast action to stop them from coming in

As far as why the rhetoric is louder now - there are lots of reasons, not the very least I believe there has been steady bubbling up of anti-immigration sentiment over the last decade or so.   Or at least it's more Ok to voice that opinion, so of some news outlets will hammer on that.  

Not 100% sure what you mean by the last statement - sold by who?  The current administration - 0 surprise an administration would dodge their mistakes and downplay the border.   By media - again, no surprise.  
Obviously there isn’t a problem according to this administration.   Who is in charge of it?  The VP who hasn’t been there once, and just giggles. 

How illegal drugs come into this country, and what to do about it, are important issues to tackle, but they’re peripheral to the subject of this thread. The vast, vast majority of those who come here without papers are not drug smugglers, nor are they child abusers, nor are they violent in any way. In each case you’re talking about a tiny minority. 

Obviously there isn’t a problem according to this administration.   Who is in charge of it?  The VP who hasn’t been there once, and just giggles. 
I guess I am still shuked as to what you think these administrations are going to come out and say.   "Yep, it's a #### show - we didn't have a plan, and just wanted to appeal to our voters by overturning Trump policies as quick as possible".?    

In addition to the bottlenecks as we made it harder to come here legally.  We need more real points or entry and more actual immigration judges to handle what is already a giant backlog.

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/immigration/congress-oks-money-for-more-immigration-judges-but-case-backlog-continues-to-worsen/amp/

and you've given nothing to show how secure it is - massive drug flow and illegal human trafficking and I see a bury head in sand reaction 

all the information is available with clicks of a mouse and 30 minutes of looking 
You are the one making the claim its wide open…you are the one making the claim that so much more comes over than we catch…its up to you to back up your claims man.  If all that information was so easy…you would have posted it by now…hell at least try something from even CIS at this point…would be better than anecdotes about your buddy being able to determine someone walking on his land is illegal.

You see what you want to see.  

I guess I am still shuked as to what you think these administrations are going to come out and say.   "Yep, it's a #### show - we didn't have a plan, and just wanted to appeal to our voters by overturning Trump policies as quick as possible".?    
At least they would be honest.  

You are the one making the claim its wide open…you are the one making the claim that so much more comes over than we catch…its up to you to back up your claims man.  If all that information was so easy…you would have posted it by now…hell at least try something from even CIS at this point…would be better than anecdotes about your buddy being able to determine someone walking on his land is illegal.

You see what you want to see.  

a tight sealed border doesn't allow millions into the USA illegally - For 2017, Pew's most recent estimate is 10.5 million illegal immigrants. CMS estimates ..... its probably close to 15 million now and you know how many are caught/sent back .... and we STILL have 15 million +/- here illegally. We don't really know - because they're illegal and with liberals and sanctuary cities and fighting hard to keep the flow of illegals coming in .... we'll probably never know

we catch a lot of illegal drugs - reasonable people would admit we're not catching but a small % because the USA is the worlds leader in consuming illegal drugs (American's LOVE their drugs) 

you have nothing to show me - not one site even - that shows we have a controlled border. You can't show me any numbers at all that shows a controlled border. What I'm saying is not a claim - any internet research will get you the numbers of how bad the southern border is. I don't think you want to know

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs38/38661/swb.htm

U.S. Southwest Border Smuggling and Violence

Most illicit drugs available in the United States and thousands of illegal immigrants are smuggled into the United States across the nearly 2,000-mile Southwest Border, including through the Tohono O'odham Reservation (see text box). Conversely, a significant amount of illegal firearms and weapons as well as bulk currency are smuggled from the Southwest Border region into Mexico. Intensified counterdrug operations, in addition to intracartel and intercartel warfare and plaza competition, have resulted in unprecedented violence in northern Mexico and the potential for increasing violence in the United States.

No problem.  :gang2:

I also think that what we are currently screening for either inadequate, or there is still no stomach or process for taking guns from those who shouldn't have them (ie domestic abusers, etc).   Alos 0 excuse to have a gun purchase without a UBC ever, IMO.    So from where I sit we need to:

1.  100% have a uniform federal requirement for all gun purchases.  

2.  Add in things (if not there) that are being shown to be part of the MO of shooters - domestic abuse charges,  leakage of plans of an attack, etc..  

3.  Either up the age to 21 or include pre-18 info so any info that we have seen in these kids would be included - threats, animal abuse, violent behavior, etc. 
I do agree with most of this.  How about the kid in LA that ran into the mother and her baby?    He will only get a slap on the wrist  and probably off his record in a year.   This is a huge problem with these DA’s in the city who don’t want to try kids as adults.  

What do we do with the border?  People in here are claiming that drug seizures show what a failure the Biden administrations border security is, but those same people were celebratory when it happened under Trump.  At the very least this should put the “open border” rhetoric to bed.

Are things regarding the border worse now than they ever were?  I honestly don’t know and I find the data very hard to interpret. The other hard part is that we only know how many are caught, not how many get through undetected. Trump campaigned on how weak Obama was on the border, but as far as I can tell he deported more illegal immigrants in his first four years than Trump did.

I do think illegal immigrants provide more benefit to our society than harm, so in that sense I don’t see it as a huge problem, but I would like to know who is here. I think the solution is to greatly expand legal immigration. 

I would make a trade deal with Mexico that is dependent on them curbing migration to the US. 

Or tell Mexico, we will place a major factory there that services central and south America and creates a lot of jobs - but again they have to control migration. 

I heard a story today that really gave me reason for thought . It really reinforced my thought that man's inhumanity to man has no bounds. It also made me realize how lucky we are to be born Americans and weather we understand that or not we have it better than most of the world.

I went to get my first pedicure today Hopefully that won't cost me my man card. There was a gentleman there who I guess was maybe 15 years younger than I. Anyway he was part of a group known as the boat people.

When he was 11 years old his parents heard that the communist were coming for the boys in his town for indoctrination or to be inscribed into the military. They feared for his life so they arranged transport for him on one of the boats.

He talked of the fear he had of being on the boat in the ocean of the giant waves . He had never even seen the ocean before. He told me how as they got of the coast of Thailand they were boarded by what he called Tai fisherman. They sounded more like pirates to me. They boarded the boat and raped all the women including little girls. He told me how one of the women refused to be raped and through herself overboard. She died he said.

I just can't imagine going through something like this as an adult much less an 11 year old child. He said his parents thought he was dead for 10 years. They never regretted trying to get him to safety though.

Having had that conversation with him it's easier for me now to see why people risk it all to get here. I hope that someday we can figure a way to help these people legally and orderly without them risking it all to come hete.

I heard a story today that really gave me reason for thought . ...........

Having had that conversation with him it's easier for me now to see why people risk it all to get here. I hope that someday we can figure a way to help these people legally and orderly without them risking it all to come here.

and I think everyone on both sides understands that there are 3-4 billion people on this planet in similar situations, ultra poor, etc etc

the USA cannot absorb 3-4 billion people though, and then there is also the argument on the illegal aspect and impacts on US citizens. There is a reason no country in the world allows unlimited people to come in and set up residence is without borders, without citizenship, there is no country

we need sealed borders, stop the humanitarian crisis, and double or even triple legal immigration quota's ..... control the numbers, get a system that makes it work ..... we are the most generous nation in the world on immigration but we have to be a nation of laws as well

I default to what Bill and Barrack said

Bill - Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.

Obama - Barack Obama said, “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Two famous Democrat presidents - talking the talk, failing to get anything done ... but their words were right

I heard a story today that really gave me reason for thought . ...........

Having had that conversation with him it's easier for me now to see why people risk it all to get here. I hope that someday we can figure a way to help these people legally and orderly without them risking it all to come here.

and I think everyone on both sides understands that there are 3-4 billion people on this planet in similar situations, ultra poor, etc etc

the USA cannot absorb 3-4 billion people though, and then there is also the argument on the illegal aspect and impacts on US citizens. There is a reason no country in the world allows unlimited people to come in and set up residence is without borders, without citizenship, there is no country

we need sealed borders, stop the humanitarian crisis, and double or even triple legal immigration quota's ..... control the numbers, get a system that makes it work ..... we are the most generous nation in the world on immigration but we have to be a nation of laws as well

I default to what Bill and Barrack said

Bill - Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.

Obama - Barack Obama said, “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Two famous Democrat presidents - talking the talk, failing to get anything done ... but their words were right
I agree with everything you say. Just hearing that story firsthand just really hit me in the heartstrings. Maybe I'm getting softer in my old age.

I agree with everything you say. Just hearing that story firsthand just really hit me in the heartstrings. Maybe I'm getting softer in my old age.

its humanity - almost everyone has empathy

funny thing is, most people that fight hard for illegals coming to the USA and for homeless and for druggies and all that .... they don't have to deal with them. Those outspoken people live in white castles and have fenced yards/estates and high tech security and they never once have to deal with all that comes from the things they encourage/fight for

look at Biden putting a big security wall/fence around his estate ..... paid for by taxpayer dollars

I say tear that down, and ship in 10 bus loads of illegals, little water, little food, unsanitary, let them camp right there next to Biden's place ... that's what south Texas communities deal with every day

Good news everyone! Border apprehensions are down from July 22 over July 21. Still 10x as many as when Trump was President, but now Biden can claim that we have 0% illegal immigration!

Check out this graph. Great country we are building here! https://twitter.com/adam_wola/status/1559993429689614336?s=21&t=za44J9BMVOi0Jt7FHZ4eRw

181,552 encounters in 1 month

that's bigger than these cities - and these cities are top 200 in the USA

INSANE

151​
EugeneOregon
180,748​
152​
Elk GroveCalifornia
180,746​
153​
Santa RosaCalifornia
180,189​
154​
SalemOregon
179,715​
155​
OntarioCalifornia
177,533​
156​
AuroraIllinois
177,070​
157​
LancasterCalifornia
176,892​
158​
Rancho CucamongaCalifornia
176,289​
159​
OceansideCalifornia
175,464​
160​
Fort CollinsColorado
174,974​
161​
Pembroke PinesFlorida
174,464​
162​
ClarksvilleTennessee
173,480​
163​
PalmdaleCalifornia
172,790​
164​
Garden GroveCalifornia
172,163​
165​
SpringfieldMissouri
171,112​
166​
HaywardCalifornia
166,708​
167​
SalinasCalifornia
166,162​
168​
AlexandriaVirginia
163,367​
169​
PatersonNew Jersey
162,438​
170​
MurfreesboroTennessee
161,571​
171​
BayamonPuerto Rico
161,242​
172​
SunnyvaleCalifornia
158,949​
173​
Kansas CityKansas
158,771​
174​
LakewoodColorado
158,584​
175​
KilleenTexas
158,129​
176​
CoronaCalifornia
158,088​
177​
BellevueWashington
157,752​
178​
SpringfieldMassachusetts
156,503​
179​
CharlestonSouth Carolina
156,255​
180​
HollywoodFlorida
155,527​
181​
RosevilleCalifornia
153,569​
182​
PasadenaTexas
152,532​
183​
EscondidoCalifornia
152,464​
184​
PomonaCalifornia
152,245​
185​
MesquiteTexas
152,164​
186​
NapervilleIllinois
151,078​
187​
JolietIllinois
150,948​
188​
SavannahGeorgia
150,078​
189​
JacksonMississippi
149,739​
190​
BridgeportConnecticut
149,538​
191​
SyracuseNew York
149,310​
192​
SurpriseArizona
148,274​
193​
RockfordIllinois
147,811​
194​
TorranceCalifornia
147,393​
195​
ThorntonColorado
146,487​
196​
KentWashington
145,424​
197​
FullertonCalifornia
145,309​
198​
DentonTexas
145,167​
199​
VisaliaCalifornia
144,772​
200​
McAllenTexas
144,676​

Good news everyone! Border apprehensions are down from July 22 over July 21. Still 10x as many as when Trump was President, but now Biden can claim that we have 0% illegal immigration!

Check out this graph. Great country we are building here! https://twitter.com/adam_wola/status/1559993429689614336?s=21&t=za44J9BMVOi0Jt7FHZ4eRw

181,552 encounters in 1 month

that's bigger than these cities - and these cities are top 200 in the USA

INSANE

151​
EugeneOregon
180,748​
152​
Elk GroveCalifornia
180,746​
153​
Santa RosaCalifornia
180,189​
154​
SalemOregon
179,715​
155​
OntarioCalifornia
177,533​
156​
AuroraIllinois
177,070​
157​
LancasterCalifornia
176,892​
158​
Rancho CucamongaCalifornia
176,289​
159​
OceansideCalifornia
175,464​
160​
Fort CollinsColorado
174,974​
161​
Pembroke PinesFlorida
174,464​
162​
ClarksvilleTennessee
173,480​
163​
PalmdaleCalifornia
172,790​
164​
Garden GroveCalifornia
172,163​
165​
SpringfieldMissouri
171,112​
166​
HaywardCalifornia
166,708​
167​
SalinasCalifornia
166,162​
168​
AlexandriaVirginia
163,367​
169​
PatersonNew Jersey
162,438​
170​
MurfreesboroTennessee
161,571​
171​
BayamonPuerto Rico
161,242​
172​
SunnyvaleCalifornia
158,949​
173​
Kansas CityKansas
158,771​
174​
LakewoodColorado
158,584​
175​
KilleenTexas
158,129​
176​
CoronaCalifornia
158,088​
177​
BellevueWashington
157,752​
178​
SpringfieldMassachusetts
156,503​
179​
CharlestonSouth Carolina
156,255​
180​
HollywoodFlorida
155,527​
181​
RosevilleCalifornia
153,569​
182​
PasadenaTexas
152,532​
183​
EscondidoCalifornia
152,464​
184​
PomonaCalifornia
152,245​
185​
MesquiteTexas
152,164​
186​
NapervilleIllinois
151,078​
187​
JolietIllinois
150,948​
188​
SavannahGeorgia
150,078​
189​
JacksonMississippi
149,739​
190​
BridgeportConnecticut
149,538​
191​
SyracuseNew York
149,310​
192​
SurpriseArizona
148,274​
193​
RockfordIllinois
147,811​
194​
TorranceCalifornia
147,393​
195​
ThorntonColorado
146,487​
196​
KentWashington
145,424​
197​
FullertonCalifornia
145,309​
198​
DentonTexas
145,167​
199​
VisaliaCalifornia
144,772​
200​
McAllenTexas
144,676​
Unbelievable

Unbelievable

think about this ...

this was in April ...

1. Nearly 1.06 Million CBP Encounters at Southwest Border Thus Far in FY 2022

Nearly 1.06 Million CBP Encounters at Southwest Border Thus Far in FY 2022

And Biden illegal migrant releases now exceed 836,000 — does the president have a plan?

lets say by end of year, it 1.5 million

that would be a top 7 ranked city in the USA for population - do the people who encourage this illegal behavior even begin to wonder the impacts on American citizens ??

RankNameState2022 Pop. 2010 CensusChangeDensity (mi²)Area (mi²)
1New York CityNew York8,930,0028,175,1339.23%29,729300.38
2Los AngelesCalifornia3,919,9733,792,6213.36%8,359468.96
3ChicagoIllinois2,756,5462,695,5982.26%12,124227.37
4HoustonTexas2,345,6062,099,45111.72%3,664640.19
5PhoenixArizona1,640,6411,445,63213.49%3,169517.67
6PhiladelphiaPennsylvania1,619,3551,526,0066.12%12,060134.28
7San AntonioTexas1,456,0691,327,4079.69%3,002485.11
8San DiegoCalifornia1,402,8381,307,4027.30%4,305325.88
9DallasTexas1,325,6911,197,81610.68%3,902339.74
10San JoseCalifornia1,026,700945,9428.54%5,774177.81

What’s ironic is that many of these immigrants have Conservative leanings.
It's only ironic if you believe most of the reason to allow them in is for Democratic votes.
Which has always been absurd.

Right now the only reason a SLIGHT majority of Latinos in this country voted Democrat is because they perceive that the anti-illegal immigrant stance of Republicans is focused on them. If you ever get rid of that issue, if Republicans ever go for a path to citizenship and start welcoming much more legal immigration from Latino countries, the result might very well be a permanent GOP majority in this country.

The leadership of the Democratic Party realizes this, which is one reason why when push comes to shove they’ve been so reluctant to actually deal with this issue (the other is a fear of antagonizing white and black blue collars). So they’d rather keep it as an issue as long as possible. Which to me is infuriating.

I place them all in the sanctuary cities. The compassionate mayors signed their cities up for it.
the mayors in these sanctuary cities such as Chicago not too happy when they have to actually house & feed these immigrants. Texas is busing these immigrants to Chicago & low & behold they don't want them. This city is real good at voicing their good intentions to provide sanctuary until they have to actually provide--------sanctuary.

I place them all in the sanctuary cities. The compassionate mayors signed their cities up for it.
the mayors in these sanctuary cities such as Chicago not too happy when they have to actually house & feed these immigrants. Texas is busing these immigrants to Chicago & low & behold they don't want them. This city is real good at voicing their good intentions to provide sanctuary until they have to actually provide--------sanctuary.
I love that he is doing this. I love even more that these hypocrites condemn it. I mean it just goes to show that their desire to not have illegal immigrants in their city is much stronger than their desire to be consistent or their desire to actually care for these people invading us.

Its basically proof that nobody actually wants illegals in their backyard.

Three years ago my wife and I submitted I-130 petitions for her adult children to enter the US. Their priority dates are 12/09/2019
We took this action after they were both denied tourist visa's.

Her un-married son was just approved in June. His case now gets transferred to the NVC [ National Visa Center]
Currently the visa bulletin is processing priority dated of December 1 2014. Yes they are eight years behind.

Her daughter who is widowed, thus classified differently, is still pending with USCIS.

The legal entry process needs to be streamlined and made more easy to navigate. One should not need a $2000.00 attorney to handle the paperwork.

The boarder needs to be locked down, and illegal crossings need to end. Once that happens, all options should be on the table. And a solution somewhere in the middle of full amnesty and deportation should be reached.

Three years ago my wife and I submitted I-130 petitions for her adult children to enter the US. Their priority dates are 12/09/2019
We took this action after they were both denied tourist visa's.

Her un-married son was just approved in June. His case now gets transferred to the NVC [ National Visa Center]
Currently the visa bulletin is processing priority dated of December 1 2014. Yes they are eight years behind.

Her daughter who is widowed, thus classified differently, is still pending with USCIS.

The legal entry process needs to be streamlined and made more easy to navigate. One should not need a $2000.00 attorney to handle the paperwork.

The boarder needs to be locked down, and illegal crossings need to end. Once that happens, all options should be on the table. And a solution somewhere in the middle of full amnesty and deportation should be reached.
We can’t lock down the border and it’s not going to happen. Illegal crossings are never going to stop. You can lower them, perhaps significantly, by increasing legal immigration, and we should. But you will never stop it and declaring that you won’t consider solutions to this issue until the border is shut down simply means you won’t consider solutions to this issue.

Also, your family’s situation has nothing to do with the migrants crossing our border. You’re not in the same line as them. For most of them there is no line.

Users who are viewing this thread