What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

why are we keeping Djokovic from coming to play tennis ?? (1 Viewer)

If an illegal comes across the border and isn't vaccinated, right back over the border they should go. Nothing further. Bye.
He is banned to travel to the US because he is not vaxed. The tournament is in NY so he doesn't get to play. There's not much else.

but if we don't allow un-vaxxed people into the USA, why are hundreds of thousands coming across the southern borders ?
One is well known tennis guy flying in and is checked by Customs. The other people are trying to sneak in.

It would be hard for the tennis guy to sneak in and play in the US Open.
But if we catch them we let them in. We wouldn't let Novak in.

It is indefensible.
This was discussed upthread and I believe the policy is if you are caught and try and stay in you must be vaxed in most cases.

I do have more sympathy for someone who is coming here as an immigrant than I do for someone who is coming to play tennis, go shopping, what have you.

In any case, in both these circumstances we should be aiming for these people to be vaxed IMO.
Sympathy should have nothing to do with it. It is either a Covid policy or it isn't.

That has been the problem all along. We don't have Covid policies. We have political policies. Everybody knows this, so nobody wants to follow them.
That is the policy I believe.

There was some language about people refusing it and what they would do (not sure if that is a thing honestly, these people are coming here with nothing).
I don't think that is the policy. I tried googling for it and it is tough to know exact current policy because it has been in court so many times. But I believe we still allow asylum seekers to not be vaccinated and are released into the US "with monitoring". But I admit I could be wrong on this.
This is what I read (it’s posted up thread, I’m on my phone so not going to look around).

If you are caught you need to be vaxed. If you refuse they can boot you. As you mentioned there was some things that people can do to avoid if they want but it required special designation. No clue how that works or if people are actually doing this.

These are the people I meant when I used “sympathy” above. They are coming here with nothing, I suspect many didn’t have the option to be vaxed. People coming to vacay or play tennis…too bad. No vax, tough luck.

Regardless we should try and vax all people coming in or require it. I do see the argument it being much less important now than it was a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread