What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

why are we keeping Djokovic from coming to play tennis ?? (1 Viewer)

Canada wasn't letting unvaxxed MLB players travel with their teams to Toronto. Seems kinda similar.

how does Canada handle illegal's ?
Illegal immigrants take a cab to the border. Police officers stand on the border telling them to turn back because it is illegal to cross the border. Once they cross the border, they claim asylum and the police process them in an orderly fashion. Then they are released until they have their asylum hearing.

You probably think I'm joking, but this is pretty accurate. Not nearly the amount of illegals the US deals with so it's generally not a huge issue. But it did become an issue during the Trump years.

Sure! They do this with thousands of people.

they need to do it with ALL of them

if you're trying to come here illegally like Djokovic, turn them away. ALL of them

instead, they're being put up in hotels in NYC while citizens live in homeless shelters .... what a messed up Govt we have

Sure! They do this with thousands of people.

they need to do it with ALL of them

if you're trying to come here illegally like Djokovic, turn them away. ALL of them

instead, they're being put up in hotels in NYC while citizens live in homeless shelters .... what a messed up Govt we have
Is your issue that unvaxed people may be getting into the country?
This is just a fishing trip.
I like fishing too :lol:

may be ?

Of Fed Govt says DO NOT come into the USA unvaccinated, its illegal, you aren't welcomed or allowed

if you are legally trying to enter but come in illegally and walk on across by the tens of thousands

don't you see a wee bit hypocrisy there ?

may be ?

Of Fed Govt says DO NOT come into the USA unvaccinated, its illegal, you aren't welcomed or allowed

if you are legally trying to enter but come in illegally and walk on across by the tens of thousands

I would prefer everyone be vaxed when they come into the country. I hope that’s the policy.

may be ?

I would prefer everyone be vaxed when they come into the country. I hope that’s the policy.
May want to head to the US -Mexico border, for the good of the people of course.

Last edited:

lol

that is NOT the policy ......... this Govt doesn't, and hasn't, cared about people coming into the the USA with covid or disease or unvaxxed etc

literally hundreds of thousands have .... and the Govt has watched and didn't care

lol

that is NOT the policy ......... this Govt doesn't, and hasn't, cared about people coming into the the USA with covid or disease or unvaxxed etc

literally hundreds of thousands have .... and the Govt has watched and didn't care
I don’t know if this is true or not but your answer is to let more unvaxed people in. That’s odd and wouldn’t be my preference.

The law seems obsolete in light of the dominant strains being milder, and the fact that vaxed people can still spread it. We’ve had ample time to get our shots if we want them; everyone else is free to risk a more serious infection. It’s not like we still have a shortage of hospital beds, and we have more effective treatments now. The law isn’t doing much to protect anyone today imo.

The law seems obsolete in light of the dominant strains being milder, and the fact that vaxed people can still spread it. We’ve had ample time to get our shots if we want them; everyone else is free to risk a more serious infection. It’s not like we still have a shortage of hospital beds, and we have more effective treatments now. The law isn’t doing much to protect anyone today imo.
I’d expect this to be reviewed and perhaps changed at some point as well. We’ll see what happens with new boosters that sound like they will target newer variants.

What’s the benefit of letting unvaxed people come in for vacation or to play tennis? Who wants to be the official who signs off on that change?

The wheels of the government move slow however especially in sweeping Issues such as this.

I’d expect this to be reviewed and perhaps changed at some point as well. We’ll see what happens with new boosters that sound like they will target newer variants.

What’s the benefit of letting unvaxed people come in for vacation or to play tennis? Who wants to be the official who signs off on that change?

The wheels of the government move slow however especially in sweeping Issues such as this.
Whataboutism illegals? :lol:

lol

I don’t know if this is true or not but your answer is to let more unvaxed people in. That’s odd and wouldn’t be my preference.
Do you think all of the people crossing the southern border are vaxxed?

lol

Do you think all of the people crossing the southern border are vaxxed?
I’d be surprised if they were.

What's the danger of allowing non-vaccinated people into the country?

Another person who doesn’t need to be here who could potentially get sick or spread the virus around.

In the case of the story that the OP is bunched up about a non-US citizen coming here to play tennis.

This isn’t on my list of things to get concerned about.

Another person who doesn’t need to be here who could potentially get sick or spread the virus around.

In the case of the story that the OP is bunched up about a non-US citizen coming here to play tennis.

Are you just going to ignore that vaccinated people who don't need to be here can come here and get people sick and spread the virus?

Are you just going to ignore that vaccinated people who don't need to be here can come here and get people sick and spread the virus?
So let’s add more issues to this uneccesarly?

No, we're pointing out its a dumb policy not based in science or public health. So people trying to use $cience to justify him not being allowed come here just looks misguided.

Do you really think the US Open is safer without Djokovic?

Using Djokovic to make a point about illegals (and vice versa) is whataboutism at its finest.

This thread is nothing more than a giant fishing trip.

disease control ??

but really, ask Biden and CDC, they're the ones keeping healthy, top condition athletes out who get tested daily I imagine but, oddly enough, allow tens of thousands coming across the southern border

Using Djokovic to make a point about illegals (and vice versa) is whataboutism at its finest.

This thread is nothing more than a giant fishing trip.

no, its reality

policy to allow hundreds of thousands of illegally coming here people, non-vaxxed

and

policy to NOT allow people legally coming in and non-vaxxed

A winning point here.

No, we're pointing out its a dumb policy not based in science or public health. So people trying to use $cience to justify him not being allowed come here just looks misguided.

More people would cause more issues. I’m sure it’s being evaluated but that’s the rule in place.

Public policy is slow, methodical and a blunt tool.

The tennis guy isn’t a special case any more that Pierre the Frenchman who wants to visit NY.

A winning point here.
I do have a little more empathy for say an immigrant coming to the country looking to improve their lives who may not have had the option to get vaxed yet than some one coming here for vacation or to play squash.

In both cases I would like them all to get vaxed.

More people would cause more issues. I’m sure it’s being evaluated but that’s the rule in place.

The tennis guy isn’t a special case any more that Pierre the Frenchman who wants to visit NY.
Am I correct to assume your stance is whatever the public policy says? You didnt seem to want to answer the question.

It's a horrendous and discriminatory policy. I'd have to start questioning the motives of people who support it.

Am I correct to assume your stance is whatever the public policy says? You didnt seem to want to answer the question.

It's a horrendous and discriminatory policy. I'd have to start questioning the motives of people who support it.
If you cant show you are vaxed at the moment I’d say too bad, take your vacation somewhere else. Not sure if I had made my stance clear but there it is.

If they drop this down the road I wont be bothered by it either if things continue as they are.

Many of the same posters who complain about this also oddly like to keep running tallies on deaths from Covid like it’s a scorecard so I am a bit skeptical on their views on this and what point they are trying to make.

If you cant show you are vaxed at the moment I’d say too bad, take your vacation somewhere else. Not sure if I had made my stance clear but there it is.

If they drop this down the road I wont be bothered by it either if things continue as they are.

Many of the same posters who complain about this also oddly like to keep running tallies on deaths from Covid like it’s a scorecard so I am a bit skeptical on their views on this and what point they are trying to make.
So yes, Im taking that as you are just co-signing whatever policy we run with. Even if it doesnt make sense, it's the policy.

Who is keeping running covid scorecard tallies? That was a CNN thing to do. I'm not sure what covid deaths even represent anymore. People dying from covid currently most likely have several comorbidities.

So yes, Im taking that as you are just co-signing whatever policy we run with. Even if it doesnt make sense, it's the policy.

Who is keeping running covid scorecard tallies? That was a CNN thing to do. I'm not sure what covid deaths even represent anymore. People dying from covid currently most likely have several comorbidities.
Many posters on here oddly point out deaths as some scorecard.

Regrading this policy, yeah I’ll go with what they have. As I said policies like this are like turning an oil tanker…slow to react. This isn’t really a bad thing in my view TBH.

As it relates to this I could give two ****s about the person not being able to come here to play tennis or take a vacay.

Regrading this policy, yeah I’ll go with what they have. As I said policies like this are like turning an oil tanker…slow to react. This isn’t really a bad thing in my view TBH.

As it relates to this I could give two ****s about the person not being able to come here to play tennis or take a vacay.
I guess when I see an outdated policy that doesn't serve public health, I don't like the policy anymore.

I guess when I see an outdated policy that doesn't serve public health, I don't like the policy anymore.
Perhaps it is. It is a bit easier for people on a message board to say this than a government looking through hundreds of thousands of unique cases and responsible for the health of it’s citizens.

My heart goes out to those unvaxed people who were unable to fly here to shop or play tennis.

Perhaps it is. It is a bit easier for people on a message board to say this than a government looking through hundreds of thousands of unique cases and responsible for the health of it’s citizens.

My heart goes out to those unvaxed people who were unable to fly here to shop or play tennis.
The government could just stop denying science and acknowledge natural immunity. Or we could go the route of making this more complicated while reducing public confidence in our public health policy. Kind of seems like an easy choice to me.

The fact that our government is still confused over this situation speaks volumes.

Didn't think it was possible to have a bigger nothingburger in the politics forum than what is already in here. I guess I was wrong. I cold give a crap about some tennis guy and his views on anything. Everyone is free to do what they like with their bodies (except, of course, women), but that doesn't mean they get to live their lives with no consequences for their actions.

Enjoy your little fishing trip. I guess Trump getting closer to his indictment is giving SC Politics forum withdrawals.

The government could just stop denying science and acknowledge natural immunity. Or we could go the route of making this more complicated while reducing public confidence in our public health policy. Kind of seems like an easy choice to me.

The fact that our government is still confused over this situation speaks volumes.
Do less people coming into the country who have no shots mean less opportunity to have issues? If It’s yes than it’s an easy blanket policy to have in place for people who determine these things.

Last edited:
Didn't think it was possible to have a bigger nothingburger in the politics forum than what is already in here. I guess I was wrong. I cold give a crap about some tennis guy and his views on anything. Everyone is free to do what they like with their bodies (except, of course, women), but that doesn't mean they get to live their lives with no consequences for their actions.

Enjoy your little fishing trip. I guess Trump getting closer to his indictment is giving SC Politics forum withdrawals.
I think this topic is a confluence of vax skeptics and Biden is the worst!1! folks.

And Tennis enthusiasts.

Do less people coming into the country who have no shots mean less opportunity to have issues? If It’s yes than it’s an easy blanket policy to have in place for people determine these things.
There is no recent data to support that. The vax'd and unvax'd shed the virus for similar rates and duration.

Less people of all vaccination statuses coming into this country would lead to less issues if you want to go that route. Public health policy is supposed to be for the net benefit of society. Ignoring natural immunity doesn't do that. So this just continues to be a really poor policy that makes the policy makers look foolish.

Do less people coming into the country who have no shots mean less opportunity to have issues? If It’s yes than it’s an easy blanket policy to have in place for people determine these things.
There is no recent data to support that. The vax'd and unvax'd shed the virus for similar rates and duration.

Less people of all vaccination statuses coming into this country would lead to less issues if you want to go that route. Public health policy is supposed to be for the net benefit of society. Ignoring natural immunity doesn't do that. So this just continues to be a really poor policy that makes the policy makers look foolish.
If this is accurate then I trust they are looking into this policy and determining how to unwind it.

What causes confusion in my eyes as much as a slow moving bureaucratic mechanism is a policy that changes as the wind blows. Hopefully people understand that some level of patience should be allowed when determining wide ranging policy such as this one.

If there is a booster that is better geared towards the latest variant hopefully they keep the policy in place as far as I am concerned.

If this is accurate then I trust they are looking into this policy and determining how to unwind it.

What causes confusion in my eyes as much as a slow moving bureaucratic mechanism is a policy that changes as the wind blows. Hopefully people understand that some level of patience should be allowed when determining wide ranging policy such as this one.

If there is a booster that is better geared towards the latest variant hopefully they keep the policy in place as far as I am concerned.
Like after 2 years of data they can't figure out natural immunity is viable. Dozens of other countries have already figured this out and implemented it. For whatever reason, this administration just can't do it.

We already know Omicron is a less lethal variant. We've known this for about 9 months now and they can't get around to updating a policy from last Oct? It just makes us look like we dont know what we are doing.

Making Djokovick take the current Wuhan strain vaccine today serves no purpose. I'm scared to think how our policy will evolve once the Omicron vaccine becomes available. At the end of the day, the current state of COVID doesn't justify the policies we have in place.

Users who are viewing this thread