What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

According to today’s polling the public wants Trump to run again and they plan to re-elect him if he does. (1 Viewer)

There is no one who has pulled his act. That is reality. People can warp it into something else but they would be wrong.

That this does not disqualify him as their choice to be the party nom is disturbing - this is opinion. 

Uhm...no one is running yet, much less being nominated.  Maybe you should wait a bit before you guys let your anxiety get the better of you?

This is easy. Trump gives any Democrat in 2024 their best chance of winning. Someone other than Trump, like Rubio or Haley, would be a nightmare for any Dem.

I hope you are right, there is a ton of time.

This is the point of the thread though, looking at the current polls. 

You should be looking at trends, not the only poll put in front of you today.  Trump is losing support and has been since he lost the election.  Just the other days one of you guys posted a link to his latest appearance and like 3 people showed up. 

THAT is what you need to start looking at - how much he draws and the poll support.  All of which are trending down and have been.

You really think Putin is going to keep fighting for the next 2 years on the almost ZERO chance Trump somehow wins the nom and gets elected?  He's already getting his ### kicked now, you think he's going to keep that up for 2 years?
I wish I believed that Trump has ZERO chance of getting nominated and elected. Putin has no one to answer to and I do not doubt he can keep this up for 2 plus years. Slow it down a little and something else will be dominating the news both nationally and overseas. 

Most people dont agree with your version of reality.  
I don’t know if this is true.

I believe the majority of people believe Trump bears great responsibly for Jan 6th riots or similar language. 

They would be choosing to over look this if he gets the nom. This is discouraging. 

I wish I believed that Trump has ZERO chance of getting nominated and elected. Putin has no one to answer to and I do not doubt he can keep this up for 2 plus years. Slow it down a little and something else will be dominating the news both nationally and overseas. 

Well, I think you're letting the :tinfoilhat:  side of lazyike get the best of you.  Try giving the   :grad:  sde of lazyike more air time.

I get all this. I know November is going to be a red wave, known it for a long time. I know Biden is dreadfully unpopular and I think I know most of the reason why. None of that unduly bothers me. It’s politics; you win and you lose. 

What bothers me is…Trump. I don’t understand why he is still the main Republican alternative. The guy committed treason against the country, he tried to overthrow our Democratic form of government. Why is he still a factor? Why isn’t he facing criminal charges, looking at jail time? This is what annoys me and scares me. 
Well, you do have a Federal Justice Department controlled by Democrats, and I would certainly assume that every Democrat prosecutor in the country would love nothing better than to nail Trump.  You have a Democrat Attorney General in New York State (who campaigned on prosecuting Trump) and Democrat Attorney General in New Jersey, and Democratic District Attorneys all over New York City.

Joe Biden also has complete control over all records of the Office of the President at the moment, and can release any dirty laundry he wants to.

If it is so obvious that Trump has committed crimes, why have none of those people, not one of whom is a Trump supporter, not filed charges against him?

You should be looking at trends, not the only poll put in front of you today.  Trump is losing support and has been since he lost the election.  Just the other days one of you guys posted a link to his latest appearance and like 3 people showed up. 

THAT is what you need to start looking at - how much he draws and the poll support.  All of which are trending down and have been.
We shall see. This is definitely positive.

What would you think if he gets the nomination?

We shall see. This is definitely positive.

What would you think if he gets the nomination?

Well, first I would probably have to finish my bowl of crow because I've been adamant he wouldn't get it.  After I was finished with it, then I would have to decide to vote for two equally terrible alternative choices:

• BladeRunner (write in)
  • Democrat Nominee

I don’t know if this is true.

I believe the majority of people believe Trump bears great responsibly for Jan 6th riots or similar language. 

They would be choosing to over look this if he gets the nom. This is discouraging. 
Nope. And you're waaaaay over exaggerating Jan 6th, like a lot of Democrats. Dems are out of touch with the majority of situations and how the majority of people see things.  That's what really going on here and a half a dozen other current events I could list out.  

Nope. And you're waaaaay over exaggerating Jan 6th, like a lot of Democrats. Dems are out of touch with the majority of situations and how the majority of people see things.  That's what really going on here and a half a dozen other current events I could list out.  

Y'know, I don't think the Democrats are overblowing it.  I mean, they've only started 20K Jan.6th threads here in the PSF.  If it was like, 21K then I would say they've blown it out of proportion.  But 20K?  Nah, that's not the MO of people who are overblowing it.

I voted for Biden and Gary Johnson the term before.  I have never voted for Trump.  But I can honestly say that if it’s Biden/Trump again, it’s Trump for me 100%.  Biden and this admin is a f’n disaster.  Still don’t understand how we can’t have better choices than these two losers 

Heres some polling on this topic

A year ago in the ABC News/Washington Posttelephone poll, 57% said Donald Trump bore a great deal or a good amount of the responsibility for what happened. In the mid-December Washington Post/University of Marylandonline/phone poll, a virtually identical 60% gave this response. In the AP/NORC online/phone poll in late January–early February 2021, 50% said he deserved a great deal or quite a bit of the blame. In their new poll, 57% give this response. In a separate item, 80% said the individuals involved deserved a great deal or quite a bit of the blame. In the mid-December NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist telephone poll, 53% said Trump deserved a great deal or good amount, down from 63% in early January 2021 and 58% in mid-January 2021. 

The OP specifically talks about Trump's approval rating getting better as Biden's continues to fall. That's the crux of this thread.  

Well, I think you're letting the :tinfoilhat:  side of lazyike get the best of you.  Try giving the   :grad:  sde of lazyike more air time.
I spent 2016-2019 betting against Trump and was obviously wrong.   I had too much faith that the goodness of folks would emerge and they would turn on Trump. Not only from posters here on this forum but have watched Republicans boot Liz Cheney from their party. It is going to take some mighty  arm twisting to get me believe Republicans will come to their senses before 2024.

Heres some polling on this topic

A year ago in the ABC News/Washington Posttelephone poll, 57% said Donald Trump bore a great deal or a good amount of the responsibility for what happened. In the mid-December Washington Post/University of Marylandonline/phone poll, a virtually identical 60% gave this response. In the AP/NORC online/phone poll in late January–early February 2021, 50% said he deserved a great deal or quite a bit of the blame. In their new poll, 57% give this response. In a separate item, 80% said the individuals involved deserved a great deal or quite a bit of the blame. In the mid-December NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist telephone poll, 53% said Trump deserved a great deal or good amount, down from 63% in early January 2021 and 58% in mid-January 
 Read it closely. You can sed those poll numbers dropping too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A year ago from Forbes.  I'm starting to see why you think differently than most people.  Read it closely. You can sed those poll numbers dropping too. 
In any case they are majorities saying Don bears great responsibility or whatever the language was they used. This is inline with what I thought.  I'm on a phone and that was the first search that came up.

How he could then become the nom over a field of candidates who don't have baggage like inciting a riot at the Capitol over their own vanity is disappointing. 

Hopefully @BladeRunner is correct and he will be regulated to sideshow status in 2 years.

In any case they are majorities saying Don bears great responsibility or whatever the language was they used. This is inline with what I thought.  I'm on a phone and that was the first search that came up.

How he could then become the nom over a field of candidates who don't have baggage like inciting a riot at the Capitol over their own vanity is disappointing. 

Hopefully @BladeRunner is correct and he will be regulated to sideshow status in 2 years.
Ditto Biden and I dont see a viable replacement right now.  

This is easy. Trump gives any Democrat in 2024 their best chance of winning. Someone other than Trump, like Rubio or Haley, would be a nightmare for any Dem.
I remember people saying things like this about 6 years or so ago about the 2016 election.  I thought it too.  Trump is unlike any political figure and phenomena we've ever seen.  Things that would sink anyone else he blows right on by.  I don't think any of us truly know how he would do.  Typically it's hard for people to run again after losing a re-election in Senate/House races, but there's never been anything quite like Trump.

If Trump wins the R nomination, I'm fairly confident he'd lose to Biden in a rematch. (He might not lose to another Dem if Biden retires.)

More interesting would be what happens if Trump runs but fails to win the R nomination? Suppose DeSantis wins it. Trump will hate DeSantis and might recommend that people write Trump's name in on the general-election ballot. Or stay home. Or vote for Biden. Trump could actually sink the Republican presidential chances deeper if he's not the nominee than if he is.
He’ll do exactly what he threatened in the ‘16 primaries, run as an independent.  Which is actually far more accurate to who he really is. The joke has always been people actually buying he’s a republican.  He changes direction more then a wind vane.  

I remember people saying things like this about 6 years or so ago about the 2016 election.  I thought it too.  Trump is unlike any political figure and phenomena we've ever seen.  Things that would sink anyone else he blows right on by.  I don't think any of us truly know how he would do.  Typically it's hard for people to run again after losing a re-election in Senate/House races, but there's never been anything quite like Trump.
Even those Republicans  who have said Trump is responsible for what happened on Jan 6th have said they would no doubt vote for Trump if he was the candidate. McConnell, Christie etc. Partisan Derangement Syndrome will not only see Trump get the nomination, a very good chance he gets elected as well. People don’t even know what is happening when it comes to news regarding many things and many others have short memories. I like what he did when he was President, CRT, high gas prices etc, blah, blah blah is what they will say.

Well, first I would probably have to finish my bowl of crow because I've been adamant he wouldn't get it.  After I was finished with it, then I would have to decide to vote for two equally terrible alternative choices:

• BladeRunner (write in)
  • Democrat Nominee
I thought you’d expressed in the very recent past that having to choose between Trump or any Dem nom was a no brainer Trump vote for you?

They aren't lies if you believe them.

If people believe they are true, well go ask James Carville what will happen.

But I would argue that the parent teacher stuff is correct.   Go read @timschochet opinion on parents input in schools.   He wants children to be indoctrinated with whatever the teachers want.

That (in a general personification intellectual democrat way) attitude is why the working class is growing to hate dems.    #### you parents I know better.
Teachers aren't indoctrinating kids.

A lot of Trumps baggage comes from him expressing his thoughts.  That ability has not been removed. 
It won't be Twitter.    It will be the press reporting his takes on his social media.    Which will blow up his social media then they will hate themselves.

Teachers aren't indoctrinating kids.
Tim wants them too.   And that is the perception.   You don't see that this is the perception?    That's why teachers need to police themselves.   But maybe parents should shut up and let the experts, the unions,  the nea do what they think is right.    

Sounds like a Democrat win.

This may be true, or it may not be true. I don’t care either way. If you could guarantee me right now that Donald Trump will not be our next President, I will take any other Republican under consideration. Gladly. For the next 8 years if need be. 

I’m not a teacher though. And I don’t speak for others, Please don’t use me as an example; I’ve got some pretty crazy ideas. 
Your wife  and daughter educators, and clearly are dragging you left.     I think you represent the unions position.    Are you not reflecting  their position?   

Tim in 2007 we were about in the same position  politically.   Both of us has moved.   I'm a couple inches farther right.

You are basically  advocating a philosopher  king.    Do you not?   Not a person but an expert who can make better decisions.?

It won't be Twitter.    It will be the press reporting his takes on his social media.    Which will blow up his social media then they will hate themselves.
Or it will just be him talking, consistently talking, every day talking.  Interviews, press releases, rally’s, call ins to radio and TV shows, literally nonstop talking. No need for the press to do anything, he just needs to open his mouth and start talking, which he seems to want us to hear Every. Single. Day. 

Or it will just be him talking, consistently talking, every day talking.  Interviews, press releases, rally’s, call ins to radio and TV shows, literally nonstop talking. No need for the press to do anything, he just needs to open his mouth and start talking, which he seems to want us to hear Every. Single. Day. 
Let's talk turkey.     Shows like morning Joe in 2016 gave Trump a billion dollars of free airtime.    Why? because Trump was the candidate  Hillary wanted to run against.   He was the supposed  easy win.    Plus great ratings.

If you really think the msn will do that again.     I think you are right.   And they will have 4 years of job security.    But Trump won't have Twitter. So they will report updates on his new multi billion dollar network.    Which will probably employ fredo coumo, Vladimir Posner & Phil Donahue, featuring Keith Olbermann.

Jarred kushner will appear on all those shows monthly. 

• BladeRunner (write in)
  • Democrat Nominee
Do no 3rd party options appeal to you?

Do no 3rd party options appeal to you?
I know this wasn't directed at me but if Tulsi runs she's gets my vote all day long.

In Florida we do have a 3rd party candidate running for US Senator against Rubio and Demmings. He is a libertarian I'm voting for him over that Bible quoting sleaze Rubio. I could have voted for Demmings but she turned into a major hypocrite by not speaking out about defund police. She was in law enforcement her whole working life for Pete's sake.

It a real long way off.  Lots of things can happen between now and then.

Personally, I think Biden has done a good job on Russia.....and that's probably about it.  But he has very little control over the current situation with inflation and I think in the next year, that'll sort itself out as we get further and further away from COVID.  

Trump also has lots of time to implode or be indicted, either of which could easily happen.  And I don't care what the polls say now, Trump is always gonna have a problem winning the general because there is no way he wins the popular vote, so then it becomes a question of whether or not he can pull the inside straight again....and the odds are against that.  Not impossible, but very difficult.

:goodposting:

I hate Trump, and I don't want him to run.

But Biden and Harris are just soooo bad.  Between the two of em there's an intelligible thought maybe once, or twice, per sound bite.  Totally get why they kept Biden in the basement during the campaign......Harris is even worse!  She goes on and on and says NOTHING of any substance.
Harris is way too unpopular among Democrats to ever win the nomination. It's laughable.

Like her or not (I did not like her), Hillary was qualified and experienced. Harris is not. She has no chance to win the nomination imo.

I would say that one part of being "qualified" is not being corrupt.  Hillary is as corrupt as Joe and Hunter Biden.  Heck, she just got fined by the FEC over the Steele Dossier.  In a rational world she would be disqualified for numerous reasons.  Unfortunately, today's world is not rational.

Users who are viewing this thread