What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

According to today’s polling the public wants Trump to run again and they plan to re-elect him if he does. (1 Viewer)

I've been very consistent on the fact that I don't want Trump to run again.  However, I don't see a viable Democratic candidate so unless someone appears that I currently am not considering I would vote for Trump again if he was the Republican nominee. 

I would like to see the GOP roll out “Donald Trump’s MAGA movement featuring Presidential Candidate Ron DeSantis”. DJT can warm up the audience with some classics and then America’s Governor can deliver the rest of the message to fellow patriots.  

I would say that one part of being "qualified" is not being corrupt.  Hillary is as corrupt as Joe and Hunter Biden.  Heck, she just got fined by the FEC over the Steele Dossier.  In a rational world she would be disqualified for numerous reasons.  Unfortunately, today's world is not rational.
Right on!  👍

I've been very consistent on the fact that I don't want Trump to run again.  However, I don't see a viable Democratic candidate so unless someone appears that I currently am not considering I would vote for Trump again if he was the Republican nominee. 
This stance I understand. I would not vote for Hillary Clinton in the primary. If she got the nom and was against Trump (and probably quite a few other Republicans) I would certainly vote for her.

She also has not done anything that should completely disqualify her as a candidate as has Trump - she is just unlikable and I don't believe can win a national election. I don't think she has a snowball's chance of getting the nom whereas Don is still leading by a wide margin.

I'm kind of in this line of thinking as well. 

I have concerns for another Trump presidency though..his constant trolling, and inability to NOT interact with every person who has a beef with him...its petty.....if re-elected the leftists will literally lose their minds, creating even more of a rift in our country.....Trump is definitely not a uniter.  I get that they tried to take him down from the get- go......but his divisiveness is not what we need as a country.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see the GOP roll out “Donald Trump’s MAGA movement featuring Presidential Candidate Ron DeSantis”. DJT can warm up the audience with some classics and then America’s Governor can deliver the rest of the message to fellow patriots.  
Agreed.....not sure Don's ego will be down with this though.

I would say that one part of being "qualified" is not being corrupt.  Hillary is as corrupt as Joe and Hunter Biden.  Heck, she just got fined by the FEC over the Steele Dossier.  In a rational world she would be disqualified for numerous reasons.  Unfortunately, today's world is not rational.
Very convenient your lack of naming corrupt R’s but I’m sure that’s just an oversight. 

I would never vote for any of those people.  I think Biden’s (and Trump's) approach to Russia/Ukraine has been a complete disaster.  We’ve been incredibly belligerent with sanctions and ratcheting up Cold War tensions with Russia & China both.  It will lead to higher prices across the board, and almost certainly an economic war against the Dollar.  Saudi Arabia has met with Chinese leaders to discuss selling oil in Yuan instead of USD, and Russia is looking to abandon the dollar completely.  

Now Biden wants to give the military another $31 billion dollars while people are out here hurting.  I’m so sick of it.  

But yes the Democrats deserve every thing that’s coming to them.  They have failed this country on an unimaginable scale despite being handed the lowest bar in history.  

Starting out saying, as always, polls are dumb and unreliable.

That being said, this is more of a vote about the complete lack of any viable candidate on the Democrats side.  

I literally hate Donald Trump.  I'd vote for him over DeSantis.  DeSantis is Trump 2.0...all the evil with far less obvious behavior.

While I am not a fan of the person that is Donald Trump I would prefer President Donald Trump.  I simply cannot allow my personal feelings to dictate my actions as it pertains to voting. I require effectiveness. 

I literally hate Donald Trump.  I'd vote for him over DeSantis.  DeSantis is Trump 2.0...all the evil with far less obvious behavior.

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

So, "evil" as in killing 6 million Jews "evil" like Hitler?  Or killing 20 million Russians "evil" like Stalin? or killing 100 million+ people "evil" like communism in general?

Or is the the worst type - "he doesn't agree with me politically" type of "evil"?

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

So, "evil" as in killing 6 million Jews "evil" like Hitler?  Or killing 20 million Russians "evil" like Stalin? or killing 100 million+ people "evil" like communism in general?

Or is the the worst type - "he doesn't agree with me politically" type of "evil"?
Evil as in someone told me he sent mean tweets.  

If Trump runs I will vote for any Democrat running against him but frankly I have had it with both parties.   If the Republican nominee is not DJT, I will probably go for a third party candidate as a protest vote.  

If Trump runs I will vote for any Democrat running against him but frankly I have had it with both parties.   If the Republican nominee is not DJT, I will probably go for a third party candidate as a protest vote.  
Welcome to the 3rd party protest club. We have refreshments but you’ll need to bring snacks.  

I am done with this thinking.   A bit is negative attitude and thinking if Trump is the nominee again, America is getting what it deserves, and a bit is just not being happy about going this route last time and not voting 3rd party like I usually was for POTUS.   If there is one or other of the party's nominee that I could say with a straight face I really like I could be talked into voting that way, but no more of this voting to keep somebody else out nonsense for me.  

I did that by voting for McMullin in 2016 and it gave us Trump. I think I can live with the Democrat better than 4 more years of DJT. While I agree with you with both parties I hope too many don't do what you are saying or we will see a repeat of 2016.

I did that by voting for McMullin in 2016 and it gave us Trump. I think I can live with the Democrat better than 4 more years of DJT. While I agree with you with both parties I hope too many don't do what you are saying or we will see a repeat of 2016.
No if it is Trump I will vote for the Democrat nominee, there is no way I want DJT anywhere near the White House ever again.

I skipped a page, but so far I haven't seen a name posted yet that I'd want to vote for in 2024.  

I would not mind if Trump won again, we were all better off when he was President, notably the historically disenfranchised.

But I am weary of those who complain with no rational support for it, and do so as mewling quim.  It's tiresome and childish and I can do without it.  

I do hope some other more polished politician enters the fray, but keeps the profoundly positive policies used by Trump and restores this nation to the better track. Even then, there will be those who out of spite treat that person the same way. Sadly.

I’m weary of people suggesting Trump can’t be disliked rationally. But by definition,  I guess some people must like demagogues. 

I am done with this thinking.   A bit is negative attitude and thinking if Trump is the nominee again, America is getting what it deserves, and a bit is just not being happy about going this route last time and not voting 3rd party like I usually was for POTUS.   If there is one or other of the party's nominee that I could say with a straight face I really like I could be talked into voting that way, but no more of this voting to keep somebody else out nonsense for me.  

I never thought Trump would be POTUS, I never thought Biden would be POTUS.  So I am expecting more of the same whoever runs in 2022.   Trump will be 78 by then, and Biden well into his 80s so they both need to get out of the way.

This is the viewpoint of many smart, thoughtful Republicans such as yourself that I encounter all the time. 

What bothers me about it is not your refusal to vote for a Democrat- given your political stances that is understandable. But bothers me is your failure to recognize that Donald Trump is beyond the pale, that he shouldn’t be considered as an alternative to Democrats. He shouldn’t be considered as an alternative to ANYTHING. Your post places Trump within the bounds of reasonable consideration of American politicians, and my position is he doesn’t belong within those bounds. He is poison to our political system. 

It depresses me that so many Americans continue to believe that Donald Trump is just another politician, someone who should be reasonably be considered as a possibility to lead this nation. It bothered me greatly in 2016, and it’s even more shocking now. 

This is the viewpoint of many smart, thoughtful Republicans such as yourself that I encounter all the time. 

What bothers me about it is not your refusal to vote for a Democrat- given your political stances that is understandable. But bothers me is your failure to recognize that Donald Trump is beyond the pale, that he shouldn’t be considered as an alternative to Democrats. He shouldn’t be considered as an alternative to ANYTHING. Your post places Trump within the bounds of reasonable consideration of American politicians, and my position is he doesn’t belong within those bounds. He is poison to our political system. 

It depresses me that so many Americans continue to believe that Donald Trump is just another politician, someone who should be reasonably be considered as a possibility to lead this nation. It bothered me greatly in 2016, and it’s even more shocking now. 

Trump is not beyond pale.  I would take Trump/Pence right now over the Biden/Harris combination that we have leading our country.  I don't need 4 more years of this type of leadership, if that's what you call it. 

Trump is not beyond pale.  I would take Trump/Pence right now over the Biden/Harris combination that we have leading our country.  I don't need 4 more years of this type of leadership, if that's what you call it. 
Obviously we don’t see eye to eye on this, but one point I would add: your use of the phrases “Trump/Pence” and “Biden/Harris” are misleading. Neither Mike Pence nor Kamala Harris has played any real or significant role in this nation’s governance. No Vice President in modern history has, with the possible exception of **** Cheney. VPs serve a largely ceremonial purpose. They are there to help the President get elected, that’s all. 

I suspect that in this instance you used the phrase “Trump/Pence” to give Donald Trump a little more credibility. And you might want to consider why it’s necessary to do that. 

Obviously we don’t see eye to eye on this, but one point I would add: your use of the phrases “Trump/Pence” and “Biden/Harris” are misleading. Neither Mike Pence nor Kamala Harris has played any real or significant role in this nation’s governance. No Vice President in modern history has, with the possible exception of **** Cheney. VPs serve a largely ceremonial purpose. They are there to help the President get elected, that’s all. 

I suspect that in this instance you used the phrase “Trump/Pence” to give Donald Trump a little more credibility. And you might want to consider why it’s necessary to do that. 

About VPs.  I voted Biden-Harris but if I had to choose in a crunch I would rather have Pence the backup than Harris.

About VPs.  I voted Biden-Harris but if I had to choose in a crunch I would rather have Pence the backup than Harris.
That’s understandable. Right now, based on what I know, a Presidential race between Harris and Pence would honestly be a tossup for me. I could very easily vote for Pence in that situation. 

But again: these are normal politicians. I feel safe choosing between them. Neither one is a threat to the democracy of our country. 

That’s understandable. Right now, based on what I know, a Presidential race between Harris and Pence would honestly be a tossup for me. I could very easily vote for Pence in that situation. 

But again: these are normal politicians. I feel safe choosing between them. Neither one is a threat to the democracy of our country. 

Unfortunate thantPence got hooked up with Trump as that will be his downfall in the media.  Aside from a couple views I don`t agree with he seems much smarter than Biden and Trump.  

Unfortunate thantPence got hooked up with Trump as that will be his downfall in the media.  Aside from a couple views I don`t agree with he seems much smarter than Biden and Trump.  
He made some very unfortunate and rather absurd comments about 10 years ago regarding some LGBT issues, Disney, etc. And of course as a moderate liberal I disagree with him on several policy issues. But he is, from what I can see, a decent man, competent, a believer in our form of government, and I would have no problem at all with him as my President. 

He made some very unfortunate and rather absurd comments about 10 years ago regarding some LGBT issues, Disney, etc. And of course as a moderate liberal I disagree with him on several policy issues. But he is, from what I can see, a decent man, competent, a believer in our form of government, and I would have no problem at all with him as my President. 

That is what i was talking about but people grow and learn.

This has been 20 minutes of nice civil conversation. I dig it.

And completely agree, I voted Biden/Harris, but would more than likely vote Pence over either one of them. I would worry about how much power influence he would give the church, but it would come from a better place than the idiots laying hands on Trump. Or I'm blind to how evil Pence is. Ignorance is bliss.

This has been 20 minutes of nice civil conversation. I dig it.

And completely agree, I voted Biden/Harris, but would more than likely vote Pence over either one of them. I would worry about how much power influence he would give the church, but it would come from a better place than the idiots laying hands on Trump. Or I'm blind to how evil Pence is. Ignorance is bliss.
I don’t think you’re blind. 

You would vote for kamala harris?  For president of the united states?   

Or orange county dog catcher?

You would vote for kamala harris?  For president of the united states?   

Or orange county dog catcher?
There are other people I would prefer but I would have no problem voting for Harris to be my President. She is smart, highly competent, a good person, and has very good ideas. 

There are other people I would prefer but I would have no problem voting for Harris to be my President. She is smart, highly competent, a good person, and has very good ideas. 

Me neither. She proved herself as California State Attorney General and then again as Senator. 

Trump’s behavior prior to the 2020 election, and his insistence of the election being rigged afterwards were directly responsible for January 6.

There is absolutely no way I could ever consider voting for any candidate after that, I wouldn’t care if it was Jesus Christ.

It is my opinion that Trump took a dump on the Constitution and it amazes me that anyone can look past it but I never understood the appeal of Trump in the first place.

I know there are millions of people that don’t agree with me and don’t care about January 6.   Nothing I can do about it but Americans used to care about character.  

Sadly that is no longer the case.

Listening to the Trump Rally in the background as I work at the office. Playing all the hits, everything is the very worst, he is the very best, rigged elections, everyone he likes is the very best, everyone he hates is evil and the worst, all of the false claims and he asks "would you like me to run again?" And then says he will remember their reaction. He calls up three guys and they all talk for about 30 seconds just saying how amazing Trump is. RSBN who is showing the rally had one commercial to "pay the bills". The commercial spot was for My Pillow of course.

No crowd shots. Camera tight on Trump. 

How you can support this guy is beyond me. I just don't get it.

Listening to the Trump Rally in the background as I work at the office. Playing all the hits, everything is the very worst, he is the very best, rigged elections, everyone he likes is the very best, everyone he hates is evil and the worst, all of the false claims and he asks "would you like me to run again?" And then says he will remember their reaction. He calls up three guys and they all talk for about 30 seconds just saying how amazing Trump is. RSBN who is showing the rally had one commercial to "pay the bills". The commercial spot was for My Pillow of course.

No crowd shots. Camera tight on Trump. 

How you can support this guy is beyond me. I just don't get it.

We said the same thing about Hillary and Biden.  :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread